• Show
Clear All

• Easy Limits of Trout 1-20-16

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	9900

Robert Utrera and crew met me at the Lodge and we departed for daybreak. We found a slow bite at our first stop, just picking away the the fish. A quick move and we were slamming the trout like it was their last meal!! (and it was). Magneto and Ultra Violet Matrix Shad slow rolled on a 1/4 oz jig head in 2-6 ft of water did the trick. The hungry trout could not resist them, and were feeding aggressively. We only caught a few fish under a cork, as all our fish over the last few weeks have been caught tight lining with a extreme slow retrieve. Falling or incoming tides have not made a big difference, as long as the tide is moving the fish have been biting. Most of the trout the past few days have averaged 14-18 inches with minimal throwbacks. We iced down our limit and headed to the dock to clean fish. Thanks Robert for the continued business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    facebook.com/absolutefishingchartersLLC
    https://Instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Meat Haul 1-29-16

Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	9901

Turner Industries were back with us today. We had a cold boat ride out this morning and found water temps at 50.5 on arrival. Water quality was fishable, as it appears it's cleaning up. We tried for trout first, then switched to plan B. Heads and numerous undersized pup drum hit the deck of the Bluewave non stop. We made a move to scout a new area only finding one redfish. Came back after the water temps came up over 54 to drift for trout with no luck. One more stop had the guys poles bent again reeling in the heads one after another. We ended up with a full cooler of meat. It's always good to have a plan B when the trout do not cooperate! Thanks guys for the repeat business.

Big thanks to Capt Travis for running the second boat.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
      985 856 4477
      captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mixed Box 1-30-16

Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	9902

Vesco Rentals crew were back onboard today. The trout responded early today with the cleaner water. Not much tide movement, but the trout were much more active today than yesterday with the warmer water temps. We picked away at them and missed more than we caught. When things slowed down, plan B went into affect. Heads and puppy drum quickly Filled the K2, using bait shrimp on the bottom. We made one more drift for trout adding several more before we called it quits. Ultra violet and magneto Matrix Shad tight lined caught all of our trout. Thanks Scott for the continued business, always a pleasure fishing with you guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Catching Down in Dularge 1-31

Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	9904

A pleasure having Big Will Russ and crew onboard the Bluewave again. We found the trout more active this morning and hitting our Ultra Violet Matrix Shad hard. They were not stacked up, as we had to drift to catch them. The bite was steady and most fish averaged 16-17 inches. The water clarity was actually a bit more stained from Saturday, but the trout bite was much better. When the tide quit Falling the fish quit biting. We made a move and broke out the bait shrimp. The sheepshead were stacked thick and the kids had the time of their life reeling them in one after another. The guys stuffed the K2 to the top and had a blast. Thanks Will for the continued business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
          985 856 4477
          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Hook & Arrow Down Dularge

Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	9907

Paul Diaz bow fished with me in the Gator Tail last night and fished in the Bluewave with me this morning. We found crystal clear water everywhere we went last night, but the Reds were hiding. Out of all the water we covered, we only saw about 30 reds and multiple gar fish.

The trout cooperated this morning and bit our Ultraviolet Matrix Shad all morning. A slow steady retrieve in 3-5 ft depths did the trick as the trout ate them up. Thank goodness for the Motorguide Xi5 as it holds you right on spot, without moving the boat all around! Multiple reds decided to take a Ice bath also in the K2. When the bite slowed, we dropped bait shrimp down on 1/4 oz jig heads and had the convicts coming in every cast!! We set the limit at 20 today, once we had our limit we left them biting every cast!! We then headed to the dock to clean fish. What a incredible day "catching"!! My crew and I had a great time making some memories that will last a lifetime. Paul caught the biggest red fish of his life, pretty neat!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
            985 856 4477
            captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Great Day Catching Trout

Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	9908

David Taylor and his wife joined me on the Bluewave today for a exciting day of "catching". Third cast of the morning started it off, then the bite progressed from there!! Ultra Violet and Limbo Slice Matrix Shad on a 1/4 oz jig head tight lined slowly did the trick. Not a fast and furious bite but nice and steady. When our bite slowed down we made a short move and dropped bait shrimp down. The convicts were thick again eating up the shrimp. It didn't take long to put 20 in the K2 to top it off and call is a day. Thanks again guys for a great time today.

Call now to get your trip on the books!

Capt Marty LaCoste
              985-856-4477
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mixed box on a Windy day 2-8-16

Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	9909
                Alvin Harper from St Louis and his good friend joined me on the Bluewave. Our first stop after dropping the power pole in 4 ft of water had the trout coming in. Limbo Slice Matrix Shad on a 1/4 oz jig head was working good until the wind picked up and dirtied the water up. We made a few moves only picking away at the trout. Plan B went into motion and the shrimp hit the bottom. The guys caught heads, drum, fresh water catfish and one redfish. Once the winds got unbearable my crew threw in the towel. It was a good day despite the horrible conditions.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Insane Redfish Action 2-10-16

ID:	9910

Joshua & Mike Gillen and crew were back onboard with me today. We started out looking for trout with no luck as the water temps were 48-50 degrees. We made a move to drop shrimp for convicts and were greeted with a nice treat!!! Two people threw out a Matrix Shad and both hooked up instantly!! There was no need for the shrimp as the reds crushed our Limbo Slice and Ultraviolet Matrix Shad. The redfish were stacked like sardines! It was complete insane madness as we boated our 25 reds in less than 20 minutes. After we caught and released numerous other reds we made another move. It took a few more stops before we found the convicts wanting to bite. We added 20 and probably caught another 10 reds, before heading to the dock to clean fish. Always a pleasure fishing with these guys and looking forward to our next trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985 856 4477
                  captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Mixed Box 2-12

ID:	9911

Davian Bayham and crew were back onboard the Bluewave with me again today. We started out looking for trout, our second stop found a couple solid fish pretty quick. Water temps were right for the trout to bite, but the water was stained. We had high hopes of getting on a decent bite, but it didn't happen. Plan B was put into place and several rat reds and some convicts hit the deck. A couple stops later and we had a double hook up on reds before the Powerpole was deployed. Red after red but only one was a keeper. We added more convicts, then kept on the search. We found one hole that the convicts ate up good. We decided to double back to look for trout but only found another red, flounder, drum and more convicts. A good meat haul for the guys and lots of fun. Thanks again guys and looking forward to doing it again.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                    985-856-4477
                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                    985 856 4477
                    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Worse Trip Yet

Yesterday Glen and I left out of Delacroix to fish Point Fenne . The water in the whole area was fresh river water from the high Mississippi river stage. We left that area and decided to go toward Hopedale. The water was extreme low with boats along the canal sitting high and dry. We headed to Four Horse Lake where the water was not as dirty but still fresh. Next we went to Lake John on the pipeline. No fish caught at all and the winds started blowing. In fear of not being able to get back to the launch due to low water, we headed in fishless. This area is not going to be productive until the water level rises and the freshwater moves out.

Good fishin’,
                      Jerrylabella.com/forums
                      Jerrylabella.com
                      Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
                      http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
                      http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Another Windy Day Meat haul. 2-14-16

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	9914

John Doucet and crew joined me again today on the Bluewave. We got a very late start due to a bad switch on the lift. That wasn't going to stop my crew from "catching". In no time after the Powerpole was deployed we had two reds and two trout in the boat on Limbo Slice and Tiger Matrix Shad. Then it began!!! We threw out a shrimp and as soon as it hit the bottom....bam!! The convicts were out in full force eating every shrimp that hit the bottom. We had them in a frenzy with quadruple hook ups coming over the gunnels "every cast"! The box filled up quickly and everyone was loving reeling them in. Once the box was stuffed we decided to go look for more reds. First cast and a keeper red came in. A few misses, then a drum, and a few more convicts hit the deck. Plenty undersized reds in the marsh right now too as we threw back multiple undersized rat reds. Two more stops adding more convicts then we called it quits to head in and clean fish. Thank goodness for the Ridgid saw as it makes cleaning a breeze!! Thanks John for the continued business, another great trip to add to the books.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                        985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                        985 856 4477
                        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Trout Starting To Bite 2-16

ID:	9915

The guys with INOLECT were back onboard with me today. After a enjoyable night at the Reel Inn, we departed after daybreak due to the fog. Our first stop found perfect conditions with a falling tide, but not a single fish. Our second stop found a few trout willing to bite our Limbo Slice and Tiger Matrix Shad. The fish were few and far between so we switched to plan B. We headed to a hole and dropped shrimp over a junk pile. The heads and Reds were there, they just were super finicky. Most every red we caught was 14-15 inches. We added a few heads then moved on. We switched to some reefs and had the shrimp under the corks. Only one nice puppy drum to be had. Another hole had the convicts picking away at our shrimp and only adding a few that messed up!! Enough of messing with the convicts. I decided to go and check a area I haven't fished in quite some time, and it payed off. The water was cleaning up with the incoming tide and the trout started to respond. We got on a decent run of nice specks on Matrix Shad before calling it a day to clean fish (a slow steady retrieve worked best). The customers were from out of state, it was their first time fishing in Louisiana and I'm pretty sure it won't be their last!!! Thanks guys for the continued business.

Calm winds the next few days. Give me a call as the trout are showing signs of turning back on!!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Patience and Persistence Pays Off

ID:	9916

I helped out Capt RD today with a bachelor party, we departed from the Reel Inn at day break. My crew of three were looking for trout, and trout is what we caught!! Patience and persistence was the name of the game today. Winds started out dead calm but picked up all day, and blew pretty good. We fished reefs in 2-3 ft of water and kept grinding and grinding, it paid off at the end of the day. Limbo Slice and Tiger Matrix slowly tightlined did all the damage. The guys had a great time despite the tough conditions, but never gave up. Thanks guys and Capt RD for setting up today's trip.

If you want to catch trout, or fill the box with fish....give me a call!! Dates booking up fast.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                            985-856-4477
                            Capt. Marty LaCoste
                            985 856 4477
                            captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Catch and Release Success 2-21

Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	9917

Terry Haupt and his wife joined me today. These guys are in town from Wyoming and wanted to catch some fish. This was a catch and release trip as they could not take any fish home with them. We started the day off catching trout at every place we stopped. We switched gears to redfish, then dropped shrimp, then went back to trout. Most of our trout were caught tight-lining Limbo Slice Matrix and and a few were caught under a cork on Shrimp Creole Matrix. My crew had a marvelous time and made some memory's they will never forget. Looking forward to their return, thanks again.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                              985 856 4477
                              captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Sunday Speckled Trout

Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	9920

Mitch Brien and family joined me on Sunday. We had no clue what we were in for when we left the dock. Our first two stops found crystal clear water, but not a bite. Third stop we got on a nice run. We boated about 20 specks keeping 12. Our next stop found us on a better bite boating around 24 fish and keeping 20. I thought this bite was going to keep going, but they just shut down completely. We moved around and found some birds flying and got on another decent run of about 20 fish keeping 13. Stick and move was the name of the game. We picked away at a few more and had a nice red hit a Tiger Matrix as a nice bonus. We finished the day with 50 trout and 1 red. Not a bad day after all the horrible weather that just passed the last week. All colors of Matrix Shad worked, as the fish never favored one specific color. The Crappie Psychic Trout Trailers gave us a lil advantage too! Most fish were caught tight lined, and a few under a cork. Could not have asked for a better day with a wonderful crew, thanks again.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985 856 4477
                                captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Stormy Specks 3-18-16

Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	9921

Jared Harden, Drew Carlin and crew fished with us Friday. The guys enjoyed their night at the lodge and we departed at day break. Jared and his 7 yr old son Porter fished with me. After hitting a few flocks of birds and boating a few fish a shower came over us. We decided to soak some crabs so Porter could catch a big fish. A storm was closing in on us and Porter was getting cold, so we headed in to the dock. Thank goodness too as the sky fell bad!! After all the boats made it in safe, we cleaned fish and then went eat some hot gumbo. After several hours the weather cleared up, so we loaded up two boats and headed back out. We hit the motherload of fish and everyone on the boat was swinging in doubles and singles. Man it was fun!!! Matrix Shad in Ultraviolet, Limbo Slice, and Shrimp Creole worked their magic as always.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, T Luv, J Ellender, and E Rodrigue for running the other boats. All the customers had a great time.

Big thanks to Chef Rickie Daigle also for the incredible dinner!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                  985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                  985 856 4477
                                  captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Specks and Bulls 3-19

Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	9922

Day 2 with Jared and Porter Harden on the Bluewave. We knew we had a good four hour window before the rain came so we took advantage of it. We found a nice school of trout over a reef in 3 ft of water. We had the fish coming in almost every-cast for a good 20 minutes before they moved on. 7 yr old Porter is a fish catching machine, he was on fire!! Matrix Shad single or double rigged caught them all. After a few flocks of birds, we ran to some deeper water to soak crabs. We wanted to get 7 yr old Porter on a big fish. Well it didn't take long and the drag was screaming. So exciting to see that big smile on the lil ones faces as they fight a fish. We managed to hook, boat, and release five big bull drum before the bad weather got to us. Porter loved fighting the Bulls, great memories made!!! Thanks guy for two great days "catching" despite the weather conditions we were dealt with. I look forward till next time!!

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, J Ellender, and A Lacour for running the other three boats putting their crews on fish.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985 856 4477
                                    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Tough Monday

Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	9923

I had a crew from out of state Monday afternoon that had never been to South Louisiana nor fished much before. We were greeted with slick calm seas and no wind to speak of. We ran around looking for birds then fished a couple reefs with no luck. Went to plan B soaking crabs for Bulls. We had a couple hook ups and misses then moved on. Fished the mouth of a bayou and found a couple trout under a cork with shrimp creole Matrix and the Crappie Psychic trout trailers. Several more stops on reefs and points with no luck, then we took it to the dock right before dark. The front and big drop in water temp messed the bite up Monday. The guys enjoyed seeing alligators, porpoise and all the different variety of birds. Thanks to the guys at QPS for putting the trip together and the great hospitality Monday night.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• tueaday Trout

Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	9924
                                        Tuesday I had some of my repeat customers back out with me. The water cleaned up a bit and the pressure was down a little. Birds were diving but it was a slow bite. We picked away then went check some other areas. We found some beautiful water and started slinging some fish in the boat. When this bite faded we went looking for more birds and it didn't take long! The trout were feeding better and we weeded through some small fish and added some more to the box. Double rigged Matrix Shad with the Crappie Trout Trailers accounted for all of our fish. Didn't set any records but the guys put a lil mess together and threw back plenty more. Thanks again guys for the continued business and looking forward to our May and June trips.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                                        985-856-4477
                                        Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                        985 856 4477
                                        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Great day catching

Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	9925More new customers with me today and did they get a treat!! We made our way into the lake and was greeted with calmer than forecasted winds and seas. The birds were working shrimp all over. Our second flock of birds moved away, we all hooked up and the Power Pole was deployed. We sat in one spot for two straight hours catching every cast, we never moved!!! We must have caught 250 plus trout. Tons of small 11.5 inch fish but the non stop catching had my crew with big smiles on their faces. We ended up with 55 keepers for the day. Double rigged Matrix Shad gets it done every day down in Dularge. The pressure was down a lil more today and the water temp slowly coming back up. Looks like another front coming tomorrow, which may shut things down for another day or two (hopefully not). Thanks guys for the great company and "catching".

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X