This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Sulphur: So Much Fish, Itís Hardly a Challenge

I left out of the public launch this morning under clear skies a calm weather with a high tide and clean water. First stop was all it took. Catching trout on tandem beetles and minnow lures 2 at the time and at times with or without corks. Tide was falling fast and the fish were hungry. The day was beautiful only made better after I limited out on trout and located a redfish hole which I limited out on as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3223.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	10035Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3220.JPG
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	10036
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Good trout day

Name:	IMG_3459.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	10039
      The BUMS fishing team were back onboard looking for trout. Our morning started off rather slow picking away at the fish. We covered some water not finding much, then finally hit the mother load! We found the trout stacked up on a point with good moving water. It was every cast fast action tight lining the Shrimp Creole Matrix Shad on a 1/4 oz jig head. Once this bite ended, we moved to a reef and got on another lil run of trout. Good times as usual with these guys. Thanks Capt RD for setting up the trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
      Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
      985 856 4477
      [email protected]
      www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Comment

• Gail Force Brutal Winds

Name:	IMG_3470.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	10040

Day one with Dan Ducote and family onboard. Gail force 30 mph winds were forecasted but the guys were coming no matter what and fishing. Our first couple stops didn't look promising at all, the winds were brutal. We tried to find some protected areas but there was no place to hide from these winds. We found two suicide trout, then switched to plan B soaking shrimp. The jail birds cooperated and we started filling up the K2. The guys loved catching the bay snapper and loved eating them last night even more. Thanks guys for making the day a success. Thanks Capt T Miller for putting the trip together.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        [email protected]

Comment

• Meat Haul

Name:	IMG_3491.jpg
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	10041

Day two with Dan Ducote and family was a much nicer weather day!! The guys had so much fun the day before catching bay snapper, we went straight for them in the morning! We tried for trout real quick with no takers, then sent out the bait shrimp. First cast and BAM!! It was on the rest of the morning!! We stuffed the K2 full until the bite played out. We added 6 trout to the mix and called it quits around 11 as the guys arms were tired from reeling in all the fish!! Great two days with these guys as usual, what a meat haul!! Thanks Capt T Miller for lining everything up.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
          985 856 4477
          [email protected]

Comment

• Windy Windy Trout

Name:	IMG_3631.jpg
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	10044

Day one with Ken Lang and crew found 30 mph winds all day, seems there is no end to the wind. We found a protected area and tried staying out the wind as much as possible. No fast bite the entire day, but we picked away at the trout everywhere we fished. Shrimp Creole shrimp and shrimp creole Matrix under a cork produced and shrimp creole Matrix tight lined slowly also produced at every stop. No big numbers as we had to work for them in the brutal conditions. Good job to my crew for sticking it out and putting a good mess together.

Capt Marty LaCoste
            985-856-4477
            Capt. Marty LaCoste
            985 856 4477
            [email protected]

Comment

• Stacked Up Reds

Name:	IMG_3658.jpg
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	10045

Day two with Ken Lang and crew found post front conditions with 25 mph winds, 39 degree temps, and no water. We thought we would be in for a challenge. A nice 17 inch trout surprised us quick breaking the ice. Then Ken hooked two nice reds in a row. That set the tone the rest of the morning. Redfish after redfish made its way into the Bluewave with a handful of trout. Barometric pressure was out the roof which had the trout bite shut down, but the reds were stacked and hungry. We loaded up the K2 and my crew had a great time, doesn't get any better! Thanks for two great days.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              [email protected]

Comment

• Crushed The Reds

Name:	IMG_3686.jpg
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	10046

We started the morning off quick hooking red after red after red. Then some silver started to make its way into the K2. Tight lining Shrimp Creole and Glow Matrix were extremely productive. We also caught some on avocado and shrimp creole underneath a cork. These guys were a blast to fish with as we laughed and joked the entire day. Thanks again for a great day.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                [email protected]

Comment

• Trout Slam....Easy Limits

Name:	IMG_3717.jpg
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	10047

Danny Lirette and Father Craig were back with me on the big Bluewave. With perfect conditions forecasted I knew it was going to be a great day. Our first stop was much slower than I expected so we didn't stick around long. Second stop we found what we were looking for! Every cast action as the specks were slamming our Ultra Violet and Limbo Slice Matrix Shad tight lined. They shut off like a light switch after icing down 30 nice trout. Off to our third stop and it was fish on again. Another good run putting us up to 58 trout before the tide went slack. One more stop and we finished off limit. We had to switch to corks as they would not hit the baits tight lined. We left them biting!!! Thanks again Danny for the continued business, always a pleasure fishing with you.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                  985-856-4477
                  Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985 856 4477
                  [email protected]

Comment

• Low Water, Cold n Windy, Port Sulphur Speckled Trout

I left out of Port Sulphur solo, under overcast skies and windy, cold weather. Tide was 2 feet below normal and area even my flatboat had difficulties getting through. The water was decent clarity despite the conditions. All and all I managed to catch a good mess of speckled trout with live shrimp, lures under corks and tight lined. I didnít see another sport fishing boat all day. Normally I forgo fishing when the north wind blows hard and prevents incoming tide movement. It was hard fishing, but was glad I caught some nice trout despite bad conditions.

Name:	IMG_3250.JPG
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	10052Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3252.JPG
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	10053

Comment

• Wyoming Crew Bust the Reds and Specks

Name:	IMG_3810.jpg
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	10054

Wyoming crew has a blast in Dularge on a afternoon trip!! We left the dock around 12:30 and were fishing by 1:00. Cold temps had the reds stacked up again. We caught 50 plus reds keeping 21. A few trout started biting as the water temp creeped up. We made a move before the sun went down and found the trout stacked up and hungry. Every cast action as we watched the sun disappear below the horizon. We had to leave them biting as it was getting dark!! What a great experience for these guys. Limbo Slice and glow Matrix Shad tight lined accounted for all of our fish. Thanks Capt LB Barr for putting the trip together.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                      985-856-4477
                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                      985 856 4477
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Good Times Catching Trout

Name:	IMG_3876.jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	10055

Paul Eastin and family were back with me today with two boats running. The bite was slower today than it has been, but we plucked away all day. Ultra Violet, and Glow #Matrixshad tight lined worked best all day. Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat with the group and Capt "TLUV" Lovell for taking care of my good customer Robert Utrera and crew. Everyone had a great time, as it was a 100% success.

985-856-4477
                        [email protected]
                        Capt. Marty LaCoste
                        985 856 4477
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Port Sulphur Overdose of Fog Trout

I left out of Port Sulphur this morning solo under dense fog and calm winds. Water was a bit low but clean. I headed to the cut entering Lake Washington where I been catching consistence speckled trout. A bit slow fishing with lures but the live shrimp worked best, Threw back a mess of undersized trout but sill managed to limit out on specks. Threw back 2 bull reds over 30 pounds as well. The Freeport sulphur canal cleared of fog near 11 am but the area I was fishing was socked solid the whole time.

Name:	IMG_3257.JPG
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	10059Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3261.JPG
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	10060Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3258.JPG
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	10061

Comment

• Port Sulphur Trout B 4 The Incoming Bad Weather

I left out of Port Sulphur public launch under the early morning darkness and headed to the pass between Lake Washington and the Freeport Sulphur canal. Tide was on the low side but not to the extreme. Water clarity was decent and the wind was calm. Fishing was extremely slow. I had to move around in the area picking up trout here and there. The fish wanted lively live shrimp and hardly accepted a lure. As the day neared noon the fish began to bite a little better on the live shrimp. I manage to limit out on speckled trout and enjoyed the beautiful weather before the front scheduled to enter later tonight into next morning bringing cold air, rain with snow predicted.

Name:	IMG_3273.JPG
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	10062Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3271.JPG
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	10063

Back @ Launch Box of trout

Comment

• After the Freeze- Lockjaw Fish

Two of us left out of Port Sulphur under very good conditions. Weather was moderate and overcast. We had live shrimp and various lures and the fish had serious lockjaw. Never got one bite trying various areas where I been limiting out on trout. Tide was incoming but low at first. Around noon after no bites both I and my friend happen to catch a large sheepshead each. On the way in I spoke to 2 other anglers fishing and they said they didnít catch anything as of yet. At the launch I spoke to one professional redfish angler and he said he didnít get one redfish or a bite and another angler there only had 2 fish as well. Lesson here is, after a hard freeze, wait at least one full week for the fish to come back to life.

Name:	IMG_3275.JPG
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	10069

Comment

• Trout Explosion

Name:	IMG_4130.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	10070

I jumped onboard with one of my best friends since high school Brandon Grezaffi for a late afternoon trip. I knew the water temps had come up and the trout should be feeding. We had a good incoming tide and calm winds. As soon as we pulled up and stopped it was fish on just about every cast. If you weren't reeling in a fish you were missing one. The trout could not resist our Matrix Shad in Holy Joely and Limbo Slice slowly tight lined. Fish were so stacked it didn't matter where you threw, just good as it gets. Don't miss out, call now to get on the action while it's hot.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                                985-856-4477
                                Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                985 856 4477
                                [email protected]

Comment

• FUN DAY AT THE BEACH!!!!!!!!! Had the pleasure of fishing with Travis Garrison and his friends Bob and Dara. Bob and Dara were in town from Connecticut. We fished at Biloxi marsh with Campo shrimp catching 75 speckled trout, 4 sheepshead, and one bass. All the fish were caught on Campo's live Shrimp. We have been on an outstanding speckled trout bite and I look forward to it being a good winter with the warm weather we're having the fish are active. Give us a call 504-881-9966. YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID !!!!!!!

Name:	unnamed-2.jpg
Size:	160.7 KB
ID:	10071

Comment

• Friday The 13th Good Trout Trip

Friday The 13th Good Trout Trip

Three of us left out of Port Sulphur under darkness and light fog to head to our fishing spot near Lake Washington. Water was a bit dirty and we had no bites for 2 Ĺ hours trying our familiar places. After moving around and returning to a previous spot, we managed to get into a good trout bite on live shrimp and after running out used artificial lures like sparkle beetles. We caught 67 trout and called it a day around noon.

Name:	IMG_3281.JPG
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	10072

Comment

• Good Day in the Du

Tom Jeffrey and family were back onboard the Big Bluewave with me today. Our first location found a few Specks, reds, and a lost big ole green trout. Second location had numerous rat reds with only one keeper, time to move. Third stop we found specks willing to bite over shallow oyster reefs. Fourth stop we pull up and it's every cast over a 3 ft reef. We did plenty moving to get a good box. Every fish came tight lined on Matrix Shad lures in various colors. We tried throwing a cork without any luck. Thanks guys for the continued business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985-856-4477

Name:	IMG_4279.jpg
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	10074
                                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      [email protected]

Comment

• Cold and Windy Trout Slam

Name:	IMG_4300.jpg
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	10077

We suited up for the cold ride to the trout grounds and waited for light to depart! Upon deploying the Motorguide Xi5 I noticed the water looked clean despite the strong North wind. We moved around in the 6 ft depths and shortly all three of us hooked up at the same time!! We all had big smiles and thought the switch was on! Well, we picked away to about 15 fish. We made several moves trout Fishing and soaking shrimp with not much luck. With 21 trout and a red in the K2, we decided to circle back to where we had caught the most fish. Well the plan paid off, as the trout turned on! We had the big yellow mouths jumping into the Bluewave one after another. The specks ate up our Green Hornet Matrix Shad slowly tight-lined. Despite the wind and the cold, we prevailed. Thanks guys for another great day.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                        985 856 4477
                                        [email protected]

Comment

• Fog Hogs in Port Sulphur

Today all three of us limited out on trout, fishing oyster reefs off of Freeport Sulphur canal. We used live shrimp, minnow lures and beetles under corks. It was very foggy at one point and overcast throughout the morning. Tide was low but incoming. The winds were low to calm. On the way back diving seagulls were nailing shrimp chased up by tout in hot pursuit. Couldnít fish any more as the box was full and limited out.

Good fishiní

Name:	IMG_3311.JPG
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	10079

Comment

Working...
                                          X