This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECK HIT
    Two of us left out of Hopedale to fish the outer areas along the coast where reports had it fish are on the move to the inside areas. Armed with live shrimp it took awhile before the bite started using popping corks fished 3 ft down. Water was extremely high but had decent clarity.
    We caught a nice box of trout but when the heat started to warm the water the fish stopped biting

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5103.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	12606 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5106.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	12607 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5104.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	12608
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Delacroix Mix Catch Bash

This morning Peter and I left out of Hopedale, La., under calm conditions right before the projected cold front that was scheduled to come the following day. Many boats were seen heading out, more than I remember in a long time. We stop off at Bait Inc to get live shrimp with our sights on fishing the near coastal areas of Black Bay. Our first stop saw many seagulls and boats fishing under them which means trout chasing shrimp to the surface fleeing for their life. We caught trout under these birds but not as fast as we expected. Many nearby boats fishing, but we didn’t witness many fish being caught. We moved deeper into the interior marsh areas and came upon a bunch of frenzied feeding sheepshead and redfish, but a good number of the latter were under sized. We came in with a nice loaded box of mixed fish, beating the rain that was forecasted for the evening.

Good fishin’

jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_5224.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	12615

Comment

• Good as it gets in Shell Beach. Friday and Saturday I had Mitch Cone and his son Tanner in from Tennessee. Friday was cold and the wind was whipping. With the water temp so low and the high wind we focused mostly on looking for redfish or whatever else would bite. Fishing was not easy, but we put a good mixed box of fish together with the sheepshead being very cooperative that day.

Saturday started out with less wind and birds diving at our first stop. The water was still very cold, so the trout would hardly pull the 4 Horsemen Corks down. Most of the time the cork would tilt a little and it was fish on. They were very nice sized trout too with most at 16”+. With 40 on ice the bite died, so we moved to a pond to look for some reds. They had a blast catching one after another of some stud redfish that were all released. We then made one more stop on polished off our trout limits with some pretty trout and some good sized blue catfish. It was a couple of fun days with some great guys, and a special thank you to Rusty Tardo for the referral.

I have this Wednesday and Friday open. The weather looks super and the fishing is on fire. Call, text, or email me to take one of these open days, but hurry up before someone else beats you to the fish. Also still a few open days Thanksgiving week, get those kids on the water, and make some memories.
        All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Fall is here and some of the best fishing of the year comes with it. Get your dates locked in and don’t miss out. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
        United Charters
        Shell Beach, LA
        504-439-1680
        rory@unitedcharters.com
        www.unitedcharters.com
        @CaptRoryRorison
        Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Name:	p15741202076060071.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	12618

Name:	p15741202076072662.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	12619

Name:	p15741202076087033.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	12620

Name:	p15741202076115755.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	12622

Name:	p15741202076102374.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	12621
        Capt. Rory Rorison
        First class speckled trout and redfish
        fishing charters in
        Shell Beach, Louisiana
        504-439-1680
        United Charters.com

Comment

• Bull Red Blast

Pat and I went on an overnight trip out of Venice to fish the close in rigs out of SW Pass at night. With the use of my generator and LED lights we tried to work up the trout but the fishing was slow. Next morning we fished a couple other rigs that yielded illegal size snappers and an occasional bull redfish. There were plenty of hard head catfish which was discouraging throughout the trip. It wasn’t until we headed to the mouth of SW Pass where the bull redfish were on fire. We caught our limit and one black tip shark and threw back more than a few other bull redfish as they were all over 27 inches. Was a blast fishing them however.

Good fishin’,
          Jerry LaBella

Name:	IMG_5234.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	12624

Name:	IMG_5237.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	12625

Name:	IMG_5238.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	12629

Name:	IMG_5239.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	12630

Attached Files

Comment

• Easy pickings at Shell Beach. Yesterday Capt. Mark helped me run a two boat bachelor party group. The guys had a great time at the camp the night before and were ready to fish. Conditions were nice and after a short run we sent Campo’s live shrimp under cork to work. We both fished the same area and both limited out on trout plus 30 fat blue cats. They had a great time and went home with a pile of fillets.

I have Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday open Thanksgiving week. The fishing is on fire, so get those kids out on the water, and make some memories. Call, text, or email me to take one of these open days, but hurry up before someone else beats you to the fish.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Fall is here and some of the best fishing of the year comes with it. Get your dates locked in and don’t miss out. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
            United Charters
            Shell Beach, LA
            504-439-1680
            rory@unitedcharters.com
            www.unitedcharters.com
            @CaptRoryRorison
            Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Name:	p15744444091254710.jpg
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	12637
            Capt. Rory Rorison
            First class speckled trout and redfish
            fishing charters in
            Shell Beach, Louisiana
            504-439-1680
            United Charters.com

Comment

• Delacroix Trout Solo Trip

12/4/2019

I left out of Pip’s Place on the Hopedale side of Delacroix and made my way to the Delacroix area crossing Lake Robin to Bayou Terre Boeuf. Many boats out fishing but the fishing started slow and only in a selected spot. Tide was predicted to fall most of the day under very moderate weather conditions but on the cold side temperature wise. I was armed with live shrimp and good thing I had them because once I found the trout bite they wouldn’t touch anything else, including a partially live shrimp or lures. I fished under a cord about 3 ft deep in 4-5 ft. of water around the area of the twin pipeline that connects to a lake. Fish bite was sporadic but working hard and consistent after wasting time trying other spots, I return back to where they were originally biting. I managed to catch a mess of very nice sized specks and a couple of sheepshead-only having to throw back one undersized trout.

Name:	IMG_5275.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	12645

Comment

Working...
              X