Page 11 of 225 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Default Meat Haul

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3491.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	2612

Day two with Dan Ducote and family was a much nicer weather day!! The guys had so much fun the day before catching bay snapper, we went straight for them in the morning! We tried for trout real quick with no takers, then sent out the bait shrimp. First cast and BAM!! It was on the rest of the morning!! We stuffed the K2 full until the bite played out. We added 6 trout to the mix and called it quits around 11 as the guys arms were tired from reeling in all the fish!! Great two days with these guys as usual, what a meat haul!! Thanks Capt T Miller for lining everything up.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com

Default Gail Force Brutal Winds

Name:	IMG_3470.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	2611

Day one with Dan Ducote and family onboard. Gail force 30 mph winds were forecasted but the guys were coming no matter what and fishing. Our first couple stops didn't look promising at all, the winds were brutal. We tried to find some protected areas but there was no place to hide from these winds. We found two suicide trout, then switched to plan B soaking shrimp. The jail birds cooperated and we started filling up the K2. The guys loved catching the bay snapper and loved eating them last night even more. Thanks guys for making the day a success. Thanks Capt T Miller for putting the trip together.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Good trout day

Name:	IMG_3459.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	2610
    The BUMS fishing team were back onboard looking for trout. Our morning started off rather slow picking away at the fish. We covered some water not finding much, then finally hit the mother load! We found the trout stacked up on a point with good moving water. It was every cast fast action tight lining the Shrimp Creole Matrix Shad on a 1/4 oz jig head. Once this bite ended, we moved to a reef and got on another lil run of trout. Good times as usual with these guys. Thanks Capt RD for setting up the trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur: So Much Fish, Itís Hardly a Challenge

I left out of the public launch this morning under clear skies a calm weather with a high tide and clean water. First stop was all it took. Catching trout on tandem beetles and minnow lures 2 at the time and at times with or without corks. Tide was falling fast and the fish were hungry. The day was beautiful only made better after I limited out on trout and located a redfish hole which I limited out on as well.

Name:	IMG_3223.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	2606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3220.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	2607
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Default Du Trout

Name:	IMG_3442.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	2605

Warren Green and his sons came down from Monroe to fish. We found a slower bite than the last few days. We drifted an area I've been doing good at, only to find 15 keepers. The hunt was on. We drifted over several reefs I haven't fished yet finding another 9 trout, a red and a bay snapper. On the move fishing points adding another 5-6 keepers per stop. Our last stop was another reef in a protected area. First cast produced a 17 inch fish!! Then another.....and another!! We had some real solid fish coming in and then Warren hooked a pig. This fish was tearing up the water, you could see its mouth wide open, big fat and long body. Four feet from the boat she spit the hook. I can only estimate this fish would have gone 5 pounds minimum maybe heavier, we were devastated! We finished the day off soaking crabs for a lil while before calling it a day.

Thanks to Capt Labat for taking out Brian Poeschel and wife from Florida. They got on some trout and battled the bulls.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Super Clean Water Plenty Fish

Friday I left out of the public launch solo to hit Lake Washington area, Water was cleaner as I have ever seen it and the tide was incoming. First spot right of the Freeport Sulphur canal was a speckled trout explosion sending me into frenzy trying to capitalize on them but for some reason my lines kept tangling and bird nesting. Seemed every thing was going wrong as I tried to hustle getting the fish in the boat before they stopped. I managed put some fish in the boat but by the time I regrouped the bite stopped. I moved around locating fish here and there and decided to catch some redfish which I limited out on. On the way back to the launch, after loading the box with trout and redfish, I stumbled upon diving seagulls slamming shrimp on the subsurface where large trout were obliging. I drifted to them and caught 2 at the time fat speckled trout and decided I had enough and proceeded in.

Name:	IMG_3208.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	2604

Blog Entries

Default Wednesday Port Sulphur Blast

I left out of the public launch in Port Sulphur solo to fish Lake Washington area. The weather was very moderate with light winds and decent tide. Water clarity wasnít ideal but it did clear up as the incoming tide started around noon. The trip started off very discouraging for lack of fish obliging, but again I was fishing the lower end of the low tide. Wasnít until afternoon fish turned on and I was catching trout 2 at time and at times using corks and various lures like minnow lures and beetles in tandem. They also obliged on tight line tandem rigs. I had live shrimp as well and used them all up in between slow bites. I limited out on redfish and caught a pile of white and speckled trout mixed numbering in the 40-50 count.

Name:	fish.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	2602

Default Mixed Box Smackdown

Incredible day today catching Trout, bass, and a couple reds. Repeat customers Corey Louis, Chance Weber, and Ben Speights were onboard the big Bluewave with me once again. We started the morning off slinging in some nice specks on the Shrimp Creole shrimp in 5-7 ft depths off of a point with moving water. http://matrixshad.com/shop/shrimp-creole-tko-shrimp/

The trout were busting shrimp on the surface all around us. When things slowed down a bit we started to catch some green trout along the bank. We then turned our focus to them and it payed off. The Green Hornet Matrix Shad went to work, and we put a good hurt on the green trout. We ended the day adding about 10 more specks over a reef in 2 ft of water before calling it a day. Always a pleasure to fish with these guys, thanks for another memorable trip!

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3298.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	2600  
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Dularge Trout

Name:	IMG_3289.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	2599

Great time today with Stephen Polk from Memphis. We got on a good bite early this morning catching some nice keepers. When the bite slowed we went on the hunt catching fish at every stop except one. Tons of small fish everywhere as we caught 120 plus fish through out the day. Points with moving current worked best for us fishing the Shrimp Creole shrimp under a cork. We fished the last hour soaking crabs to try to get Stephen a redfish but the tide quit and no luck. Thanks for a great day.
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Trout Fishing

Name:	IMG_3281.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	2598
    Stephen Domingues and his family joined us. We spilt up in two boats targeting trout. Our first stop found shrimp running for their lives. Most of the trout were small and were hard to keep up with. We picked away till it slowed down and focused the rest of the day on points and reefs. We got on a good run off a point that had a good current line coming around it. Around noon the guys had enough and we headed to the dock.

Big thanks to Capt Big Dawg Kyzar for taking the other half of the group. They loved catching the reds and drum, and Capt K Labat for showing the other group a great time.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Page 11 of 225 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast