X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• administrator
    replied
    Port Sulphur Trout Trip

Today Nolan and I left out of Port Sulphur to fish speckled trout. Weather was perfect in every way including the clarity of the water. Action started at the first stop and every other place thereafter. We used live shrimp and various lures, all produced fish. Many throw back, but we still managed to limit out on 50 trout.

Good fishin’,
    Jerrylabella.com
    Jerrylabella.com/forums
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	9967Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2846.JPG
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	9969Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2849.JPG
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	9970
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Port Sulphur Tough Trout Trip

Rough trip today in Port Sulphur.. Water was dirty, winds were higher than predicted and Peter and I ran all over the place looking for trout . The fish didn't start biting to afternoon. We saw a good many boats and none of them were catching a thing. We managed to catch 17 trout and threw back undersize fish at least equal to what we kept.

jerrylabella.com
    jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	trout1.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	9966

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Big Bulls and Big Smiles

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	9963

Day 2 with my five boat charter from Lufkin Texas. The weather was unpredictable this morning, and I thought we would have to cancel. I met up with the crew at the lodge at 7am, and everyone wanted to fish. We discussed the plan while looking at the radar and came up with a game plan. Bull reds with cracked crab was the plan. We departed at 8am and arrived on location shortly after. The crabs went out on Carolina rigs and the action began!! The big Bulls up to 30 pounds came out to eat, and the guys could not have asked for more fun!! Bent rods and all the action they could ask for. Numerous bull reds and bull drum gave the guys all the drag pulling they could ask for. I've never seen a crew before so happy and excited to battle the Bulls!! When I asked them if they wanted to hit the shallows and Catch on plastic, they said "no we want to stay here and battle the Bulls"!! What a incredible feeling it was to see how excited they were and listen to the excitement in their voices. Despite the unfavorable conditions, all of the boats loaded the boats with fish....and all had extremely happy customers. Thanks to everyone who made the trip such success. Looking forward to your return guys, thanks again.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, R Dupont, TLuv Lovell, and K Labat. These guys worked hard in adverse conditions and made all the customers happy. It's great to work with the best Capt's on Bayou Dularge. Great job guys!!!

985-856-4477

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Trout and reds on a Windy day

Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	9962
    I had five boats out today with a big crew from Texas. Weather changed up on us big time and we had to adapt. We all loaded up with live shrimp this morning as insurance and headed to protected areas. The water was clean and green but the bite was slow. We got on a couple good runs on double rigged Matrix Shad, then the bite went dead. Not a single bite on live shrimp. We stuck out trout fishing as long as we could, then headed North to the ponds. We stuck a couple nice reds and a pup drum on Purple Haze Vortex Shad, then called it a day. Tough day compared to the last few weeks, but we did our best to put the customers on fish. Everyone had a good time, thanks guys.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, R Dupont, TLUV Lovell, and K Labat for running the other boats for me. Top notch guides that always work hard to put our customers on fish. Thank you guys.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Lawg Trout

Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	9961

Derrick Glover and crew joined me today. We got on a hot bite at daybreak, as the shrimp and trout were busting the surface all around the boat. Double rigged Matrix Shad was doing its thing as always. Our bite went dead with 51 fish on ice around 8 am. We went pick up a few live shrimp when our fish shut down, and the LAWGS started to hit the box. We added another 30 trout, some puppy drum, bay snapper and a red. The 120 qt K2 was stuffed and we couldn't close the lid!! What a awesome day. Biggest trout of the year so far as we had trout up to 22 inches. Thanks guys for such a great day and catch.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Early Morning Trout

Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	9960

Day 2 with Bisso Marine. After another great night at the lodge and Chef Ricks cooking, we all went to bed full. Being a Saturday we knew we had to leave early to beat the 100 boats going out. We got on location and found the bite to be slow. All of a sudden big shrimp started jumping next to the boat and the trout were eating them up, coming out the water chasing them. It was fish on!! The double rigged Matrix Shad went to work and the trout started hitting the deck!! Everyone was hooked up! Once the school moved it was back to picking away at them. By 9:30 with a solid box of fish, my crew of two said they were completely happy with what we had and we're ready to head in! No problem, we got in, cleaned fish, ate Chef Ricks fabulous lunch, washed the boats and was relaxing. A great two days as always with Bisso, thanks for the continued business.

Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat with Bisso. Capt L Barr and Capt K Labat for running my MMR crew and Capt E Rodrigue for taking care of John Pettigrew and crew. Everyone had a great time today. Good work guys.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Trout on Fire

Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	9959Bisso Marine was back in the lodge with us. Chef Rickie did his thing as usual and everyone went to bed happy. We got up early and made our way out to the fishing grounds. Second cast and it was fish on. After icing down 42 fish the bite was over. We made another quick move and it was fish on every cast again. We made short work and finished it off. Double rigged Matrix Shad as always accounted for all of our fish. No live bait was harmed!!

Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Port Sulphur Great Conditions for Trout

Nolan Franz (former Green Bay Packers and Tulane player) and I left out of Port Sulphur under perfect conditions. We headed straight for Lake Washington oyster reefs to fish speckled trout. First stop action was furious on live shrimp and also lures under corks. Many throw back undersized fish, but there were very nice keepers amongst them too. We totaled out on the keepers of 37, but had to throw back at least another 20 under-sized fish. Though Nolan is a former pro NFL player, the damage from doing so became evident, when he clumsily feel into the live bait box, breaking the hinges off one side of the box. He almost went overboard. Anyway, he managed to snag the biggest speckled trout of the trip and the only sheepshead (striped buck-toothed bandit) of the trip, which was one of the largest I have seen lately.

Good fishin’,
    Jerrylabella.com/forums’
    Jerrylabella.com
    #1 saltwater fishing article’s website for over 2 decades

Name:	box.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	9953Click image for larger version

Name:	sheep.jpg
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	9954Click image for larger version

Name:	trout.jpg
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	9955

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Trout and Reds Making Memories 5-10

Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	9952

Day two with Tom Strange and crew from Texas was even better than day one!! We loaded the Bluewave with live shrimp again for insurance due to the high winds again. We started out over a reef in 3-4 ft of water only catching about 7 fish on shrimp. We saw a flock of birds in the distance diving like crazy, so we made a move. The double rigged Matrix Shad went to work and it was fish on everycast for about 20 minutes. We moved around picking away once the bite slowed down. We trolled around with the Motorguide Xi5 and came up on another reef in 3 ft of water and it was on!! We had trout coming in 1 - 2 at a time everycast for a good thirty minutes. We did have to weed through some of this school, as they were not all big. At 11 we left the trout, as my guys wanted to fight a few reds in the shallows. After dropping the Xi5 Lee was hooked up on his second cast!! Then a couple minutes later a double hook up with some bruiser reds! They ended up hooking 8 and boating six. Catching the reds made the guys trip, memories they will never forget!! Thanks guys for two great days and I look forward to your return.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Day 1 with Texas crew 5-9

Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	9951

Tom Strange and crew from Texas joined me on the Bluewave today. So much for the calm winds we had over the weekend!! We knew it was going to be a challenge with the high winds so we picked up some live shrimp. We tucked into protected water as good as we could and found clean water. The bite was much slower than I expected, even throwing live shrimp most of the day we caught the majority of our fish on Matrix Shad double rigged. Our final stop was the only time all day that the shrimp took the lead. It was a very odd bite, we probably missed 4 x's the amount of fish we caught. No limits today but majority of the fish were 14-18 inches with some going 20. Nice solid fish in tough conditions. All fish were caught over reefs in 3-5ft depths. Thanks guys.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    facebook.com/absolutefishingchartersLLC
    https://Instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Dularge Trout Slam 5-6

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	9950

BISSO Marine made it into the lodge last night. Chef Rick did his magic as always and everyone went to bed happy. The forecast had high winds in the morning calming down midday, so we decided to sleep in late and head out at noon. We were woken up by the smell of bacon around 7am!! Ate breakfast and took another nap!! After lunch we departed with calm winds. The pieces of the puzzle fell into place as it was dead calm when we pulled up and the water was green!! It was fish on every cast on the double rigged Matrix Shad!!! No other baits needed in the boat, as these are the only plastics we fish everyday year round. With 40 fish on ice pretty quick, the bite slowed down. We made a move and found some birds diving and were up to 60 taking a ice bath! One more stop and we had our last 40 fish in about 15 minutes. The bite was so fast and furious it was just sickening!! The fish could not resist our Matrix Shad, don't be fooled by other artificial gimics! Thanks guys for the continued business and incredible day.

Thanks Capt T Miller for running the second boat and putting your crew on the fish.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Father and Daughter Trip

Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	9949
    Day 2 with Joe Simpson and his daughter was another success. We started the morning off fishing for trout with double rigged Matrix Shad. The bite was slow, but we picked away at them. Around 9 we moved to the shallow waters and started throwing the Vortex Shad. The water was so clean we could see the reds when they would hit the baits. It was a gorgeous day to be on the water. Thanks guys for two great days and I look forward to your return.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Hopedale trout trip wind blown

Today I left out of Breton Sound marina to fish the MRGO rocks where reports have it trout are being caught there. I saw boats heading out there, but the wind was blowing at least 20 – 25 mph. When I entered that area in my small 16 ft flat, waves were 4 ft and splashing into my boat, soaking me wet in a chilly wind. I turned around because there was no way even if I were in a bigger boat to fish that kind of rough water. Heading in, I pulled over to an oyster reef to fish and the trout were obliging, sometimes catching 2 at the time, but many under sized throwbacks. I managed to keep 17 fish but caught over double that amount. legal limit is 25.

Good fishin’,
    Jerrylabella.com
    Jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	specs.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	9946

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Brutal Winds and trout

Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	9945

Jacob Richard and crew joined me today. Brutal windy conditions made it tough. It looked as if we were going to get on them at our first stop, but the bite was short lived. It was stick and move the rest of the day. We worked hard and covered some water not finding any fish to cooperate. Got a call from Capt Josh that he was on a few fish, so we made a quick move and started catching too (thanks Capt Josh). It's nice to work with the BEST Capt's in Dularge. Half of our fish came on Matrix Shad and half came on live shrimp. We didn't get near as many as we had yesterday, but we had fun catching what we did. Also caught some crazy looking puff fish that I've never seen before in my life. Thanks guys for the continued business.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Hammer Time Trout Catching 4-28

Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	9944Click image for larger version

Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	9944

What a incredible day despite the forecast this morning. I helped Capt Josh with a three boat charter today. We really didn't know what to expect, but our crew smashed the trout!! No sooner than we pulled up and I dropped the Motorguide Xi5, we were Hooked up. It was fish on one after another on Matrix Shad double rigs. 1-2 at a time were coming into the big Bluewave. Big smiles on everyone's faces and mine!! The fish wanted the baits super slow off the bottom with a twitch. Once this bite ended we had right at 70 fish. Two more moves and we were back on some more real solid fish. Live shrimp under a cork and plastic had them coming in. What a great day with great company, thanks guys.

Thanks Capt Josh for setting up this group.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    4-26 Trout

Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	9943

New customer Emile Leblanc and his wife Melinda joined me today. The bite has been hot the last few days. Wind picked back up, but the water was still pretty green. We started catching as soon as we pulled up at our first stop!! We thought it was on, but the bite didn't last long. After a couple moves we started catching again. The fish were real finicky and would bite in spurts. Majority of all our fish were caught on Matrix Shad with the Crappie Psychic Trout trailers. I picked up some live minnows as a back up plan but only caught 2-3 fish on them as usual!! We worked hard, and were rewarded with some decent fish. No limits but nice quality fish. Customers went home with two stuffed gallon ziplocks of fillets. Thanks guys.

985-856-4477

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Crushed em 4-24

Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	9942

Bryan Ritzheimer and crew were back with me today. It was the day we have all been waiting for. Slick calm seas and clean green water, I knew it was going to be on. We picked up some live shrimp as a back up plan and of course didn't need it!! We got on a early bite at our first stop putting 31 fish on ice. Our second stop found the motherload! The fish were feeding aggressive and hit our double rigged Matrix Shad as soon as they hit the water. The bite was short lived as we jumped to 58 fish and the bite quit. Another short move and we had 70 fish before 9 am. This bite was slow and the other Capt's in our team was on a hot bite not far away. One more stop and finished off the limit. We fished mainly Ultra violet, shrimp Creole, and Limbo slice colors with a slow retrieve in 2 - 10 ft depths. Out of our 100 trout we may have caught 8-10 on live shrimp. We tried the shrimp at every stop with no luck. Matrix was the ticket as always. Thanks guys for the continued business and another great day for the books.

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Great Day Catching Trout 4-22

Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	9940

We had 9 boats fishing out of the Reel Inn this morning. I was helping Capt T out with a five boat group. We departed out the lodge at day break in no rush at all! We got on a decent bite at our first stop, then our bite came to a halt. After a short move we got on a fast and furious bite. The big trout were feeding on shrimp and smashing our double rigged Matrix Shad with Crappie Trout Trailers like there was no tomorrow! The K2 filled up nicely with 15-18 inch trout. Once this bite slowed we made a couple more moves adding fish at every stop. At 12:30 we called it quits with a very respectable box. Thanks guys for a great day, thanks Capt T for setting everything up.

Big thanks to Capt K Labat for taking care of R Russo and crew.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Port Sulphur Lake Washington Speck Slam

Port Sulphur Lake Washington Speck Slam

Today I fished solo for speckled trout in the area of Lake Washington in Port Sulphur. Weather was perfect and the water in that area was very clean. First stop I got a few trout very quickly but they stopped hitting as fast as they started. I was using live shrimp and beetle lures. Moving around over different oyster reefs I got into a good bite, limiting out on fat springtime trout. Great day; great trip.

Good fishin’,
    Jerrylabella.com/forums
    Jerrylabella.com

Name:	specs.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	9939

Leave a comment:

• Capt Marty LaCoste
    replied
    Good to see Silver 4-15

Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	9937

MMR had a big crew in town from Colorado that joined us on Friday. We knew the winds would be blowing, but we had to see what we could find. We started off over a reef in a protected area putting a few nice 16-18 inch trout on ice. We then saw some birds working some shrimp and that's when the fun began!! Double rigged and single rigged Matrix Shad went to work. The schools of fish moved fast and we would only catch 1-3 fish. We finally hit a good school that didn't move on us and started putting a good mess of fish together in the 25mph winds. I was surprised to find some really nice 16-17 inch fish under the birds. Once we had a really nice box of trout I wanted them to experience reeling in some big fish. We dropped some crabs and waited. The tide was hauling in fast and the lines were stretched out quick even with a 3 ounce weight. Finally we had a good take down and boated a big ole Big Nasty!!! Arms were tired and customers were amazed how big it was! We made a move to check another spot and hooked two boating a huge Bull red. Fun times with great people. Thanks for the continued business guys, always a pleasure.

Cancelled all boats today with the 30mph wind forecast. Hopefully Mother Nature will give us a break soon, so we can get back to normal business!

Big thanks to Capt K Labat for running the second boat showing his crew a great time.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477

Leave a comment:

Working...
X