Page 2 of 221 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Fantastic Friday at the Beach for the Jim Walther group. After picking the guys up at Jimís camp we made our way towards Delacroix. We started out fishing where a pass off Oak River goes into a shallow lake. Jim throws out and first bam a solid 3 pound trout was in the boat. The next two trout were just the same. It looked like it might be a monster trout slam, but that was it for there. We worked our way into the lake and got a couple good bites with some nice trout, but not those first 3 pigs. By the time we called it quits we had 80 trout, 3 reds, 2 drum, 1 bass, 1 striped bass and a bunch of sheepshead.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Monday meat haul at the Beach for Carl and Jan Tarvin. The morning started off a little chilly, but warmed up nicely and so did the fish. We fished an area close to the house that I have not fished for a awhile and it turned out to be a good move. They both had great time filling up the box with a variety of fish and had a lot of fillets to take home.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Fall brings us some of the best fishing of the year. Get your fall dates booked now as weekend dates are few and the others will fill fast. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com

@CaptRoryRorison

Default Fantastic Trout Bite

Chris Erikson was back onboard with his crew from Wisconsin. We were greeted with picture perfect conditions and knew it was going to be a great day. Our first stop found skipping shrimp and hungry trout. Every cast action throwing shrimp Creole Matrix under a cork. Once this bite slowed down we made a move to a reef where we started catching immediately again. All fish averaged 13-17 inches with minimal throw backs. We put a good box together before heading in around lunch time. Thanks again Chris for the continued business.
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Default Speckled Trout Smackdown

Robert Utrera and crew were back on the big Bluewave again and also were greeted with calm winds. Upon arriving to our first location we had the trout coming in all around the boat. Shrimp Creole Matrix under a cork was the bait of choice again as the specks are eating them up. Made a short move and found shrimp running for their lives. More trout hit the deck and a nice redfish. One more stop over a reef had the box almost full to the top. We called it quits at 11:30 as the guys were happy. Always a good time with these guys. Thanks for the continued business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Pretty day at the Beach today. I helped Capt. Ed run a bachelor party group. 3 jumped in my boat and the rest with Capt. Ed. They went outside looking for big reds and had fun catching and releasing most and brought back a few with some sheepshead. We hit the marsh for trout and whatever else would bite. Our first stop produced a lot of action. The corks were going own as fast as you get them out, but there were too throwbacks in the mix. We headed a little further south and got on a steady bite of some nice trout. With 75 on ice we headed to the house to clean the fish for their dinner tonight. The guys had a great time and were a lot of fun to fish with.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Last edited by capt_rory; 10-27-2017 at 06:47 PM.

Windy Wednesday at the Beach. Yesterday I ran part of the Jimmy Woods group for Capt. Jakamo. The latest front left behind a chilly morning with lots of wind and a strong falling tide. We headed to a lee shoreline of an interior lake behind Hopedale and were greeted by diving birds and shrimp jumping all over the place. The action was nonstop with lots of throwbacks to weed through, but the keepers were nice. In the mix were a ton of rat reds. We finished up with 125 trout and one keeper red. You just have to love Fall fishing when even on windy days the fish are cooperative.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Blog Entries

Default New Name For My Flatboat

Exactly:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sneak.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	2830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3864.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	2831
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Default Ended September with another Great Trout Bite

Name:	IMG_7960.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	2823

Helped Capt RD today with a three boat charter. Winds were up and things looked grim this morning. We made some adjustments for the wind and started to slowly fill the K2 cooler. Shrimp Creole Matrix under a cork was our top producer with Lemon Head second fishing over reefs. The guys had a blast as it turned out to be a great day. Definitely has been one of the most productive September's of trout fishing that I can remember and the worst for red fish. The fall and winter trout bite should be incredible.

Capt Marty LaCoste985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Easy September Trout Limits

Name:	IMG_7945.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	2822

Michael Tuite and Matt Davis were back onboard the Bluewave with me. Trout was our target today and we accomplished our mission. The guys have come close to limiting out several times but have never had a full trout limit before. That changed today!! Double rigged Matrix Shad lures went to work on the specks and you know they can't resist them! Matt even got to battle a big bull red. Always a pleasure fishing with these guys, thanks again.

985-856-4477 for your trip
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulpur Started Slow Trip

I left out of the public launch solo under very calm weather and high tide and headed to the oyster reefs in the nearby lake. I had live shrimp and various plastic lures and the first spot was virtually dead but the tide was expected to fall and this is what I was counting on for the action to get started. I moved here and there, picking up a few speckled trout as I moved deeper in to Lake Washington. As I fished, I always keep an eye open for diving seagulls which is a dead give away for feeding trout. But for the most part, I didnít see any until later into the morning and in only one spot as far as my eye could see. After anchoring, trout were coming aboard in fast measure, having to throw back under sized one more than I cared to do. They obliged mostly on live or dead shrimp, but I did catch some on minnow lures, sparkle beetles and Berkley Gulps under a cork and tight-lined slow retrieved. I limited out (25 trout) and was back at the launch and on the road for noon.

Name:	fish46.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	2816
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Page 2 of 221 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast