This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surprise surprise

A change of pace as the trout fishing was not happening with an influx of dirty water in our area. As you know in south Louisiana there is something biting somewhere and sometimes one has to improvise with the ever changing conditions. That’s exactly what we did and we were rewarded with some very nice fish in the form of sac-a-lait. I fished the first day with Jimmy Verrett and David Loupe and boy were the fish on fire. We caught them in only 4 ft of water on Wedgetail Crappie Minnows in all colors. This is a miniature version of the 3 inch wedgetail that we catch so many trout & redfish with on most days. The second day was another great day fishing with my 2 sons Brad & Chris for Fathers Day. We caught over 200 fish in the 2 day span and what a great adventure it was for everyone. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
    985-637-3712
    www.captlake.com

Comment

• Long day at the Beach Wednesday. I picked up Jim Walther, his son Brandon, and friend Mike from Jim's camp. We headed out into the Sound and it was like glass. We were not alone out there, boats were everywhere. At our first few stops the Bull Reds would not leave us alone. They managed to get 2 of them worth keeping and releasing the other gorillas. After fighting as many as the guys could stand we ran all over the place looking for a Trout bite. We covered a lot of water with lots of stops and by noon we only had 4 Trout, and some Heads on ice. Finally at one rig they got the Trout count up to 13 on a slow bite. We ran to one more rig and it started out slow, but then the Trout went nuts. It was an hour of solid fast action, then as fast as it started it ended, but not till the guys caught their limits. I joined in the action a little catching some to take to the house. We ended up with 85 pretty Trout, 2 Reds, 8 Heads, and 1 Drum.

The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
      United Charters
      Shell Beach, LA
      504-439-1680
      [email protected]
      www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
      First class speckled trout and redfish
      fishing charters in
      Shell Beach, Louisiana
      504-439-1680
      United Charters.com

Comment

• Reds On The DU!

A great day of fishing for my Texas crew. Carl DeAngelo and Brian Grona were back on the DU to catch reds and specks. We started off our day chunking spinner baits with the first red of the day going over the 10 lb. mark! The big brute was feeding on a very shallow flat and she crushed the Chick On A Chain Bayou Chub with a gold spinner. The guys picked up another 4 fish before relocating to another area. Got a call from Capt Rodney who was fishing with Bill Bertrand & crew and they were on some nice reds not far from us. Baitfish were present at both locations and although the reds could be seen in the baitfish we only picked up about 10 fish between both boats. We continued to find fish at every stop and by the noon hour we had caught 30 fish between both boats. It was a beautiful day on the water with both groups enjoying their day on the DU!.

Capt Bill Lake
        985-637-3712
        www.captlake.com

Comment

• Reds & Specks!

Another good day of fishing on the DU! We had 4 boats out on this day with everyone wanting to get out after the trout! We found calm seas and pretty water upon our arrival at our first location. Capt Brady fished with Brian Grona and Carl... DeAngelo for their second day on the DU. Capts Rodney & Alden helped me out with the Gaiennie Lumber crew from Mississippi. We started catching fish right away with the trout eating up our live shrimp but the trash fish were doing a number on our bait too. My crew enjoyed the quick trout bite but wanted to catch reds too. We fished plastic but the trout were not cooperative with only 8-10 fish falling for our double rigged chubs. We had 85-90 trout between the boats so we headed in around 9:00 to target the reds. Dan Suillivan and his crew fished with me and they jumped all over the reds at our first stop. Those guys sure preferred to tackle the bronzebacks over the trout and I expect that’s what they will want to do on their return trip to the DU! Nobody limited out on the trout but everyone had 30-40 fish per boat. Sure had a great time this past weekend and hopefully our trout bite will improve this week. Big thanks to the Capts and to our customers who we never take for granted!! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
          985-637-3712
          www.captlake.com

Comment

• Windy day at the Beach today. I picked up Jim Walther and his guests Gary and Kelly from his camp in Fort Beauregard. It was nice and calm when we left, but as we got out to Black Bay the wind was kicking. We made a couple of stops, but the waves and dirty water were too much. With only two keeper Trout in the box, I decided to change gears and headed back to the MRGO. We made a couple stops along the rocks and picked away at the Trout. Fishing with Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork the guys fished through lots of throw backs, but the keepers were nice and with the wind we did not have many options, so we stuck with it. Number 75 along with 1 Reds hit the ice at 11:00, and with the heat coming on we headed to the house.

The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
            United Charters
            Shell Beach, LA
            504-439-1680
            [email protected]
            www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
            fishing charters in
            Shell Beach, Louisiana
            504-439-1680
            United Charters.com

Comment

• Trout Fishing

Dularge Trout Fishing

Looking to moving on and putting this weekend behind us! It was a terrible weekend to catch trout and thankfully we have a great forecast to get offshore next week. We cancelled all 8 boats Thursday thru today due to the weather and high winds. No one wants to go out in 3 ft seas and fish out of a bay boat and I don't blame them. When 90 % of your business is speckled trout charters and we cant get offshore this is what happens. Not one group wanted to catch redfish and I respect their decisions by giving them the opportunity to fish another day. Yes I lose a bunch of money but it comes back to you paying big dividends in the form of repeat business! The fishing was great on Mon,Tues and Wed this past week with hundreds of trout caught as the yellowmouths were eating up big time. Big thanks to Bruce Broussard & crew, Andy Brown & crew,Jim Kirkland & crew for their business. Also I would like to thank Capts Ricky and Alden for taking good care of Stephen McCoy and Alfredo Pinero. Really looking forward to busting up the trout next week. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
              985-637-3712

Comment

• Trout Slam!

A beautiful day on the DU! Slick calm seas and emerald green water only means one thing! Hungry speckled trout will be feeding and boy were they on fire! Capt Ricky fished with Scott Brasuell & family on Saturday while I was enjoying 4th of July festivities with my family. Thank you Capt Ricky! They were greeted with rough seas and stained water on Saturday. They fished hard putting a nice box of trout together with around 30 fish and added a few puppy drum on the way in. A good trip for the conditions they were dealt. However on Sunday it was much different with hungry trout eating up our VuDu shrimp and LSU chubs at every stop. Scott,Chris & Steven Brasuell and Adam Gray enjoyed a great trout slam as we iced up 125 fish by 10:45. Needless to say the action was pretty fast for the crew. At our first stop in shallow water we caught 35 fish and watched my good friend Coogan Ryan and a buddy catch 40 plus trout on top water! Yes it was one of those mornings that most people dream of having on the water and I was glad this crew could witness it for themselves! The guys enjoyed their 2 night stay at the “Lakehouse” and they want to come back soon! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake

Bayou Guide Service
                www.captlake.com
                985-851-6015

Comment

• Saturday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with James Shepherd, his daughter Reine, his brother Pat and his son Pat Jr. We were greeted by a stiff NE wind as we left Campo's, so I headed over to Lake Fortuna where we would have some protection from it. Fishing with live shrimp 3' under a cork the crew put some good Trout on ice, but after a while the small trout took over. Next we headed over to the Rocks, and did nothing. The wind was dying down some so we headed out into Bay Eloi. At our first stop out there we got on a good bite, getting the body count up to just under 80. The Trout eventually started getting small, so with not many baits left we made a move to another rig. The Trout at this rig were nicer, and the crew fished till all the shrimp were gone, and the kids were worn out. The Shrimp Creole Matrix Shad also put many fish in the box. Total for the day was 112 trout and a ton of fun.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  United Charters
                  Shell Beach, LA
                  504-439-1680
                  [email protected]
                  http://www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  fishing charters in
                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                  504-439-1680
                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Fun day on the Beach Tuesday with the Jim Walther group. Got on some nice big Trout after a slow start in Eloi. After heading deeper into the Sound the Trout were slamming the Campo's live croakers 4' under a cork. They started out on live shrimp, but once we started throwing the croakers the Trout really only wanted them. Had a few monster Reds mixed in that were released and one smaller Red that is now headed for the grill. The thunder was getting closer and the winds started to kick up so we called it a day early to beat the storms in.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    United Charters
                    Shell Beach, LA
                    504-439-1680
                    [email protected]
                    www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    fishing charters in
                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                    504-439-1680
                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Trout Fishing On The DU!

Enjoyed a quick trip slamming the trout yesterday with Ernie Bergeron and Capt Brady Giroir in the big Skeeter. A very nice ride I must say in the 2 ft chop. Only had to make a couple of stops after the rain showers were over. We busted up 75 nice trout in 3 hours with tantem rigged LSU chubs doing the damage. Ernie enjoyed the 2 at a time slam as it was a fun trip for everyone. The trout fishing is on fire in Dularge and everyone is wanting to get in on the action! Hopefully this trend will continue a few more weeks as it all depends on the weather! Thanks guys for a fun day on the DU!. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                      985-637-3712

Comment

• Nasty weather and nice fish at the Beach Wednesday. I had the Jeff Held group on board and things looked great as we left Campo's. There was no wind and the water was like glass, but lots of lightening to the south. As we got closer to the outside you could feel the winds were picking up. We tried to head out to the Sound where I left them biting the day before, but as we hit the cut in the Rocks I knew we had better change plans. The storms were coming our way fast and the wind was howling. We headed over to a rig in Eloi where the rocks gave us some protection from the wind. The guys immediately started putting Trout in the boat, but before long the rain caught up with us, so we hunkered down and let the rain pass and hoped it would take the wind with it. It took some of it, but left enough behind to keep us stuck in Eloi. We bounced around a couple other rigs picking up some good Trout, but lots of throw backs and croakers were burning up our bait fast. Finally around mid morning the wind started to lay down so with no much bait left we made our move to the Sound. Right off the bat Jeff's dad pulls in a nice big Trout, then another. They were fishing with live shrimp 3' under a cork. It looked like the Trout were gong to turn on, but they only would tease us. The guys would put a few in fast then the bite would stop, then after a while we would get another flurry then a break in the action. This continued till we ran out of bait and called it a day. They finished up with 55 pretty Trout, 2 Reds, and 6 Heads.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        United Charters
                        Shell Beach, LA
                        504-439-1680
                        [email protected]
                        www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        fishing charters in
                        Shell Beach, Louisiana
                        504-439-1680
                        United Charters.com

Comment

• Perilloux crew hits the Beach Friday. Robert Perilloux brought four of his sons down for some fishing fun. They have fished with me for several years now. We headed straight to a well head in the Sound and right from the start the guys had Trout flying into the boat. We started out fishing with Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork. The bite was going good till another boat came in too fast, then after a couple failed anchoring attempts they ended up right on top of the fish killing the bite. After they left in shame we switched to fishing on the bottom and continued to pick away, weeding through a lot of bait stealing croakers and channel mullets. Out of bait we made a move closer to the MRGO and I switched everyone to Matrix Shads. They put some more Trout on ice finishing of their limits then one of the guys hooked into something big. Turned out to be a big Jack that was released after a photo op. It was another fun day of fishing with Robert and his boys.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          United Charters
                          Shell Beach, LA
                          504-439-1680
                          [email protected]
                          www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          fishing charters in
                          Shell Beach, Louisiana
                          504-439-1680
                          United Charters.com

Comment

• Dularge Trout Fishing

Trout fishing is heating up on the DU! Just finished up a great week of slamming the trout! We're catching them on nothing but plastic with LSU and Glow/chartreuse Bayou Chub minnows doing the trick for us everyday. Steve Jackson,Austin,Bob Marks and Doug Clark had a great time catching some very pretty 16-22 inch fish on the big Blazer Bay! The fish were feeding in a strong current and would hit the double rigs while drifting as they never had chance to get to the bottom. My I Pilot by Minn Kota worked overtime in the anchor position flawlessly as it held us exactly where we needed to be! Sure is great not to have to drop an anchor in such conditions. Only had to hit 2 spots with mostly singles caught at our first location and doubles almost every cast at our second stop. Steve and the crew had a blast as we called it a day before noon. Big thanks to Capt Wendy for the great Camp Dularge experience and to Capt Alden for taking care of Aaron Wood and crew the past couple days! Looking forward to another great week of fishing. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                            985-637-3712
                            www.captlake.com

Comment

• Trout Slam!

Another great trout slam on the DU! Although we got off to a slow start the yellowmouths didn’t disappoint Bailey Kirk and crew. It was windy early but slicked out after the noon hour. We made several stops finding fish here and there before finding the motherload. The trout were chasing shrimp and small crabs on the surface and slamming the double rigged LSU Bayou Chub Minnow. Double and triple hook-ups had this crew going wild as they never saw such great action in their lives. As soon as the double rig hit the water it was 2 fish every cast! 15-20 inch fish without a single throw-back! We had no problem catching 100 trout and could have caught 100 more! The guys will remember this trip for the rest of their lives! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake

Bayou Guide Service
                              www.captlake.com
                              985-851-6015

Comment

• Late report for Wednesday from the Beach. Onboard I had Gary and Richard. The wind was blowing pretty good out of the NW so we started out fishing with Campo's live shrimp 3' under a cork along a lee shoreline in Lake Fortuna. There was plenty of action, but lots of small Trout to weed through. We made a move out to a rig and got on a decent bite of some nicer fish. Here they wanted it on the bottom with a Carolina rig. There were a ton of big Sailcats in and one big Red that bro he off on the rig between the Trout. Once that bite slowed down we headed out into the Sound since the winds were laying down. We got set up on the up current side of a rig and fished on the bottom. Here they wanted the bait hopped along the bottom and they would hit it as the bail fell. The Trout were really nice and the box was looking pretty good. As the tide slowed, so did the bite. Out of bait and tide we tried plastics, but they would have nothing of it. By now the wind died to nothing so we headed to the house in slick calm water with 65 pretty Trout, 6 Heads, and 1Drum on ice. Good day with some great guys.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove. The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                United Charters
                                Shell Beach, LA
                                504-439-1680
                                [email protected]
                                http://www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                fishing charters in
                                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                504-439-1680
                                United Charters.com

Comment

• Nasty weather, but fun Friday at the Beach. Ben Smith brought his son Drake and his brother Greg down for some action. The trip was a birthday present for Drake who turned 7 the next day. There was rain on its way and the wind was blowing pretty good. We started out fishing the MRGO rocks with live shrimp 3' under a cork and picked through a lot of small Trout and a bunch of bait stealing croakers to put 10 good Trout on ice before the bite completely died. The storms were getting closer so I headed back closer to the house so we could fish in Lake Borgne. Turned out to be a good move. Fishing with Campo's live shrimp on the bottom the guys put some really pretty Trout in the boat. The weather eventually started to get bad, so we made the short run back to the slip. They burned through a lot of bait with all the pinfish and croakers nibbling at the shrimp, but ended up with a nice box considering the conditions and had a great time. Total for the day was 31 Trout, 6 Drum, and 5 Heads.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove. The Speckled Trout bite is red hot right now along with lots of Reds in the marsh, and will stay that way for the rest of the summer. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  United Charters
                                  Shell Beach, LA
                                  504-439-1680
                                  [email protected]
                                  www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  fishing charters in
                                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                  504-439-1680
                                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Dularge At Its Best!

Down In Dularge

The fishing in lower Dularge has been outstanding the past 10 days. The trout bite has been consistent leading up to the August full moon. The ship shoal platforms have been good and the beaches have been producing good numbers of fish on Raccoon Island. Live croakers have been working best for catching trout. You can catch them on plastic too but you may have to work a little harder to fill the box. Tantem rigged Bayou Chub Minnows in glo/chartreuse,purple/chartreuse and chicken on a chain has worked very well the past few days.

The redfish bite has been incredible as they have shown up in full force in the deeper waterways and also along the shorelines of the area lakes. We saw massive schools of fish in the 6-9lb range cruising the flats in 2-3 ft of water on 3 different days last week. One day they crushed anything we threw at them and the next day they would just swim right by our lures and not touch them. We'll have to wait and see what happens in regards to trout fishing after this full super moon but generally our trout fishing falls off in late August. Redfish action will just get better and better from now through October. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                                    985-637-3712

Comment

• Dularge Redfish Slam!

8/7/14…….After catching 80 trout the previous morning,Chris Tabor and crew wanted to tackle the bronzebacks. Capt Brady Giroir and I headed out with the crew at daybreak and had no problem putting the guys on all the reds they could handle. We found the fish stacked up on an incoming tide and they fed for over 2 hours non- stop. We brought in 50 reds between both boats!. The reds averaged anywhere between 16 in. and 27 in. with the majority around 22-25in. The reds were not all on the bottom as some were suspended in the water column and would eat the bait on the fall. This crew never had so much fun catching fish! They enjoyed their 2 night stay at the Reel In and Shawn Whitneys cooking! These guys cannot wait to get back down to the DU! Good luck fishing.
                                      Bayou Guide Service
                                      www.captlake.com
                                      985-851-6015

Comment

• Last Tuesday at the Beach I had the Chris Garvey group of him, his sons Ethan and Andrew, along with Chris Devine and his son Reece. We headed out into the Sound and got on a slow bite of some pretty Trout at our first stop fishing with Campo's live shrimp under a cork. After this bite died out we made several moves dodging rain and had a tough time finding keeper Trout. After getting on a good bite we were once again run off by the thunder and lightening. Though conditions were not ideal the guys still put together a good box of fish and had a great time.

I ALSO HAVE A FEW OPEN DAYS THIS WEEK, GIVE ME A CALL TO MAKE ONE OF THEM YOURS!

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                        United Charters
                                        Shell Beach, LA
                                        504-439-1680
                                        [email protected]
                                        www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                        fishing charters in
                                        Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                        504-439-1680
                                        United Charters.com

Comment

• More Great Redfish Action!

Great to have some new customers on the big Blazer Bay on Saturday morning. Some really great guys including Caleb Latiolais (Gator Outfitters), Cody Bourque,Bryson Theriot and Jonathan Borne. The guys wanted to tackle the bronzebacks and they did just that! We left the dock around 7:30 am as I told them no hurry as the fish would most likely be there. Upon arrival we fished about 20 minutes before the first fish bit the dust. After that it was “fish on” just about every cast until we limited out. The reds averaged 18-27 inches and they were hungry! It was an incredible bite as the guys had double and triple hook ups as the reds were going wild. The only negative aspect of the trip is that Caleb was hooked in the finger and his day was over after catching his first fish. We thought he may have been able to ice up the finger and push it through but it was too deep. He was a trooper as he allowed his 3 friends to continue fishing until their limits were reached. We immediately headed back to the “Lakehouse” and arrived back at 10:00. They went to Urgent Care and the hook was successfully removed with no problems. I spoke with Caleb today and hes doing great! The guys are already looking forward to another trip to the DU! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake

Bayou Guide Service
                                          www.captlake.com
                                          985-851-6015

Comment

Working...
                                          X