X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Slam!

Dularge Redfish

Great action with the reds today ! 20 reds along with a few puppy drum this morning with Steve Gogreve, John Drago, and Hamp Bryan . Finished up around 9 am with everyone catching their limits of fish. Big thanks to Capts Travis Lovell and Gerald Ellender for helping out with the 10 man crew. Sure was a fun bunch of guys to fish with lots of laughs. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
    985-851-6015
    985-637-6712

Comment

• Dularge Fishing 9-24-10

Mike Simon joined me today, and trout was on the menu. We started the morning off searching for birds, but there was none to be found unlike the previous three days. We switched our focus to fishing the reefs and islands and started picking up 14-16 inch trout on Saltwater Tackle Holographic Minnows. Later on we found some bird activity and had the trout coming in two at a time, but mostly pecker trout. Around 11:00 we started fishing for reds, slower activity in the ponds today as we could only find five reds to make the box. It was a pleasure fishing with Mike as we cut up and joked around all day. Thanks Mike!
      Capt. Marty Lacoste
      985 856 4477
      www.absolutefishingcharters.com
      Capt. Marty LaCoste
      Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
      985 856 4477
      [email protected]

Comment

• Dularge Trout and Reds 9-25-10

12 year old Little Jerry Bourgeois big drum fishing with Capt Wendy

Had three boats out today with Mike Simon and crew. The guys were fishing a company rodeo today. Our main goal was to target trout in the morning then reds. We started it off early slinging a few keeper doubles in the boat and a couple rat reds in the mix. Lots of running today as the trout were a little more elusive. Trout are definately showing up all across lower Dularge as we caught trout at every stop (just not many numbers, fish are scattered). It should not be long before the trout BUST LOOSE though. We left the trout to search for reds and it didn't take long for Trent to get the first one in the box. Four more in a row after that. We wanted to try for some bull reds for the rodeo, so we headed off to soak crabs (no bull reds to be found only bull drum). We called it a day around one so the guys could get to the weigh in. Everyone had a great time catching plenty fish. Thanks to Capt Buck Pellegrin and Capt Wendy Billiot for helping with the two other boats making the trip a success. Big thanks again to Mike for putting everything together and for the great hospitality at the camp Fri night (surf and turf was awesome!). lookIng forward to our next trip Mike, you had better get PUMPED UP buddy!!!!!!!! LOL

Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        [email protected]

Comment

• Dularge Redfish Action!

Fun Day On The DU!

A beautiful day spent in the south Louisiana marsh. Lots of fun with the reds today with Charlie & Nancy Graml along with their friend Russ Briggs from Texas. We caught our 20 reds on an assortment of lures with the LSU chub working the best for us. Very nice fish today with 4 over 27in and all between 18-26 inches. Looking forward to Day 2 tomorrow. Big thanks to Capt Travis Lovell for fishing with David Wilson and Mike Baumann from Texas. They had a nice box of reds for their efforts. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
          985-637-3712
          985-851-6015

Comment

• Dularge Reds!

Slamming the reds 'DOWN IN DULARGE'! Day 2 with Charlie Graml was another successful day. Joing us was his daughter Anna Graml and Russ Briggs. Nancy stayed at the camp bonding with their black lab puppy. lol ...We had a great time on the water chasing the bronzebacks catching their limits on a variety of Bayou Chub Minnows. The new colors worked well for Russ as he caught fish on the red/chartreuse, orange/chartreuse and a few on the lime/chartreuse as well as the LSU chubs. The reds were a little finicky at times but we kept moving until we found the fish sometimes with double hook-ups. Anna did extremely well taking moms place as she had some big shoes to fill. Everyone caught fish yesterday and the weather could not have been any better. We finished up with a nice box of fish...17 reds and 5 trout. All were caught in less than 2 ft of water working over the ponds and inland marsh. Thanks guys for a great time! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
            985-851-6015
            985-637-3712

Comment

• October Trout Are Here!

