• Show
Clear All

• Trout Bite is On Fire

Click image for larger version

Name:	p14497004889401413.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	9873

Cleve and Mike jumped on the Bluewave this morning with me. We were off at safe light. Our first stop found a real slow bite in 5-6 ft of water, 2 ft under a cork. We had a falling tide all day with water temps 64-65 degrees. With 20 decent fish iced down it was time to move. We hit a few reefs only picking up a few more. With 26 on ice I decided to check a area I haven't fished yet. We hit two points adding another 20 fish, then finished our limit at the mouth of a cut. The tide slowly fell the entire time and a few trout spit up some shrimp. Shrimp creole and C-Sea Shad under a cork and Green Hornet Matrix tight lined caught all of our fish. Thanks guys for another magnificent day. Thanks to Capt RD Dupont for running the second boat putting the guys on a solid bite, they had a great time. Capt Marty LaCoste985-856-4477www.absolutefishingcharters.comfacebook.com/absolutefishingchartersLLChttps://Instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste - See more at: http://www.louisianasportsman.com/lp....h5X7Cjw4.dpuf
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Comment

• Great fall fishing at the Beach. It has been a while since I posted any reports, but that does not mean I have not been fishing or the fish have not been biting. It has been a fantastic fall so far and does not look to stop anytime soon. Most days we have been limiting out on Trout along with a variety of other fish stuffing the ice chest to the top. You name it from Trout to even perch have been the norm. Most everything has been caught fishing Campo’s live shrimp 3’ under a cork in the Four Horse and Twin Pipeline areas. The Matrix Shad has also taken it’s fair share. This action will continue so now is the time to get on the water and fill the freezer. I still have several openings through this month and don’t be afraid of January as the bite will keep going on.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall fishing is about as good as it gets and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
      United Charters
      Shell Beach, LA
      504-439-1680
      rory@unitedcharters.com
      www.unitedcharters.com

Capt. Rory Rorison
      First class speckled trout and redfish
      fishing charters in
      Shell Beach, Louisiana
      504-439-1680
      United Charters.com

Comment

• Windy Day Trout 12-11-15

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	9876

Terry Griffin and crew fished with me today. We departed the Reel Inn at day break to find no bites at our first stop. Our second stop on a point with moving water had fish coming in one after another as soon as we pulled up. Water temps started out around 68 degrees this morning and got up to 70. We had to stick and move a bunch today. Points, reefs, and structure fishing anywhere from 2-5 ft. Winds were up today, so it was important to find protected clean water. Most of our fish today were caught popping the new Matrix Float with a two foot leader. C-Sea Shad and Shrimp Creole with a Crappie Psychic Trout Trailer worked very well. We also caught tight lining the famous Green Hornet Matrix Shad. Thanks again guys for a great day.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985-856-4477
        facebook.com/absolutefishingchartersLLC
        https://Instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste

Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Windy Tough Fishing 12-12

Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	9877

We knew Saturday was going to be windy and tough to fish, my crew were in no matter what. We left the Reel Inn at daybreak and started on a point that was somewhat protected. Nothing but undersized fish so we made a move to another point. Right away the Matrix Corks were going down and keeper fish coming into the Bluewave. Unfortunately the bite was short lived. We started drifting a reef in two foot of water with the wind at our back towards another point. We hit two more schools of fish with tons of 11.5 inch fish and only a few keepers mixed in. Every stop was the same thing, we would pick up 1-4 keepers and the rest would be throw backs. With the wind howling we decided to switch to plan B and drop some shrimp. Not a single fish to be found in three different holes. We tried one more point for trout and my crew threw in the towel. The guys enjoyed catching the fish, despite not being able to keep most of them. All fish caught under a Matrix cork using Shrimp Creole Matrix, C-Sea Shad, and Pink Champagne with a Crappie Psychic Trout Trailer. Tough day but still a fun day. Thanks Capt T Miller for putting the trip together.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
          985 856 4477
          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Delacroix Hard Fishing Trip

Today I left out of Delacroix from Sweetwater Marina to fish solo. Plenty boat lined up to launch under cool and calm weather conditions. Fishing started very slow and remained slow evidenced by the many boats running around trying to find a good trout bite. I observed some boat landing fish earlier in the morning, it appeared those that were catching used live shrimp and popping corks. In the deeper areas like Oak River, I didn’t observe anyone catching trout. I fished various locations deep and shallow and tight line and with corks using sparkle beetles and cacahoe minnow lures. I managed after fishing hard to limit out on specks and caught one black drum. Fishing is on and off with the swing in weather temperatures but will get progressively better with colder weather. There must have been over 150 boat trailers in the parking lot when I arrived back to the launch.

Good fishin’,
            Jerrylabella.com/forums
            Jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_2272.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	9879
            Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
            http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
            http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Inolect Day One 12-15

Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	9880

Day one with my Inolect crew out of the Reel Inn Dularge. Guys came in from Canada and New Jersey. We departed the lodge at safe light and was fishing upon sunrise. We fished birds first then started fishing reefs in 2-3 ft of water. Stick and moved most of the day catching fish tight lined and 2 ft under a cork on Matrix Shad lures and corks. Grant Meadows from Canada hooked up with a nice 28 inch redfish which actually made his trip. We switched gears to soaking shrimp as I wanted the guys to experience the pull of some bottom fish. After adding more fish to the K2 Cooler, it was time to head into clean fish.

Capt Marty LaCoste
              985-856-4477
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Inolect Day 2

Day 2 with Inolect had us starting in the marsh. Plenty short strikes and misses with only a few keepers. Our next few stops we had the same results. A few fish at every stop with no concentration of fish anywhere we tried. We caught most of our fish on a point with a good current line coming around it. Tight lined and under Matrix Corks both produced but tight lining the Green Hornet over the reefs and points produced more fish for us. A great two days were had as the crew from Canada and New Jersey had a incredible time.

Attached Files
                Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Last Trout of 2015

Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	9883

We finished off 2015 catching trout in 25 mph winds. Chuck Bourque and crew were back with me to finish off the year, and have some fresh fish to fry. Our first stop found a nice steady bite. Green Hornet Matrix Shad tight lined slow on the bottom worked best as we only caught a few fish under a cork. Once our bite slowed we moved around checking a few other areas. We picked away at fish at every stop, but never got on a good run of fish. At 11:30 we headed in and Chuck needed to get home to start the New Years Eve preparations! Thanks again for another great trip.

Happy New Years everyone!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985 856 4477
                  captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Cranking off 2016

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	9885

Byron Lewis and crew was back onboard the Bluewave today. Our initial game plan was to catch trout, the trout had another plan! Only one red gave itself up at our first stop. After a short move, we found 3 bass and 3 reds. We kept moving and found a good concentration of reds and Bay Snapper! The reds hit Green Hornet and Lemon Head Matrix tight lined and fresh shrimp on the bottom. We loaded up the K2 before the tide quit moving, then went check a few other locations. Only one trout decided to bite on a C-Sea Shad under a cork. We called it quits before the rain started around 1:30 and headed in to clean fish. Good time with these guys with a bunch of laughs!! Thanks guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                    985 856 4477
                    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Fun Time Filling the K2

Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	9886

Repeat customers Richard Miller and Kristy Nichols were back with me today. We were looking for trout at day break, only to find a hand full. Water temps were below 51 and the trout bite was real sluggish. After being patient for two hours with not much to show, it was time to make a move. We hit a few points before we hit the mother load on shrimp on the bottom. My crew were hooked up just about every cast and ended up with sore arms. The Bay snapper saved the day with a couple reds mixed in. We filled the K2 up to the top, and headed in to clean fish and warm up!! A great time was had and my crew went home with a couple gallon bags full of fillets! Thanks guys for the repeat business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                      985 856 4477
                      captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Catch What's Biting!!

Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	9887

Steve Sessums and crew were back with me today. We were hoping the trout would turn back on, but they didn't. Water temps were between 48-50 degrees most of the day. We found 53 degree temps later in the day, but only had four trout decide to bite. We fished the area hard, but the trout refused to bite. Sheephead are stacked up like crazy right now and saved the day again. The guys had a blast catching them just about every cast, as they put up a great fight. Fresh bait shrimp on the bottom, and we filled the box up to the top and left them biting. The Ridgid sawzaw makes cleaning easy!! Thanks again guys for the repeat business.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                        985-856-4477
                        Capt. Marty LaCoste
                        985 856 4477
                        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Winter Trout Bite 1-10-16

Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	9888

Slower time of the year right now, but the trout bite has been incredible. I've been working on remodeling a house I bought, but needed a break. I jumped on board with good friends Capt Elton and Robin Richerson this morning. We got on a good bite at our first stop. We caught a few under a cork, but the Green Hornet Matrix Shad slowly tight lined worked great. We made a move and picked away at some more fish, then returned to where we started. We called it quits before noon with a solid catch in order to get home early!! Thanks guys for a great day of catching.

Still booking winter trips, call now to confirm your dates!!

Capt Marty LaCoste
                          985-856-4477
                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Delacroix Cold Trout Trip

Delacroix Cold Trout Trip

Peter and I left out of Sweetwater marina to fish Oak River. On the way out, we didn’t see many boats. When we got to Oak River the area was saturated with river water. No fish were caught in the areas as we tried various spots. We moved to another area looking for clean water and found some but still only caught a few trout there. After wasting time in that area we head toward the launch. As we crossed Little Lake we saw several boats fishing and catching some fish. We drifted and casting corks with beetles and minnow lures we got into a good bite. Many throw back however, but steady action. We fished hard the day was getting late. We left the trout biting and managed to keep 20 trout. Had we started out there first we would have limited out.

Good fishin’,
                            Jerrylabella.com/forums
                            Jerrylabela.com

Name:	IMG_2390.JPG
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	9890

Comment

• Dularge Trout Limits

Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	9891

Perfect conditions today, as it just could not have been any better. We found the trout stacked up and hungry at our first stop of the morning. 60 fish took a Ice bath before the bite slowed down. All it took was one short move and we were back on them everycast. Green Hornet Matrix Shad slow rolled in 5-8 ft depths did the trick. The fish could not resist them. We left the fish biting before 10am and came in to clean fish. Thanks guys for a magnificent morning of catching.

Give me a call to get in on the incredible winter bite!!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                              985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                              985 856 4477
                              captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Insane Trout Bite 1-15

Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	9892

Big group of InoLECT customers came in to the Reel Inn last night. Chef Shawn P did his thing and everyone ate till their fill. Great atmosphere with great company. We departed the lodge this morning around day break. Our first stop didn't produce a single bite. We made a move and found the trout stacked like sardines!! It was fish on every single cast. Green Hornet and Magneto Matrix Shad tight lined on a 1/4 jig head in 2-4 ft depths crushed the fish. Not a single fish under a cork today. The bite has been incredible going on 5 days now. We caught our limit in short order and left them biting. We made one more stop soaking shrimp on the bottom catching Sheep head, puppy drum, flounder and a big ole lost fresh water catfish!! The guys had a blast and so did I.

Big thanks to Capt Travis Miller for running the second boat. They also easily limited out.

Give me a call if you'd like to get in on the action.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985 856 4477
                                captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Catching Continues in Dularge

Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	9893

Day two with InoLECT crew was another trout slam. Good action early as we had 60 trout iced down in the K2 before the bite slowed and tide changed. We had to be patient, and once the tide switched the trout started biting again. Magneto MatrixShad on 1/4 oz jig heads tight lined slowly in 2-4 ft depths did the trick again. The guys enjoyed catching their limits two days in a row, and are going home loaded down with fillets.

Big thanks to Lonnie Barr, Chef Shawn P LLC, Capt T Miller. Another successful trip in the books.

Give me a call to get in on the incredible action.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                  985 856 4477
                                  captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Bent Poles and Plenty Laughs 1-17-16

Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	9894

Bubba Meyers and crew fished with me today. The front that passed through overnight with 40+ mph winds didn't help much. The winds were howling at 25 mph when we left the dock and the water dirtied up a bit. We searched for trout all morning only to find one 20.5 inch trout. Plan B was put into affect when we knew the trout would not bite. Shrimp came out on 1/4 oz jig heads on bottom, and the box began to fill. Sheep head and pup drum one after another. Plenty laughs and bent rods for everyone. Midday we decided to check one other location for trout, but not a bite to be had. We hit one more hole and found a Bay Snapper Bonanza!!! The heads were coming in every single cast. When we ran out of shrimp, we couldn't close the lid shut. Good times with these guys and they went home with plenty fillets.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985 856 4477
                                    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Kids and Catching 1-18-16

Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	9896

Dr Deep Chada joined me again today bringing his niece and nephew. We left the lodge at daybreak looking for trout. Our first stop had some under sized reds and one keeper breaking the ice. We moved around finding a few trout willing to bite our Magneto and Tiger Matrix Shad tight lined. With the bite being slow we turned to plan B and soaked shrimp. The kids loved reeling in sheep head and pup drum one after another. We loaded the box then made one last drift picking up a few more trout. Good sign that the trout will hopefully turn back on tomorrow. Calmer winds, cleaner water and the trout showed signs that they wanted to bite today. Great time today with these guys and it was wonderful watching the kids have so much fun catching fish. Thanks again guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Before the Wind Blew Delacroix Trout Fishing Trip

Under calm and light winds and before daybreak the two of us left out of Sweetwater marina to fish off the Pencil canal. We investigated Oak River where the water was a bit cleaner than last trip but still plenty freshwater, yielding no fish. We quickly moved back up the Pencil Canal to fish a nearby lake where water was clear but yielded little action considering we had live shrimp this time and fresh bait. I decided to do a drift to locate the fish and soon after ran into plenty action. Live bait and fresh bait was the choice under corks as we caught trout after trout with plenty throwbacks in the mix along with fat sheepsheads. Action was continuous but the winds started and the water got choppy, putting a damper on the action after several hours of action. We must have caught over 100 fish yielding the following keepers: 6 big sheepsheads, and 34 speckled trout.

Good fishin’,
                                        Jerrylabella.com
                                        Jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	IMG_2403.jpg
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	9898

Comment

• Trout Bite on a Roll Down in Dularge 1-19-16

Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	9899

We departed the lodge today at daybreak. Conditions were looking favorable for a trout slam as I had predicted yesterday. Water temps were 54 degrees on arrival as I deployed the Motorguide Xi5. Once we were in position the Powerpole was deployed and the Magneto and Ultra Violet Matrix Shad on 1/4 oz jig heads went to work. First cast produced a nice 17 inch trout, i knew right away it was going to be a good day! We drifted the area hitting schools of fish catching 5-10 at a time on average. Once the bite slowed it was time to make a little move. Once again, as soon as we were in position it was solid trout one after another. The fish at our second stop were hitting the Matrix way more aggressive than our first stop. Another move after this and we found a very subtle bite. We had to let the baits just sit in the current until the fish hit them. A couple reds and flounder also made their way into the K2 Cooler. What a incredible day of "catching" with a great crew. Thanks again guys, it was a pleasure fishing with you.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985-856-4477
                                          https://instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X