This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Day Catching Trout 12-21-09

Had a real fun day catching trout with John Ewen and Dean Aucoin today. We fished two locations today catching trout at both stops. The guys caught their limit throwing Saltwater Tackle Halographic minnows and LSU Chubs. Trout averaged 15 inch's today with only two throwbacks all day. John added a nice red fish and puppy drum for the grill too. Great time fishing with these guys as there was plenty laughing and joking going on!! Thanks again guys.

Good talking to R.S. And Skippe while waiting for the thick fog to clear.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    [email protected]

Comment

• Nice Reds and Trout in the Biloxi Marsh

Fishing Magician Charters

Today I had the pleasure of fishing with Paul, Chris, and Larry. We fished the Biloxi Marsh catching their limit of 75 speckled trout (12 - 16"), 1 black drum, and 2 nice redfish. All fish were caught 2' under a popping cork using Green Sparkle Beetle.

Early this morning there wasn't much tide. But, after the day went on the fishing picked up.

Today turned out to be a beautiful day. Paul enjoyed himself so much that he is now coming back Dec. 26th to bring his grandson and his sons for a day of fishing.

Sunday evening around 2:00p.m. Bill, Jack and I took off for an evening trip. It didn't take us long to put 63 speckled trout into the boat. There is nothing better than catching fish while watching the sunset over the marsh.

So guys if you want to catch some fish, give us a call. The fish are there and on days like today and last Sunday, there is no better.

Capt. Johnny Nunez
      504-239-3159
      [email protected]

Comment

• Hopedale One Pint Of Fuel Lake On Fire

Hopedale One Pint Of Fuel Lake-- On Fire,

Today Mickey, Dale and I left out of Hopedale to fish One Pint of Fuel Lake and it was very cold with a light breeze. Tide was incoming all day and best action was early morning. We fished clicking egg corks with Berkley Gulps in white 3 inch with ¼ oz screw jigs heads to start with but later switched to tight line tandem rigs with 1/8 jig heads and Saltwater Assassin opening night and sparkle beetles. Action was hot in the middle of the lake drifting, sometimes catching 2 at the time. Many throwbacks, however, but it was a blast catching them. The water was very clean is most areas but the fish shutdown to a halt around 10:00 am. No one was seen catching a thing between the aforesaid time and when we came in before 11:00 am. We kept 41 specks and could have caught more but someone aboard— I won’t say— was too cold to fish when the action was the hottest. We through back at least 20 more fish. Winter action is very god now and you don’t have to go far to catch fish in the Hopedale marsh lakes and laggons.

Good fishin’,
        Jerrylabella.com/forums

Dale smiles as he shows off some of the better looking trout
        Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
        http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
        http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Capt. Moore/Fish with the King

GOOD DAY AT THE BEACH!! Had the pleasure of fishing yesterday with Bill, Ben, Terry, and his son Taylor. They drove in from MS yesterday morning. We left the dock at 9 am to give the water temperature time to come up. I thought it was going to be sunny but it was overcast most of the day. The tide was low rising all day and the water in the marsh was clean. We found a lagoon where they had a few fish and we worked it. We kept drift fishing with a popping cork catching a few fish on each pass. We ended the day with 62 speckled trout. All the fish were caught on Bayou Chugg and a popping cork. The guys were good fisherman which always makes my job easier.

WINTER SPECIAL: 2 ANGLERS $450 3 ANGLERS $550 4 ANGLERS $650.00. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! SPECIAL PRICING ON OVER NIGHTS WITH CHARTERS!!!!!!!!!.

Our lodge, which is just steps from the boat, features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen, four bedrooms, and two living rooms with flat screen plasma TV’s with over 100 channels.

ONE CALL THAT’S ALL WE WILL DO THE REST
          Come down and live like a King while you fish with the King Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

FUN DAY AT THE BEACH!!!! Had the pleasure of fishing today with Matt, Clint, Cody, and Billy. We left the dock this morning at 8 AM. We waited for the rain to past and then made our way toward Lake Robin. We made 3 stops, and caught their limit of speckled trout. All the fish were caught on Bayou Chuggs. The bite wasn’t fast but it was steady. The guys are really good fisherman which make it easier on the guides. Capt. Rory also limited out catching 100 speckled trout. Capt. Mark had 3 anglers from Colorado and Wisconsin. They caught their limit of 75 speckled trout. They couldn’t say enough how much fun they had fishing in SE LA with Capt. Mark. Fishing remains real good at the beach. We have been averaging 50-100 fish per day. We are running a great winter special.

WINTER SPECIAL: 2 ANGLERS $450 3 ANGLERS $550 4 ANGLERS $650.00. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! SPECIAL PRICING ON OVER NIGHTS WITH CHARTERS!!!!!!!!!.

Our lodge, which is just steps from the boat, features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen, four bedrooms, and two living rooms with flat screen plasma TV’s with over 100 channels.

ONE CALL THAT’S ALL WE WILL DO THE REST
            Come down and live like a King while you fish with the King Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Comment

• Fun and Success Were Had in the Biloxi Marsh

Fishing Magician Charters

Today I had the pleasure of fishing with Mike, his sons Mike and Patrick, and his son-in-law John who came in from Tenn. for Christmas. Mike was treating the boys to a morning trip before the Saints game.

This morning we headed to the Biloxi Marsh, which is where we have been fishing. The guys put 61 speckled trout into the boat for 10:30, then we headed to the house.

All fish were caught 2' under a popping cork using Green Sparkle Beetle.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of fishing with Paul Arnold. Paul fished with me last week. Paul enjoyed himself so much that he wanted to get his grandson to experience some of this great speckled trout fishing. He brought his sons-in-law Shaun and Jonas with his grandson Quin.

We also fished the Biloxi Marsh and caught 60 speckled trout. And I have got to say that even with all of the cold weather young Quin caught trout like the best of the them. He was definitely a little "Die Hard" just like the little Energizer Bunny.

If you want to catch some fish and have some fun, Fishing Magician Charters is the one. Give us a call to book a trip that you will always remember.

Capt. Johnny Nunez
              [email protected]
              504-239-3159

Comment

• Incredible Trout Action 12-28-09

Left the launch at 1:00pm with good friend Gavin Maxwell. Wasn't expecting much with cool temps and high winds. But one stop was all it took to reach our 50 fish in less than 30 minutes. Played catch and release on another 50 fish using everything in the box. It did not matter what you threw, it was non-stop action from start to finish. All fish were caught tight line, no retrieve, just throw it out and let the current do the work. All fish ranged from 16 - 18 inches. It does not get any better than this! If you want to book a trip, now's the time. Good Luck Fishin'!

Capt. Ryan Young
                985-855-5909
                www.avidanglerfishingcharters.com

Comment

• Another Dularge Trout Slam 12-29-09

Joining me today were Tony Herques, his son Andrew and there good friend Bennie Thibodeaux. One stop is all it took to reach our limit of trout with one red and one flounder before noon. Incoming tide or falling tide it doesn't matter, the fish are on fire right now. All fish caught on swim baits, any color, with dead slow retrieve. All fish ranged from 16 to 18 inches with a hand full going over 18. Another great day spent with great company. Big thanks to Capt. Bill Lake for setting up the trip! Good Luck Fishin'!

Capt. Ryan Young
                  985-855-5909

Comment

• SWEET Redemption 12-29-09

What a day makes!! Sterling Whitley is in town from North Carolina visiting family. Sterling, his father-in-law Barry Folse, and Brother-in-law Jerry Folse joined me today for sweet redemption from yesterday. The guys slammed the trout & reds and even put a flounder in the box. Only two stops today as we found the fish STACKED and HUNGRY at our second stop. The guys had a blast reeling in over 100 trout, 11 reds, 1 flounder, 1 drum, and 1 bay snapper. Much better quality fish today than previous days. Big fish honors went to Sterling as he caught 3# 5oz trout. Many fish went over 2 pounds. Everything caught on Saltwater Tackle Holographic Minnows drifting on bottom. Great time today and look forward to next time. Thanks guys!!
                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                    985 856 4477
                    [email protected]

Comment

• Happy New Year

My family and I would like to take this time to wish everyone a Happy New Year. For all of our 2009 fishermen we hope to see you again, this is including all of the kids and ladies. In 2010 we hope to make many more great friends.

To everyone at Jerry Labela we would also like to wish you a very successful new year.

Good fishing everyone.
                      God Bless!

Capt. Johnny, Karen, and the Fishing Team
                      504-239-3159
                      [email protected]

Comment

• New Year’s day Strike Out in Hopedale,

New Year’s day Strike Out in Hopedale,Today Nolan and I left out of Hopedale to fish One Pint of Fuel Lake and the winds were very high and so was the tide. We saw only 2 other boats fishing today and a front was incoming ( fish had lockjaw as a result). Fish were biting early morning but shut down completely as the morning progressed under a very heavy canopy of overcast skies and freezing weather. Best bait was opening night fished tight lined in tandem, but the whole day yielded only a dozen trout. We had a blast fishing non-the-less. Fishing will get much better as the fronts diminish.

Good fishin’,
                        Jerrylabella.com/forums

Comment

• Great Trout Bite Continues

Another great day on the Du Slamming the yellow mouths. The trout were eating up like no tomorrow at our first stop for the first 1 1/2 hours of daylight, then shut down on us. Made one more stop and found what we were looking for. Our second location wasn't a fast bite but steady. Big thanks to Travis Miller for throwing me some secret baits so my crew could finish their limit!! For some unknown reason the fish quit hittig our Salt Water Tackle Holographic minnows after boating about 40 fish with them. Really enjoyed fishing with these guys today and look forward to their return this summer. Thanks again guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          [email protected]

Comment

• Grand Slam Lagoon Cold Weather Trout Blast

Grand Slam Lagoon Cold Weather Trout Blast,

Today Roy and I left out of Hopedale to fish One Pint of Fuel Lake under very overcast skies and breezy, cold weather. The winds weren’t as bad as New Years day, however, but the fishing started out dead for 2 hours until the sun peaked through the clouds. Water temp was 47 degrees. We had nothing in the ice chest until we headed to Grand Slam Lagoon and were instantly into a very good trout bite. Action was fast as we were using Berkley Gulps in 3 inch white under an egg clicking cork and ¼ oz. screw jig heads. I decided to test out a chartreuse popcorn beetle with 1/8 oz. banana head jig under the same cork rig aforementioned— and the action was better than ever. We limited out on specs and started catching and releasing. Several other boats were in the area and all were catching fish, including a friend of ours who followed us out. Roy said he never caught so many trout before.

Good fishin,
                            Jerrylabella.com/forums

Comment

• Dularge Smoking Hot Redfish Action 1-6-10

Joining me this afternoon were Jeff Brown from Denham Springs and his uncle Les Brown from Gresham, Oregon. Our first stop had the reds coming in the boat every other cast for a solid hour. All fish ranged from 18 - 25 inches. Decided to leave the reds biting to search for some trout. Worked an area that has been producing some big numbers recently but could not buy a bite. The trout may turn off when the temps drop, but the reds sure do get active. All fish were caught on Tsunami Swim Shads. Thanks guys for a great afternoon and looking forward to your return in a few weeks. If you're looking for a good redfish trip, now's the time. Good Luck Fishin'!

Capt. Ryan Young
                              985-855-5909

Last edited by Capt. Ryan Young; 01-07-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Dularge Charter Discount

Avid Angler Fishing Charters

Capt. Ryan Young

SPECIAL OFFER - All trips booked now through March 31 ONLY $300 + expenses for 1-4 people. Don't let this deal get away. Call today!!

985-855-5909 or email

[email protected]

Comment

• Tennessee Gang

Yesterday turned out to be one beatiful day for fishing for Brad Holliday and friends. The group came down to visit New orlans and sample the great speckled trout fishing in Hopedale La. Well things started slow one or two fish till about mid morning before we found the speckled trout. Drifting with charteuse soft plastic's under corks about 3 ft was the pattern, but only popping the cork very little. The bite was slow but we put a few in the box on each drift. We left the trout to go try the redfish again and just could not get them to bite, I could see them on the flats but no bites lures,shrimp or live cocahoes. Any way it was great to be fishing again after all the cold weather. I did not see any dead fish anywhere in Hopedale and judging from our catch I think we will be ok.

46 Speckled Trout

CAPT. GENE DUGAS
                                  RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURES
                                  985-640-0569
                                  www.ratherbe-fishing
                                  Capt. Gene Dugas
                                  Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

WINDY, OVERCAST DAY AT THE BEACH!!!! Low tide with 3/10 forecast for the day. That was not exactly what I was hoping for my first trip in January. Had trips booked but cancelled them due to the weather and water temperature. Had the pleasure of fishing today with Jack, Coleman, Bo and Josh. Capt. Rocky had not fished in a while so he jumped on. We started off in Stump and Muscle with not one bite. The water was decent but no fish. The wind was hallowing 25 out the SE by this time. This was also a few of the guy’s first time fishing. With these conditions, we were surprised to limit out on beautiful redfish. We ended the day with 25 pretty reds and 4 very happy fishermen. Looks like the weather is going to get bad for a few days but we will get after them after that. GO SAINTS!!!

WINTER SPECIAL: 2 ANGLERS $450, 3 ANGLERS $550, 4 ANGLERS $650. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, IE, OIL, TACKLE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!! SPECIAL PRICING ON OVER NIGHTS WITH CHARTERS!!!!!

Some people tell you about all the fish they catch. We show them to you every time we fish. One picture is worth a thousand words. We have lots of pictures!!!!!!

WHY WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING BUT FISH WITH THE KING!!!!!!! . ONE CALL THAT’S ALL SHOW UP WITH A SMLE AND WE WILL DO THE REST

Campo’s Marina is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps. Nice easy and quick launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. They always give you a generous count on your live bait.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING TRIP. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS. We are just steps from the boats. The lodge features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, two living rooms, flat screen plasma TV’s with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Come down and live like a king while you Fish With The King!

Comment

• Redfish Slam 1-22-10

Dr John Stephenson joined me again today with his brother Paul from New Jersey. We had high hopes of finding the yellow-mouths today, but had to settle for reds! One stop had the reds coming in the boat steadily. LSU chubs and Salt Water Halographic minnows did the trick, as the reds could not resist them. We even hooked a nice two pound trout. After finishing up with our reds we searched high and low for the elusive trout, but only had one more hit the icechest. Spoke with several other boats who had zero fish and two boats that only had two fresh water cats. The trout have thrown us a curve ball, but hopefully things will get back to norm soon. Good luck catching!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      [email protected]

Comment

• Mixed Box Of Fish 1-23-10

Mike Flora, Paul Christian, and Troy Eppinger from St Louis Missouri joined me today. Thanks to Capt Ryan for running the second boat with the other half of the crew. We covered all of lower and upper Dularge not finding many fish. It was at my last stop where we found some fish stacked up. Bait shrimp saved the day as my crew had reds, drum, and sheephead coming in the boat almost everycast. We only found one trout to fall for a LSU Chub (no clue where they are hideing right now!). These guys are die hards and their efforts paid off with a nice mixed box of fish despite the horrible conditions. Thanks to my crew for a great day, looking forward to tomorrow with them.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                        985 856 4477
                                        Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                        985 856 4477
                                        [email protected]

Comment

• A Good Mixed Box 1-24-10

Mike Flora and Paul Christian from St Louis Missouri were the only two to join me today. All the other guys bailed out as they were anticipating poor conditions with rain. No rain at all today!! We started the morning off fishing for Bull reds and Drum. After a slow bite and only boating one Bull Drum we were off to look for trout. Mike hooked a trout on his first cast, then caught another on his fourth cast. No more trout would be had so it was off to Plan C. We went straight to where we left the fish biting yesterday and it was ON!!! The guys ended up hooking up with at least 40 reds (only keeping their limit), plenty drum, sheephead, and 2 flounder. The guys ended the day with a real nice mixed box of fish. Great two days, thanks guys. Thanks also to Capt Bill Lake for makeing todays trip happen.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                          X