This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout 'BUSTIN' Continues 11-23-2010

Fun time today fishing with Greg Pecot, Beau Sylvest, and Mike O'Connor. These guys came down from Baton Rouge to bust up some trout, and did just that. The guys didn't care about catching limits, they just wanted to have fun. No problem as we had plenty fun BUSTIN up the trout!!! We Started the morning out slinging in the trout every-cast as the shrimp were running for their lives on top of the water with the yellow mouths in HOT PURSUIT!!!! Perfect morning with no wind and gorgeous green clear water. Good as it gets 'Down in Dularge'. Sparkle beetles under corks and bouncing LSU chubs did the major damage today. When our morning bite shut down we made several moves scouting, catching fish at everystop. We also hooked up with six reds (four being bull reds), 2 drum, and 1 flounder. We missed you Kirk, hope your feeling better. Thanks guys for a splendid day!!
    Big thanks to Capt. Rob Dupont for taking care of Josh Norton and crew yesterday. They caught over hundred trout with keepers and throw backs. Filling up a SOLID box and having lots of FUN!!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    captmartyl@yahoo.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Hopedale Thanksgiving Day Near-Launch Slam

Hopedale Thanksgiving Day Near-Launch Slam,

While most people were passing sliced turkey and cornbread dressing, David and I were passing the hook disgorger and landing net to each. Fishing started slow but ended fast and furious. Not many boats out today, as we left out of Hopedale to fish One Quart of Fuel Lake under overcast skies and a very high tide. We headed to one of the openings entering into the lake and only caught one black drum. We fished with Berkley Gulps and egg clicking corks tipped with shrimp. With the tide so high, I knew the fishing would be slow until the water started falling, bringing with it bait from the inside marsh onto the open lakes and bayous. So we decided to head deep into some of the marsh duck ponds for redfish. It wasn’t long before we put 3 nice-sized redfish in the boat and then headed out to the middle area of the lake to drift fish for speckled trout over the oyster reef. It was obvious that the trout were not yet obliging, even though the water had very good clarity but the tide was still not cooperating. At this point, we headed for the MRGO rock damn, where plenty of white trout, croaker, flounder and redfish had been obliging for the last past several months- a literal unparalleled fishing explosion. After rigging up double bottom drop leader rigs, tipped with shrimp, we caught a few croaker and white trout to cut up for tougher bait. This is a more productive bait than the shrimp pieces since they are easily nibbled off the hooks too fast. Croaker and white trout are actually cannibalistic, thus will eat the flesh of their counterpart. Fishing was so fast and various once we got the feeding frenzy going with the use of some fresh cut chum overboard, we were pulling fish in 2 at the time- sometimes the hooks wouldn’t hit bottom before two fish would hit the baits and get hooked. We ended the day with over 100 fish, mostly white trout with small croakers mixed in. David, right before we were ready to conclude the trip, latched into a 35-pound monster bull redfish that we landed and released. It was a great trip, and we left the area with sore arms and back from the intense fishing action in this area.

Good fishin’,
      Jerrylabella.com/forums
      Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
      http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
      http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• About as good as it gets at the Beach. The fishing right now is some of the best of the year and close to the launch. The mild weather has made for some very nice days to be on the water. The Pat Tesson group of three had a great day. We made one stop in Lake Robin and limited out on Trout. We then made a move to the shore line where the guys put 10 Reds and a Drum in the box along with the 100 Trout. While looking for Reds we could not get away from the Trout. The guys had to through back some very pretty Trout since we had out limits already. It was a fun day of fishing with a great group of guys.

Glenn brought down a group of 5 for a day of catching and that is exactly what they did. We started off in Lake Borgne and had a good bite going. The guys and gals had a blast putting 70 or so Trout on ice before 9am then the action slowed down. We made a move to a rig in the lake and caught a bunch of huge Sheepshead and some nice big Trout to go with them. From there we headed into the marsh where the gang put some more Trout in the box along with a few Reds. Total for the day was 115 Trout, 13 heads, and 5 Reds.

The Jim Walther group of four had a great day. We started off in Lake Robin where there were birds everywhere, but could not get much going. We moved up into the mouth of a bayou falling into the lake and got on a good bite. We put 60 or more Trout on ice till a discourteous boater put an end to our bite by flying right through our action. We made a move over towards Four Horse/Lake John area. Made several moves try out some lagoons that usually hold some big Trout right now, but the grass was very thick and the fish far and few between. We ended up in a cove in Four Horse where we got on a good bite and the Trout were very nice with a few big ones mixed in. We headed on in with 110 Trout, 6 Reds, 1 Head, and 1Bass that was a good 18? long.

All fish caught under a cork with Campo?s live shrimp. The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the fall/early winter fishing is on fire. This is some of the best fishing of the year. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo?s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo?s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice over night accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
        United Charters
        Shell Beach, LA
        504-439-1680
        rory@unitedcharters.com
        www.unitedcharters.com

________
        Blowjob Cumshot
        Last edited by capt_rory; 04-01-2011, 11:17 PM.
        Capt. Rory Rorison
        First class speckled trout and redfish
        fishing charters in
        Shell Beach, Louisiana
        504-439-1680
        United Charters.com

Comment

• Trout bite--good as it gets!! 11-29-2010

Scott Wilson, Steve Kimberling, Rex newhofel, And Todd Workman from Nebraska fished with me today. It was FISH ON from the start!! The guys crushed the trout this morning slinging fish in from every direction. We had fish coming in the boat everycast, good as it gets even with the Gail force winds blowing!! LOL. Solid fish up to 2 pounds again. All fish caught over reefs in 1-2 ft of water with single rigged platics. Couple reds and a flounder also made the box. We left the fish biting at 11:00 so the guys would not miss their flight. Big thanks to Stan Evans for putting the trip together. Great time and I look forward to the next one!!!
          Give me a call and come get you some, December is looking to be very good!!!!!!!
          Capt. Marty LaCoste
          985 856 4477
          Captmartyl@yahoo.com
          Capt. Marty LaCoste
          985 856 4477
          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Hopedale Lake Amadee Trout Hit

Hopedale Lake Amadee Trout Hit

Today Nolan, Rene and I left out of Hopedale under early morning darkness to fish Lake Amadee. The the weather was cool with overcast skies. Plenty boats out today, and most were heading here as the reports had it, speckled trout were on the take. We used Berkley Gulps, Saltwater Assassin Minnow lures and various other lures under egg clicking corks. The trout were feeding under dive-bombing seagulls. The tide was falling and the water temperature was 65 degrees. We drift fished the lake as we located the feeding seagulls which were chasing bait to the surface as they fled the hungry jaws of speckled trout in pursuit. We caught our limit (75) and threw back many other undersized fish. Tide differential was almost 2 ft. We all had a great time and it was a beautiful day as the winds picked up when we concluded the trip.

Good fishin’,
            http://jerrylabella.com/forums

Nolan (L) and Rene (R) smile with pleasure on this fall fishing trip to Lake Amadee

Comment

• Dularge Reds & Trout!

Dularge Trout Slam!

Whacked the trout Friday morning and had a lot of fun doing it! The fish were 'ON' big time and eating up our LSU chubs and bunker swim baits. Pat 'the slayer' Olivier, Capt Ricky 'Killer' Brondum, Timmy 'Jack got me' Barrilleaux joined me for the fast & furious trout slam. Finally got Ricky our the deerstand and Timmy out the recliner to join Pat and I to slam the fish. As usual plenty of lies being told and old stories rehashed with some big laughs. The trout cooperated for us as we had our 100 fish on ice by 8:15. This crew had a lot of BS with them but they can fish!!! We took care of business and headed out in another direction for the reds. Didn't take long as we found the reds stacked like the day before and quickly filled the box with some beauties. LSU chubs did the trick like they do every day! A great day with limits of trout & reds with 1 lone flounder. Back at the camp for 11:00...good luck fishing!

Capt Bill Lake
              985-851-6015
              985-637-3712

Comment

• Blast and cast

Having Fun!

My son Jacob wanted to go catch some fish and brought along his friend Robbie to show him how we roll. We hit the marsh around lake Amedee and got right on the trout Jake and I were slinging'em in and Robbie was get the hang of it and before long trout were jumping in the boat from all three poles. The boy's were having fun but I was having a blast watching them catch those trout. They grow up fast and I am trying to get in all I can with them before they grow up and away. By 10:00 AM the box was looking good and we had plenty enough fish so we called it a early day and headed in.
                The duck hunting has been good also with plenty of action. I took Thanksgiving week off the hunt and fish with my kid's and show some of their friends as Daniel Put it " HOW WE ROLL" . QUALITY TIME!
                Capt. Gene Dugas
                Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Dularge Trout and Redfish SLAM 12-9-2010

Great time 'Down in Dularge' today with Eric Hellbach with BISSO and Tom Hebert. These guys were pumped up and ready to catch some fish. No shortness of jokes today, as these guys laughed and cut up all day long. After our cold boat ride we had to defrost a little!! The trout were still defrosting too in the 48 degree water. Slow slow bite at our first stop with the cold water, many boats in the area all pecking at the fish. I decided to make a move and it payed off BIG-TIME. We found the reds and trout STACKED up and HUNGRY. We started catching reds every-cast, when the bite shut down I moved the boat about 100 yards and we started slinging in beautiful trout every-cast. Good as it gets as we had many trout over 3 pounds. We left the fish biting when we were done. Total blast as usual fishing with Eric and great meeting Tom, thanks guys for a incredible day. Looking forward to our next trip coming up.
                  Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985 856 4477
                  captmartyl@yahoo.com
                  Capt. Marty LaCoste
                  985 856 4477
                  captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Hopedale Windy Trout Trip

Hopedale Windy Trout Trip

Today Peter, Maurice and I left out of Hopedale to fish Lake Amadee. The weather was very overcast with a pending cold front. Tide was high but falling all morning and the early morning water temperature was 50 degrees. There were not as many boats out today in that area and the fish bite started extremely slow. We use corks and various lures and finally came upon an area on the lake that the fish were obliging. Not as fast of action as last week, but we were catching speckled trout sporadically. We finally got tired of the slow activity and made a move back toward an area where we launched. Speckled trout were obliging much better in this canal leading into a lagoon. We fished tight lined—no cork—with various lures in the greenish shades of chartreuse colors. Nice-sized specks were coming aboard pretty frequently. We ended the trip with 65 and threw back at least 15 – 20 undersized.

Good fishin,
                    Jerrylabella.com/forums

Maurice and Peter had a great trip today despite high winds

Comment

• Capt. Moore/Fish with the King

SHELL BEACH REPORT! Capt. Jakamo does it again. He fished yesterday with 4 anglers in tough conditions. Winds have been howling at the north for a few days now. He fished Campo’s live shrimp with a popping cork ending the day with 67 speckled trout and 13 reds. Everybody said they had a lot of fun fishing with Jakamo. We have openings and boats waiting to take you on your next fishing adventure.

The fishing is really good at the beach. Give us a call if you want to catch the yellow mouth fever.
                      Some people tell you about all the fish they catch. We show them to you every time we fish. One picture is worth a thousand words. We have lots of pictures!!!!!!
                      If you want to learn a new area we can show you more in one day then you can learn in 10 days on your own.

Before booking your next trip, check out the pictures we post every day!!!!!!!!
                      WHY WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING BUT FISH WITH THE KING!!!!!!! . ONE CALL THAT’S ALL SHOW UP WITH A SMLE AND WE WILL DO THE REST Campo’s Marina is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps. Nice easy and quick launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. They always give you a generous count on your live bait.
                      GIVE US A CALL FOR PRICING AND TO BOOK YOU’RE NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR PRICE INCLUDES GAS, BAIT ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! WE HAVE DELUXE OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS. LET US MAKE YOU’RE NEXT FISHING TRIP A MEMORABLE ONE.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING TRIP. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS. We are just steps from the boats. The lodge features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, two living rooms, flat screen plasma TV’s with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Come down and live like a king while you Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966(cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

E-mail: fishwiththeking@att.net

Comment

• Afternoon SLAM 12-13-2010

Great time this afternoon Down in Dularge. Made a scouting trip with good friends Rodney 'TROUTHOG' Bourque and Chris Veneble. We Checked out two locations finding only a few trout at our first stop. Our second stop found the redfish STACKED up. It was fish on about every other cast!!! Good times and good company, with lots of laughs. All fish caught on various plastics as usual, never a need for live bait down in Dularge....EVER. We left the reds biting right before it got dark to head in. Thanks guys for coming load the box with me!!! We will have to do it again, but next time have Travis join us (Poor Travis was drooling when he saw the pics!!!! LOL).
                        Capt Marty LaCoste
                        985 856 4477
                        captmartyl@yahoo.com
                        Capt. Marty LaCoste
                        985 856 4477
                        captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Redfish Bonanza 12-15-2010

[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg54/seth083rd/009.jpg[/img

Day 1 with Chuck Seyler, Delmer Stewert, Rod Middleton, and Ariel Torre. These guys had a blast bashing the redfish. We had three boats out leaving at 11:30. One stop and we had over 40 reds hit the deck of my boat in less than two hours (only keeping our 25 fish limit). Over 100 reds caught between the three boats with 63 reds kept (2 shy of our 13 man limit). After leaving the reds we found the tail end of the trout bite, we managed to put twenty trout on ice between the three boats. The guys had a incredible time as they had never caught so many fish in their life!!!!! All caught on plastic baits. Great seeing my two good friends TROUTHOG and Chris V BUSTING up the reds too. Big thanks to Capt Rob Dupont for running the second boat and huge thanks to Aaron Poretta and Stanley Head for putting the trip together.

Capt Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                          985 856 4477
                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Trout Bonanza 12-16-2010

Day 2 Aron Kramer, Chuck Seyler, Delmer Stewert, and Ariel Torre joined me. The reds were hiding today as we only caught 7 today, but the Trout were out in full force. Water temp was 52 degrees mid day and normally we would catch our fish with a slow steady retrieve almost dragging the baits on bottom (BUT NOT TODAY). No chance of catching a Trout on the bottom today as they only wanted the baits under corks. We tried every bait and color on bottom and could not buy a fish, but under a cork it was everycast. We had over 100 trout, 1 bass, and 1 bay snapper hit the deck today. the guys couldn't get over the numbers of fish we have here in Dularge. Great times and many good memories made once again. Great seeing my good friend TROUTHOG on the water with his wife catching trout too. Thanks again to Capt Rob Dupont for running the second boat and putting his crew on the trout also. Big thanks to Aaron Poretta and Stanley Head for putting the trip together. We look forward to the next trip!!
                            Capt Marty LaCoste
                            985-856-4477
                            Capt. Marty LaCoste
                            985 856 4477
                            captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

SHELL BEACH REPORT!!! Capt Mark fished the Biloxi Marsh yesterday with 4 anglers. He had a fun day limiting out on reds. The group had 20 reds in the 24-28 inch range and tagged 5 more that were over the slot. He also had 35 trout, 2 heads and 2 puppy drum. He said the water is beautiful in the Biloxi Marsh, water temperature was 48 degrees when they quit fishing and should come up some more today. We have openings and have started out Winter Special early. Give us a call and get on the books.

WINTER SPECIAL: 2 ANGLERS $500, 3 ANGLERS $575, 4 ANGLERS $650.00. THIS INCLUDES BAIT, GAS, ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! SPECIAL PRICING ON OVER NIGHTS WITH CHARTERS. 3 OR 4 PEOPLE IS $120 TOTAL FOR OVERNIGHTS. THIS INCLUDES COFFEE AND CINNAMON ROLLS IN THE MORNING.
                              Our lodge, which is just steps from the boat, features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen, four bedrooms, and two living rooms with flat screen plasma TV’s with over 100 channels.
                              ONE CALL THAT’S ALL WE WILL DO THE REST
                              Come down and live like a King while you fish with the King Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

E-mail: fishwiththeking@att.net

Comment

• Hammer down in Hopedale

HAMMERED’ EM
                                Yesterday with the weather warming up the trout and redfish went wild. I had Pete his wife Deb, and Arron and Sarah who were in from NY City for the holiday’s doing some family fishing or should I sat catching. It was on from the start and the bite got better as the fog lifted. All under a cork with shrimp or plastic no difference. Awesome day to say the least and nice and warm for a few days before Christmas.
                                100 Speckled Trout
                                12 Redfish
                                CAPT GENE DUGAS (985) 640-0569
                                RATHERBE FISHING ADVENTURES
                                www.ratherbe-fishing.com
                                Capt. Gene Dugas
                                Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Tuesday report from the Beach. I had the pleasure of fishing with Jim Walther and his crew. The guys stayed down at Jim?s camp and I took three of them with me and the other three went in one of their boats. The forecast was for highs in the upper 60?s and sunshine. Well it never got out of the 50?s and the clouds got thicker as the morning went on. The water was a cold 48*, falling, and very low. We made several stops in the Biloxi Marsh with only one Trout and a few Heads to show for. We worked our way to Stump Lagoon and around noon the tide started to slow up some, the water got a little warmer, and the Trout and Reds ate up. We sat in one spot and over filled the fish box. Cast to the left Trout, cast to the right Red. We headed on in with 100 Trout, 18 Reds, 2 Drum, and 6 Heads. Couldn?t fit them all in the fish box, had to put a few Reds in a basket so I could get the lid closed. The rest of the crew caught their limit with 75 Trout and a few Reds also. It was a fun time with a great bunch of guys.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and this will be a great winter fishing season. There are still some open dates and lots of fish to catch all winter long. Campo?s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo?s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  United Charters
                                  Shell Beach, LA
                                  504-439-1680
                                  rory@unitedcharters.com
                                  www.unitedcharters.com

________
                                  AMATEUR VIDS
                                  Last edited by capt_rory; 04-01-2011, 11:18 PM.
                                  Capt. Rory Rorison
                                  First class speckled trout and redfish
                                  fishing charters in
                                  Shell Beach, Louisiana
                                  504-439-1680
                                  United Charters.com

Comment

• Dularge trout fest! 12-22-10

Good times today busting up the yellowmouths. Chris Veneble and I jumped onboard our good friend Travis Millers boat this morning to lay the SMACKDOWN on some really nice fish. We had 12 fish on ice before daylight! Once it got light it looked like we were Going to bust them up. Wrong, the fish got lockjaw. We left our first stop with only 21 on ice, made a couple moves doing some scouting. Our last stop is where we found them stacked up!! It was fish on everycast. After #75 hit the box we played catch and release for a while. We left the fish biting to head in. 5 reds hit the deck with only 2 making the box. A few fish were caught early under a cork but tightlining is what they wanted later in the day. Everything on plastic as usual! Thanks guys for a awesome day. Good seeing Capts Bob, Rob, and Gerald on the water today.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985-856-4477
                                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985 856 4477
                                    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

• Trout and Redfish BASHING! 12-23-10

Another day of BASHING the fish. Great time today having Mike Simon back on-board. Mike brought his dad Ted and his son Kyle. Kyle drove in from Austin to partake in the party!! Mike wanted to learn some winter spots and all the techniques to catch them...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! Our first stop only produced 2 trout and 1 red. Second stop had the fish coming in every-cast for about ten minutes then our bite shut down. We made a quick couple moves with no luck, so it was time to venture to unfished territory. Our third stop is where the slaughter fest began!!!! OH YEAH, REDFISH EVERYCAST!!! You could not throw a bait in the water without catching one. My crew couldn't believe how incredible the bite was. We caught a minimum of 40 reds before we just had to leave them biting. We didn't even have to move 20 yards when the trout turned on and we started slinging them in the boat one after the other!! Good as it gets as Mike's 120qt igloo could barely close with no ice in it. Over 150 fish hit the deck today as the bite was off the charts!! Saltwater Tackle Holographic minnows did all the damage as usual. NO LIVE BAIT NEEDED down in Dularge. Thanks to Mike, Ted, and Kyle for making today's trip 'AS GOOD AS IT GETS'. I'm already looking forward to our next trip. Happy holidays everyone.
                                      Give me a call if you want to experience what Dularge has to offer. We have it all, friendly knowledgeable guides, tons of fish, and first class lodging. Big groups welcome as we have up to ten boats running.
                                      Capt Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

SHELL BEACH REPORT!!!!!!! Capt. Rory fished yesterday. He had two anglers in the boat and used Campo’s live shrimp. They caught their limit plus a couple of reds.

Capt. Ronnie fished today with Mr. Bill and his daughter. They wanted to get a trip in before Christmas. They also caught their limit of speckled trout and a couple of drum. They tried to get on the redfish, but Capt. Ronnie said that the tide was so low they had moved away from the back. Fishing remains good at the beach. We have openings and are running a winter special. Give us a call at 504-887-4960 and get in the book.

We at fishing with the king would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and may Santa bring you everything that you want. God bless.

Comment

• Stackin and Packin REDS & TROUT 12-27-2010

Incredible day today DOWN IN DULARGE. My customer wanted to take his boat today so I jumped on board his Blazer Bay at 10:30. COLD boat ride!!! Our first two stops only produced two reds. Only took one more stop and we had the reds coming in the boat EVERYCAST!!! We had our 15 fish limit in about twenty minutes and then it was catch n release. After putting about forty in the boat we had to leave them biting to look for trout. All it took was for us to turn around and start casting in the opposite direction!!!! LOL. The trout turned on when the water temp got up to 48 degrees. OH YEAH, FISH ON!!!! There was about five boats in the area all reeling them in like crazy. Good as it gets. Thanks Jonas and Aaryn for a spectacular day of fishing.
                                          Tightlines everyone,
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          captmartyl@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X