Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Plan B in Shell Beach. Yesterday I had Reggie and Pat Hayes on the Blazer Bay. We left Campo’s with intentions of chasing Trout in the Sound. As we headed out the winds were picking up so we had to stop short on the edge. The guys managed to put some trout on ice, but it was tough in the dirty water. Time for plan B. Turned around and headed into the marsh and it was good move. Fishing with Campo’s live shrimp under a 4-Horsemen cork the guys had a blast limiting out on Reds in short order.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with KastKing line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

The Speckled Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Saturday in Shell Beach I took out Don, David, and Mark. They were in town from different parts of the country on business and wanted to get out on the water. Since the wind was blowing first thing in the morning we stayed in the marsh focusing on Redfish or whatever else bit. You name it, if it swims in the marsh, they caught it. They had a great time catching a variety of fish, releasing most all except for a few of the tastiest I took to the house.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh. Book your summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Friday grind in Shell Beach. My guests for the day were Keith, Matt, and Jimmy. Things started out a little tough. First my bait well was not working, and after getting that going getting bait was an issue. Now with a delayed start, but with bait we ran straight out to the Sound in pretty conditions only to find boat all over everywhere I wanted to stop. After settling at a rig we caught plenty big Spanish Mackerel and Bull Reds. We then bounced around a few other wells picking up 10 good trout. With the wind picking up we changed gears and headed into the marsh for reds. There we found constant action and the guys put a nice box of fish together.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Jus Grab it Glove.

Trout bite has been good in the outer bays, and the Redfish are eating up in the marsh . Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    http://www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Nonstop reds in Shell Beach today. Today I had Forrest Fife, and his friend Joe on the Blazer Bay. It was nice and calm this morning as we pulled out of Campo’s. I had thoughts of big Sound trout dancing in my head, but my guys wanted to go chase reds in the marsh instead. Fine with me, because it is all about what my client wants to do. Turned out to be a good move, as the winds picked up throughout the morning, and the redfish ate up. We easily got our limits and caught and released at least 100 more. Toss in a few drum, a bass, a white bass, and 12 trout and it made for a very nice box of fish and a fun time.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Had to work for them Wednesday in Shell Beach. I helped Capt. Ed out with a group from Florida. The rat reds were thick with the keepers playing tough to get, but we fished on through it to fill the cleaning table. A fun time for everyone, but the fish.

I have some openings next week for anyone looking for a last minute trip.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Campo’s live shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Kast King line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Shell Beach Specks Friday. I took out the Jim Walther Group of 3 after picking them up at the camp. The winds were calm and the water flat as we headed out to the Sound. At our first stop we got on a fast bite, but all the trout were undersized. We headed deeper out in the Sound looking for a spot that did not have a boat on or two on it as the wind and chop were picking up. We stopped at one rig and got on a steady bite with Campo’s live shrimp 4’ under a 4-Horsemen cork. We had several boats come and go trying to ruin the bite for us, but we stuck it out and ended up with a box full with 83 Trout, 3 Reds, and 3 Pompano. Even caught the surprising toothy critter pictured below.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Blog Entries

Hopedale Fishing Report

Peter and I left out of Hopedale and headed down engineers canal out to fish the MRGO rocks. Tons of boat were out Friday since the winds were calm and the predicted forecast for Saturday was 80 percent chance of rain. Along the route, we stopped to fish some of the bordering ponds and lakes which we noticed were infested with alligators, more than I have ever seen anywhere else. Fishing live shrimp and sparkle beetles, the latter mostly glow white with 1/4 oz jig heads, we managed to boat a few trout. The fishing was slow in these areas even though we could see at times shrimp jumping from the water as they were pursued by speckled trout. At the beginning of the rock jetty is where fishing picked up a bit; there were boat all along the rock jetty fishing as far as I could see. We caught flounder, trout and redfish in the area. We decided as things slowed down to head for a backwater lagoon where we caught some redfish in route back to the launch. The water was very clean in almost all areas and high. We didn’t catch as many fish as we thought we would, but we went to the rock jetty too late where the bite was better too late. Notwithstanding, it was a fun trip anyways.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4744.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	2966
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Speckled Monday at The Beach. My guest for the day was Norman Tabor from Boston, Mass. It has been a good while since I have targeted trout, but today conditions were semi favorable so we gave them a shot first. Our first stop started off rather slow. We caught some nice trout, but just too slow of a bite. We made a small move on a reef and found a decent bite. With Norman’s limit in the box I helped out and put some in for me. Next we looked for some reds, finding lots of small ones, but 5 keeper reds and 2 drum joined the trout on ice. Fun day and even better were the trout for dinner.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

​​Fun Wednesday in Shell Beach. Pat Comiskey and his son Brian were my guests on the Blazer Bay. They have fished with me plenty over the years and they are a lot of fun, keeping me laughing all day. It was a little windier than I expected so we went straight to plan Redfish. We had to bounce around a bit and weed though a lot of rats, but ended up with a nice bunch of reds on ice.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

I have this coming Friday and Saturday open. The weather and winds look good and the fishing has been great. Spring is here and the fishing is heating up. Trout are starting to bit really well and the Bull Red and Sheepshead action at the rigs is flat out crazy. Book your spring and summer dates now while choice dates are still available. Call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Page 2 of 227 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast