This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Moore/Fish with the King

FUN DAY AT THE BEACH!!! Had the pleasure of fishing today with Philip Spender and his father Joe along with first mate Jackamo. He is always good to have in the boat. The guys came in from Jackson, MS. Woke up this morning to an overcast day with a low tide. The buoy at the mouth of the river told me 14 knot winds so we fished the Biloxi Marsh. Started off in Muscle Bay and went in further from there. We had a good day limiting out on reds catching 25, 2 puppy drum, 2 flounder, and 1 speckled trout. The wind picked up all day out the SSE. It is blowing 20 at the lodge right now. I think the water is going to be even higher tomorrow which will make fishing in the marsh good. We have 4 boats ready to take you on your next fishing adventure. I look for the trout to turn on towards the end of April. Fishing is great at the beach!

The fishing is really good at the beach. Give us a call if you want to catch the yellow mouth fever.
    Some people tell you about all the fish they catch. We show them to you every time we fish. One picture is worth a thousand words. We have lots of pictures!!!!!!
    If you want to learn a new area we can show you more in one day then you can learn in 10 days on your own.

Before booking your next trip, check out the pictures we post every day!!!!!!!!
    WHY WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING BUT FISH WITH THE KING!!!!!!! . ONE CALL THATíS ALL SHOW UP WITH A SMLE AND WE WILL DO THE REST Campoís Marina is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps. Nice easy and quick launching with helpful advice from the Campoís is waiting for you. They always give you a generous count on your live bait.
    GIVE US A CALL FOR PRICING AND TO BOOK YOUíRE NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR PRICE INCLUDES GAS, BAIT ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! WE HAVE DELUXE OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS. LET US MAKE YOUíRE NEXT FISHING TRIP A MEMORABLE ONE.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING TRIP. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS. We are just steps from the boats. The lodge features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, two living rooms, flat screen plasma TVís with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Come down and live like a king while you Fish With The King!

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Dularge Trout and Redfish SLAM

Well Monday I decided to cancel my scheduled trip for Tuesday due to the forecast of high winds. Not long after canceling another customer Jonas Golden called me wanting to fish Tuesday. He had put a new engine on his boat that he wanted to run and was needing a fishing fix. I explained we probably wouldn't catch many if any trout but we could catch some reds. Off we went in the 15 mph winds Tuesday morning to look for trout!! To our amazement, we started putting the BURN HACK on nice SOLID 15-17 inch specks just about every-cast at our one and only stop. Unreal....worst conditions possible with wind and dirty water and we are slinging in fish left and right. We caught our limit and left the fish biting around 9:30. Totally insane action as the fish were feeding like piranhas and jumping out the water like tarpon!! LOL..........Off to the ponds!! Water levels were low as the tide had fallen 3 ft or more overnight. We stuck to the ditches and waited for the water to come up. We ended up hooking into 14 reds boxing 7. Two puppy drum and a flounder also made the box. Crazy thing we started catching more trout deep in the marsh and left them biting once again as we already had our limit. Dularge is on fire folks give me a call as summer trips are going fast. Thanks Jonas, I enjoyed our SLAM!!!!!!! Look forward to next time.
      Capt. Marty LaCoste
      985 856 4477
      www.absolutefishingcharters.com
      Capt. Marty LaCoste
      Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
      985 856 4477
      [email protected]

Comment

• Another Trout and Redfish Slam

Had two boats running with Doug Couvillon, Sonny Brignac and crew. Nice having Doug and Sonny back on board. Doug's son is in town from New York and wanted to get on some fish, he brought some friends of his to join in on the action. Found picture perfect conditions at our first stop. Slower start than I expected, but once we found the magic bait is was single, double, and triple BURN HACKS flying!!! LOL We were trying different colors and Sonny started maul draggin them every-cast, we all switched and it was ON!!! Trout were coming from all directions and the other 3 boats in the area were all catching too. For some reason the bite slowed down on us before filling our limit and then shut down completely. We made a few more stops finding fish at almost each stop. Decided to go hit the marsh where I left the trout biting on Tuesday and had 3 in the boat within the first 8 cast, then no more to be found. Time for reds....Found some pretty water and started sight casting reds. Reds every where swimming by the boat but no hookups. Finally we started to get a few bites and ended up boating 8 reds and 4 flounder and had one red break off. Good times had by all, nothing better than happy customers! Capt Ryan's crew also had a blast reeling in the specks all morning and catching 14 + reds and a couple bass. Guys ended up with a 120qt full of trout and 120qt full of reds. Lots of fillets for the guys!! Thanks again to Sonny and Doug and to Capt Ryan for running the second boat. Always nice to have good communication, and teamwork on the water. I look forward to next time guys.
        Capt Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        Capt. Marty LaCoste
        985 856 4477
        [email protected]

Comment

• Report for last weekend from the Beach. I had groups both Friday and Saturday and both days the boat could hold no more fish. Friday I had AG and Walter both in from Houston. When we left the dock the wind was blowing a little, but when we hit Bay Eloi it is was foggy and the water got flat so out to the Sound we went. One stop was all it took for the guys to fill the boat with mostly Sheepshead and a few Puppy Drum. We also ran into a few Reds, but most were too big to keep. We stopped at the Rocks and added a few Trout to the box before calling it a day. They had a great time and headed home with plenty of tasty fillets.

Saturday I had John, his wife Jennifer, and couple of their friends. I did not think we were going to be able to get out to the Sound since the forecast and the actual wind was harder than the day before. To my surprise as I headed down the MRGO the flag at Hopedale was still. So we made a left and worked our way out to the Sound. Once again it was very foggy, thank God for radar. We hit the same rig as the day before and as soon as a jighead with dead shrimp was put in the water it was eaten up by a big Head. It did not take long till there was no more room in the fish box and they had fun catching and releasing for while. The crew caught several big Reds too that were released. We then made a few stops in the marsh looking for some keeper Reds and picked up a few along with some Drum and a few Trout that had to ride back to the dock in a basket since we could not cram another fish in the box.

The fishing in Shell Beach is outstanding and the Spring season is looking good. There are still some open dates so book yours soon. Campo’s is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and two back down ramps. Nice and easy launching with helpful advice from the Campo’s is waiting for you. For your next fishing adventure call United Charters. Very nice overnight accommodations are available. 504-439-1680.

Capt. Rory Rorison
          United Charters
          Shell Beach, LA
          504-439-1680
          [email protected]
          www.unitedcharters.com

Last edited by capt_rory; 04-14-2011, 05:39 PM.
          Capt. Rory Rorison
          First class speckled trout and redfish
          fishing charters in
          Shell Beach, Louisiana
          504-439-1680
          United Charters.com

Comment

• Dularge Redfish Slam 4-15-2011

Have Lonnie Barr back down with the INOLECT group staying at The Reel In Fishing Lodge this weekend. Started it off last night with Shawn Whitney barbqueing some chicken n ribs, beans and mac n cheese. Followed by a incredible strawberry desert. WOW is all i can say, everyone went to bed with full bellies. We had three boats running today in the 20-35mph winds. Who would have thought the bite would have been so good!! I had a crew of four men in my boat that straight up put the BURN HACK on the reds today. Lonnie Barr, Joe Ducote, Mike Broussard, and Todd Beddingfield did a awesome job in the horrible conditions. We had 37-40 hook ups boating 32 reds keeping our 25 fish limit. Five lonely lost specks also made it into the boat with 4 being keepers (let's not discuss the keeper that got away Lonnie!!!! LOL) Even with brutal winds the LSU Chubs worked their magic as always putting the hurt on the reds. High water made it easy to get anywhere you wanted today, with no worries of getting stuck. Final tally at the fish cleaning table was 40 reds and 15 trout. Big thanks to Capts Joel Wakeland and Capt Rob Dupont for their hard Work in the brutal conditions. Very special thanks to Shawn today also for the awesome crawfish etoufee for lunch when we got back, and the fried seafood for dinner tonight. Everyone back in bed with full bellies again. Looking for repeat tomorrow, and wishing for half of the wind we had today!!!!!! Huge thanks to Lonnie for putting the trip together and my crew for a magnificent catch in truely un-fishable conditions.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
            985-856-4477
            Capt. Marty LaCoste
            985 856 4477
            [email protected]

Comment

• Reds, Trout, and Flounder 4-16-2011

Well after a great night rest at The Reel In Fishing Lodge we loaded up the 3 boats and pulled out into the 20 mph winds!!! On my boat was Joe Ducote, Brian Antilley, and Todd Beddingfield. We knew the water was going to be low with the North wind blowing the water out, so we had to find some deeper spots to get into. We started out with a double hook-up (reds) right from the start and were 8 for 8 in our first hour of fishing. Things slowed down for us as the winds picked up. We had 5 more hook-ups only landing 2 of them, and 3 trout. LSU Chubs is all you need back in the marsh!! My crew threw in the towel at 12:00 and we headed in with 10 reds and 1 trout. Shawn had the pit smoking with deer sausage, duck sausage, and his famous jalapeno poppers!! Chicken and sausage gumbo on the stove, can I say GOOD. Want to give a big thanks to Capt Joel Wakeland and Capt George Landry, y'all did a great job in the tough conditions. Good seeing and communicating with Capt's Ryan Young and Rob Dupont on the water also. Looked like their customers were having a good time putting some trout and reds in the boat. Final count at the fish cleaning table today was 25 reds, 30 trout, and 7 flounder. Despite the horrible conditions given to us all the customers had a terrific time at the camp and fishing. Shawn did a knock out job with all the cooking as everyone raved about every meal. Huge thanks goes out to Lonnie Barr with INOLECT for putting the trip together and all the customers. Looking forward to our May trip already (hopefully with LESS winds!!!!!!!.
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              Capt. Marty LaCoste
              985 856 4477
              [email protected]

Comment

• Another Windy Day in Hopedale

Another great day in the windy marsh of Hopedale turned out great for Lisa Davis and kids Andrew ,Justin, and Danielle. Things started of quick with drum and 2 reds then got slow for awhile. Off the new area with cleaner water and fish started coming in the boat slow but steady. It was going to be build a box day a few fish at a time. Mom was really putting on show for the kids catching redfish and some nice flounder, But Danielle , Justin, and Andrew had their rods bent over as well. Nice family outing. Around 1 o Ďclock we called it a day with the box full of nice reds, trout, drum ,and flounder another HOPEDALE GRAND SLAM! All fish caught with dead shrimp or live minnows under a cork.
                18 Redfish
                5 Drum
                10 trout
                6 Flounder
                CAPT. GENE DUGAS 985-640-0569
                RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURES
                www.ratherbe-fishing.com
                Capt. Gene Dugas
                Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

• Cajun Fishing and Hunting Charters

Had the pleasure of fishing with Lynn and Justin Hoggatt from Chackbay today. We fished in the Lake Boudreaux area out of Chauvin. Lots of wind and high water in the marsh today. But we found a pocket of clear water that was loaded with nice redfish. We started running banks in the Gator Tail until we found a group of fish. We found the clear water in a pond surounded by thick snot grass. The fish were eating up gold beetle spins with a purple and chartreuse bayou chub. Real fast retrieve to keep them out of the grass. The fish would wake up behind the bait and we would pause it and they would take it. Had our 15 fish in a couple of hours and did some catch and release. Trout fishing will be busting wide open in Dularge and Cocodrie when the wind lays down and we can get on big water. Still have openings for May and June peak trout bite time....Good Luck Fishing.
                  Capt. Anthony
                  www.cajunfishingandhuntingcharters.com
                  [email protected]
                  985-870-5909

Comment

• New Orleans West Bank Elk's Lodge #2496 4th Annual Fish

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the New Orleans West Bank Elk's Lodge # 2496 4th Annual Fishing Rodeo coming up in September! Check out our website at www.elksfishingrodeo.com

Comment

• Another Dularge Trout Slam 4-28-11

Slammed the trout again today!! Finally was able to get my six year old out on the water with me and boy did he have fun. Capt Joel Wakeland, my son and I jumped on board of Capt Travis Miller's new Blazer. Want to welcome Capt Travis onboard the Absolute Fishing Team. No problem filling our trout limit and a few flounder and reds mixed in, as we left the trout biting. The morning started out with 22mph N winds, no problem!! We are on the water constantly and can stay on the fish and where they are moving too. We had the fish steadily coming in the boat one after another, most fish my son has caught in one trip. Totally awesome watching my son reel in all the fish and see the excitement in his face. Stopped at the Reel In Fishing Lodge to clean the fish, boat, and visit with Capt Bob Lake. Hardly no other boats on the water and no vehicles in the parking lots when we pulled out of the Reel In after 4:00pm. Magnificent day on the water and exceptional company. Looking forward to plenty more!
                      Still have Saturday 30th open if your looking to get in on the action.
                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                      985 856 4477
                      [email protected]

Comment

• 2011 ASA Fishing Rodeo Scheduled For Hopedale

2011 17 th annual ASA Fishing Rodeo Scheduled For Hopedale

Click the image for full details
                        Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
                        http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
                        http://jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Windy Delacroix Trout Trip

Windy Delacroix Trout Trip,

Today David and I left out of Sweet Water Marina in Delacroix to fish for trout despite the forecast of high winds. I had been fishing on a real trip for over a month due windy conditions. The tide was incoming all morning with a 1.5 ft differential. The skies were bright and a bit overcast with cool, dry weather. We started the trip early to try to beat the winds. The first spot we fished were dive-bombing seagulls that were eating up the shrimp chased up to the subsurface by feeding speckled trout. We had to cast right under them to get the fish to hit. We fished egg clicking corks and curly-tailed Berkley chartreuse mullet lures with ľ oz. screw jig heads about 2 Ĺ ft down. The water was murky due to the previous dayís winds but the fish were obliging very slowly. After the birds left the area the fish slowed to a halt so we headed to some other areas to no avail. We later came back to the first spot we caught fish and the birds were back at it again. We managed to catch 20 speckled trout and one black bass. We counted ourselves fortunate given the winds were up to 20 mph when we concluded the trip.

Good fishiní,
                          Jerrylabella.com

Comment

• Stiill Windy but We still Catch'em!

Wind is still blowing but we are still coming in with some fine catches of redfish, flounder and speckled trout.!
                            FRIDAY was very windy again but that was not deterring Skip and Alex marks. It was opening day their first trip of the season and they could not wait to bend the rod. We started out right in some school trout having fun and few in the box. Trout were scattered so we kept on the move getting a few at each spot building a box. Later we put our sights on redfish and had the drags running with some nice reds. Great day and lotís of fun.
                            34 Trout
                            8 redfish
                            1 Flounder.

SATURDAY the wind was even stronger 15 -25 SE I had group from Hilti Tools on board helping out Capt Dude with a group. We started in the trout under some birds but mostly too small and the wind kept us from staying with the school. We turned our attention to redfish the rest of the day working from one point to the next picking up a couple at each and filled the box with a limit of nice redfish, drum, and flounder.
                            20 Redfish
                            5 Drum
                            12 trout
                            1 flounder
                            CAPT. GENE DUGAS 985-640-0569
                            RATHER BE FISHING ADVENTURTES
                            www.ratherbe-fishing.com
                            Capt. Gene Dugas
                            Rather Be Fishing Adventures

Comment

FISHING WITH THE KING RAN 3 BOATS YESTERDAY!! Rory had the Brennan Family, I had 3 generations of the Maitre family. Grandfather Mike, his son Mike Jr and grandsons Mike 3rd and William. And Jakamo ran the 3rd boat of 3 pretty girls from nursing school. The boats had 52 reds, 25 trout, 8 puppy drum, 3 heads and 8 flounders. Jakamo and I caught most of our fish on dead shrimp. Rory caught his on live shrimp. Heading to a see Tiffany receive her Honor Society stole for graduation in a few minutes. Will post the pictures on the trip later.

The fishing is really good at the beach. Give us a call if you want to catch the yellow mouth fever.
                              Some people tell you about all the fish they catch. We show them to you every time we fish. One picture is worth a thousand words. We have lots of pictures!!!!!!
                              If you want to learn a new area we can show you more in one day then you can learn in 10 days on your own.

WHY WOULD YOU DO ANYTHING BUT FISH WITH THE KING!!!!!!! . ONE CALL THATíS ALL SHOW UP WITH A SMLE AND WE WILL DO THE REST Campoís Marina is open with fuel, live bait, ice, and the newly improved back down ramps. Nice easy and quick launching with helpful advice from the Campoís is waiting for you. They always give you a generous count on your live bait.
                              GIVE US A CALL FOR PRICING AND TO BOOK YOUíRE NEXT FISHING ADVENTURE. OUR PRICE INCLUDES GAS, BAIT ICE, FISHING EQUIPMENT, AND FISH CLEANING!!!!!!!! WE HAVE DELUXE OVER NIGHT ACCOMMODATIONS. LET US MAKE YOUíRE NEXT FISHING TRIP A MEMORABLE ONE.

WE HAVE 4 BOATS WAITING TO TAKE YOU ON YOUR NEXT FISHING TRIP. OUR LODGE SLEEPS 19 ANGLERS. We are just steps from the boats. The lodge features 2200 square feet of deluxe accommodations with a full kitchen four bed rooms, two living rooms, flat screen plasma TVís with over 100 channels. Fish out of our boats or yours.

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 881 9966. You'll be glad that you did!!

Comment

FUN FUN FUN!!! Capt Rory and I fished today. I had the Glenn Clemmons group of 4 anglers and Rory had the Chris Johnson group of 4 anglers. With the weather coming in I knew we had a slight window of opportunity to fish. The guys drove in early in the morning and we got an early start. Between the two boats we had 125 trout, 12 reds and 2 pretty flounders. Roryís group had the most trout and my group had the most reds and the flounders. We got hit hard with the rain about 11 am. You could feel the cold air before the rain got us. Wind went to the NW and we got hit pretty good for 15 minutes with heavy rain. A little while after that, the guys said they had enough and we headed for the lodge.

Give us a call at 504 887 4960 or 504 881 9966 (cell). You'll be glad that you did!!

Comment

• Hopedale Its About Time Limited Out Trip

Hopedale Its About Time Limited Out Trip

Today Henry and I left out of Hopedale under perfect weather. That means very little wind for a change and great incoming tide. This has been awaited for at least 3 months as the winds have wreaked havoc. Anyway, the trip started and ended fast with non-stop trout action…literally. I mean in route to our destination of choice we kept running into shrimp jumping under dive bombing seagulls, fleeing from the jaws of hungry feeding speckled trout. This made it easy target for us to locate and catch fish fast. We used Berkley Gulp 3 inch white shrimp under 1/8 oz. screw jig heads and clicking egg corks fished 2 to 3 ft down. We limited out by 9:30 AM and was back at the launch by 10:15 am and on our way home. The catch included 50 speckled trout and one flounder and one nice red fish. We could not have ordered a better day or trip.

Good Fishin’
                                  Jerrylabella.com/forums

Pic captions: Jerry LaBella, Henry, box of trout

Comment

• Dularge Fishing 5-5-11

Four boats running today with the Denbury Group. Aboard the PureBay I had Dean Ezdards, West Richardson, and Arnold Jackson. Slow start as the North winds had our honey hole all messed up. On to honey hole #2 and we had the trout and flounder coming in just about everycast. When the bite slowed down, we were on the move again. Birds and shrimp jumping out the water everywhere. We worked over the birds for a while, then the guys decided they wanted to fight some reds. We hit the ponds to find the reds had lock-jaw, only had five hit the deck. Ran back to find some clean water and pecked away at a few more fish. Tougher day today as we have been having but everyone had fun and between all four boats over 200 fish made it to the fish cleaning table. Thanks to all the Capts for the great team work today. Big thanks to Capt Bob Lake for putting the trip together, and to my crew for sticking it out today. Looking for better results tomorrow!!!! Good luck fishing.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985-856-4477
                                    Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                    985 856 4477
                                    [email protected]

Comment

• Mothers Day Trout Slam 5-8-11

Paul Pinson, Adriana Pinson, Paul Jr, and Brent Quina joined me today for a Mothers Day Trout Slam. We departed from The Reel In Fishing Lodge bright and early. After making it to our first stop I gave Adriana a few lessons on how to cast, as this was her first time fishing. It did not take long before we were slinging fish from all directions. Adriana caught her first trout and several more and had a blast reeling them in. The bite was not fast and furious but good enough to keep us around. When the bite slowed down we made a move and found pretty emerald green water and more trout. With 50 fish iced down two of my crew became sea sick so we called it a day and left the fish biting. Plenty fish as Paul originally only wanted to keep 25 fish. We made a quick stop on the way in to see if we could hook a red or two. Paul Jr and Brent both got one adding two reds to the box for the grill. Good times, good company, and good memories. Thanks guys for another great day!!
                                      Capt Marty LaCoste
                                      985-856-4477
                                      Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                      985 856 4477
                                      [email protected]

Comment

• The Trout Are Here!

Fishing Magician Charters

Today was the second day for Tim and his dad Lowell. They had another great day with Capt. Jason.

The guys caught their limit of 75 speckled trout. All fish were caught 2' under a popping cork using Campo's live shrimp. They fished the Breton Sound area, the wind was out to the south blowing 5 - 10. It did make the Sound a little choppy this morning, but the guys still had a very successful day fishing

If you want to catch some fish and have some fun, Fishing Magician Charters is the one. We have 4 boats standing by to take you on your next fishing adventure. Also, we have a lodge that sleeps 18 and it is second to none.

Capt. Johnny Nunez
                                        504-239-3159
                                        [email protected]
                                        www.fishingmagiciancharters.com

Comment

• A Burn Hackin Day 5-9-11

Can it get any better?? I had the pleasure of taking out Chris Ginn (Louisiana Sportsman writer), son Matthew, and nephew Zach Ginn today. Can I say good as it gets?? Chris said it was one of the top three trips of his life and he only reeled in 3 fish!! What made it so speciial is his son Matthew had never been on a trip that he has caught more than 3-5 fish. That all changed today as Matthew and Zach were reeling in fish almost every cast with quite a few being doubles. All fish caught on double rigged Bayou Chubs as usual, no live bait needed. We lost count how many they caught, and yes he had a grin from ear to Ear!!! Our 100 fish were iced down at 9:00 and the boys were so excited. Great time today, Always a pleasure Chris.
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          9&5-856-4477
                                          Capt. Marty LaCoste
                                          985 856 4477
                                          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                          X