This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPECK HIT
    Two of us left out of Hopedale to fish the outer areas along the coast where reports had it fish are on the move to the inside areas. Armed with live shrimp it took awhile before the bite started using popping corks fished 3 ft down. Water was extremely high but had decent clarity.
    We caught a nice box of trout but when the heat started to warm the water the fish stopped biting

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5103.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	12606 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5106.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	12607 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5104.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	12608
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Delacroix Mix Catch Bash

This morning Peter and I left out of Hopedale, La., under calm conditions right before the projected cold front that was scheduled to come the following day. Many boats were seen heading out, more than I remember in a long time. We stop off at Bait Inc to get live shrimp with our sights on fishing the near coastal areas of Black Bay. Our first stop saw many seagulls and boats fishing under them which means trout chasing shrimp to the surface fleeing for their life. We caught trout under these birds but not as fast as we expected. Many nearby boats fishing, but we didn’t witness many fish being caught. We moved deeper into the interior marsh areas and came upon a bunch of frenzied feeding sheepshead and redfish, but a good number of the latter were under sized. We came in with a nice loaded box of mixed fish, beating the rain that was forecasted for the evening.

Good fishin’

jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_5224.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	12615

Comment

• Good as it gets in Shell Beach. Friday and Saturday I had Mitch Cone and his son Tanner in from Tennessee. Friday was cold and the wind was whipping. With the water temp so low and the high wind we focused mostly on looking for redfish or whatever else would bite. Fishing was not easy, but we put a good mixed box of fish together with the sheepshead being very cooperative that day.

Saturday started out with less wind and birds diving at our first stop. The water was still very cold, so the trout would hardly pull the 4 Horsemen Corks down. Most of the time the cork would tilt a little and it was fish on. They were very nice sized trout too with most at 16”+. With 40 on ice the bite died, so we moved to a pond to look for some reds. They had a blast catching one after another of some stud redfish that were all released. We then made one more stop on polished off our trout limits with some pretty trout and some good sized blue catfish. It was a couple of fun days with some great guys, and a special thank you to Rusty Tardo for the referral.

I have this Wednesday and Friday open. The weather looks super and the fishing is on fire. Call, text, or email me to take one of these open days, but hurry up before someone else beats you to the fish. Also still a few open days Thanksgiving week, get those kids on the water, and make some memories.
        All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Fall is here and some of the best fishing of the year comes with it. Get your dates locked in and don’t miss out. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
        United Charters
        Shell Beach, LA
        504-439-1680
        [email protected]
        www.unitedcharters.com
        @CaptRoryRorison
        Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Name:	p15741202076060071.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	12618

Name:	p15741202076072662.jpg
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	12619

Name:	p15741202076087033.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	12620

Name:	p15741202076115755.jpg
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	12622

Name:	p15741202076102374.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	12621
        Capt. Rory Rorison
        First class speckled trout and redfish
        fishing charters in
        Shell Beach, Louisiana
        504-439-1680
        United Charters.com

Comment

• Bull Red Blast

Pat and I went on an overnight trip out of Venice to fish the close in rigs out of SW Pass at night. With the use of my generator and LED lights we tried to work up the trout but the fishing was slow. Next morning we fished a couple other rigs that yielded illegal size snappers and an occasional bull redfish. There were plenty of hard head catfish which was discouraging throughout the trip. It wasn’t until we headed to the mouth of SW Pass where the bull redfish were on fire. We caught our limit and one black tip shark and threw back more than a few other bull redfish as they were all over 27 inches. Was a blast fishing them however.

Good fishin’,
          Jerry LaBella

Name:	IMG_5234.jpg
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	12624

Name:	IMG_5237.jpg
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	12625

Name:	IMG_5238.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	12629

Name:	IMG_5239.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	12630

Attached Files

Comment

• Easy pickings at Shell Beach. Yesterday Capt. Mark helped me run a two boat bachelor party group. The guys had a great time at the camp the night before and were ready to fish. Conditions were nice and after a short run we sent Campo’s live shrimp under cork to work. We both fished the same area and both limited out on trout plus 30 fat blue cats. They had a great time and went home with a pile of fillets.

I have Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday open Thanksgiving week. The fishing is on fire, so get those kids out on the water, and make some memories. Call, text, or email me to take one of these open days, but hurry up before someone else beats you to the fish.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Fall is here and some of the best fishing of the year comes with it. Get your dates locked in and don’t miss out. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
            United Charters
            Shell Beach, LA
            504-439-1680
            [email protected]
            www.unitedcharters.com
            @CaptRoryRorison

Name:	p15744444091254710.jpg
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	12637
            Capt. Rory Rorison
            fishing charters in
            Shell Beach, Louisiana
            504-439-1680
            United Charters.com

Comment

• Delacroix Trout Solo Trip

12/4/2019

I left out of Pip’s Place on the Hopedale side of Delacroix and made my way to the Delacroix area crossing Lake Robin to Bayou Terre Boeuf. Many boats out fishing but the fishing started slow and only in a selected spot. Tide was predicted to fall most of the day under very moderate weather conditions but on the cold side temperature wise. I was armed with live shrimp and good thing I had them because once I found the trout bite they wouldn’t touch anything else, including a partially live shrimp or lures. I fished under a cord about 3 ft deep in 4-5 ft. of water around the area of the twin pipeline that connects to a lake. Fish bite was sporadic but working hard and consistent after wasting time trying other spots, I return back to where they were originally biting. I managed to catch a mess of very nice sized specks and a couple of sheepshead-only having to throw back one undersized trout.

Name:	IMG_5275.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	12645

Comment

• Birthday fun in Shell Beach. Matt Curtis, his son Mason, and Lance hopped on the Blazer Bay to celebrate Mason’s birthday. You could not ask for a better day on the water. We made one stop and limited out redfish with a bunch of bass, sheepshead, and blue cats in the mix. We did make one more stop to look for some trout. They caught a few trout and added some drum to top off the box, and Mason landed a big drum that was released. Mason is one heck of a fisherman and made for a fun day on the water.

Now that winter is here it is time for big fish meat hauling out in Breton Sound. If you want big fish and plenty of them, now is the time to book your dates. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                United Charters
                Shell Beach, LA
                504-439-1680

[email protected]
                www.unitedcharters.com
                @CaptRoryRorison

Name:	p15787659711617320.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	12651

Name:	p15787659711646131.jpg
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	12652

Name:	p15787659711690802.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	12653

Name:	p15787659711737603.jpg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	12654
                Capt. Rory Rorison
                fishing charters in
                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                504-439-1680
                United Charters.com

Comment

• First time fun in Shell Beach. Stephen Lacoste and his son Chris have fished with me before and fish plenty on their own, but Chris’s cousin Shannon from Atlanta had never been on a real fishing trip before. It sure didn’t take long for him to catch on. He landed the first fish, and by the end of the day he was casting and catching like a pro. Chris was a fish catching machine like he always is. It was a lot of fun spending the day with these fine young men, and I can’t wait till the next time.

I have Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday open this week, so call, text, or email me to get one of these dates. Now that winter is here it is time for big fish meat hauling out in Breton Sound. If you want big fish and plenty of them, now is the time to book your dates. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                  United Charters
                  Shell Beach, LA
                  504-439-1680

[email protected]
                  www.unitedcharters.com
                  @CaptRoryRorison

Name:	p15789551063600780.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	12656

Name:	p15789551063637611.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	12657

Name:	p15789551063670502.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	12658

Name:	p15789551063726823.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	12659

Name:	p15789551063777764.jpg
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	12660
                  Capt. Rory Rorison
                  fishing charters in
                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                  504-439-1680
                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Saturday in Shell Beach I was joined by Mitchell Morgan and his son Mason. We headed into the marsh on a chilly, but pretty morning. Things started off a little slow with very little bait or fish activity at our first stop. I noticed some bait activity on the other side of the pond so we moved over and first thing Mitchell hooks into a big red. Next Mason put in a couple good eating sized reds before that action died out. We moved to another area and the guys started putting fish in the box a good pace, and by the end of the day the guys got their limits of reds and filled up the box with a nice mix of bass, and sheepshed.

Now that winter is here it’s time for big fish meat hauling out in Breton Sound. If you want big fish and plenty of them, now is the time to book your dates. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    United Charters
                    Shell Beach, LA
                    504-439-1680
                    [email protected]
                    www.unitedcharters.com
                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    fishing charters in
                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                    504-439-1680
                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Tuesday With the Treuting Crew in Shell Beach. The Treuting crew hopped on the Blazer Bay and really wanted to catch some trout. With a strong front rolling through the night before stirring thin s up and dropping the water temp down near 50* I knew it would be tough, but off we went. After trying a few different areas with little to show for we switched to plan B looking for some redfish, and even they were finicky. Time for plan C. We set up in a deep canal intersection and started putting some meat in the box. The guys had a blast catching sheepshead one after the other, with a bunch of blue cats and even some of the elusive trout hit the ice. We ended up with a nice mixed box and had a great time.

Now that winter drawing to an end it’s time for big fish meat hauling out in Breton Sound. If you want big fish and plenty of them, now is the time to book your dates. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      United Charters
                      Shell Beach, LA
                      504-439-1680

[email protected]
                      www.unitedcharters.com
                      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      fishing charters in
                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                      504-439-1680
                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Daddy daughter day in Shell Beach. Today daughter #1 Elizabeth finally had a day off from work while I had the same. We headed out for a quick afternoon day on the water. The water was super low and the wind was blowing pretty good, so we stayed close by in the MRGO. We had a great time together catching a limit of perfect eating sized redfish, while releasing a bunch of under sized reds. A couple tasty bass also hit the ice. It was a great day of long overdue together time on the water.

Now that winter is almost over it’s time for big fish meat hauling out in Breton Sound. If you want big fish and plenty of them, now is the time to book your dates. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        United Charters
                        Shell Beach, LA
                        504-439-1680
                        [email protected]
                        www.unitedcharters.com
                        @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        fishing charters in
                        Shell Beach, Louisiana
                        504-439-1680
                        United Charters.com

Comment

• Shell Beach trout trip. Wednesday Steve, Greg, and Tim wanted to go look for the elusive speckled trout. There was some rain in the area, but it stayed away from us for the most part. We headed over towards Four Horse and made a drift picking up a few trout as we drifted along. As we drifted closer to a point we had multiple hookups, so I stuck us down and the guys started to work on the trout. Nothing fast and furious, but steady enough with some sheepshead in the mix. With a good pile of trout on ice the guys wanted to look for a couple reds. We made a small move, but only picked up one red and lost another, then casting out past the point there were some more trout. We stuck with that till the winds got ridiculous and the guys said they had plenty enough fish so we headed to the house with 61 trout, 22 heads, 3 drum, 2 blue cats, and 1 red on ice.

Spring is here and it’s time for the Sheepshead and Bull Red run out in Breton Sound. If you want fast action, big fish, and plenty of them, now is the time. It is also time to get your spring and summer trips booked now as choice dates are going fast. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          United Charters
                          Shell Beach, LA
                          504-439-1680
                          [email protected]
                          www.unitedcharters.com
                          @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          fishing charters in
                          Shell Beach, Louisiana
                          504-439-1680
                          United Charters.com

Comment

• Mardi Gras Trout Trip

While most people were out screaming throw me something mister and catching beads and doubloons, I was out catching a mess of fish, namely a limit of speckled trout and a bunch of sheepsheads. I fished solo today since my buddy cancelled last minute. There were plenty of boats out running around looking for fish on the Delacroix side, but the really clean water and action was on the Hopedale side. Fortunately, I caught fish in both places using live shrimp and various artificials when the live stuff ran out. This time of year the best technique is the “glide and slide” method, better known to the novice as drift fishing. For some reason, putting an anchor down can at times cause the fish to get lockjaw. The water was on the low side when I arrived this morning but the tide started to come in this afternoon. It was a beautiful day with light winds, made even better coming in with a load of fish.

Good fishin',
                            jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_5452-1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	12671

Comment

• One good day and one tough day in Shell Beach. Forrest Fife and Dan Saterfield came down from Monroe for two days of meat hauling Tuesday and Wednesday. They really wanted to get out into the Sound for a Sheepshead round up and battle with some bull reds. Tuesday conditions were perfect with very little wind and plenty for tide moving a day when none was forecast. They loaded the box with heads in short order and a few reds to boot, releasing some other bulls. Wednesday was a different story. A front came through the night before and we left the dock in 30+ knot winds. Even with all the wind the water was hardly moving, and the fish were sluggish. The guys managed to put together a decent box of reds in some horrible conditions. Two fun days with two super guys.

Spring is here and it’s time for the Sheepshead and Bull Red run out in Breton Sound. If you want fast action, big fish, and plenty of them, now is the time. It is also time to get your spring and summer trips booked now as choice dates are going fast. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              United Charters
                              Shell Beach, LA
                              504-439-1680
                              [email protected]
                              www.unitedcharters.com
                              @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                              fishing charters in
                              Shell Beach, Louisiana
                              504-439-1680
                              United Charters.com

Comment

• Hopedale/Delacroix Wild & Crazy Trip
                                This morning Mo and I left out of Pip’s place and headed to a nearby lake not very far from the launch armed with live shrimp and various lures. Weather was calm and a little foggy to start out with, but the water was very clean. Our first spot with obliging speckled trout proved to be under-sized fish that had to be thrown back; we only were able to keep a few legal size ones. When we moved to another small lake, it was non-stop speckled trout action, but we had to release them as well because they were under size. Morning fishing was slow, but later in the morning we latched up with one huge black drum, which we released, as it was too big for food fare. And later we latched onto a beautiful golden bull redfish, which put up a hefty fight, caught on a live shrimp under a cork. We managed to catch a small mess of sheepshead and some large speckled trout to wind up the trip with a box of mixed fish.
                                Good fishin’,
                                jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_1617.JPEG
Views:	15
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	12686

Name:	IMG_1622.JPEG
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	12687

Name:	IMG_5466.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	12688

Name:	IMG_5470.JPG
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	12689

Name:	IMG_5471.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	12690

Comment

• Wednesday meat haul in Shell Beach. The Paul Denis group hopped on the Blazer Bay and off into the thick fog we went. We made our way out deep into Breton Sound to a small wellhead and the reds and heads were there and hungry. They released several big bulls reds and kept a few along with a box full of sheepshead. We made a stop on the way back to look for some smaller keeper reds and ended up putting 12 trout and few more heads on ice. Fun day with nonstop action.

Spring is here and it’s time for the Sheepshead and Bull Red run out in Breton Sound. If you want fast action, big fish, and plenty of them, now is the time. There are plenty trout around too if that is what you are looking for. Now is also time to get your spring and summer trout trips booked now as choice dates are going fast. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  United Charters
                                  Shell Beach, LA
                                  504-439-1680
                                  [email protected]
                                  www.unitedcharters.com
                                  @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  fishing charters in
                                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                  504-439-1680
                                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Trout Thursday in Shell Beach. Matt Lester and family were my guests for the day and a good day it was. They were in town from San Antonio and wanted to enjoy a day of Louisiana fishing. They were not looking to keep any fish to take home, so a lot of fish got really lucky, except for a dozen trout I kept for me and the wife. They had nonstop action from the start and all day long. The trout were really biting as were a bunch of sheepshead and several nice slot reds. We made a couple moves to try and find some big reds for the kids and did not find any at a normally good spot. There was a guy not far from us that was hooked up constantly. He hollered for us to come over near him and tossed us a few of the big gold spoons he was using. Sure as heck both the boys hooked up with some big redfish. The last two in the photo was a double hook up that ended a perfect day on the water. A special thank you to the Gold Spoon Man, you made those kids day.

Spring is here and it’s time for the Sheepshead and Bull Red run out in Breton Sound. If you want fast action, big fish, and plenty of them, now is the time. There are plenty trout around too if that is what you are looking for. Now is also time to get your spring and summer trout trips booked now as choice dates are going fast. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                    United Charters
                                    Shell Beach, LA
                                    504-439-1680
                                    [email protected]
                                    www.unitedcharters.com
                                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                    fishing charters in
                                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                    504-439-1680
                                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Hopedale Very Slow Fishing

I left out this morning to head to Hopedale solo. Very foggy conditions but the water was clean. I had live shrimp and the fishing was extremely slow-fish had lockjaw. I contribute this to the stupid double tide we had today. Any time you see that, unless you are desperate, stay home. The latter was a good choice since I been staying home too long. I manage to catch some speckled trout, one bass, one sheepshead and through back a dozen or so under sized speckled trout. When the fog lifted it turned out to be a hot and pretty day on the water. Plenty boats out today.
                                      Good fishin’,
                                      jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_5492.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	12697

Comment

Working...
                                      X