This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt Moore Fish with the King

Pretty day @ the beach yesterday!!!!!! Had a last minute cancellation for Saturday. Had spent the night at the lodge and had a friend come down to look at some work I need to have done. It was soooo pretty that we jumped in the boat to chase a few silver wonders. The tide is very low in the morning and falling. That did not stop the fish from biting. We fished in the back of Hopedale, catching our limit of 50 trout. The trout were in the 12-16 inch range with a few throwbacks. Most of the fish were caught tight lining soft plastics. We used an 1/8 ounce head that made a difference yesterday. The fish are there if you want to get in on some good winter fishing, Check out the prices and give us a call.

WINTER SPECIAL: 3 ANGLERS $450 4 ANGLERS $500.00. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, TACKLE, AND FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!! SPECIAL PRICE ON OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS

Our lodge which is just steps from the boat features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, and two living rooms with flat screen plasma TVís with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Come down and live like a king while you Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Making More Memories

2/4/08 SHELL BEACH REPORT....Spent a really great day today, got to fish with my older brother and my son. My brother and I grew up fishing and hunting together and shared many good times out in the marshes. There are so many great memories and we got to share plenty of them to the amazement of my son who thinks his dad is perfect (LOL). With all the talking going on we were still starting to pick up some trout, I should say my son was, as he was the only one really fishing. We decided to get in on the action too and began catching a few but my son was putting us to shame as his magic minnow Hybred was putting the trout in the boat on a regular basis. We were drift-fishing a small lake in about 4 feet of water and were titelining using a slow steady retrieve. The Hybred was getting the most action but I wanted to get on a Mirro-Lure bite so I put on a 52MS, slow sink silver as there were a few mullets in the area. I didn't hook up fast but the size was better, so I alternated between the two. My brother wanted to try some new baits he had just bought for the trip and they all caught trout but the Hybred wasn't to be out fished. We made a few moves to different areas but the wind was picking up and the dirty water was everywhere, but we picked up a few more in spite of it. We weren't out for meat, just fun and had a respectable day keeping 58 specks and releasing another 10 or so. I really should say that my son caught two thirds of the trout, I'm never going to here the end of how the young guy put it on the two old guys, well it's going to be tough to live with but I think we can handle it. We had a lot of fun and thats what its all about, "MAKING MEMORIES", and I sure have plenty more to be thankful for. ANOTHER GREAT DAY IN THE BLAZER BAY.

CAPT. HOOK / "TEAM ESCAPE"

For Charter Info., Call:
      985 847 0672 H
      504 512 2602 CEL

Comment

• Hopedale Wind-Blown Trout Report

Hopedale Wind-Blown Trout Report,

Today Mickey and I left out of Pip’s Place and before sunup the winds were already heavier than the weatherman’s forecast. We made it in to ¼ Pint Of Fuel Lagoon while it was still dark. First 10 cast, 10 under-sized specks. We worked hard catching trout here and there while most people were out yelling “throw me something mister.” Many boats were out moving around looking for fish and I only saw one other boat land a fish. We fished with corks and various Berkley Gulp lures but just as many fish were caught tight lined using sparkle beetles in tandem with 1/8 oz. jig heads. There was much fog most of the morning and the winds picked up to 25 mph as the day went on. Tide was falling all morning and the fog lifted around 11:00 am. We ended the day with 37 trout and threw back another 15 under sized ones.

Good fishin’,
        Jerrylabella.com
        Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
        http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
        http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Capt Moore fish with the King

Two Day Report from the Beach!! With the lack of tide yesterday and water movement in the back of Hopedale, fishing was slow. Had the pleasure of fishing yesterday with Don and his 3 sons. Caught a few trout in the back of Hopedale but fishing was slow. Decided to go out into Breton Sound and the water was not as clean as it usually is this time of year, but the weather was perfect. We jumped around fishing a lot of rigs. We fished late and ended the day with 1 Red, 8 Puppy Drum, 10 Heads, a few Trout. We might have lost 15 fish all day. The kids had a ball and were real troopers. Today, another picture perfect day. With the lack of tide we went outside and had a better day of it. I fished with 5 guys that came down last night and took advantage of the winter special. Rich and Rick Schega Travis Schega Kyle Robicheaux and Spencer Delee. We had a blast today with 10 Reds, 12 Puppy Drum, 10 Heads and 1 Trout. All the fish were caught on dead shrimp on the bottom. Both groups were a lot of fun to fish with and a good time was had by all. Check out the pictures and the winter special below.

WINTER SPECIAL: 3 ANGLERS $450 4 ANGLERS $500.00. THIS, INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! , WE HAVE SPECIAL PRICING ON OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS WITH YOUR CHARTER

Our lodge which is just steps from the boat features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, and two living rooms with flat screen plasma TVís with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Comment

• Sunday Slow Fishing Report 10!

Sunday Slow Fishing Report,

Today Mike and I left out of Pip's Place and headed to Hopedale Lagoon. Fishing stated slow and ended even slower with today's tide nearly flat. We fished corks and various lures and caught 20 trout and kept 10 and was in by 10. No other boat I observed today caught a fish.

Bad fishin',
            Jerry LaBella

Comment

BEAUTIFUL DAY @ THE BEACH!!!!!!!!! Had the pleasure of fishing today with my brother Harry and Gary Bergeron... Gary had the house next to me and has fished the beach for a long time. With the beautiful weather we went straight out in the sound. The water was clean and we had a god tide. We picked up fish at every stop. Fishing dead bait on the bottom or plastic tipped with shrimp we limited out on big reds turning a few loose. We also had 1 40 pound drum that Gary did great job landing that we also turned lose. We ended the day with 3 reds 8-10 pounds 8 puppy drum 15 heads and 4 trout. We had a few trout bites in the sound today but had trouble hooking them and getting them to the boat. These guys can fish but the trout were short striking. We had a blast with picture perfect conditions. Looks like another front coming through which blows the water out for a few days. Fishing is good for Feb and March. Check out the price below for the winter special.

WINTER SPECIAL: 3 ANGLERS $450 4 ANGLERS $500.00. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, TACKLE, AND FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!! SPECIAL PRICE ON OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS

Comment

SHELL BEACH REPORT!!!!!! With the tide very low and rolling out this morning it did not look good heading into the Biloxi marsh. Had the pleasure of fishing today with Richard Bud Skip and Frank the guys called me up to take advantage of the winter special. With the average trip between 30-60 speckled trout in Feb., the fish ate up pretty good today. We fished SWA and bayou chubs tight lined on the bottom with ¼ ounce jig heads. We ended the day with 90 speckled trout. The water temp was 62 today. The tide fell till 11 AM and then came up hard with the east wind. The group went home with 4 gallon bags of fresh filets. A good group of guys that were a lot of fun to fish with. Cancelled for tomorrow but might try to go Monday if the weather straightens out.

Our lodge which is just steps from the boat features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, and two living rooms with flat screen plasma TV’s with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Last edited by Capt Frank; 02-16-2008, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• Good February Bite

SATURDAY SHELL BEACH REPORT. We made a two man run and with very windy weather and extremely low tides we decided to concentrate on the shallow bayous around the marshes. Titelining Hybred magic minnows and smoke curley tails while moving along over oyster beds with the Minn Kota we started picking up trout at a slow but steady pace. The tide was falling at a good clip and although the water was stained the visability was about two feet. We stuck with it and waited for the tide to switch and when it started to come in the catching picked up for about a solid hour and that was all we needed as we filled our limits and caught and released about twenty more including two redfish. February fishing can be a challenge so you have to pick and choose your days to fish, even though it's a perfect day weatherwise it can be a bad day for fishing. Some of the worst days produce the most fish in the winter, it's just not always comfortable to fish in. "Good luck"

CHALLENGER RODS, ABU REELS AND H&H TACKLE TACKLE HAUL THEM IN AGAIN.

CAPT. HOOK / "TEAM ESCAPE"

985 847 0672 H
                  504 512 2602 CEL

Comment

• Capt Moore/ Fish with the King

FUN DAY @ THE BEACH!!!!!
                    Started off chilly this morning with a strong North wind. Had the pleasure of fishing today with Kelly his 3 year old son John Bob Mike and my brother Harry. John stole the show today. He had a ball and never complained one time all day. He is going to sleep good tonight. The tide was low and falling with the strong north wind. The wind helps move the water when you do not have much tide range. We fished the Biloxi marsh starting in the stump lagoon area. We got in an area with a few fish in it and kept working them. We would catch a few every pass. We ended the day with 48 trout and 1 doormat flounder. All the fish were caught tight lining on the bottom. Capt rory has been fishing with me everyday and will post a report. He had 40 yesterday fishing late. We are back at it tomorrow and will post a report.

Comment

• New Boat Hoist Sheds for Rent Available for 20ft. to 27

Captain Dude!!! Hopedale / Delacroix Island Fishing Report!!!

The Monster Bull Redfish ON!!! Speckled Trout in the Black Bay Already!!!

New Boat Hoist Sheds for Rent Available for 20ft. to 27ft Boats.
                      Some can handle a boat with a "T" top!!!
                      You and your Guests will enjoy beautiful sunsets of scenic Dudenhefer's Bayou and Bayou la Loutre.
                      One of the most popular assets is a Lighted Fishing Main Dockthat offers some of the area's best night fishing.
                      The Main Dock is equipped with Two Picnic Tables, Gas BBQ, Restroom and Fish Cleaning Facilities.

The Catch Saturday Boat 1
                      16 Speckled Trout (1lbs to 3lbs Class!!!)
                      4 Monster Bull Redfish (Limited Out!!!) (1 was 38Ē long 24lbs)(3 Bull Redfish Released!!!)
                      2 Redfish
                      1 Southern Flounder

The Catch Saturday Boat 2
                      15 Speckled Trout (1lbs to 2lbs Class!!!)
                      5 Bull Redfish (Limited Out!!!) (3 Bull Redfish Released!!!)
                      2 Redfish
                      1 Black Drum
                      1 Southern Flounder

The Catch Saturday Boat 3 (Greerís Fishing Team)
                      30 Speckled Trout (1lbs to 2lbs Class!!!)
                      4 Redfish (10 Bull Redfish Released!!!)

The Catch Sunday Boat 1
                      41 Speckled Trout (1lbs to 2lbs Class!!!)
                      3 Bull Redfish (Limited Out!!!)
                      1 Southern Flounder

The Catch Sunday Boat 2 (Greerís Fishing Team)
                      42 Speckled Trout (1lbs to 2lbs Class!!!)
                      2 Redfish

Many Successful Days on the Bayou!!!

Check out The Pictures!!!

We Book Em, You Hook Em, You Catch Em, We Clean Em, You Cook Em!!!
                      Call to book Your Trip!!! Experience some of this Action!!!
                      All you have to bring is a fishing license and what you want to eat and drink.
                      Six Comfortable Private Deluxe Overnight Accommodations for up to 30 People!!!
                      15 Boats ready to serve you!!! Up to 90 Anglers!!!

We are currently fishing with Minnows, Dead Shrimp, and Lures.
                      Take a trip and rip some lips!!!
                      NO hidden charges. Live Bait Included and your fish are cleaned and packaged FREE!!!
                      ďGET DA NET!!!Ē and Letís Go Fishing!!! We have some openings dates left; so if you would like to get in on some Speckled Trout, Redfish, Black Drum and Southern Flounder ACTION!!! Call now.
                      Dedicated to Fishing and Fun from the Single Angler to Corporate Groups with 15 Boats ready to serve you!!! Up to 90 Anglers!!!

Call Captain Dude!!! At:

Dudenheferís Fishing Charters Inc. & Camp Rentals
                      (504) 676-3724 & Cell: (504) 813-FISH
                      Web Site Captaindude.com
                      E-mail [email protected]
                      Donít let fishing with the Dude slip bayou!!!

I Guarantee Fish and Fun!!!

Stay updated on Captain Dudeís!!! Hopedale / Delacroix Island Fishing Report!!!
                      And visit the photo gallery

Get Your Customized Gift Certificates Now!!!

Comment

• Capt Moore /Fish with the King

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!! Had the pleasure of fishing Sunday with some long time friends. Chris Chauvin Geno Fortuno aka Bronco back in the day, his 8 year old son Doc and Randy. Chris Bronco and I use to chase women on a nightly basis. My how times have changed for me. Geno is hair dresser extraordinaire and Chris is in the iron business. We had about as much fun as you can have with your close on. We fished Breton Sound and it was choppy in the morning. We got on a few good bites ending the day with 7 reds up to 10 pounds 15 puppy drum and a bunch of heads. We did not have any room in the box. You could not close the lid. I forgot my camera but did take a picture with my phone. I will put a picture up when my daughter shows me how. Fishing was excellent; a good time was had by all.

Comment

• Change Of Pace

2/24/08 SHELL BEACH REPORT- My son Capt. Tim and I decided to check out the Sound since the water temps were in the mid 60's. We fished about 6 different wells and had some good success as we troll motored around each well throwing H&H cocahoe minnow tails on a quarter oz. jighead. This seemed to be the most consistant rig although we did put a cork on once in a while and it worked on occasion. We changed speeds until we caught a trout and would try to do it again. It was a little choppy but it wasn't too bad so we stayed with it and were rewarded with 2 bull reds which we turned back to fight another day, 42 specks, we kept 31 for the freezer and we never had a throwback which was great. It looks like we are going to have an early Spring and that will be a welcome treat, not counting the gnats.

CHALLENGER RODS, ABU REELS & H&H TACKLE HAULED THEM IN AGAIN.

CAPT. HOOK / ESCAPE FISHING CHARTERS

985 847 0672 H
                          504 512 2602 CEL

Comment

• La. Sportsman Show

La. Sportsman Show
                            LSU Star Jacob Hester Signs Autographs Opening Night

LSU running back Jacob Hester will be in attendance at the Louisiana Sportsmenís Show and Festival to sign autographs for fans on opening night of the Show. Hester will appear at a special ďPurple and Gold Crawfish BoilĒ from 6pm Ė 8pm on Thursday, March 6th.

Other Show highlights include:

Five hundred fishing and hunting booths and boat displays with special Show prices
                            The Dockdogs Big Airô Competition
                            Freestyle Motocross Thrill Show
                            Daily Skeet Shooting Demonstrations
                            Live Bluegrass and Cajun music on the outdoor stages
                            Outdoor Food Festival featuring Dragoís, Galatoires, Outback Steak House, and others
                            Vacation Planning with local and national Outdoor Guides and Outfitters
                            Family entertainment area with midway and thrill rides
                            And much, much more

Location ................. Lamar-Dixon Center, Gonzales, LA

Dates/Times ............Thursday, March 6th 2:00 pm Ė 9:00 pm

Friday, March 7th 2:00 pm Ė 9:00 pm

Saturday, March 8th 10:00 am - 9:00 pm

Sunday, March 9th 10:00 am - 6:00 pm

General Admission ...$8.00 for Adults and $5.00 for Kids

Media Contact ........Bob Del Giorno (504) 464-7363 Don Cooper (504) 339-3899

www.lasportsmenshow.com

Download a Zip archive of promotional photos here:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...dkc5bERIRGc9PQ

Comment

• Capt Moore /Fish with the King

GOOD DAY @ THE BEACH!!!!!!! Had the pleasure of fishing with Tommy Aucoin David David and Randy. These guys all work at Aucoin Hart Jewelry store on Metairie road. Very nice store, real good guys, real good fisherman. We fished Breton sound again and got into some excellent fishing. The weather was picture perfect accept for the fog. Light wind clean water and good tide made for a non stop action day. We ended the day with 6 reds 12 puppy drum and a bunch of heads. Just about every fish we hooked took out drag. The fish are there if we can get to them. The trout are in the marsh at the present time. Not much size to them but the ones I caught a few days ago look like they came out the sound.One hing about fishing, every day is a new day. Give us a call come down and take advantage of our winter special.

Comment

• Last Minute Trip Sunday in Hopedale

Sunday Report in Hopedale!

Greg Simmons called me Saturday night looking for last minute trip; He had an offshore trip booked that washed out. They were in town from Indiana and wanted to fish so fish we did. Winds were a little stiff making things a little bouncy but doable. We worked the edges of the outer bays working the slow bite to build a box of fish. We found one good bite with trot on every couple of cast fore while but with little tide it faded fast. Chartreuse was the color of the day but no corks titeline letting it sink down to get the bites. Finished up fishing Bull Reds with dead shrimp on the bottom. Hooked up with 7 putting 3 in the boat before calling it a day

41 Trout
                                3 Bull Reds
                                Capt. Gene Dugas
                                Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Rough weather, but good fishing Tuesday on the Beach. Reggie Hayes and his dad Pat were in town and fished the day before offshore. The weather looked pretty bad when I got up that morning. It was fast moving with most of it north of us and would be out of the area early. The rain started as we got in the bayou and ended by the time we got up to the MRGO. We headed into the Biloxi Marsh making our first stop in Loutra where we picked up 3 trout fishing on the bottom. Next stop was near Stump where we drifted fishing with LSU Bayou Chubs under a cork. We kept on drifting and picking away at the Trout and there were some big Trout in the mix. The guys fished hard in rough conditions and put together a great box of fish on a windy day. Total for the day was 52 Trout and 3 Reds.

Also fished Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The first two days we stayed in the marsh fighting the wind and no tide, where we caught 40 Trout Friday and 20 Trout Saturday. Got to get outside in Black Bay Sunday were we put some Drum and Heads in the boat, but only found 1 Red for the day.

Blackie Campo?s Marina, the legend continues. Come on down for some of their friendly fast service and valuable advise.

WINTER SPECIAL: 4 ANGLERS $500.00. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! Give Fish With The King a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Capt. Rory

________
                                  Blowjob Tube
                                  Last edited by capt_rory; 04-01-2011, 11:05 PM.
                                  Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  First class speckled trout and redfish
                                  fishing charters in
                                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                  504-439-1680
                                  United Charters.com

Comment

PRETTY DAY IN THE SOUND!!!!! We had a reds and heads day for sure. Had the pleasure of fishing today with Tim and his 8 year old son David along with Josh and his 13 year old son Zackary. A real nice family and we had fun fishing today. They guys caught 7 reds limiting out on big ones catching 5 along with a bunch of heads. All the fish were caught on dead shrimp tight lining. David stole the show catching a beautiful red early on his Zebco. A day they will never forget. Looks like the weather is changing again. Back in the marsh tomorrow with the forecast. Come let us make some good memories for you and your group. Check out the pictures and price for the winter special below.

WINTER SPECIAL: 3 ANGLERS $450 4 ANGLERS $500.00. THIS, INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! , WE HAVE SPECIAL PRICING ON OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS WITH YOUR CHARTER

Comment

• Capt. Gene Dugas Hopedale Report

After canceling 3 trips since January these guys finally got to go fishing. Sam, Aj, and Jay from Denham Spring were rearing to go. The weather was perfect just a ripple on the water. First stop AJ nails a trout on the first cast LOOKING GOOD! We were on the trout but the bite was slow, but nice fish so we stayed at it working the area back and forth with the troll motor catching a fish every few minutes. Corks and titelined Bayside plastics in every color. After an hour things died so on the hunt. Trolled the shoreline picking off a trout or two then ZZZZZ drags running BULL REDS. I hooked up first then Sam landed a 35 inch Bronze Brute. We bounced around all morning never finding a good bite but we caught a couple every where we fished building a nice box of fish. We threw every color plastic I had and caught fish on all of them but none was any better than the other. Water color was stained to dirty you just had to put the bait in front of a fish to get a bite. We had a great day and a lot of laughs and ended up with a nice catch. These guys deserved a good day after 3 cancellations due to weather.

51 TROUT
                                      3 BULL REDS

CAPT. GENE DUGAS
                                      RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURES
                                      985-640-0569
                                      www.RatherBe-Fishing.com
                                      Capt. Gene Dugas
                                      Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

Shell Beach Report!!!!!
                                        The weather was a lot better then they had forecast yesterday. Had the pleasure of fishing today with John Corey Leo and David. If their day job did not work out for them they sure would have a good comedy routine. We hit the open water and we had a foot chop. Made a few stops before the tide started to rise early with not much action. We made some moves and started to put some fish in the boat. We fished dead shrimp on the bottom along with plastics and a cork today. ďWe wended the day with 20 pretty trout 1-3 pounds 25 heads and one red. The wind picked up and the water was getting dirty so we went for the lodge. Cancelled tomorrow with the forecast and the wind is howling at the lodge right now. The trout should kick off soon if the weather would straighten out. Reds heads puppy drum along with a few trout have y been a lot of fun to catch.

Comment

• Hopedale Windy, Low Tide, Dirty Water Trout Limit,

Hopedale Windy, Low Tide, Dirty Water Trout Limit,

Today I decided to head out of Pipís Place alone and toward Delacroix for a change. I entered into Four Horse Lake and went straight to one of my favorite spots and I started catching trout on drift. There was plenty of seaweed scattered throughout the area and the freshwater diversion must have been in operation as the top layer of water was freshwater. The trout werenít big but I did manage to catch a limit of specks (25) and threw back some. Best baits were the Berkley Gulps (white & new penny) under a clicking cork 4 ft. down on 1/8 oz. screw jig head and tandem glow sparkle beetles rigged on 20 lb. Vanish line under a weightless egg cork. Winds picked up pretty heavy as the day approached noon. Tide was low when I arrived but was incoming after 9:00 am but the water in most place in that area was murky but with decent clarity. Water temp was 63 degrees.

Good fishiní,
                                          Jerrylabella.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X