Dularge Trout Fishing

Back to what I like to do best.....trout fishing!!! I had the pleasure of fishing with Keith Stevens and Mark Fontenot in Marks brand new 23ft bayboat. Due to stiff north winds we looked for some protected shorelines and the trout were waiting for us. The 3 of us reeled in trout on every cast limiting out in 45 minutes with 75 beautiful fish. Non-stop action to say the least as the fish were eating up our LSU chubs as quick as we could cast it to them. We slimed up the new boat and the guys had a blast catching fish. What a morning!!!! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
              985-851-6015
              985-637-3712

Comment

• Venice Overnight Slam

Venice Overnight Slam,

Saturday evening Joshua, James, and I left out of Venice Marina to night fish one of the SW Pass spillways. Our first stop was SW Pass West Bay rocks where we found non-stop redfish action fishing straight down with fresh shrimp and drop leader. Redfish were coming aboard between 23- 28 inches. We got tired of catching them and left it to head to our night spot with the generator and lights. Once the sunset and the lights took affect, there was non-stop trout action on Berkeley Gulps fished Carolina rigged. Almost every cast we were pulling in one after the other. These were mostly white tout but there were very few speckled trout as well. It's usually the opposite, but I think the salinity was not just right. Colder weather also helps bringing them in here as well. Anyways, James and Joshua fished all the way into the morning hours until 4 am. I went to bed at 9:30 AM. When I got up at 6 am to clean the mess up, they had all the built-in fish boxes filled to top besides the 155 qt ice chest I brought aboard. They must have caught over 300 trout and many reds… more than we wanted. The trout were chasing shrimp and porgies out of the water all night under my lights and they told me they never stopped biting as long as the lights were on.

Good fishin’,
                Jerrylabella.com/forums
                Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
                http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
                http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Shell beach report

BREEEEEZY @ THE BEACH!!!!!! Capt Jakamo has fished for the past 2 days. He has had good trips both of them . Yesterday he had 40 trout and 22 reds. Today he had 50 trout 6 reds 3 heads and 3 puppy drum.. All the fish were caught on Campos live shrimp in the Biloxi marsh. He and Rory are back at it tomorrow and will let you know how they do. The colder temps usually make the fish turn on in the marsh. We have been on a good bite all fall in any conditions. Give us a call 504-881-9966 504-887-4960

Comment

• Dularge Fishing

Dularge Trout & Reds

Great weather & great fishing 'DOWN IN DULARGE'! It just don't get any better as Tom & Wilson Porche found out for themselves how good our fishing in October can be. Trout are feeding heavy on shrimp and hitting whatever we throw at them, mostly LSU chubs. The new colors are also working well for me and my customers. It took us less than 2 hours to catch 75 nice trout and we added another 15 reds before heading back to the dock. Just enough wind to keep the bugs away as this cool weather is what we've been waiting for. Water temps are dropping and trout are moving in everyday. We have the boats, experienced captains,lodging,meals,fish cleaning and anything else you need for a successful trip to the DU! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
                    985-851-6015
                    985-637-3712

Comment

• Hopedale Smack Down Fishing!

DOUBLE SMACK DOWNíS
                      Back to back last two days were pretty much the same story SPECKLED TROUT and REDFISH in the interior marshes in Hopedale. Both days got right on the trout early with live campo shrimp and plasticís under corks. Fishing the moving tide at the mouthís of lakes and points with moving water. After the limits were full on trout we moved a little closer to the shoreline and the redfish were there ready to take our shrimp and do battle. AWESOME two days and great fall weather. The Fall Fishing is ON some give me a call and come catch you some!
                      LIMITS of Speckled Trout and Redfish
                      CAPT. GENE DUGAS
                      RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURES
                      985-640-0569 www.ratherbe-fishing.com
                      Capt. Gene Dugas
                      Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Hopedale One Pint of Fuel Lake Trout Hit

Hopedale One Pint of Fuel Lake Trout Hit,

Today Oliver and I left out of Hopedale to fish trout and redfish with live porgies and Berkley Gulps under egg clicking corks. We go there while it was still dark so I could throw the cast net for bait under lighted boat shed lights. There wasn’t a whole lot of bait and this usually indicates how the fishing will be. First stop was for some reds but it was clear that they were not cooperating. The tide was falling all morning under perfect weather conditions but it may have been falling too fast. We wasted a bunch of time trying for reds in various hot spots but to no avail. I caught one under size red but that was it. We started drift fishing for specks and they were very much obliging. New penny and white 3 inch shrimp Gulps worked fine but not as good as the new Berkley ripple mullet glow with chartreuse tail (hard to find since they are very new). These lures are unbelievable and put larger trout in the boat more consistently. We fished until we couldn’t stand the bright sun any longer, though the trout were still obliging. We headed in for launch and picked up around 11 am. We ended the trip with 38 nice specks and threw back at least a dozen under sized ones. Oliver said he never caught trout before until this trip.

Good fishin’,
                        Jerrylabella.com/forums/

Oliver shows off a nice catch of Hopedale trout

Comment

• Dularge Fishing!

Dularge Fishing

Enjoyed my weekend 'DOWN IN DULARGE'! This great weather continues and fall fishing is underway. The crisp mornings just want to make you be out on the water enjoying the outdoors. The weekend started out great with a good meal Friday night courtesy of Shawn Whitney. Shawn caught our dinner during the day and it was fresh trout on the menu for his guests. Bryan Richardson and his 10 yr old twin boys Ben & Matt joined us later that night and were excited about their fishing trip on Saturday. Saturday morning I fished with Brian and the boys along with deckhand Dead-eye Chris and Capt Gerald Ellender fished with Ben Harang of Thibodaux and his friend. There were boats everywhere as it looked like most were chasing down trout under the birds. I decided to bottom fish for reds to give the youngsters all they could handle. Capt Gerald started off trout fishing with his crew. Ben & Matt were wore out by the end of the day from reeling in the big fish. We probably caught in excess of 30 fish with the reds being scarce as the blackdrum were out in full force. We ran out of bait at Grand Pass as everyone was reeling in fish on every cast! Capt Gerald had a box of trout and a couple reds with both groups having a great time. Shawn & his crew busted up some redfish along with a few trout. Enjoyed a fun filled evening watching the LSU game with my brother Tommy Lake and his son Gavin. They had a small window to fish and caught a good box of bass,redfish and fw catfish. A perfect weekend with friends & family.......up until the Saints loss this afternoon. Doug Wood from Monroe, La. arrived this afternoon for his trip in the morning and we're all hoping for a successful trip. Good luck fishing.

Capt. Bill Lake
                          985-851-6015
                          985-637-3712

Comment

• Got 'em in Hopedale

Had Ray Loupe, Collin Murphy and Ray Laviolette on board yesterday and had a great day fishing. We got a little bit of a late start around 8:00 am but the first stop had trout coming in the boat. The bite did not last long as soon as the tide quit it was over. Ran little ways to find the tide starting to fall and got on a few more trout and a nest of redfish and the box was looking good. We found some birds working and wee catching trout every cast with only a few throwbacks but most going in the cooler, Left them biting and hit the dock at 2 :00 pm with a nice load of fish
                            70 trout
                            9 Redfish
                            3 Drum
                            1 Flounder
                            CAPT GENE DUGAS 985-640-0569
                            www.ratherbe-fishing.com
                            Capt. Gene Dugas

Comment

• Good Times DOWN IN DULARGE

Matt Reitzell and his dad joined me today. We started out the day chasing birds catching small pecker trout just about every-cast, (not a single keeper). Moved over to a reef and it was on from the first cast, all keeper specks. The bite didn't last long though as it shut down just as fast as it started. With only seven fish on ice it was time to move to the HOT SPOT. Fish on!!! as I dropped the powerpole and we caught fish every-cast for a good hour. We had all keeper specks coming in the boat for a good 20-30 minutes then the white trout showed up. All the white trout you want as all you had to do was throw your bait in the water and you had one every-cast. We left our hole to go and check several other areas. No luck as we only picked up a couple more fish. We returned to our two good holes when the tide started to fall to find several more fish, but nothing steady. Off to hit a few banks to put a few reds on ice. We managed three reds and watched several others swim by the boat. Matt's dad caught his first red ever and had a great time fighting it, (Very nice red for your first one!!). Biggest trout went 17 inches today, all keeper specks caught under a cork. Thanks guys, it was a pleasure fishing with you.
                              Capt. Marty LaCoste
                              985-856-4477
                              [email protected]
                              Capt. Marty LaCoste
                              985 856 4477
                              [email protected]

Comment

• Hopedale One Pint of Fuel Lake Trip

Hopedale One Pint of Fuel Lake Trip,

Today Brandon and I left out of Hopedale under the darkness of early morning to first try catching live bait under camp lights. This usually indicates how the fishing will be. First cast yielded nothing, and I thought: “This doesn’t look good!” Various other bait areas yielded nothing as well. Tide was incoming till 9:00 am but falling thereafter with a differential around 1.2 ft. Weather was perfect conditions with clear skies and light winds. Our first real fishing spot, when the sunlight became evident, proved to be a smash—a cut at what we call “Jerry’s Lagoon” located on the edge of One Pint of Fuel Lake… yielded flounders, reds, drum, and speckled trout. We fished them with egg clicking corks and the new Berkley Gulp ripple mullet, white glow and chartreuse tail and ľ oz. screw jig head. The action was fast but was short-lived. We then drifted the lake and sporadically caught specs. It was slow fishing. But Brandon and I didn’t give up. One charter boat fishing live shrimp, however, was catching trout very consistently; but we hate having to use live bait. All other boats in that area experienced slow action on artificials as well. We, however, were satisfied with our catch that ended around noon. We had a couple of nice reds, a couple of doormat-sized flounders, and around 30 specs and one throw-back black drum. Trout throw backs were around 10.

Good fishin,
                                Jerrylabella.com/forums

Brandon smiles as he shows off one nice red and flounder caught on artificials

Comment

• Another great day on the Beach. I have been fishing a lot as of late, mostly trips for Capt. Frank. The fishing has been outstanding along with the weather. Sunday my group was supposed to be my brother Stan, his daughter Sydney, one of Stan?s friends Tim along with his wife and two kids. I got a phone call while I was getting things ready that Tim?s family was stuck in Ponchatoula and was not going to be able to make it. So it was just Stan, Sydney, and me. As we left Campo?s we saw some birds working in the MRGO. We headed over to check them out and found the Trout eating on shrimp. Sydney was having a blast catching the biggest Trout of the day and also the only Red. Once this bite faded out we moved over into Lake Borgne and got on another good bite with Campo?s live shrimp under a cork finishing of our limits. It was a fun day of fishing with my brother and niece.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and this is a great time of year to be on the water. The fish are close in, hungry, and the weather is so nice. This is going to be an outstanding fall and winter fishing season, so don?t miss out on the fun. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo?s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo?s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  United Charters
                                  Shell Beach, LA
                                  504-439-1680
                                  [email protected]
                                  www.unitedcharters.com

________
                                  Interracial Redhead
                                  Last edited by capt_rory; 04-01-2011, 11:17 PM.
                                  Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  First class speckled trout and redfish
                                  fishing charters in
                                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                  504-439-1680
                                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Fall Fishing in Hopedale AWESOME!

Well guy's the last several days have been outstanding fishing in different weather conditions each day from windy to calm high tide no tide and low water. Does not matter it is that time of year and the trout and redfish are migratiung into the marshes for the fall and feeding getting ready for the winter. The fishig will be great all the way thru Christmas until things get too cold. Hey the pictures say it all happy anglers catching lots of fish, Come down and I will put you on them and put you in the pictures.

CAPT. GENE DUGAS
                                    985-640-0569
                                    http://www.ratherbe-fishing.com/
                                    Capt. Gene Dugas

Comment

• Hopedale Redfish n Flounder Trip

Hopedale Redfish n Flounder Trip,

Today Peter and I left out of Hopedale to fish One Pint of Fuel Lake. The tide was high but was predicted to fall all morning. We stopped off at one of the camp lights to test the water for bait. One cast and I came up with only large mullets and one porgy. This usually indicates how the fishing will be in the area-- not good. Winds were calm when we first got to our fishing spot before sunrise but the wind eventually picked up to over 20 mph as the morning matured. We eventually happened on a redfish spot that yielded flounder as well. Most were caught on the Berkley Gulp 3 inch shrimp new penny under clicking egg cork. After we put a few reds and flounder aboard, we decided to try drift fishing for trout, but the trout fishing on artificials was slow. Peter caught 5 under sized trout and I caught one keeper size. He used glow sparkle beetle under a pooping cork. Most boats left the area before the wind got too high as the fishing was slow. One boat was using live shrimp and was catching some trout. We concluded the trip with 5 redfish, 3 flounder and one speck and came back at the launch around 11:00 am.

Good fishin’,
                                      Jerrylabella.com./forums

Comment

• Capt. Moore/Fish with the King

SHELL BEACH REPORT!!! Capt Jakamo and Capt Ronnie fished with me today. Both guys had decent days. Jakamo fished with good friends Ray King, Gary Gagliano, Mike and his son Parker. Both Captains worked for their fish today. Capt Jakamo ended the day with 55 speckled trout, 8 puppy drum and a few reds and heads. They also got into some bull reds and bull drum that they turned loose. He said they had a fun day and are coming back next week for 2 days of fishing. Capt Ronnie fished with the Ed Hughes group of 4 anglers. They also had a decent day catching 61 speckled trout and 1 redfish. Winds picked up down here at the beach. It is blowing 15-20 out the SE and the tide is rising for those of you fishing tomorrow. We have open dates next week and would love to take you fishing.

The fishing is really good at the beach. Give us a call if you want to catch the yellow mouth fever.
                                        Some people tell you about all the fish they catch. We show them to you every time we fish. One picture is worth a thousand words. We have lots of pictures!!!!!!
                                        If you want to learn a new area we can show you more in one day then you can learn in 10 days on your own.

Before booking your next trip, check out the pictures we post every day!!!!!!!!
                                        WHY WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING BUT FISH WITH THE KING!!!!!!! . ONE CALL THATíS ALL SHOW UP WITH A SMLE AND WE WILL DO THE REST
                                        Campoís Marina is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps. Nice easy and quick launching with helpful advice from the Campoís is waiting for you. They always give you a generous count on your live bait.
                                        GIVE US A CALL FOR PRICING AND TO BOOK YOUíRE NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR PRICE INCLUDES GAS, BAIT ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! WE HAVE DELUXE OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS. LET US MAKE YOUíRE NEXT FISHING TRIP A MEMORABLE ONE.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING TRIP. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS. We are just steps from the boats. The lodge features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, two living rooms, flat screen plasma TVís with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Come down and live like a king while you Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966.

Comment

• Smokin the trout down in dularge 10-27-2010

Travis Miller, Chris Venable and I hooked up this morning 'DOWN IN DULARGE' with adverse conditions presented to us. I had no doubt that we would put fish in the boat no matter what the conditions that were handed to us. We left the dock after sunrise and it only took us 'ONE STOP' to fill up the box. We started catching trout under corks, but when the birds started working we switched to double rigs. We had the fish coming in the boat six at a time, as it was 'AS GOOD AS IT GETS'. The trout were 'ON FIRE', filling their bellies with shrimp and busting the water feeding on shrimp like they were going out of style!!!! All keeper specks going 13-16 inches, no need to measure any of them. Looks like the keeper specks are really moving in and things should only get better with the next few cold fronts. Today's fish were all caught on plastics baits, NO LIVE BAIT NEEDED. Thanks guys for a awesome day of trout fishing.
                                          November is booking up fast, so it would be wise to call now if you want in on the incredible action. Good luck fishing!!!!
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          [email protected]
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                          X