Page 11 of 224 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Default Trout Fishing

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3281.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	2598
    Stephen Domingues and his family joined us. We spilt up in two boats targeting trout. Our first stop found shrimp running for their lives. Most of the trout were small and were hard to keep up with. We picked away till it slowed down and focused the rest of the day on points and reefs. We got on a good run off a point that had a good current line coming around it. Around noon the guys had enough and we headed to the dock.

Big thanks to Capt Big Dawg Kyzar for taking the other half of the group. They loved catching the reds and drum, and Capt K Labat for showing the other group a great time.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Windy Day Trout

Al Reaux and crew were back with me with trout on their minds. We started the morning off fishing under birds and caught tons of small fish. We kept moving and we finally got on a school of keeper fish. The bull reds showed up and busted up the bite, but not before we hooked into three of them at the same time. Two were released and one was kept for supper! We moved over to reefs and points fishing the Shrimp Creole Shrimp under a cork picking away at keeper fish. The wind was blowing 15-20 mph which made it very tough. The guys threw in the towel around noon and we headed in.

Thanks Capt K Labat for taking Richard Jones crew out, they had a great time.

Name:	IMG_3268.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	2597

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Default Don’t go to delacroix

DON’T GO TO DELACROIX

As usual, river water all over the area and dirty. 2 of us left out of Sweetwater Marina and just like the name indicates—sweet water throughout the area and it’s a dead zone of dirty water. I should have gone to Port Sulphur where we been limiting out of big trout in clean, salty water. We caught 6 fish. Anyone we spoke to out there was doing horribly. Won’t be back anytime soon and won’t believe any fishing reports from the area unless they are speaking the truth.
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Oyster Reef Specks

Today Glen, Rocky and I left out of Port Sulphur launch under calm weather and overcast skies. The tide was super high covering the parking lot of the launch. It wasn’t long before we found the diving seagulls and trout under them. Nice size trout, not school trout using live shrimp and various lures under corks. We loaded the boat pretty quickly with non-stop action.

Name:	IMG_3187.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	2594

Name:	IMG_3189.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	2595

Default Afternoon Speckled Smokedown

Name:	IMG_3180.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	2591
    Had a big crew back with us staying at the Reel Inn this afternoon that fished. We departed the lodge at 1:15 and headed out sort of blind, since we haven't fished in the afternoon. I decided to check some reefs I haven't fished yet, and scratched on the first three stops. Our fourth stop had us picking at some small fish and iced down three keepers. Things were looking grim and not sure what was going to happen. The tide wasn't moving yet, so I had high hopes of the fish turning on once the tide started moving coming in. Our next stop was to another reef. I started drifting from South to North with the wind pushing us throwing the Matrix Shrimp Creole "Shrimp" under a cork. After hooking our first fish the Power Pole was deployed. It was game on afterwards!!! The tide started to move and the bite got hot and heavy. Every cast action under the corks in 3 ft of water. No throw back small fish, as all of the fish were 14-18 inches. It was insane and non stop. If you weren't catching a fish you were missing a fish!! Our count went from 3-51 fish before the bite shut down. We drifted two flocks of birds catching all dinks, then focused mainly on reefs. Our last stop had us finishing it off with a steady bite of 13-16 inch fish all under corks. Incredible time with my two man crew. Thanks Capt T for setting up the trip, and great team work between our five guides on the water.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Bite On Down in Du

Name:	IMG_3160.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	2590

I had Leland Willis and Leland Willis Jr from Florida with me. We headed to the trout grounds armed with double rigged Matrix Shad. The shrimp started skipping the surface with the Specks in hot pursuit. It didn't take long as we were all slinging specks into the boat 1-2 at a time. 50-50 ratio of keepers to throw backs. With 25 specks iced down I got a call from one of my team members Capt Rob. He was on a hot bite, so we decided to make a move since our bite was slower than I was looking for. We arrived on location to find multiple flocks of birds diving. We drifted through a flock and after the birds moved on, the bigger fish started to bite. I locked in the Motorguide Xi5 and we all were slinging in fish 1-2 at a time again! 90% of all the Specks were keepers. This bite lasted a good 30 plus minutes putting us up to over 50 fish. We hit one more flock with the same thing happening, the birds left and we continued to drift with the school catching keepers. With 72 trout in the K2 and the bite slowing down, the guys were not worried about a few more fish. We switched gears to soaking crabs and battling the bulls. Plenty big nasty drum were fought and boated and one nice 29.5 inch red boated and saved for grilling. It was a pleasure to fish with these guys and I look forward to their return.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulpur Trout Trip Blast

Port Sulpur Trout Trip Blast

Wednesday 2 of us left out of Port Sulpur’s public launch under calm weather and high tide to head to various spots in Lake Washington and the patchy islands in Bay Ronquille. Areas in about Lake Washington was slow fishing and water was a bit dirty. Plenty shrimpers in the area possibly the cause. We moved out to the open areas past the sulphur mines to head to the marshy island spots in Bay Ronquille, checking out areas for clear water and seagulls diving. We got into a good bite of nice sized specks and small white trout and one big 8 pound sheepshead. We limited out on the specks. Wind picked up over 15 mph out the east making it a rough ride back to the Freeport Sulphur canal. One block from the launch, we ran into clean water and seagulls diving; we caught a few more specks and picked up the boat to head home.

Name:	trout1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	2589

Default Great Day smashing the Trout

Name:	IMG_3007.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	2586
    Joey Amorello and crew made it into the lodge Wednesday night. Joey cooked up a great steak and potato dinner and a incredible bread pudding. We woke up and loaded the Bluewaves up and off to the trout grounds! It didn't take long before the shrimp were running for their lives being chased by hungry trout. Our double rigged Matrix Shad lures quickly went to work slinging in fish after fish. Once the smoke settled 62 fish were taking a ice bath. The bite shut down earlier than it has been. We moved on to another location picking away under corks. Then soaked crabs only finding one redfish. We focused the rest of the day on trout finding big schools of smaller size fish with few keepers but got our total up to 80 trout. A incredible day as the guys had a blast catching all the fish and laughing and joking all day.

Thanks Capt Miller for running the second boat putting the guys on fish also, good times.
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Trout Catching on a Roll

Name:	IMG_2995.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	2585

Day 2 with Mike Baumann and Jim Larrison was another success. The trout ate up our double rigged Matrix Shad once again as they are feeding heavy on shrimp. Green hornet, shrimp creole, glow are the colors we used today. After icing down our limit we headed to the redfish hole. We found a perfect falling tide and figured the bite was going to be on fire, but it wasn't! One drum and three reds hit the deck. We moved all around seeing if we could locate them without any luck. We fished three other locations before calling it a day. The guys are going home loaded down with fillets. Thanks guys for two incredible days.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Crushing the Specks

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	2584
    Mike Baumann and Jim Larrison from were back with me today. Our morning started off by getting stopped, boarded, and checked by Coast Guard. The guys were very professional and friendly, once the inspection was complete we were on our way to catch trout. We found a good flock of birds working and the double rigged Matrix Shad went to work. It was fish on every cast! Most were coming in two at a time. We made quick work of putting our limit into the K2, then headed to the redfish honey hole. We dropped two crabs down and had two hook ups. This started it up as the reds were stacked and hungry. My guys caught reds every cast till about 10:30 when the tide quit. Incredible day for these guys as they had the time of their life.
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Page 11 of 224 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast