Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windy Wednesday at Shell Beach. I picked up the Jim Walther and his quests David and Larry at Jimís camp and off we went to find some trout though expectations were not high. The wind was blowing ridiculously hard out the ENE. We found some birds diving in a bayou and the guys put some trout in boat weeding through a lot of through back. We moved further down the bayou and got on another trout bite till it faded with 40 or so in the box. Next we looked for some reds and plenty of them we found. The guys had a great time filling the box with some pretty reds.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The trout are moving into the marsh and that great fall fishing is here. This is some of the best inshore fishing of the year. Get your fall trips booked early before all the weekend and holiday dates fill up. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    http://www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
    First class speckled trout and redfish
    fishing charters in
    Shell Beach, Louisiana
    504-439-1680
    United Charters.com

Comment

• Friday fall fishing at Shell Beach. Today I helped Capt. Mark running 4 guys from Texas for him today. It was chilly, the NW wind howling and the tide was falling super hard. The guys said they wanted reds and reds they got. We made one stop and in less than an hour and a half 25 pretty reds were chilling in the box. After releasing some more reds we looked for some trout picking up 40 and some sheepshead we crammed into the overstuffed box. Could not ask for better results in less than ideal conditions.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The trout are moving into the marsh and that great fall fishing is here. This is some of the best inshore fishing of the year. Get your fall trips booked early before all the weekend and holiday dates fill up. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
      United Charters
      Shell Beach, LA
      504-439-1680
      rory@unitedcharters.com
      www.unitedcharters.com
      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
      fishing charters in
      Shell Beach, Louisiana
      504-439-1680
      United Charters.com

Comment

• Spooky specks at Shell Beach. Yesterday I had Jim Walther and his two guests Clint and Clint on the Blazer Bay. The wind was howling when I picked them up at Jimís camp and the tide was still rising though it should have been falling. We found some birds working in a pass between two lagoons and the guys went to work. The bite was not crazy fast, but was steady. When the tide finally turned around our bite faded, but not before the guys limited out on trout and added a few reds to the box before calling it a day.

Capt. Rory Rorison
        United Charters
        Shell Beach, LA
        504-439-1680
        rory@unitedcharters.com
        www.unitedcharters.com
        @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
        fishing charters in
        Shell Beach, Louisiana
        504-439-1680
        United Charters.com

Comment

• West Delta SW Pass Trout and Redfish Catch

2 of us left out of Venice marina with the intentions of fishing the spillway in SW pass but the river was unusually dirty forcing us to head to the west side of SW Pass to find cleaner water. We hooked up to the rig in 25 ft of water and the seas were moderate as we set up the LED lights and generator. It wasnít long before sunset the bite was nonstop trout and occasional redfish, one bull red I released. Seas started to build as the wind picked up beyond what the forecast announced. Winds got to 25 mph but it didnít stop the bite, but did hamper my friend who got a bit seasick. We caught a boat load of trout and 2 redfish before we had enough fishing action. First thing in the morning as the winds did subsided we headed straight in to pick up the boat in time to watch the Saints game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4494.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	10205 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4495.jpg
Size:	105.1 KB
ID:	10206
          Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
          http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
          http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Shell Beach meat haul. Yesterday I help Capt. Ed with a two boat trip for a group from Texas. With calm conditions we made the run out into the Sound. We hopped around a few wellheads and got on some good bites of big reds and lots of sheepshead. The guys crammed both boats ice chests to the top and had a blast doing so. Everyone limited out on big reds with a few smaller keepers and all the heads you could ever want. Another great day at the Beach.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to wake up from their winter slumber and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
            United Charters
            Shell Beach, LA
            504-439-1680
            rory@unitedcharters.com
            www.unitedcharters.com
            @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
            fishing charters in
            Shell Beach, Louisiana
            504-439-1680
            United Charters.com

Comment

• Girls beat the boys in Shell Beach. Saturday I ran a two boat trip with Capt. Gabe. We had a group of 10 and the boys hopped on my boat and the girls with Capt. Gabe. It started off pretty calm but the winds were going to be picking up so opted to stay in the marsh and it was a good thing we did as the winds picked up as the morning went on. Fishing with Campoís shrimp under 4 Horsemen corks my guys filled up the box with reds, a few bass, 3 flounder, and 1 lone trout. As good as they did the girls did better. They had some bigger fish and limited out before us, but everyone had a blast, except fo the fish. Not good a day for them.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to wake up from their winter slumber and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
              United Charters
              Shell Beach, LA
              504-439-1680
              rory@unitedcharters.com
              www.unitedcharters.com
              @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
              fishing charters in
              Shell Beach, Louisiana
              504-439-1680
              United Charters.com

Comment

• Shell Beach redfish slam. Last Wednesday I had the pleasure of fishing with David Deutsch and his sons. A strong cold front barreled through the night before leaving behind a lot of wind and cold temps that dropped all day. I told the guys to bundle up and like the experienced fishermen they were they dressed for the occasion. They have done a lot of fishing, just never down here in Louisiana. Conditions were tough to say the least, but we got lucky on our first stop and stayed put. The wind made it tough, but the reds made it fun. Though they were not looking for limits of fish to take home they easily caught that and a lot more of pretty reds that were lucky that day and were released for the next time. They also spent a couple other days fishing with my buddies Capt. Jakamo and Capt. Jimmy having great trips with them. They are hooked on South Louisiana fishing and will be back for more.

Got some openings next week and I know where a bunch of trout are hanging out.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                United Charters
                Shell Beach, LA
                504-439-1680
                rory@unitedcharters.com
                www.unitedcharters.com
                @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                fishing charters in
                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                504-439-1680
                United Charters.com

Comment

• Bachelor party redfish beat down at Shell Beach. Last Friday I helped run part of a 3 boat trip for a group of guys from Texas in town for a bachelor party. Conditions were pretty nasty and there was rain on the way. We got lucky on the rain since it broke up passed around us, but we sure caught the wind. We got lucky on the redfish too. We made one stop and the spot was barely fishable. Good thing for us the reds were hungry and the corks were steadily going down. The guys had a blast filling up the fish box, and the other two boats did equally well.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  United Charters
                  Shell Beach, LA
                  504-439-1680
                  rory@unitedcharters.com
                  www.unitedcharters.com
                  @CaptRoryRorison

#timsmarine #lacharterboatassociation #louisianasportsman #camposmarina #matrixshad #fourhorsemencorks #suzukimarine #blazerbayboats #garminmarine #minnkota #redfish #speckledtrout #specks #shellbeach #delacroix #hopedale #camposmarina #camposliveshrimp #powerpole #louisianafishing #saltlifeoptics #pennrfishing #kastking #louisianacharterguides #limits #justgrabitglove #marshandbayou #marshandbayoumagazine #inshorefishing #saltwaterfishing #fish #fishing #stbernard #stbernardfishing #neworleans #neworleansfishing #nolafishing #fishnola #fishingcharter #charterfishing #louisianafishing #bigfish #meathaul

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  fishing charters in
                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                  504-439-1680
                  United Charters.com

Comment

• I have this coming Friday and Saturday open. The weather and winds look good and the fishing has been great. Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    United Charters
                    Shell Beach, LA
                    504-439-1680
                    rory@unitedcharters.com
                    www.unitedcharters.com
                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    fishing charters in
                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                    504-439-1680
                    United Charters.com

Comment

• ​​Fun Wednesday in Shell Beach. Pat Comiskey and his son Brian were my guests on the Blazer Bay. They have fished with me plenty over the years and they are a lot of fun, keeping me laughing all day. It was a little windier than I expected so we went straight to plan Redfish. We had to bounce around a bit and weed though a lot of rats, but ended up with a nice bunch of reds on ice.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      United Charters
                      Shell Beach, LA
                      504-439-1680
                      rory@unitedcharters.com
                      www.unitedcharters.com
                      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      fishing charters in
                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                      504-439-1680
                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Speckled Monday at The Beach. My guest for the day was Norman Tabor from Boston, Mass. It has been a good while since I have targeted trout, but today conditions were semi favorable so we gave them a shot first. Our first stop started off rather slow. We caught some nice trout, but just too slow of a bite. We made a small move on a reef and found a decent bite. With Normanís limit in the box I helped out and put some in for me. Next we looked for some reds, finding lots of small ones, but 5 keeper reds and 2 drum joined the trout on ice. Fun day and even better were the trout for dinner.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        United Charters
                        Shell Beach, LA
                        504-439-1680
                        rory@unitedcharters.com
                        www.unitedcharters.com
                        @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        fishing charters in
                        Shell Beach, Louisiana
                        504-439-1680
                        United Charters.com

Comment

• Hopedale Fishing Report

Peter and I left out of Hopedale and headed down engineers canal out to fish the MRGO rocks. Tons of boat were out Friday since the winds were calm and the predicted forecast for Saturday was 80 percent chance of rain. Along the route, we stopped to fish some of the bordering ponds and lakes which we noticed were infested with alligators, more than I have ever seen anywhere else. Fishing live shrimp and sparkle beetles, the latter mostly glow white with 1/4 oz jig heads, we managed to boat a few trout. The fishing was slow in these areas even though we could see at times shrimp jumping from the water as they were pursued by speckled trout. At the beginning of the rock jetty is where fishing picked up a bit; there were boat all along the rock jetty fishing as far as I could see. We caught flounder, trout and redfish in the area. We decided as things slowed down to head for a backwater lagoon where we caught some redfish in route back to the launch. The water was very clean in almost all areas and high. We didnít catch as many fish as we thought we would, but we went to the rock jetty too late where the bite was better too late. Notwithstanding, it was a fun trip anyways.

Name:	IMG_4744.jpg
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	10216

Comment

• Shell Beach Specks Friday. I took out the Jim Walther Group of 3 after picking them up at the camp. The winds were calm and the water flat as we headed out to the Sound. At our first stop we got on a fast bite, but all the trout were undersized. We headed deeper out in the Sound looking for a spot that did not have a boat on or two on it as the wind and chop were picking up. We stopped at one rig and got on a steady bite with Campoís live shrimp 4í under a 4-Horsemen cork. We had several boats come and go trying to ruin the bite for us, but we stuck it out and ended up with a box full with 83 Trout, 3 Reds, and 3 Pompano. Even caught the surprising toothy critter pictured below.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                            United Charters
                            Shell Beach, LA
                            504-439-1680
                            rory@unitedcharters.com
                            www.unitedcharters.com
                            @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                            fishing charters in
                            Shell Beach, Louisiana
                            504-439-1680
                            United Charters.com

Comment

• Had to work for them Wednesday in Shell Beach. I helped Capt. Ed out with a group from Florida. The rat reds were thick with the keepers playing tough to get, but we fished on through it to fill the cleaning table. A fun time for everyone, but the fish.

I have some openings next week for anyone looking for a last minute trip.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              United Charters
                              Shell Beach, LA
                              504-439-1680
                              rory@unitedcharters.com
                              www.unitedcharters.com
                              @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              fishing charters in
                              Shell Beach, Louisiana
                              504-439-1680
                              United Charters.com

Comment

• Nonstop reds in Shell Beach today. Today I had Forrest Fife, and his friend Joe on the Blazer Bay. It was nice and calm this morning as we pulled out of Campoís. I had thoughts of big Sound trout dancing in my head, but my guys wanted to go chase reds in the marsh instead. Fine with me, because it is all about what my client wants to do. Turned out to be a good move, as the winds picked up throughout the morning, and the redfish ate up. We easily got our limits and caught and released at least 100 more. Toss in a few drum, a bass, a white bass, and 12 trout and it made for a very nice box of fish and a fun time.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                United Charters
                                Shell Beach, LA
                                504-439-1680
                                rory@unitedcharters.com
                                www.unitedcharters.com
                                @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                fishing charters in
                                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                504-439-1680
                                United Charters.com

Comment

• Friday grind in Shell Beach. My guests for the day were Keith, Matt, and Jimmy. Things started out a little tough. First my bait well was not working, and after getting that going getting bait was an issue. Now with a delayed start, but with bait we ran straight out to the Sound in pretty conditions only to find boat all over everywhere I wanted to stop. After settling at a rig we caught plenty big Spanish Mackerel and Bull Reds. We then bounced around a few other wells picking up 10 good trout. With the wind picking up we changed gears and headed into the marsh for reds. There we found constant action and the guys put a nice box of fish together.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh . Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  United Charters
                                  Shell Beach, LA
                                  504-439-1680
                                  rory@unitedcharters.com
                                  @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  fishing charters in
                                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                  504-439-1680
                                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Saturday in Shell Beach I took out Don, David, and Mark. They were in town from different parts of the country on business and wanted to get out on the water. Since the wind was blowing first thing in the morning we stayed in the marsh focusing on Redfish or whatever else bit. You name it, if it swims in the marsh, they caught it. They had a great time catching a variety of fish, releasing most all except for a few of the tastiest I took to the house.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                    United Charters
                                    Shell Beach, LA
                                    504-439-1680
                                    rory@unitedcharters.com
                                    www.unitedcharters.com
                                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                    fishing charters in
                                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                    504-439-1680
                                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Plan B in Shell Beach. Yesterday I had Reggie and Pat Hayes on the Blazer Bay. We left Campoís with intentions of chasing Trout in the Sound. As we headed out the winds were picking up so we had to stop short on the edge. The guys managed to put some trout on ice, but it was tough in the dirty water. Time for plan B. Turned around and headed into the marsh and it was good move. Fishing with Campoís live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork the guys had a blast limiting out on Reds in short order.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

The Speckled Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                      United Charters
                                      Shell Beach, LA
                                      504-439-1680
                                      rory@unitedcharters.com
                                      www.unitedcharters.com
                                      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                      fishing charters in
                                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                      504-439-1680
                                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Red Fish Slam Delacroix

Red Fish Slam Delacroix
                                        Peter and I left out of Sweetwater Marina in Delacroix this morning and headed to Alligator Pass wherewe immediately got into the redfish using Versa Max corks with live and dead shrimp. Many throw‐backunder sized fish encountered. We moved from there and headed to the Pencil Canal picking up a fewmore reds. Best spot with non‐stop action came at the area of Skippy Lake at Oak River where welimited out on reds and threw back an addition 15 or more. Topping off the ice chest were one blackbass, a bunch of white bass, and a few flounders. Plenty freshwater throughout the area but it had goodclarity.

Name:	IMG_4811.jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	10218

Comment

• Switching gears in Shell Beach. Yesterday I had the Blaise Ernts group all set for a Trout haul out deep into the Sound. As usual the weatherman lied. The forecast 5-10 was a steady 15+. After pounding it out and bouncing around with only a few trout to show for it was time to make the switch. We headed into the marsh made one stop and loaded up on Reds in no time, with Campoís shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork. Fun day on the water with great people.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

The Speckled Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                          United Charters
                                          Shell Beach, LA
                                          504-439-1680
                                          rory@unitedcharters.com
                                          @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                          fishing charters in
                                          Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                          504-439-1680
                                          United Charters.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X