X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Sulphur Relentless Trout Bite

Port Sulphur Relentless Trout Bite

I left out of Port Sulphur solo and headed the open water near the camps in Bay Ronquille. Plenty seagulls dive bombing shrimp chased up by the pursuing jaws of speckled trout. The day was hot with a slight overcast and high tide. Action was hot under the birds that kept moving away from the boat. I was catching 2 at the time on sparkle beetles tight lined. The only problem was giant gafftopsails kept tying me up. I’d catch a trout on one lure of the tandem and the other one a 5 pound gafftopsail. I released all the gafftopsails. I prefer not getting my ice chest punctured by their sharp fins. Best spot was when I came back into Lake Washington over a certain oyster reef I call arrowhead because the little grass island inside of it is in the shape of an arrowhead. Bigger specks were in this area compared to the open water of the Bay aforementioned. I left the fish biting and had more than I needed of fish by 10:30 am.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TROUT.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	10134 Click image for larger version

Name:	arrow.jpg
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	10135
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Port Sulphur Hot Day Dive Bombing Seagulls

Port Sulphur Hot Day Dive Bombing Seagulls

3 of us left out of Port Sulphur under partly cloudy skies and a breezy wind. Water was a bit dirty but the tide was incoming. Slow in the morning finding decent water and a fish bite. We moved from inside water to out in the bay where it was a bit choppy heading out. We encountered diving seagulls in different areas and caught speckled trout and giant gafftop sail fish. We used live shrimp and sparkle beetles and most of the fish were caught under the birds. The oyster reefs were slow fishing but as the morning went on the water got a lot cleaner.

Comment

• Shell Beach trout fishing has been on fire. It has been a very good summer for trout fishing, just have had to deal with lots of weather. Most all of the action has been at rigs in Breton Sound and the trout have been eating up and big out there when conditions permit. Live shrimp is still the bait of choice fished both under a cork or on the bottom depending on how the fish want it that day. I have been having trouble lately cramming all the fish in the ice chest, not a bad problem to have. I could post a bunch of photos of lots of happy clients and big piles of fish, but I will just put up a couple from one of the most recent trips. Talk about a pile of meat!

If you want to make a meat haul of your own I have a couple open days this week and next. Give me a call, email, or text and get in on the fun.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The summer has been great and continues to be, but fall is coming and with it some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
        United Charters
        Shell Beach, LA
        504-439-1680
        rory@unitedcharters.com
        www.unitedcharters.com

@CaptRoryRorison
        Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
        First class speckled trout and redfish
        fishing charters in
        Shell Beach, Louisiana
        504-439-1680
        United Charters.com

Comment

• Blue Crabs Are Swarming In Lake Pontchartrain

Two of us left out of the Williams Blvd Kenner, La. launch this past Saturday to crab at the Duncan Canal off Lake Pontchartrain. I had 6 traps and 12 nets and we caught over a hamper of blue crabs. Weather was nice, low wind and overcast skies. We boiled them all up and gave many of the cooked crabs to friends. If you going to crab with nets or hand-lines you don't need a fishing license. If you are recreational crab trap fishing you must have a basic fishing license and a recreational crabbing license for up to 10 traps. The traps must be tagged with your license number on the top center of each trap on a 2 inch stainless steel metal strip. The LDWF is out and checking boats for proper equipment and licenses where applicable. Here's a tip for baiting your crab nets with turkey or chicken necks securely: plastic tie strap them to the bottom center of the net, after cutting the center section of the necks all the way around the circumference to the bone, then tighten the tie strap in the cut section of the neck. You won't lose your bait.

Name:	IMG_3700.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	10140Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3701.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	10141

Comment

• Port Sulpur Started Slow Trip

I left out of the public launch solo under very calm weather and high tide and headed to the oyster reefs in the nearby lake. I had live shrimp and various plastic lures and the first spot was virtually dead but the tide was expected to fall and this is what I was counting on for the action to get started. I moved here and there, picking up a few speckled trout as I moved deeper in to Lake Washington. As I fished, I always keep an eye open for diving seagulls which is a dead give away for feeding trout. But for the most part, I didn’t see any until later into the morning and in only one spot as far as my eye could see. After anchoring, trout were coming aboard in fast measure, having to throw back under sized one more than I cared to do. They obliged mostly on live or dead shrimp, but I did catch some on minnow lures, sparkle beetles and Berkley Gulps under a cork and tight-lined slow retrieved. I limited out (25 trout) and was back at the launch and on the road for noon.

Name:	fish46.JPG
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	10145

Comment

• Easy September Trout Limits

Name:	IMG_7945.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	10147

Michael Tuite and Matt Davis were back onboard the Bluewave with me. Trout was our target today and we accomplished our mission. The guys have come close to limiting out several times but have never had a full trout limit before. That changed today!! Double rigged Matrix Shad lures went to work on the specks and you know they can't resist them! Matt even got to battle a big bull red. Always a pleasure fishing with these guys, thanks again.

985-856-4477 for your trip
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
              985 856 4477
              captmartyl@yahoo.com
              www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Comment

• Ended September with another Great Trout Bite

Name:	IMG_7960.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	10148

Helped Capt RD today with a three boat charter. Winds were up and things looked grim this morning. We made some adjustments for the wind and started to slowly fill the K2 cooler. Shrimp Creole Matrix under a cork was our top producer with Lemon Head second fishing over reefs. The guys had a blast as it turned out to be a great day. Definitely has been one of the most productive September's of trout fishing that I can remember and the worst for red fish. The fall and winter trout bite should be incredible.

Capt Marty LaCoste985-856-4477
                Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• New Name For My Flatboat

Exactly:

Name:	sneak.jpg
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	10153Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3864.JPG
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	10154

Comment

• Windy Wednesday at the Beach. Yesterday I ran part of the Jimmy Woods group for Capt. Jakamo. The latest front left behind a chilly morning with lots of wind and a strong falling tide. We headed to a lee shoreline of an interior lake behind Hopedale and were greeted by diving birds and shrimp jumping all over the place. The action was nonstop with lots of throwbacks to weed through, but the keepers were nice. In the mix were a ton of rat reds. We finished up with 125 trout and one keeper red. You just have to love Fall fishing when even on windy days the fish are cooperative.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    United Charters
                    Shell Beach, LA
                    504-439-1680
                    rory@unitedcharters.com
                    www.unitedcharters.com
                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    fishing charters in
                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                    504-439-1680
                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Pretty day at the Beach today. I helped Capt. Ed run a bachelor party group. 3 jumped in my boat and the rest with Capt. Ed. They went outside looking for big reds and had fun catching and releasing most and brought back a few with some sheepshead. We hit the marsh for trout and whatever else would bite. Our first stop produced a lot of action. The corks were going own as fast as you get them out, but there were too throwbacks in the mix. We headed a little further south and got on a steady bite of some nice trout. With 75 on ice we headed to the house to clean the fish for their dinner tonight. The guys had a great time and were a lot of fun to fish with.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      United Charters
                      Shell Beach, LA
                      504-439-1680
                      rory@unitedcharters.com
                      www.unitedcharters.com
                      @CaptRoryRorison

Last edited by capt_rory; 10-27-2017, 05:47 PM.
                      Capt. Rory Rorison
                      fishing charters in
                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                      504-439-1680
                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Speckled Trout Smackdown

Robert Utrera and crew were back on the big Bluewave again and also were greeted with calm winds. Upon arriving to our first location we had the trout coming in all around the boat. Shrimp Creole Matrix under a cork was the bait of choice again as the specks are eating them up. Made a short move and found shrimp running for their lives. More trout hit the deck and a nice redfish. One more stop over a reef had the box almost full to the top. We called it quits at 11:30 as the guys were happy. Always a good time with these guys. Thanks for the continued business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                        985 856 4477
                        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Fantastic Trout Bite

Chris Erikson was back onboard with his crew from Wisconsin. We were greeted with picture perfect conditions and knew it was going to be a great day. Our first stop found skipping shrimp and hungry trout. Every cast action throwing shrimp Creole Matrix under a cork. Once this bite slowed down we made a move to a reef where we started catching immediately again. All fish averaged 13-17 inches with minimal throw backs. We put a good box together before heading in around lunch time. Thanks again Chris for the continued business.
                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Monday meat haul at the Beach for Carl and Jan Tarvin. The morning started off a little chilly, but warmed up nicely and so did the fish. We fished an area close to the house that I have not fished for a awhile and it turned out to be a good move. They both had great time filling up the box with a variety of fish and had a lot of fillets to take home.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                            United Charters
                            Shell Beach, LA
                            504-439-1680
                            rory@unitedcharters.com
                            www.unitedcharters.com

@CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                            fishing charters in
                            Shell Beach, Louisiana
                            504-439-1680
                            United Charters.com

Comment

• Fantastic Friday at the Beach for the Jim Walther group. After picking the guys up at Jim’s camp we made our way towards Delacroix. We started out fishing where a pass off Oak River goes into a shallow lake. Jim throws out and first bam a solid 3 pound trout was in the boat. The next two trout were just the same. It looked like it might be a monster trout slam, but that was it for there. We worked our way into the lake and got a couple good bites with some nice trout, but not those first 3 pigs. By the time we called it quits we had 80 trout, 3 reds, 2 drum, 1 bass, 1 striped bass and a bunch of sheepshead.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              United Charters
                              Shell Beach, LA
                              504-439-1680
                              rory@unitedcharters.com
                              www.unitedcharters.com
                              @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              fishing charters in
                              Shell Beach, Louisiana
                              504-439-1680
                              United Charters.com

Comment

• Saturday fun at the Beach for the Dan Robichaux group of 4. They stayed the night at the First Cast lodge and we got an early start to try and beat some of the crowd. We headed down near Bakers Bay and got on a couple slow but steady bites. I figured it was better to stick out the slow and steady instead of looking for faster action elsewhere with so many boats out on the water. When the action would really slow up we would make a short move or drift and find some more fish to work over. We packed it in at noon with 80 trout, 4 reds, 2 drum, 6 sheepshead, and 3 blue cats on ice. Campo’s live shrimp 3” below a cork was the weapon of choice.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                United Charters
                                Shell Beach, LA
                                504-439-1680
                                rory@unitedcharters.com
                                www.unitedcharters.com
                                @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                fishing charters in
                                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                504-439-1680
                                United Charters.com

Comment

• Port Sulphur -Quick Limit Few Blocks From Launch

I left out of Port Sulphur public launch under overcast skies, falling tide, right before the front: equals non-stop fishing action. I limited out on speckled trout right outside the launch area over the oyster reefs under dive bombing seagulls chasing shrimp from the pursuing jaws of speckled trout. Using tight line beetles in tandem and under corks the action was outrageous. After that I went after redfish on live shrimp and caught 3 keepers throwing back a few under sized. Never neglect fishing right before a front on a falling tide.

Name:	IMG_3927.JPG
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	10156

Comment

• Cold front fishing at the Beach Thursday. I had Don, Robert, and Stan on the boat and we started off a little lat waiting for the rain ahead of the cold front to push through. Definitely chillier and breezier than earlier in the week, but at least it felt actually like fall. We had to work for the fish making several moves picking up fish everywhere we stopped, but just could not get them really going in any one place. Still the guys kept filling the box and ended up with 80 trout and few reds. Not bad for fishing on the tails of a front.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                    United Charters
                                    Shell Beach, LA
                                    504-439-1680
                                    rory@unitedcharters.com
                                    www.unitedcharters.com
                                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                    fishing charters in
                                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                    504-439-1680
                                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Fall fishing is hot at the Beach. Friday I had AG and Sam from Houston on the boat. It was a little chilly with a stiff breeze as we left the dock. We started off fishing under some birds that were working in Lake Amedee. There was plenty of action, but also lots of small trout to weed through. Next then headed further south and got on a slow but steady bite of some really nice trout. We stuck with this till the guys limited out plus a few for me, with some drum and heads in the box too.

Got an opening this Saturday 11-18!!!!!

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                      United Charters
                                      Shell Beach, LA
                                      504-439-1680
                                      rory@unitedcharters.com
                                      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                      fishing charters in
                                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                      504-439-1680
                                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Short N Sweet Blocks From Launch

Two of us left out of Port Sulphur under perfect conditions: light to calm winds, falling tide, overcast and obliging trout block from the launch. We used sparkle beetles tight line and under corks in tandem. Best producer glow white beetles and chartreuse with Ľ oz jig heads. Follow the birds whether they are in flight or sitting on the water, even after they left, fish still there biting. We finished the limit before 8 am and left them biting, but played around and was back at launch 10 am.

Name:	IMG_3941.JPG
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	10158

Comment

• Fall fishing at the Beach still hot. Another good day for the Jim Walther group of Jim, Ernie, Pat and Tom. After picking the guys up at Jim’s camp we headed south and got on a slow bite of some nice trout, but the bass stole the guys attention when the trout quit. After boxing a bunch of them we made a few more stops before getting on a good trout bite. We called it a day with the box filled with 85 trout, 20 bass, and a few heads. All fish caught on Campo’s live shrimp 3’ below a cork.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year, and we still have some open dates available. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Got several open days left in December!!!!!

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                          United Charters
                                          Shell Beach, LA
                                          504-439-1680
                                          rory@unitedcharters.com
                                          www.unitedcharters.com
                                          @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                          fishing charters in
                                          Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                          504-439-1680
                                          United Charters.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X