Page 11 of 221 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Trout Trip

Today Nolan and I left out of Port Sulphur to fish speckled trout. Weather was perfect in every way including the clarity of the water. Action started at the first stop and every other place thereafter. We used live shrimp and various lures, all produced fish. Many throw back, but we still managed to limit out on 50 trout.

Good fishin’,
    Jerrylabella.com
    Jerrylabella.com/forums
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2851.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	2530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2846.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	2532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2849.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	2533
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2844.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	2531  
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Tough Trout Trip

Rough trip today in Port Sulphur.. Water was dirty, winds were higher than predicted and Peter and I ran all over the place looking for trout . The fish didn't start biting to afternoon. We saw a good many boats and none of them were catching a thing. We managed to catch 17 trout and threw back undersize fish at least equal to what we kept.

jerrylabella.com
    jerrylabella.com/forums

Name:	trout1.jpg 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	2529

Default Big Bulls and Big Smiles

Name:	image.jpg 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	2526

Day 2 with my five boat charter from Lufkin Texas. The weather was unpredictable this morning, and I thought we would have to cancel. I met up with the crew at the lodge at 7am, and everyone wanted to fish. We discussed the plan while looking at the radar and came up with a game plan. Bull reds with cracked crab was the plan. We departed at 8am and arrived on location shortly after. The crabs went out on Carolina rigs and the action began!! The big Bulls up to 30 pounds came out to eat, and the guys could not have asked for more fun!! Bent rods and all the action they could ask for. Numerous bull reds and bull drum gave the guys all the drag pulling they could ask for. I've never seen a crew before so happy and excited to battle the Bulls!! When I asked them if they wanted to hit the shallows and Catch on plastic, they said "no we want to stay here and battle the Bulls"!! What a incredible feeling it was to see how excited they were and listen to the excitement in their voices. Despite the unfavorable conditions, all of the boats loaded the boats with fish....and all had extremely happy customers. Thanks to everyone who made the trip such success. Looking forward to your return guys, thanks again.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, R Dupont, TLuv Lovell, and K Labat. These guys worked hard in adverse conditions and made all the customers happy. It's great to work with the best Capt's on Bayou Dularge. Great job guys!!!

985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Default Trout and reds on a Windy day

Views:	29 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	2525
    I had five boats out today with a big crew from Texas. Weather changed up on us big time and we had to adapt. We all loaded up with live shrimp this morning as insurance and headed to protected areas. The water was clean and green but the bite was slow. We got on a couple good runs on double rigged Matrix Shad, then the bite went dead. Not a single bite on live shrimp. We stuck out trout fishing as long as we could, then headed North to the ponds. We stuck a couple nice reds and a pup drum on Purple Haze Vortex Shad, then called it a day. Tough day compared to the last few weeks, but we did our best to put the customers on fish. Everyone had a good time, thanks guys.

Big thanks to Capt's T Miller, R Dupont, TLUV Lovell, and K Labat for running the other boats for me. Top notch guides that always work hard to put our customers on fish. Thank you guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Lawg Trout

Views:	34 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	2524

Derrick Glover and crew joined me today. We got on a hot bite at daybreak, as the shrimp and trout were busting the surface all around the boat. Double rigged Matrix Shad was doing its thing as always. Our bite went dead with 51 fish on ice around 8 am. We went pick up a few live shrimp when our fish shut down, and the LAWGS started to hit the box. We added another 30 trout, some puppy drum, bay snapper and a red. The 120 qt K2 was stuffed and we couldn't close the lid!! What a awesome day. Biggest trout of the year so far as we had trout up to 22 inches. Thanks guys for such a great day and catch.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Early Morning Trout

Views:	35 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	2523

Day 2 with Bisso Marine. After another great night at the lodge and Chef Ricks cooking, we all went to bed full. Being a Saturday we knew we had to leave early to beat the 100 boats going out. We got on location and found the bite to be slow. All of a sudden big shrimp started jumping next to the boat and the trout were eating them up, coming out the water chasing them. It was fish on!! The double rigged Matrix Shad went to work and the trout started hitting the deck!! Everyone was hooked up! Once the school moved it was back to picking away at them. By 9:30 with a solid box of fish, my crew of two said they were completely happy with what we had and we're ready to head in! No problem, we got in, cleaned fish, ate Chef Ricks fabulous lunch, washed the boats and was relaxing. A great two days as always with Bisso, thanks for the continued business.

Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat with Bisso. Capt L Barr and Capt K Labat for running my MMR crew and Capt E Rodrigue for taking care of John Pettigrew and crew. Everyone had a great time today. Good work guys.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Trout on Fire

Views:	43 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	2522Bisso Marine was back in the lodge with us. Chef Rickie did his thing as usual and everyone went to bed happy. We got up early and made our way out to the fishing grounds. Second cast and it was fish on. After icing down 42 fish the bite was over. We made another quick move and it was fish on every cast again. We made short work and finished it off. Double rigged Matrix Shad as always accounted for all of our fish. No live bait was harmed!!

Big thanks to Capt T Miller for running the second boat.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulphur Great Conditions for Trout

Nolan Franz (former Green Bay Packers and Tulane player) and I left out of Port Sulphur under perfect conditions. We headed straight for Lake Washington oyster reefs to fish speckled trout. First stop action was furious on live shrimp and also lures under corks. Many throw back undersized fish, but there were very nice keepers amongst them too. We totaled out on the keepers of 37, but had to throw back at least another 20 under-sized fish. Though Nolan is a former pro NFL player, the damage from doing so became evident, when he clumsily feel into the live bait box, breaking the hinges off one side of the box. He almost went overboard. Anyway, he managed to snag the biggest speckled trout of the trip and the only sheepshead (striped buck-toothed bandit) of the trip, which was one of the largest I have seen lately.

Good fishin’,
    Jerrylabella.com/forums’
    Jerrylabella.com
    #1 saltwater fishing article’s website for over 2 decades

Name:	box.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	2510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sheep.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	2511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trout.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	2512

Default Trout and Reds Making Memories 5-10

Views:	40 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	2503

Day two with Tom Strange and crew from Texas was even better than day one!! We loaded the Bluewave with live shrimp again for insurance due to the high winds again. We started out over a reef in 3-4 ft of water only catching about 7 fish on shrimp. We saw a flock of birds in the distance diving like crazy, so we made a move. The double rigged Matrix Shad went to work and it was fish on everycast for about 20 minutes. We moved around picking away once the bite slowed down. We trolled around with the Motorguide Xi5 and came up on another reef in 3 ft of water and it was on!! We had trout coming in 1 - 2 at a time everycast for a good thirty minutes. We did have to weed through some of this school, as they were not all big. At 11 we left the trout, as my guys wanted to fight a few reds in the shallows. After dropping the Xi5 Lee was hooked up on his second cast!! Then a couple minutes later a double hook up with some bruiser reds! They ended up hooking 8 and boating six. Catching the reds made the guys trip, memories they will never forget!! Thanks guys for two great days and I look forward to your return.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Day 1 with Texas crew 5-9

Views:	35 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	2502

Tom Strange and crew from Texas joined me on the Bluewave today. So much for the calm winds we had over the weekend!! We knew it was going to be a challenge with the high winds so we picked up some live shrimp. We tucked into protected water as good as we could and found clean water. The bite was much slower than I expected, even throwing live shrimp most of the day we caught the majority of our fish on Matrix Shad double rigged. Our final stop was the only time all day that the shrimp took the lead. It was a very odd bite, we probably missed 4 x's the amount of fish we caught. No limits today but majority of the fish were 14-18 inches with some going 20. Nice solid fish in tough conditions. All fish were caught over reefs in 3-5ft depths. Thanks guys.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    facebook.com/absolutefishingchartersLLC
    https://Instagram.com/capt_marty_lacoste
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Page 11 of 221 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast