Page 3 of 225 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulphur with a P for Pitiful

Perfect weather, incoming tide, and light breeze equals very little fish catching. Went from Lake Washington and out to the bays and saw plenty fishing boats out Friday. The Myrtle Grove marina didnít have live shrimp so I only used lures. The boats I watched around me only caught catfish on live shrimp from my observation. The water temperature was 85 degrees and the fishing was dead. Not slow, dead. I Caught 5 trout and headed in early as the heat was on. One angler said he caught some redfish nearby launch with dead shrimp. Iíd adventure to say he wrestled with a lot of catfish in between. This picture tells me that the trout or out along the deeper water along the coastal areas and deeper bays where cooler, deeper water brings them.
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Funky weather Friday at Shell Beach. When the David Broussard group showed up at the dock there was quite a light show going on in the area. Good thing was most of it was clearing out as we pulled out the slip. With the wind blowing a bit too much to get out to the Sound and plenty of storms in the area we set up in a semi protected area off the MRGO. The bite was not fast, but the trout were very nice so we sat there and worked on them with live shrimp 3í under a cork. With more rain building and a good box of trout we headed in just before noon beating the weather.

I have some open days next week, and the weather looks great.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campoís live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Summer fishing is heating up. Now is the time to get your summer fishing dates in the books while there are still some left. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Slammed them today at Shell Beach. I had the Renshaw group from Atlanta today and it was not a typical trip for them. Generally when Brian comes to town the wind blows like no one business, but today it was clam as could be. We ran out into the Sound and got on a decent trout bite putting close to 60 in before it died. Our shrimp were running low since we lost a lot of them this morning for some reason, but Capt. Jakamo saved the day giving me his remaining shrimp as they were done and headed in. We hit one more rig and that was all it took to fill the box with 125 trout, 1 red, and 3 sheepshead. Fun time on a beautiful day.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with dead shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Summer fishing is heating up. Now is the time to get your summer fishing dates in the books while there are still some left. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Blog Entries

Wednesday morning I launched out of Port Sulphur armed with live shrimp and various fishing lures and headed to the fishing camps out in the bay. Winds were light out of the north and there were plenty boats out. Fishing was slow but the trout in that area are large. If you didnít have live shrimp you probably didnít catch much as one by that fished near by using lures tight-line didnít catch anything while I occasionally pulled in some fat specks fishing live shrimp under a clicking cork. I think many boats were out to beat the bad weather destined for the weekend. When I ran out of live shrimp, I headed into Lake Washington and fished a lure I forgot all about: Berkley Gulp swim mullet in glow white. Just as soon as I threw this out under a cork, an instant hit occurred and I pulled in a large speck. The weather was getting hot and I fished that lure until it was torn up and that was the only one I had left, so I headed back in. I caught a nice mess of fat trout and one redfish and one southern kingfish-- know as a channel mullet here. This is a delectable eating fish often confused with a croaker.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4202.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	2913

Tough Tuesday at Shell Beach with the Jim Walther group. I say tough, but it really was not. We started off at a small rig in Eloi and got a decent trout bite going. The trout were not quite as nice as the day before and there were a lot of croakers and white trout mixed with the throwbacks. With the wind dead calm and the tide moving so we headed to the Sound to look for the big trout Jim likes. We bounced around a bunch of rigs picking up a few here and there, but could not get a hot bite going except for the bull reds that would not leave us alone. Oh, and the big shark that ate one of the sheepshead. Everyone had a great time and we ended up with a nice box of 66 trout, 3 reds, and several sheepshed.

GOT THIS FRIDAY 5/25 OPEN!!!!

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with dead shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Monday Trout haul at Shell Beach. I had the Tim Bonura group onboard. Conditions were nice, so we headed straight out into to the Sound. We made only one stop at a small wellhead. The Trout bite would start and stop, but we stuck with it and were done by 11. Campoís live shrimp 3í under a cork did the damage.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p15265987825953080.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	2911  

A couple of late reports for the end of April from Shell Beach. Both days we had to deal with wind and really low water limiting our options, but dealing with the hand we were dealt we ended up with full boxes of fish. Lots of big reds released with a few kept along with plenty of Heads, and 35 or so Trout.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Blog Entries

Kenner Lake Pontchartrain Crabs On the Move

The Lake Pontchartrain has cleaned up from all of the fresh river water from the recent spillway opening and crabbing is back in action. I caught by myself over a hamper of crabs with 18 crab nets, running them 6 or 7 times. There were several other boats out Sunday morning crabbing as well. It was perfect weather and very calm winds.

Name:	IMG_4194.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	2909

Name:	IMG_4195.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	2910

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Perfect Weather

I left out of Port Sulphur solo under perfect incoming tide and very low wind conditions. The water in the Freeport Sulpur canal was real clean. I had live shrimp and started fishing Lake Washington where the trout were undersized. I progressively moved around and picked up some keeper sized fish and, located off the Freeport Sulpur canal, diving seagulls where large trout were feeding. I picked up few trout here before they moved on. The Sulpur mine didnít have much going on but there were a good many boats out today, but I didnít see them catching much. I also fished the camps out in the bay where I caught some more keeper trout. I used Berkley Gulp shrimp in white glow/ chartreuse tail as well as glow and chartreuse beetles in tandem, both setups under cork. Total trout keepers 17 and must have threw back a dozen or more under sized trout.

Name:	IMG_4188.jpg 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	2905

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulphur: Low Morning Tide; Dirty Water

Port Sulphur: Low Morning Tide; Dirty Water

It was a solo trip. So Lo like the tide. Water in the area was low in morning and murky and trying to locate clean water was a bit of a challenge. I had live shrimp this time and did catch some trout most of which were under-sized. My favorite spots weren’t exactly ideal for water conditions but the tide was incoming. Even though the water was incoming and rising fast, the wind became a factor as well. Long story short, I got a dozen fish and threw back probably another dozen. The pic wasn’t that good because the sun was so bright I couldn't focus or see the picture frame in the camera.

Name:	IMG_4154-2.jpg 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	2901

Page 3 of 225 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast