Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Default Redfish Bonanza 6-5-17

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6217.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	2756

Good customer Danny Lirette was back onboard the big Bluewave today. We wasn't sure what the weather was going to do, but it looked like we had a window. Our first and only stop on a point with moving water, found the reds stacked up and hungry. The fresh shrimp under a cork went out, and it was redfish Every cast! It literally took my crew about 25 minutes to catch their limit. We played catch and release for a while then took it to the dock before the rain came. Thanks Danny for the continued business.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Default Speckled Trout Smackdown 6-6-17

Name:	IMG_6221.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	2755

I helped Capt T Miller out with another two boat group. The wind shifted to the North and finally quit blowing 20 plus mph. We had planned to fish for reds, but the customers wanted to gamble!! They wanted trout and wanted to roll the dice and see if they would bite. We headed to the trout grounds and immediately started reeling in doubles on our Double rigged Matrix Shad. The water was a little stained but we had a good 8-10 inch visibility. The bite was insane as it was every cast as fast as the baits hit the water with trout up to 21 inches. Most of the trout averaged 15-18 inches. We pretty much had non stop action with a couple short lulls in between. It surely was a unreal bite and a trip I'll never forget. Thanks guys for everything, and thanks to Capt T for setting up the trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Perfect Trip

I left out of Port Sulphur under perfectly calm weather and overcast skies. The water was on the high side and incoming and clean. I made my usual stops over reefs and wrecks and out into Bay Ronquille fishing camps. All spots produced speckled trout caught on sparkle beetles tight lined and live shrimp under corks. At some spots trout were caught two and the time on tandem beetles.

Name:	IMG_3499.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	2739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3498.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	2740
    Saltwater Fishing Articles by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://jerrylabella.com/forums/
    http://jerrylabella.com

Windy Wednesday at the Beach. I had the pleasure of having Steven and Liz Schlesinger onboard. They were in town from New York and wanted to experience our Louisiana fishing while enjoying the city. We ended up with a little of a late start due to a transportation issue, but plan B got them to the dock. Due to the winds it was a plan B on the fishing too. We stayed close and fished in Lake Borgne and the MRGO with Campo’s live shrimp and you name it they caught it. From Trout, Reds, Drum, Sheepshead, to even Bass, Perch, and Mangrove Snappers. They both had a great day and caught a lot of fish. I cleaned up some of their catch and they took it to the Bourbon House, where chef Eric Cook treated them like royalty and prepared their catch in many different ways, personally coming out and explaining each dish.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The Spring bite is getting hot and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Fun Friday at the Beach for Frank and MaryAnn. They were in town from Florida and wanted to get in a day of fishing. We started off on the edge of the Sound were I got on a good Trout bite a couple days before and Frank caught a really nice Trout right off the bat. We picked up about a dozen or so keepers, but the bite was slow and the fish turned small, time to go. Headed to a wellhead in the Sound to find 2 boats already on it, so we went to a rig not far from there. Turned out to be a good move. The bite was steady except for a few interruptions by Bull Reds, and before we knew it our limits were full. It was still a little early so we made a stop for some more Bull Reds for them to fight. The Bulls were there and so were a few more smaller Reds to go in the box along with a bunch of Sheepshead. With no more room in the box we headed to the house. It was fun day with lots of action. The Trout were caught on Campo’s live shrimp fished about 4’ under a cork, and the Bulls and Heads with shrimp on the bottom.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Shimano reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The Spring bite is getting hot and Campo’s has live shrimp that the Trout are eating up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com

@CaptRoryRorison

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Slow Trip on The Usual Spots

Two of us left out do Port Sulphur weather was perfect. Tide incoming. The water was not so clean in the usual areas. We fished live shrimp and had plenty micro tout stealing bait. Long story short, we ran low on live bait when we figured out where the clean water was and the trout were biting: The sulphur mine. Too little; too late. We came back with about 20 trout.

Time to catch up at the Beach. I know it has been a while since I last reported, and I will try to do a better job with the reports. The fishing in Shell Beach has been great. The early spring has everything starting early and it looks to be a great summer. There are still some Trout in the interior waters, but most of the action is pushing out to the outer bays. Still plenty Redfish in the marsh, but the Bull Red and Sheepshead action in the Sound has been insane when the winds allow. This Monday I fished with Prayson Pate and his son Harrison. They were in town to have some fishing fun, but did not want to keep any fish to take home so catch and release was the plan though I did keep some Trout for the house. We started off on the edge of the Sound and got on good Trout bite of some really nice and fat Trout with live shrimp under a cork. After easily catching their enough Trout we shifted gears and looked for some Reds. We setup in a deep pass and fished with shrimp on the bottom. The guys had a blast fighting the big Reds, catching and releasing a bunch of them. It was a fun day of action with a couple of great guys.

I have this Friday and Saturday open. Give me a call to get in on the action.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulphur Finally Prefect Conditions

Wednesdaymorning I left out of Port Sulpur launch and headed to the oyster reefs in Lake Washington. Weather was calm and overcast with water on thehigher and clean side than the previous 2 months for morning trips. I broughtalong live shrimp and fished them under a clicking cork and the trout wereobliging at the first spot. I eventually ran out of live shrimp but they stillhit dead ones that died in the live well. When all bait was exhausted I went tobeetle lures under a cork. The trout did not oblige on the lures alone, but Iwhen I tipped the hooks with Berkley trout nuggets the bite became much better. I manageto limit out on speckled trout and keep one large gafftop cat.

Name:	IMG_3461.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	2719

Default Busted Up the Specks

Name:	IMG_5233.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	2701

Hunter and Molly Cartwright joined me today for what would be the best trip they have been on. Conditions and weather looked great and I felt the trout would respond!! Well our first stop only produced two fish, no worries. We made a move and struck silver. 16-19 inch trout 1-2 at a time were flying over the gunnels. Molly hooked two doubles, it was her first time ever to hook two fish at a time. It's always great to watch and listen to the excitement in people's voice experiencing this action for the first time!! Once this bite played out we moved again, finding the fish wanting a single rigged shrimp Creole under a cork. This bite played out quick so we moved once again. The tide switched and the trout were waiting for us. Double rigs again is what the fish wanted slowly drifting in the current over oyster shells. The fish came in spurts so we sat patiently getting on run after run of solid fish. We made one more stop fishing a point with current catching another 18 fish before heading in. We ended the day about five fish short of our limit. Incredible day with these two and I look forward to their return in July.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default California Crew Battle the Bulls

Name:	IMG_5209.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	2700

David Wall was back with us with Justin and some customers from California. They wanted to get the Guys on some big drag pulling fish!! We had to start the morning out looking for trout!! We started in a area we have been catching with zero luck. We moved on looking for birds. We hit flock after flock of birds only picking a handful of fish. We changed zip codes and got on a lil run of fish before the bite quit. By mid morning we switched to the Bulls. The California guys loved every second of the drag pulling beast!! Big smiles on everyone's face. The trip was a success as everyone had the time of their life!!

Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat with Steven Adams. They stuck with the trout and put a incredible box together.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast