X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point A La Hache Slam- Mixed catch

Point A La Hache Slam- Mixed catch

Late report: 11/2/2014:

Nolan and I left out of Beshel’s marina to fish under heavy fog conditions but clear water. We slammed the trout, redfish, black drum and sheepshead in our favorite spot, Jerry’s Trench. There’s really no need to brag as the fish in the area are very much obliging. Various lure were used, sometime tipped with what we call “smidgets”: small cut pieces of shrimp cut with scissors to keep the shell in tact. Limits of trout pretty quickly and a big mess of black drum and reds with a few sheepshead mixed in.

Good fishin’
    Jerrylabella.com
    Jerrylabella.com/forums

Attached Files
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Point A La Hache Tout Slam

Point A La Hache Tout Slam
      12/5/2014

Today Maurice and I left out of Beshel’s Marina under very moderate weather and no fog. Tide was high and water clean. The trout action was still good on various lures under corks, sometimes tipped with a piece of shrimp. We limited out 50 specks and one 24 inch redfish. We gave some of our specks to a friend to keep in the 50 limit requirement.

Good fishin’,
      Jerrylabella.com
      Jerrylabella.com/forums

Attached Files

Comment

• Point A La Hache Trout Trip

Today Nolan and I left out of Point A La Hache to fish various locations around and in Oak River. Water was low and weather chilly under clear skies as we left the marina. Fishing was very slow evidenced by the few boats moving around to locate fish. Using various lures tight line and under corks we managed to keep 17 nice sized speckled tout.
        We came back early around 12:30 pm.

Good fishin’
        Jerrylabella.com/forums
        Attached Files

Comment

• Wednesday’s running of the Bulls at the Beach. I had the Forrest Fife group of three. They spent the night across the street from my boat slip at the First Cast Lodge. With Reds and Heads in mind we headed straight out into the Sound. The water was fairly calm, but lots of dirty river water all over. The first rig we hit was full of big Sheepshead. In no time the guys filled the box with Heads, a couple Drum, and a Flounder. We moved to another rig and from the first cast it was double and triple hookups on Bull Reds. They kept me busy releasing one after the other, keeping our limit of 4. I could not believe how long they sat there fighting one after the other nonstop. The reds were eating bare jig heads and we even tossed top water watching them blow up on it. I have no idea how many they caught, but it was constant triple fish on for at least three hours and left them biting. They said it was the craziest Redfish bite they had ever seen and the best trip ever.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught with Campo’s dead bait on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring action is here. The big Reds and Heads are eating up at the outer rigs and this is a great time to load the boat with big hard fighting fish. The Trout action is ready to break open any day now. The books are filling up fast, don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
          United Charters
          Shell Beach, LA
          504-439-1680
          [email protected]
          http://www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
          First class speckled trout and redfish
          fishing charters in
          Shell Beach, Louisiana
          504-439-1680
          United Charters.com

Comment

• Fun Saturday at the Beach. My crew for the day was Mark, Irvin, Joe, and Lenard. The weather was kind of iffy, and there were some showers heading our way so we stayed close in the marsh. Joe had the first bite, but the line broke and we watched the cork swim around the pond. After boating another Red we managed to snag the cork as it passed by and got that nice Red on ice too. The water was pretty low and the wind was blowing. I hoped that after the showers passed by we could get out to the Sound since the wind forecast was supposed to be good. The rain moved out, but the wind stayed. We made our way to the cut in the Long Rocks and here the guys had a blast catching limits of big Reds, losing several and landing a monster Drum. The action slowed and it did not look like we were going to get outside to the rigs so back to the marsh we went. The guys had a great time putting together a nice box of 15 Reds, 7 Drum, and 1 Head.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught with Campo’s dead bait on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring action is here. The big Reds and Heads are eating up at the outer rigs and this is a great time to load the boat with big hard fighting fish. The Trout action has been picking up in the outer bays and will break wide open any day now. The books are filling up fast, don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
            United Charters
            Shell Beach, LA
            504-439-1680
            [email protected]
            www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
            fishing charters in
            Shell Beach, Louisiana
            504-439-1680
            United Charters.com

Comment

• Trout scout at the Beach. After tons of Reds and Heads action in the Sound lately Capt. Jakamo and I wanted to go look around the outer bays for some Trout action. We left the dock around 1:30 and It was a little breezy, but the Trout did not care. We bounced around a few Islands and put some pretty Trout on ice with Matrix Shads and live shrimp fished under a cork. The stupid Bull Reds did break up our bite several times. It was so ice to clean a mess of Trout for a change.

Spring action is here. The big Reds and Heads are eating up at the outer rigs and this is a great time to load the boat with big hard fighting fish. The Trout have showed up in the outer bays and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. The books are filling up fast, don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
              United Charters
              Shell Beach, LA
              504-439-1680
              [email protected]

Capt. Rory Rorison
              fishing charters in
              Shell Beach, Louisiana
              504-439-1680
              United Charters.com

Comment

• Late Friday and Saturday report from the Beach. I helped Capt. Mark run part of the 4 boat Zachary Group. Friday we started out looking for Trout on the edge of the Sound. The wind made things tough, but the guys put 32 nice Trout on ice before we changed gears and looked for Reds. We ran back into the marsh and our first stop only produced two Reds. The second stop we hit the jackpot. In short order the guys caught our limits of Reds and caught and released many more before calling it a day.

Saturday we went back after the Trout first thing. It was a slow, but steady bite and the Trout were even better on average than the day before. The guys ended up with 60 or so pretty Trout before the bite completely died. We then went back to where we got on the Reds the day before. The wind was blowing from a different direction and the water was a good foot lower. We bounced around the area without much to show for. After looking at the radar on my phone I could see some very nasty weather heading our way so we headed closer to the house and fished a little in Lake Borgne. The guys put a few more Trout in the box along with a few Drum and Heads. We made it back to the camp just before the rains came. The other boats had nice boxes of fish both days and everyone had a great time.

Spring action is here. The big Reds and Heads are eating up at the outer rigs and this is a great time to load the boat with big hard fighting fish. The Trout have showed up in the outer bays and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. The books are filling up fast, don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                United Charters
                Shell Beach, LA
                504-439-1680
                [email protected]
                www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                fishing charters in
                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                504-439-1680
                United Charters.com

Comment

• Okies hit the Beach last Friday. Terry Stupp, my rod supplier from Oklahoma was in town for Jazz Fest and he brought Kristie and Sheila down for some fishing fun. The wind was blowing pretty good and the water was very low. We started out in a semi protected area on the edge of Breton Sound. The bite was a little slow, but the Trout were very nice. We worked the area with Campo’s live shrimp 3’ under a cork and they put a nice bunch more on ice before the bite slowed. We moved closer in toward Oak River Bay and got on a good bite on a lee shore. There were a lot of Sheepshead in the area and they had a lot of fun with those. The wind died down some and we hit an island on the edge of Black Bay and got on a steady bite of some really nice sized Trout. My crew was worn out and had a great time boxing 50 Trout, 31 Heads, and 6 Reds.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  United Charters
                  Shell Beach, LA
                  504-439-1680
                  [email protected]
                  www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  fishing charters in
                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                  504-439-1680
                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Good day at the Beach today. I picked up Jim Walther and two of his friends up at Jim’s camp. The wind was blowing pretty good out the SE and the water was very high as we left the dock. I was a little worried went we got to our first spot since the water did not look all that good. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp 3’ under a cork the bite started off kind of slow. Turned out the fish were in front of the boat making the guys cast into the wind, and they were rewarded for the effort by getting a good bite going. Pretty Trout after pretty Trout were flying in the boat. We put Trout number 100 on ice at 9:45 along with 1 Red. Got to love that one stop shopping.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    United Charters
                    Shell Beach, LA
                    504-439-1680
                    [email protected]
                    www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    fishing charters in
                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                    504-439-1680
                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Friday and Saturday report from the Beach. I helped Capt. Dane out with a multi boat group both days. Friday I had four in my boat. We started out fishing a shoreline near the edge of the Sound with Campo’s live shrimp 3’ under a cork. The bite was not fast, but the Trout were very nice. We stuck with it till the bite really slowed down. We then made a move to a rig in Eloi. Here we changed tactics to live shrimp on Carolina rigs hopped along the bottom, and it paid off in a good Trout bite. The guys were hauling them in at a steady pace and before long number 125 hit the ice.

Saturday I only had three in my boat. The wind was blowing a good bit more than the day before. We headed toward the rig we finished up at Friday, but got a bad report on it from another Capt. that tried it first. He said it was crowded, that water was dirty, and no bites. We moved to another rig and found some Trout, but they were on the small side. We hit a couple other rigs and caught a few more, but the wind was tough. By now we had 40 or so in the box. With the SE wind blowing we moved closer to the house and fished along the shore of Lake Borgne. As soon as we got to this stop the Trout started to fly into the boat, and nicer sized than the ones we caught earlier. Like a light switch the tide stopped and so did our bite, but by then we put 85 on ice along with 3 Reds and few Heads. The guys had two great days of fishing fun and will be back for more.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

THE TROUT BITE IS ON!!! They have shown up and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. The books are filling up fast, don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      United Charters
                      Shell Beach, LA
                      504-439-1680
                      [email protected]
                      www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      fishing charters in
                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                      504-439-1680
                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Good as it gets at the Beach today. Today I had the Jim Walther group. I picked Jim, Chris, Charles, and Ross up at their camps in Fort Beauregard. You could not ask for a prettier morning, slight overcast with very little wind and the water starting to rise. We started out at a cluster of pilings not far from the MRGO. From the first cast the guys were catching Trout one after the other. We put close to 40 in the box before the bite died out. From there we ran to a wellhead and as soon as the corks hit the water the Campo’s live shrimp were eaten by a hungry fat Trout. Just before 9:30 we put number 125 on ice and headed to the house. The guys had a great time and were a lot of fun on the water.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

THE TROUT BITE IS ON!!! They have shown up and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. The books are filling up fast, don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        United Charters
                        Shell Beach, LA
                        504-439-1680
                        [email protected]
                        www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        fishing charters in
                        Shell Beach, Louisiana
                        504-439-1680
                        United Charters.com

Comment

• Hot action on the Beach. The Trout fishing has been outstanding so far this summer. Most of the action has been deep in the Sound and the big water has been producing boxes crammed with big Trout. Campo’s live shrimp has been the bait of choice fished both 3’ under a cork, or tight lined with light sinkers on Carolina rigs. You just have to try both till you find out how they want it that day at that time. Here are few photos from recent trips. The piles of fish and the big smiles say it all. I still have several open weekdays (always the best days to catch) in July. July is a great month for Trout fishing so call now and get in on this hot summer Trout action.

THE TROUT BITE IS ON AT THE BEACH!!! The fishing is about as good as it gets right now and Campo’s has the live shrimp that the Trout are eating up, along with ice, fuel, and launching. Don’t forget now is the time to also book your fall fishing dates as the best dates will go fast. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          United Charters
                          Shell Beach, LA
                          504-439-1680
                          [email protected]
                          www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          fishing charters in
                          Shell Beach, Louisiana
                          504-439-1680
                          United Charters.com

Comment

• Port Sulpur Report

Friday morning Nolan and I left out of Port Sulphur to fish various areas near Barataria Pass. On the way there we fished Grande Ecaille where action was slow. It wasn’t until we moved to the area where the camps are located that the speckled trout action began. Using live shrimp, dead shrimp and various lures under corks action was consistent but best with live shrimp. We through back at least 25 under sized specks but managed to keep 35. Weather was shot and the water was clean calm.

Good fishin’,
                            Jerrylabella.com/forums
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Great summer at the Beach. I have not been posting many reports, but have been fishing a lot and catching even more. The Trout action has been very good, even with all the west winds we have had to deal with. On days we could get out into the Sound limits of big Trout have been the norm. The Bull Reds have been silly out in the Sound too. On those breezy days we have had to grind it out working protected shorelines on the edge. Here there are plenty of throwbacks to weed through, but tons of action that fill up the box. We still have at least another month or two of this hot action in the outer waters, then comes the fall migration. With that comes some of the best fishing of the year, with lots of fish close in. I have several open dates so call now and get in on the action.

The summer bite is still hot and fall fishing is on its way. Fall fishing is some of the best of the year, so get your dates locked in. Don't miss out on the fun. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou available.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay were caught on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              United Charters
                              Shell Beach, LA
                              504-439-1680
                              [email protected]

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              fishing charters in
                              Shell Beach, Louisiana
                              504-439-1680
                              United Charters.com

Comment

• Labor Day Parish Line Canal (Duncan Canal) Crabbing Ext

Labor I took the grand kids and girlfriend crabbing out of Williams Blvd launch and headed to the Duncan canal where we set out a dozen crab nets. First run of the nets yielded crabs as well as every other run. We used turkey necks and crabbed about halfway to the I-10 of the canal. Tide was rushing in. We caught 5 dozen crabs in 2 hours. We took em all home and boiled em up-- Cajun style.

Good fishin'.
                                jerrylabella.com/forums

Attached Files

Comment

• Overnight Venice Trip Spillway

Friday Glen, Lexus, his daughter, and I left out of Venice Marina to fish one of the spillways off SW Pass under our own lighting system. Fishing was very slow in the evening until we located a spot off the main spillway wing-dam where we encountered some bull size reds and drum- fishing the bottom with jigs tipped with shrimp. Glen caught a bull redfish and Lexus caught a bull black drum which she fought hard to land. That evening we setup the lights to fish the spillway where plenty bait minnows showed up, but no tout. We managed to land a mess of sail catfish next to one flounder. The water appears not cool enough to bring the trout in as of yet, and red fishing was scarce as well as I observed no boats catching fish. Water was clean and the river is low. We had fun despite the slow fishing.

Good fishin’,
                                  Jerryalbella.com/forum

Pictured left to right: Lexus display bull black drum, Glen displays bull redfish
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Point Ala Hache Trout and Redfish Trip

Point Ala Hache Trout and Redfish Trip

Friday Glen and I left out of Beshel Marina in early morning darkness. Plenty boats at the launch as it was the first day where the weather was acceptable. Tide was high and predicted to fall all morning. Fishing started slow at our first spot with under sized redfish. There was a bit more wind as predicted. Second spot started slow with a few specks but after figuring out the bite, by fishing much deeper under the corks with live shrimp, fishing picked up considerably. We set the line under the corks about 5 ft. deep was the trick. We caught 40 specks, 5 redfish, 1 sheepshead and one bass. Rain out of bait and left them biting. The also hit dead shrimp as well.

Good fishin’,

Jerrylabella.com/forums
                                    Jerrylabella.com
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Point A La Hache Trip

Point A La Hache Trip

Thursday Glen and I left out of Beshel’s marina in Point A La Hache under foggy conditions to fish nearby areas of Second Bay and Wreck Bay. We had live and fresh shrimp and various lures to fish under corks. First stop, tout were on fire hitting almost every cast. We had to fish under the corks by at least 5 ft. for them to bite. Water conditions high and good clarity. As fast as they started hitting they stopped. We observed bull redfish slamming mullets, causing them to scatter across the water’s surface. This may have been reason for the trout to leave the spot. We managed to catch 25 nice sized trout, 2 redfish, one black drum, and one bass. The water never seemed to fall from high tide though we did observe the light wind blowing against the tide.

Good fishin’,
                                      Jerrylabella.com/forum
                                      Jerrylabella.com
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Delacroix Speckled Trout Trip

Wednesday Nolan and I left out of Sweetwater Marina Delacroix to fish Oak River. Weather was windy and overcast with scattered showers. Our first stop was our only stop as we proceeded to figure out the method to get the speckled trout biting. The water was very clean. Tight-line casting various lures single and tandem all appeared to work. At times we caught two at a time. They appeared to be on the bottom and slow retrieving with slight twitch. Sometime tipped with shrimp other times not needed. We limited out catching 50 speckled trout, one freshwater catfish and one redfish.

Good fishin’,
                                        Jerrylabella.com
                                        Jerrylabella.co/forums

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2224.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	9867Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2226.JPG
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	9868Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2227.jpg
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	9869Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2230.jpg
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	9870

Comment

• Delacroix Speckled Trout

Tuesday Glen and I left out of Delacroix to fish Oak River. Weather was perfect and plenty boats out. Oak river was not producing as we spent an hour trying to catch speckled trout with only a few caught. We moved into one of the nearby lakes and that’s where the action began. Plenty throw back sized trout but we managed to keep 41 trout though we caught over 100. Action best on chartreuse sparkle beetles and gulp white chartreuse mantis shrimp under corks.

Good fishin’
                                          Jerrylabella.com/forum
                                          Jerrylabella.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2237.jpg
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	9871

Comment

Working...
                                          X