• Show
Clear All

• Lawg Trout

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	9961

Derrick Glover and crew joined me today. We got on a hot bite at daybreak, as the shrimp and trout were busting the surface all around the boat. Double rigged Matrix Shad was doing its thing as always. Our bite went dead with 51 fish on ice around 8 am. We went pick up a few live shrimp when our fish shut down, and the LAWGS started to hit the box. We added another 30 trout, some puppy drum, bay snapper and a red. The 120 qt K2 was stuffed and we couldn't close the lid!! What a awesome day. Biggest trout of the year so far as we had trout up to 22 inches. Thanks guys for such a great day and catch.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    [email protected]

Comment

• Trout and reds on a Windy day

Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	9962
      I had five boats out today with a big crew from Texas. Weather changed up on us big time and we had to adapt. We all loaded up with live shrimp this morning as insurance and headed to protected areas. The water was clean and green but the bite was slow. We got on a couple good runs on double rigged Matrix Shad, then the bite went dead. Not a single bite on live shrimp. We stuck out trout fishing as long as we could, then headed North to the ponds. We stuck a couple nice reds and a pup drum on Purple Haze Vortex Shad, then called it a day. Tough day compared to the last few weeks, but we did our best to put the customers on fish. Everyone had a good time, thanks guys.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, R Dupont, TLUV Lovell, and K Labat for running the other boats for me. Top notch guides that always work hard to put our customers on fish. Thank you guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
      985 856 4477
      [email protected]

Comment

• Big Bulls and Big Smiles

Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	9963

Day 2 with my five boat charter from Lufkin Texas. The weather was unpredictable this morning, and I thought we would have to cancel. I met up with the crew at the lodge at 7am, and everyone wanted to fish. We discussed the plan while looking at the radar and came up with a game plan. Bull reds with cracked crab was the plan. We departed at 8am and arrived on location shortly after. The crabs went out on Carolina rigs and the action began!! The big Bulls up to 30 pounds came out to eat, and the guys could not have asked for more fun!! Bent rods and all the action they could ask for. Numerous bull reds and bull drum gave the guys all the drag pulling they could ask for. I've never seen a crew before so happy and excited to battle the Bulls!! When I asked them if they wanted to hit the shallows and Catch on plastic, they said "no we want to stay here and battle the Bulls"!! What a incredible feeling it was to see how excited they were and listen to the excitement in their voices. Despite the unfavorable conditions, all of the boats loaded the boats with fish....and all had extremely happy customers. Thanks to everyone who made the trip such success. Looking forward to your return guys, thanks again.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, R Dupont, TLuv Lovell, and K Labat. These guys worked hard in adverse conditions and made all the customers happy. It's great to work with the best Capt's on Bayou Dularge. Great job guys!!!

985-856-4477
        Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        [email protected]

Comment

• Port Sulphur Tough Trout Trip

Rough trip today in Port Sulphur.. Water was dirty, winds were higher than predicted and Peter and I ran all over the place looking for trout . The fish didn't start biting to afternoon. We saw a good many boats and none of them were catching a thing. We managed to catch 17 trout and threw back undersize fish at least equal to what we kept.

jerrylabella.com
          jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	trout1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	9966
          Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
          http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
          http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Port Sulphur Trout Trip

Today Nolan and I left out of Port Sulphur to fish speckled trout. Weather was perfect in every way including the clarity of the water. Action started at the first stop and every other place thereafter. We used live shrimp and various lures, all produced fish. Many throw back, but we still managed to limit out on 50 trout.

Good fishin’,
            Jerrylabella.com
            Jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	9967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2846.JPG
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	9969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2849.JPG
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	9970
            Attached Files

Comment

• Battling the Bulls 6-3

Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	9975

Lonnie Barr with Inolect has his family down at the Reel Inn this weekend for their annual fishing trip. Today was day 1, and we stuck to the inside fishing cracked crab. Bull reds and drum was on the agenda and my crew got their fill. Jeff had the big boy of the day reeling in a 33 pound bull red. Multiple hooks ups kept us busy. Thanks Lonnie for making it happen.

Big thanks to Capt T Miller and C Venable for running the other two boats and Chef Shawn P for cooking up the great food.

Capt Marty LaCoste
              985-856-4477
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              [email protected]

Comment

• Bronze Back Bulls 6-4

Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	9976

After a great afternoon yesterday hanging out and eating Chef Shawn P LLC's incredible dinner, we needed our rest!! Day 2 today with our Texas crew had us back battling the Bulls. It didn't take long for the first line to take off. The Duce Utility Stick quickly went to work fighting a 25 pound red. All reds today, as we didn't hook any drum. My crew had a blast battling the big brutes, what a fight they put up!! Good times with great people. Thanks Lonnie Barr for putting everything together.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller and C Venable for running the other two boats. Everyone had a magnificent time.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985-856-4477
                facebook.com/absolutefishingchartersLLC
                https://Instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                [email protected]

Comment

• #TroutExplosion 6-7

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	9977
                  Wesley Carambat and family joined me today on the Bluewave. Winds were forecasted to be suitable for trout fishing, so we made our way South. Seas were a bit choppy and the water did not look that great, I was a bit concerned at first! Once we stopped and put the Motorguide Xi5 to work, I was more at ease. In no time we had solid trout coming over the gunnels two at a time on Matrix Shad. Everyone in the boat was hooked up as it was fast and furious action. When the smoke cleared we had 81 fish taking a ice bath. We made a lil move to another location and hit the motherload again!! It was two at a time just about every cast, good as it gets. We finished off the limit quick and headed in to clean fish. What a great time fishing with this family, thanks again.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985-856-4477

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985 856 4477
                  [email protected]

Comment

• Port Sulphur Trout Explosion

Thursday I left out of Port Sulphur solo under perfect conditions. Light winds, incoming tide, and overcast sky. Ever stop yielded speckled trout using live shrimp and lures under corks. Many throw backs but limited out on 25 trout by 9:30 am. I continued to fish, catching and releasing. One redfish and one sand sea trout were among the catch.

Good fishin’,
                    Jerrylabella.com
                    Jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	IMG_2885.jpg
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	9978

Comment

• Spanked them Du LAWGS. No live bait needed 6-13

Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	9981
                      My good friend from Texas Claude Sims, his son Carson Sims, and friends joined us today for a Dularge trout slam! Not sure if you could ask for a better day?? Our first stop was a special treat, as we put about 35 LAWGS in the Bluewave all on Top-Water plugs. Only 2-4 fish came on double rigs.....if you can believe that!!!! LOL. Once the bite slowed down, we made a short move and found some more LAWGS!!!! We broke out the double rigged Matrix Shad here and commenced to a beating!! All the fish were 17 inches plus, with the big girl going 23 1/4 inches at 4.40 pounds. The guys had a ball reeling in these beautiful fish. No need to waste your hard earned money on live bait, as no live bait is needed Down in Dularge right now. Thanks Claude, memories made today that will last a lifetime!!

Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                      985-856-4477
                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                      985 856 4477
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Port Sulphur Trout Trip with Captain Jack

This morning Captain Jack, his father and I left out of Port Sulphur under calm winds and clear skies. Only problem was the water was not that clean and the tide was high. First stop yielded a few small throw back trout. Thereafter the trip slowed catching very few keepers. It wasn’t until the last spot we tried coming in that a small mess of trout were boated. We fished live shrimp and various lures under corks. This trip Captain Jack was making his début, at least aboard my boat and as far as I could tell he was in his glory as seen by the picture of him holding 2 of the fish.

Good fishin’,
                        Jerrylabella.com
                        Jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	jack.jpg
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	9984
                        Captain Jack displays a flounder and trout

Name:	box.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	9985
                        A nice mess of fish for a slow and hot day on the water

Comment

• Port Suphur Calm Weather Fishing Explosion

This morning Glen and I left out of Port Sulphur under very clam weather with slight overcast skies. Conditions were perfect for fishing, though the tides have been running on the high side for the past several trips. First stop, trout action was on. We used live shrimp and lures under corks, though they were obliging on the lures just as much. We fished the oyster reefs in Lake Washington and from there we moved out to open waters toward Barataria. Fishing slowed to a halt after 2 hours of fishing. Action began again as we headed toward a pass entering the Freeport Sulphur Canal where bait was swarming the area on a falling tide. All and all we had a nice box of speckled trout and one bull redfish Glen caught.

Name:	IMG_2999.JPG
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	9988

Name:	IMG_3003.JPG
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	9989

Comment

• Dularge Tues/Wed reports

Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	9992
                            Ben Ratcliff and family were back onboard with me Tuesday. We knew with the high winds it was going to be tough. Trout was our target again, so we headed South. We loaded up on live shrimp again as a back up. We found fishable water, but more murky than the previous day. The fish for the most part had lock jaw. We made multiple moves only catching a few fish. By 10 we decided to head North and hit points to try and catch whatever would bite. Lil 11 yr old Lee ended up catching his first redfish and trout which made the day. Thanks to my crew for not giving up!!

Wednesday Beau Boudreaux and his dad were back with me for a afternoon trip. Our bite started off slow, but once the tide switched it was like a switch was turned on!! Bass and reds started biting like crazy. Green Hornet Matrix Shad put a hurt on them. We had a blast reeling in all the fish, as it was fast and furious! The Reds were stacked thick, and we had to leave them biting! Thanks again guys we are 2 for 2 now!!

Capt Marty LaCoste
                            985-856-4477
                            Capt. Marty LaCoste
                            985 856 4477
                            [email protected]

Comment

• Good as it gets in Dularge 7-15

Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	9993
                              Gaiennie Lumber crew were back with us again today. They experienced yet another trout slam. Our first couple stops found a slow bite, but our third and final stop found the motherload of Big specks! We had 18-20 inch specks coming in two at a time on double rigged Matrix Shad (no live bait needed again today). The fish were hungry and in a frenzy and everyone had bent rods!! The fish just wanted the baits drifting slowly in the current and they would smash them. We slimed and bloodied the Bluewave up quickly. Good as it gets today, and my crew all had big smiles!! Thanks Scotty Muller for the continued business.

Big thanks to Capt T Miller and Capt C Venable for running the other two boats. All crews had a magnificent time.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                              985-856-4477
                              Capt. Marty LaCoste
                              985 856 4477
                              [email protected]

Comment

• Lawg Fest Down Dularge 7-17

Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	9994

Andrew Messenger with HOSS Fillet Knifes and his crew joined me today. Again, trout was our target! We found almost a slick calm Gulf this morning and the Bluewave rolled South with ease. Once the Motorguide Xi5 was deployed, our double rigged Matrix Shad went to work!! The big trout 18-20 inches were waiting for us and responded to crushing our lures like there was no tomorrow. We got on a good run and everyone on the boat was slinging the big trout into the boat 1-2 at a time. Storms were all around us, and we dodged some and sat some out. We had to leave trout biting to dodge a storm, then went back and got back on them. One more move and run, then we headed North to the dock. The day could not have gone much better, as my crew experienced catching some of the biggest trout of their lives. Thanks again guys for such a memorable trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985-856-4477
                                Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985 856 4477
                                [email protected]

Comment

• Parish line Canal @ Lake Pontchartrain Crab Bonanza

Been catching crabs consistently with 4 crab traps and nets at times. They aren’t full of meat but there’s meat in them if you boil them right and store them properly. I made a special Italian cracked crab salad with the latest batch caught this morning with only 4 traps baited with turkey necks or fish parts set over night

Name:	IMG_2983.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	9998

Name:	IMG_3086.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	9997

Comment

• Monday Trout Slam

Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	10000

Jerry Brunson and crew were back with me this morning. After a great night at the lodge, we woke up to rain all across the radar. We pushed back our depart time and went back to bed for a while! With storms all down South, trout fishing looked like it was out the question. We ran to the pass and started soaking crabs. Had a couple hook ups and landed a nice red. I kept looking at the radar, and I saw a chance to take. South bound the big Bluewave went!! Our first stop was a bust, not a bite. Made a move to a location I've never fished before and hooked a double on my first cast! Game on and fish on just about every cast! The big 17-21 inch trout were crushing our double rigged Matrix Shad and Crappie Trout Trailers. A few also hit the Mega trailers. They were in a frenzy and everyone in the boat had bent rods. When things slowed down we made another move and got right back on them. What a blast my crew had slinging these nice trout in one after another! Storms were building, so I decided it was time to pack up and roll. The K2 was slap full anyways and it had gotten extremely hot once the seas had slicked out with zero wind. Another fun memorable experience with this group. Thanks again guys!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985-856-4477
                                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985 856 4477
                                    [email protected]

Comment

• Parish Line Canal Kenner, La Crabs Abound

The past 3 months and getting progressively better are the crabs in this area. I been catching them in nets and my crab traps. There are can get busy with crabbers on the weekend but there’s plenty to go around. Some people are catching them on a string with scoop net baited with chicken necks.

Good fishin’

Name:	IMG_2983.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	10003

Comment

• Friday Trout Limit in Port Sulphur

I left out of Port Sulphur alone Friday morning under overcast skies and calm winds. Headed to my favorites spots but the trout weren’t turned on initially. Moved around to other areas and picked up trout as I moved closer north of Lake Washinton. Live shrimp and various lures under corks worked but fastest action on live shrimp. Water was high and clean.

Good fishin’,

Name:	IMG_3101.JPG
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	10004

Comment

• Fast and Furious Trout Slam 8-1-16

Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	10005

Matt Gillen and his 8 yr old son Lucas joined me today on the Bluewave for a good ole fashion trout slam. As soon as we pulled up and deployed the Motorguide Xi5, the big trout were crushing our double rigged Matrix Shad lures. Singles and doubles every cast, when things slowed we made a short move. Again, first cast a double and fish after fish hit the K2 Cooler. Lil Lucas was getting a bit sea sick, so we took a ride for him to feel better. Our next stop had the big girls coming in again until #74 hit the box. We had to make one last quick stop to put #75 on ice before heading North to beat the heat and clean fish. A fabulous day to say the least. Thanks again many memories made today for Lucas and dad!!

Capt Marty LaCoste
                                          985-856-4477
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                          X