This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dularge Reds & Trout ON FIRE

Incredible fishing Down in Dularge as we started the evening out with reds all around the boat and as far as we could see. They were hitting the side the boat and almost jumping in!!!!! It was reds every cast until our arms were worn out!! We left the reds in a frenzy to head for the trout. Fish on again as we had them coming in the boat from the very first cast. No problem getting our limit as we left the trout biting!! Good as it gets, give me a call if you want in on this insane action!! Thanks to my crew for the great company and I look forward to your return in October.
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    [email protected]

Comment

• Dularge Trout and Redfish SLAM

Today I had Tim Barras on board again, he brought his son Josh Barras, and customer Larry Landry. We started offshore catching a few trout and one red. Had LDWF stop by and ask us how we were doing. The agents were very nice and did not even board, just asked if the fish were biting then head North. We also headed North to find the bite we were looking for. We had the trout coming in the boat everycast on the falling tide, then like a switch they turned off when the tide switched. We made one more stop and found the reds STACKED!!! The reds were coming in the boat everycast. It only took us about 35 minutes to put our remaining 19 reds on ice. Fishing is good as it gets right now, so give me a call to get in on this incredible action!!!!!!!! Thanks Tim for another great trip, I look forward to our next trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
      985 856 4477
      Capt. Marty LaCoste
      985 856 4477
      [email protected]

Comment

• Running of the BULLS- RED TIDE

I had the pleasure of taking out Mike Folse and Tony Fontenot this morning to film a show for Sportsman Paradise. We could not have asked for better conditions, as everything worked out as planned. As soon as we pulled up, the RED TIDE was ON!!! Thousands of reds crashing pogies all over the surface. Triple hook up on the first cast, as it only took about 2 seconds for a red to eat up the baits. We decided to throw a bare hook out.....and of course it was fish on within 2-3 seconds in the water. We caught reds for a good 2 hours before the bite shut down, then went look for trout. We were not as lucky with the trout (only catching about five), as the wind had picked up and we had already missed the early morning bite. Mission accomplished though as we got all the red-fish action on film. Incredible sight to see for sure. The show will air on HTV in about two weeks, so check it out. Thanks guys for a awesome time this morning.
        Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        [email protected]

Comment

• New Orleans Westbank Elks Lodge # 2496 3rd Annual Fishi

The New Orleans Westbank ELKS Lodge #2496 has decided to hold their 3rd annual fishing rodeo at Joe's Landing in Lafitte on September 18th & 19th. Entry fee is $25.00 per angler with a guaranteed $2000.00 pay out with five categories. The categories are as follows:
          Bull Redfish
          Redfish under 27"
          Speckled Trout
          Flounder
          Bass

We will pay out each category as follows:
          1st place $250.00
          2nd place $100.00
          3rd place $50.00

Scales close at 6:00 pm on Saturday and at 2:00 pm on Sunday. Ticket price includes food, beer, soft drinks, music and door prizes. We are also raffling off a Shimano Calcutta/Falcon Low Rider Combo for $1.00 a ticket and a icechest filled with fishing tackle for $1.00 a ticket.
          For more info email me at [email protected]

Comment

• Great to be fishing again

Great to be fishing, yesterday I helped out Capt Dude with a group. We started out in very windy conditions with a high tide and coming in hard. Got some live ones from Campo’s and headed to the outside edges in search of trout . Fished where we could out of the wind catching good bit of speckled trout but a lot were too small to keep but fun to catch. Around 9:30 a dozen or so in the box and the wind kicking up we decided to head for the marsh and try our luck with the reds. The redfish proved to be tough as well but I kept on the move and was determined to put box of fish together for thes guy’s. It was one fish here and there and it took awhile but the box was looking a lot better after awhile. Pleasant temps finally and it was a great day fishing as well.

CAPT GENE DUGAS
            RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURE
            985-640-0569 www.ratherbe-fishing.com
            Capt. Gene Dugas
            Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Dularge Trout/Redfish SMACKDOWN 9-3-10

Joining me today were Mark Ogier and Sherrie Stiles from Arkansas. My crew had never caught reds or trout before ever. That all changed today as we put a major SMACKDOWN on both!!!! My crew maul dragged the reds early this morning putting our limit of 15 in the boat by 9am while also fighting many black drum. We left the reds biting in search of the yellowmouths. It only took two stops as we found them stacked up starving for our tantem rigged plastics. The trout were smashing the baits like there was no tomorrow. If you did not have a tight grip on the pole, they would literally pull the pole out your hand. Good as it gets as we were slinging them in the boat two at a time everycast. Lots of memories made today as my crew had the time of their lives!!! Incredible company and a totally awesome time spent with this couple today. Thanks guys for everything, I look forward to your return.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              [email protected]

Comment

• Dularge Redfish Smackdown 9-4-10

What a incredible day smashing the redfish. Had six boats running today with a big group from DOW Chemical. One stop shop as we boated forty redfish today (keeping our 25 fish limit) and many black drum. Over 600 pounds of fish between all the boats were brought to the cleaning table. Over 100 reds, 25 puppy drum, and a few flounder were caught. Everyone had a incredible day on the water catching plenty fish. Big thanks to Capt. Gerald Ellender, Capt. Rob Dupont, Capt Buck Pellegrin, Capt Joel Wakeland, and Capt Tim Stringer for all your hard work and making the day such a huge success. Thanks also to John Eschete at J&C Enterprise for cleaning all the fish. Thanks to my crew and to Al Holliday for putting everything together, great time with you guys and I look forward to duing it again!!

Fishing down in Dularge is on fire, give me a call!!!!!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                Capt. Marty LaCoste
                985 856 4477
                [email protected]

Comment

• Hopedale High Tide Redfish Hit

Hopedale High Tide Redfish Hit,

Labor Day David and I left out of Hopedale to fish the evening for redfish seen the tide prediction stated a falling tide from 2 PM into the night with a 1.7 ft differential. Needless to say the tide was high the whole time we fished because of a SE wind blowing over 20 mph and keeping the tide from falling. We brought live shrimp and also caught live porgies and headed into the marsh behind Hopedale Lagoon. With the tide high we had to go deep into ponds to find the redfish and we worked hard but caught 6 beautiful redfish. We had a great time and came in before dark.

Good fishin’,
                  Jerrylabella.com/forums
                  Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
                  http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
                  http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Another Redfish SLAM 9-7-10

Awesome day on the water today with my six year old son and best friend since high school. We fished from 10-1pm catching our limit of reds. A little bit slower today as they would bite in spurts. It was great to watch my son reel in all these fish as he had a total blast!!! He needed some assistance with some of the bigger fish, but did a great job by himself. Incredible time for sure, thanks Brandon for joining us.
                    If you havent checked out this weeks Sportsman's Paradise show yet, you need to watch it. They recorded some incredible footage of the RED TIDE.
                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                    985 856 4477
                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                    985 856 4477
                    [email protected]

Comment

• New Orleans Westbank Elks Lodge # 2496 3rd Annual Fishi

The New Orleans Westbank ELKS Lodge #2496 has decided to hold their 3rd annual fishing rodeo at Joe's Landing in Lafitte on September 18th & 19th. Entry fee is $25.00 per angler with a guaranteed $2000.00 pay out with five categories. The categories are as follows:
                      Bull
                      Redfish
                      Redfish under 27"
                      Speckled Trout
                      Flounder
                      Bass

We will pay out each category as follows:
                      1st place $250.00
                      2nd place $100.00
                      3rd place $50.00

Scales close at 6:00 pm on Saturday and at 2:00 pm on Sunday. Ticket price includes food, beer, soft drinks, music and door prizes. We are also raffling off a Shimano Calcutta/Falcon Low Rider Combo for $1.00 a ticket and a icechest filled with fishing tackle for $1.00 a ticket.
                      For more info email me at
                      [email protected]

Comment

• Hopedale Redfish Blowout

Hopedale Redfish Blowout,

Today Philip and I left out of Hopedale to fish redfish in the marsh. After launching we used the cast net to catch some live shrimp and porgies. We immediately got into a good catch of redfish limit and one flounder and 2 black drum fishing the mouth of ditches and ponds. After we caught our limit of reds we caught and released another two limits. The tide was falling all day and the wind was moderate under partly cloudy skies.

Good fishin’,
                        Jerrylabella.com

Philip shows of the limit of redfish caught in Hopedale marsh

Comment

• Terrebonne Parish/Great Redfish Action

Big Fun On The Bayou!
                          Our redfish action is our main attraction during the month of September. The trout are in transition for the mostpart and the reds always take up the slack. Tim Haberberger and crew know the drill as they are here for their 5th year in a row to tackle the bronzebacks. This morning they got what they were expecting as usual with easy limits of reds. Not much of a cool front as it was a hot muggy morning. The

crew was oblivious to the heat
                          as they were too busy reeling in redfish after redfish! The guys caught well over 35 reds and loved every minute of it! This crew drove in from Memphis,TN for their annual 2 day adventure and they still say no place compares to Dularge when it comes to catching big numbers of fish. I have to agree and we're all excited and ready for Day 2 tomorrow. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                          985-637-3712

Comment

• Dularge Redfish Action!

Tennessee Boys Rip The Reds!
                            Another great day of fishing with Tim Haberberger, Brian Jenkins, Forrest McCullough, and Jason Johnson. Day 2 was exciting just like the previous day as the crew had a blast whacking the reds. Today it was catch & release as the boys had enough fish on the first day. Reds of all sizes were caught on their 2 day adventure with over 75 fish total. Saw a few nice flocks of bluewings the past 2 days but nothing to get excited about as the numbers don't seem to be in our area. As usual Tim and his crew kept their 5 year streak alive with limits of reds every trip down on the DU! Always a pleasure to fish with these guys and their business is surely appreciated. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                            985-851-6015
                            985-637-3712

Comment

• Reds Save The Day!

Our original plans to catch trout didn't work out as 3 stops off the coast produced a goose egg. Plan B was put into effect and it wasn't long before we had the reds coming in the boat. Charles & Samantha Parker caught their 10 fish and I added another 5 for our 15 fish limit. The couple had fun catching fish and they will come back in November for some quality trout action. LSU chubs did the damage with reds averaging 16-24in. Pictures posted later. Good luck fishing.

Comment

• Two days of fun on the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Omar and Keith over the weekend. They are from San Diego and come in to fish with me regularly. On day one we focused on Reds, heading over to the Delacroix area. It took two stops for us to put our limits of Reds on ice. We then moved over to a deep bayou that has been holding some Drum. The guys put 10 keepers on ice fishing with shrimp on the bottom. Total for the day was 15 Reds, 10 Drum, 2 Heads, and 4 Trout.

For day two we headed out to Bay Eloi for some Trout. At our first stop we put a few in the boat, but there were lots of little bait stealers eating up our live shrimp. With a shower headed towards us we may a move around the weather and set up at another rig. Here the Trout were eating up our Campo?s live shrimp under a cork. We had our 75 in the box before 10am and went to the marsh to look for some Reds. The guys picked up a few Reds and a couple of Drum to add to the Trout. We all also got to battle with some monster sized Drum that were released.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the fall/early winter fishing is on fire. This is some of the best fishing of the year. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo?s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo?s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                United Charters
                                Shell Beach, LA
                                504-439-1680
                                [email protected]
                                www.unitedcharters.com

________
                                Squirting xxx
                                Last edited by capt_rory; 04-01-2011, 11:16 PM.
                                Capt. Rory Rorison
                                First class speckled trout and redfish
                                fishing charters in
                                Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                504-439-1680
                                United Charters.com

Comment

• Dularge Fishing!

