Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fishing in Shell Beach is on fire. The trout action gets better and better every day when the winds are decent, and the reds have been hungry in the marsh when it blows. We have plenty of open dates, so get out of the house and get on the water. No better place to be. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680

[email protected]
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
    First class speckled trout and redfish
    fishing charters in
    Shell Beach, Louisiana
    504-439-1680
    United Charters.com

Comment

• Speckled Friday in Shell Beach. Onboard the Blazer Bay were Pat, Brian, David, and Nathan. Pat and Brian have fished with me for years now, but this was going to be Nathan’s first ever fishing trip. There was a rain shower over the area I wanted to go to, so we stopped short to try a couple spots with not much action. Finally, the rain moved on and we moved to the rig I wanted to start at. When we got there the birds were diving all over the place. The trout were eating up and the guys had a blast. The cooler was filling fast, till the falling tide stopped and so did the bite. With plenty trout the guys wanted to try for some reds. We made one stop and picked up 8 keepers and released a lot of under sized ones. Fun day on the water and young Nathan is hooked and looking forward to his next trip.

The fishing in Shell Beach is on fire. The trout action gets better and better every day when the winds are decent, and the reds have been hungry in the marsh when it blows. We have plenty of open dates, so get out of the house and get on the water. No better place to be. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork on Kast King rods with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Capt. Rory Rorison
      United Charters
      Shell Beach, LA
      504-439-1680
      [email protected]
      www.unitedcharters.com
      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
      fishing charters in
      Shell Beach, Louisiana
      504-439-1680
      United Charters.com

Comment

• Redfish fun in Shell Beach. Today I had Forrest and Michelle on the Blazer Bay. This was Michelle’s first marsh fishing trip, and she put the first keeper red of the day on ice. We fished in the Biloxi marsh with Campo’s live shrimp under a Four Horsemen cork. It was a lot of fun watching the reds chase the shrimp to the surface and blow up on them. Even had a nice flounder to add to the limits of reds.

The fishing in Shell Beach is on fire. The trout action gets better and better every day when the winds are decent, and the reds have been hungry in the marsh when it blows. We have plenty of open dates, so get out of the house and get on the water. No better place to be. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork on Kast King rods with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Capt. Rory Rorison
        United Charters
        Shell Beach, LA
        504-439-1680
        [email protected]
        www.unitedcharters.com
        @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
        fishing charters in
        Shell Beach, Louisiana
        504-439-1680
        United Charters.com

Comment

• Port Sulphur Trout Trip

This morning Mike and I left out of Port Sulphur to fish the areas of Lake Grand Ecaille and Bay Ronquille. The weather was calm with clear skies and a high tide with good water clarity. We were armed with live shrimp and live cocahoe minnows. We fished these 2 1/2 feet below clicker corks . There were plenty juvenile trout in the area but we manage to put 32 keeper trout in the ice chest. Mike hooked a 5 foot long alligator gar on a dead shrimp and I tried to net it just to cut it loose as it was too big to put in the boat. However, the gar ripped through the net like a torpedo shot from a nuclear submarine, leaving a gapping hole in the webbing. Mike managed to still get the fish close enough to the boat where I managed to cut the line right below the cork, as we didn’t want to lose the special-made cork. We also caught trout under feeding seagulls that were diving to eat shrimp that were being chased up to the subsurface by feeding juvenile trout. Sometimes catching two at the time only to have to throw them back because they were under legal size. We had a fun trip with very good moving tides both incoming and falling. We estimated that all in all we must of caught over 70 trout.

Good fishin’,
          jerrylabella.com

Click image for larger version

Name:	mike trout2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	12717 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5621.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	12718
          Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
          http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
          http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Port Sulphur Solo Trip

This morning I headed out to Port Sulphur solo to fish the areas of the outer bays and lakes southwest of the Freeport Sulphur Canal, but due to higher winds out of the west I was not able to make in the open water in my 16 ft flatboat. So I shift gears and headed to Lake Washington. The water was not that clean in certain areas closer to the Sulphur Canal and I wasted a lot of time moving around trying to find cleaner water, picking up a trout or two here and there. I did locate cleaner water and using live shrimp and artificial shrimp under a clicking cork I managed to catch some keeper trout— a total of 16. I had to work hard for these fish. I only saw one other boat out today in the area but many were observed heading out on the highway as I drove back home.
            Good fishin’,
            jerrylabella.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5645.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.7 KB ID:	12721

Comment

• Specktacular Sunday in Shell Beach, with Stephen Lacoste and his guest Phil. For a change of lately, the West wind was not blowing over 15 as we left Campo’s. We headed deep into the Sound and made one stop. Not a fast bite, with an unexpected number of throwbacks to weed through, but Campo’s live shrimp came through. With limits on ice and the temps blazing we headed to the house.

Got this Saturday, July 18 open, along with a couple weekday openings next week.

The fishing in Shell Beach is on fire, so get out of the house and get on the water. No better place to be. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
              United Charters
              Shell Beach, LA
              504-439-1680

[email protected]
              www.unitedcharters.com
              @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
              fishing charters in
              Shell Beach, Louisiana
              504-439-1680
              United Charters.com

Comment

• Crab Slam Trip

This morning Pat an I left out to the Williams Blvd. Kenner boat launch and head to the Duncan Canal to go crabbing. I had 20 turkey neck baited crab nets. Crabbing started slow but after figuring out the right depth of water they were in and the correct way to pick up the nets with the current flow, we started landing a good number of crabs. I also shortened the leader lines on the nets too, so that the nets came up quicker before the crabs escaped out. We caught over a hamper of crabs. We came back home and boiled them all.

Good fishin’,
                Jerrylabella,com

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5673.jpg Views:	0 Size:	115.7 KB ID:	12729 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5674.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.8 KB ID:	12730

Comment

• Dularge Overnight Rig Trip

Pat, Maurice and I left out of Jug’s Landing in Dularge to night fish trout under lights. The weather was not as forecasted as the wind was not 10 mph with seas 2 foot or less. It’s was more near 15 mph nonstop with 3-4 ft seas all night. We managed to catch speckled trout in the late evening but there were plenty giant sail cats that intermittently tied us up. We decided to keep the larger ones after breaking off their spiny fins so that my ice chest was spared of punctures. It was a rough trip all night rolling around in the cabin with every wave encounter. At least we had air conditioning to cool off from the day’s blazing heat. We came in the next morning after not being able to catch any more trout only gafftops . Total catch was mixed gafftops and speckled trout around 75 pounds of fish.

Good fishin’,
                  jerrylabella.com

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5691.jpg Views:	0 Size:	80.7 KB ID:	12733 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5690.jpg Views:	0 Size:	70.6 KB ID:	12734

Attached Files

Comment

• Last Thursday in Shell Beach I had the Jim, George, and Larry on the Blazer Bay. Things started off a little slow, but after making a few moves we got a couple good bites. Campo’s live shrimp under the 4 Horsemen corks put limits of trout on ice.

The fishing in Shell Beach is on fire, so get out of the house and get on the water. No better place to be. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    United Charters
                    Shell Beach, LA
                    504-439-1680
                    [email protected]
                    www.unitedcharters.com
                    @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                    fishing charters in
                    Shell Beach, Louisiana
                    504-439-1680
                    United Charters.com

Comment

• Fun Friday in Shell Beach. I had Rafael Lara, his wife Megan, and son Max out for a day on the water. The wind was blowing a little when we left, so we started out in a protected area catching mostly throwbacks, and some big monster drum. We finally got a slow bite putting some nice trout on ice. The winds died down, so we headed out a little further and found a few nice big trout to add to the box. We also topped things off with a nice big Triple Tail.

I could not run them the second day, so Capt. Johnny Nunez took them Saturday and they had a great time catching a nice mess of trout.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      United Charters
                      Shell Beach, LA
                      504-439-1680

[email protected]
                      www.unitedcharters.com
                      @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                      fishing charters in
                      Shell Beach, Louisiana
                      504-439-1680
                      United Charters.com

Comment

• Tough Saturday in Shell Beach. Matt, Ryan, Anthony, and Josh were on the Blazer Bay. The wind was blowing pretty good and we pounded it out to a rig Matt and I fished years ago, and where I caught some nice trout the day before. All we got was a wet ass and a few catfish. We did catch a few behind an island waiting for the tide to turn around, but we moved on. We then bounced around the Sound picking up some heads, a big flounder, and lots of sharks. With the box looking slim we headed back closer in and got on a good bite at a reef till we ran out of bait. It was a tough day, but the guys toughed it out, had a lot of fun, and put together a good box of fish.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                        United Charters
                        Shell Beach, LA
                        504-439-1680

[email protected]
                        www.unitedcharters.com
                        @CaptRoryRorison

Name:	p15966705306799750.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	12752
                        Attached Files
                        Capt. Rory Rorison
                        fishing charters in
                        Shell Beach, Louisiana
                        504-439-1680
                        United Charters.com

Comment

• Fast trout bite in Shell Beach Tuesday with Pete Schmedtje and his son Elliot. The day started out as one of those days when nothing goes right, from flat tire on truck, to baitwell pumps not working. Then the wind that was blowing harder than predicted, but things got better from there. We got to our first and only stop and things started off a little slow. Once we located where they were the guys went to work. By 9;30 we were heading in with limits on ice and beat the heat.

I have openings Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Call or text me to get one or more of them.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          United Charters
                          Shell Beach, LA
                          504-439-1680
                          [email protected]
                          www.unitedcharters.com
                          @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                          fishing charters in
                          Shell Beach, Louisiana
                          504-439-1680
                          United Charters.com

Comment

• Tough, but fun Sunday in Shell Beach. Sunday, I had Anthony, John, Angelo, and Jaden out on the Blazer Bay to catch some speckled trout. We got to our first stop at a reef I have been doing well on and there was a boat tied up to a pole right on the hot spot. We had lots of action, but few keepers to show for. We bounced around a couple spots and got on a slow bite of keepers with plenty more throwbacks mixed in. The tide never did move so the bite was tough, but my guys still managed to put together a good box of fine eating fish and had a lot of fun doing so.

The fishing in Shell Beach is on fire, so get out of the house and get on the water. Fall is just around the corner and with it comes some of the best action of the year. Get on the books now to lock in those choice dates. Call or text now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                            United Charters
                            Shell Beach, LA
                            504-439-1680

[email protected]
                            www.unitedcharters.com
                            @CaptRoryRorison

Capt. Rory Rorison
                            fishing charters in
                            Shell Beach, Louisiana
                            504-439-1680
                            United Charters.com

Comment

• Port Sulphur Trout Trip

Today Peter and I left out of Port Sulphur to fish for speckled trout in the open bays since the wind was very moderate with good tide. We used popping corks and live shrimp including artificial shrimp lures. The fishing was not real great but we moved a lot trying different areas that presented cleaner water. We caught a good number of undersized fish but did manage to keep 24 legal size trout. Fishing was hard under very hot weather conditions. We managed to dodge the rain until we got back home where it poured down raining flooding streets in Metarie and Kenner areas.

Good fishin’,
                              jerrylabella.com

Name:	IMG_5710.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	12756

Comment

Working...
                              X