Dularge Redfish Action

Good fishing yesterday with Bill Reisack and crew from Houston,Tx. The trio all are out of state and wanted to catch Louisiana redfish. They are here for a 3 day adventure.A very windy day yesterday so we decided to bottom fish instead of working the duck ponds. Our first stop produced a few reds but the mammoth size Blackdrum were herded up like cattle and it was one fish after the other with 25-40lb fish. The guys loved the action but it was not what we were looking for. Our second stop found the crew ripping in some nice reds on every cast but that soon played out as the big drum were present there too. A few more reds were caught at our next stop along with sheepshead, channel catfish and more drum. We filled the box with a variety of fish and the guys had a great time doing the DU! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                                  985-851-6015
                                  985-637-3712

Comment

• Hopedale Marsh Trout Trip

Hopedale Marsh Trout Trip,

Today Brandon and I left out of Hopedale to fish ¼ Pint of Fuel Lake and upon arriving to our first spot we discovered that the marsh trout have finally made their appearance. The tide, however, was extremely high and the weather early morning was calm but the winds picked up as the morning matured. Using Berkley Gulps 3 inch (white and new penny) with ¼ oz. screw jig heads under clicking egg corks, we sporadically caught specks drifting across the lagoon. We must have thrown back at least 10 undersized trout but the main problem was the tide refused to fall due to a brisk southeasterly wind that developed as the day went on. This caused the trout bite to go flat. We tried for reds but the tide was too high, however, Brandon did manage to catch the only redfish right before we decided to leave around 10:30 am. We ended the trip with 20 specks and one redfish

Good fishin’,
                                    Jerrylabella.com/forums

Brandon was glad he made it for this trip as he shows off one marsh redfish and one trout.

Comment

• Dularge Reds!

Dularge Redfish Action!

Another great weekend of whacking the redfish 'DOWN IN DULARGE'! Bill Reisack, Art Roerink and Dale enjoyed their 3 day adventure. Day 2 with Capt Gerald Ellender found the crew busting up the reds and blackdrum. Limits of reds and puppy drum were caught and the guys had a blast catching the mammoth size drum too. Day 3 today was the best yet as the reds really showed up in full force. Too bad for Bill as he had to get back to Houston and didn't make the trip. Art & Dale ripped up the fish catching 37 reds and 22 blackdrum!! We kept our limits of each and released the rest. The guys easily caught over 100 fish on their trip and I know they'll be back for more! Sure was a pleasure to fish with Bill & his friends.....great guys to spend the day with on the water! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                                      985-851-6015
                                      985-637-3712

Comment

• Transition trout

Britt, Josh, Jeremy , and Mike made the trip to Hopedale ready for some speckled trout and redfish action. These guy’s have been with me a lot over the years and they alway’s have a good catch and good time this day was no different. The windy conditions had things starting out slow but when we got on the speckled trout they were coming the boat steady with both plastic,s and live shrimp. Well the wind finally got to strong and shut down the trout. We hit some points and ponds and put some redfish in the box to top off the pile of trout. Great day with some really good guy’s. They can’t wait to come back in the fall and do it again.
                                        80 SPECKLED TROUT
                                        5 REDFISH
                                        2 DRUMS
                                        CAPT. GENE DUGAS
                                        RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURES
                                        985-640-0569 www.ratherbe-fishing.com
                                        Capt. Gene Dugas
                                        Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Hopedale Qne Pint of Fuel Lake Total Fish Explosion

Hopedale Qne Pint of Fuel Lake Total Fish Explosion,

Today Captain George of the Cajun Queen and I left out of Hopedale early morning and got on the water when still dark to catch some live bait under camp lights to fish redfish and trout in One Pint of Fuel Lake. One cast under the light and I must have had 70 live porgies. We got on our spot and was fishing in the dark awaiting the sun to rise a bit. Using Berkley Gulps and clicking egg corks with ¼ oz. screw jig heads, we were catching specks and reds before the sun light became evident. One spot we trolled upon had so many reds that every cast we were hooked up within 30 seconds with redfish in the 18 – 24 inch range. Live porgies worked best but they would hit the Gulps as well but not as fast. We limited out on the redfish in 15 minutes and left them biting. They were literally exploding the water’s surface as we left and trolled away from the grassy bank side. Tide was perfect, falling all morning with little wind. Skies were pleasantly overcast as well. We drifted away from the bank and started catching more speckled trout. We threw back at least 20 undersized but kept 50 for our limit. We were back at the launch at 10:00 am, boxed full of fish and all smiles.

Good fishin’,
                                          http://jerrylabella.com/forums

George never had such a fishing trip in his life and has never seen fish that actively feeding.

Comment

Working...
                                          X