Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Blog Entries

Port Sulphur Perfect Weather

I left out of Port Sulphur solo under perfect incoming tide and very low wind conditions. The water in the Freeport Sulpur canal was real clean. I had live shrimp and started fishing Lake Washington where the trout were undersized. I progressively moved around and picked up some keeper sized fish and, located off the Freeport Sulpur canal, diving seagulls where large trout were feeding. I picked up few trout here before they moved on. The Sulpur mine didn’t have much going on but there were a good many boats out today, but I didn’t see them catching much. I also fished the camps out in the bay where I caught some more keeper trout. I used Berkley Gulp shrimp in white glow/ chartreuse tail as well as glow and chartreuse beetles in tandem, both setups under cork. Total trout keepers 17 and must have threw back a dozen or more under sized trout.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4188.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	2905
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulphur: Low Morning Tide; Dirty Water

Port Sulphur: Low Morning Tide; Dirty Water

It was a solo trip. So Lo like the tide. Water in the area was low in morning and murky and trying to locate clean water was a bit of a challenge. I had live shrimp this time and did catch some trout most of which were under-sized. My favorite spots weren’t exactly ideal for water conditions but the tide was incoming. Even though the water was incoming and rising fast, the wind became a factor as well. Long story short, I got a dozen fish and threw back probably another dozen. The pic wasn’t that good because the sun was so bright I couldn't focus or see the picture frame in the camera.

Name:	IMG_4154-2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	2901

Shell Beach head hunting. Friday Stephen LaCoste and his sons Cole and Christian joined me for a run into the Sound. There was a little chop on the way out, but it calmed down and got slick as we got further out. The first rig we hit started out slow with way too many catfish. We made a move and found another rig that looked to be holding fish and tried it out. It did not take long and poles were bent over with drags ripping. The boys filled up the box with a bunch of big Sheepshead and a couple Reds. They had a blast and wore themselves out.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with dead shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The spring trout bite is starting to heat up and the sheepshead and bull red bite in The Sound is crazy right now. Now is the time to get your spring and summer fishing dates in the books before the best dates get filled up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison
    Instagram capt._rory_rorison

Blog Entries

Default Port Sulpur –Wind-Blown Trip

Port Sulpur –Wind-Blown Trip

This is my first trip fishing in several months and thought I would check out the area since the hard freeze we had a few months ago. I wanted to see how the speckled trout bite was the day before Wednesday’s cold front came through. I stopped by the bait shop at Myrtle Grove marina to see if they had any live shrimp. The attendant said they had no bait dead or live. Well I left there saying this is going to be a real challenge seeing I would only resort to plastic. When I got to the launch, it was a bit breezy and the tide was high. I headed to the east side of the Freeport Sulphur canal discovering the water was dirty. Make a long story short, after several hours of not catching a thing, I found some cleaner water and started to catch a very few speckled trout moving all over the place, using every sort of plastic lures I had. Final results: a total of 7 speckled trout. When I got back to the launch, the whole landing was flooded with water due to the high tide still incoming. I had a hard time getting the boat back on the trailer without launching the truck.

Big fish beat down in Shell Beach today with the Chad Bilotti group from Atlanta. Today started out a little windier than yesterday and I was not sure we could get out in the Sound, but it was not too bad. Our first stop started off slow with a bunch of catfish. We then ran to another rig and it was loaded with fish. It was big head after big head with a bull red thrown in every once in a while. Could not get any easier, just drop down a dead shrimp on a jig head and hold on. It was a lot of fun and they filled up the box in no time.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with dead shrimp on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

The spring trout bite is starting to heat up and the sheepshead and bull red bite in The Sound is crazy right now. Now is the time to get your spring and summer fishing dates in the books before the best dates get filled up. Don't miss out on the fun, call now to book your trip of a lifetime. Overnight accommodations on the bayou are available.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Shell Beach meat haul today. The Royce family were my guests of the day and a good day it was. The weather was perfect so we headed deep into the Sound. We made two stops and filled the boat with fish and let a bunch go for another day. This Reds and Heads bite is nuts right now and as easy as it gets. The kids had a great time, were worn out, and brought home a whole lot of fish to fry.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Matrix Shads on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Last edited by capt_rory; 04-02-2018 at 07:07 PM.

Thursday Trout haul at Shell Beach. Most of the action lately has been on Sheepshead and Bull Reds out in Breton Sound. The action has been crazy fast and the catching as easy as it gets. My crew yesterday, Joe and Paul, wanted to look for some speckled trout on the edge of The Sound. With the fish still transitioning to their spring hangouts the trout were very scattered. We fished with Matrix Shads 3’ under a cork and did lots of drifting over reefs picking up one here and one there. Stuck down a couple times where we picked up several fish at each spot, but being on the move was the key to putting speckled trout in the boat. With 48 pretty trout on ice we made one stop to fish on the bottom with dead shrimp adding a bunch of sheepshead and 3 drum to the box.

All fish in the Suzuki powered Blazer Bay 2400 were caught with Matrix Shads on Capt. Rory's United Charters custom rods provided by CUI Products with Penn reels, spooled with Power Pro line. All fish removed and boxed with the one and only Just Grab it Glove.

Capt. Rory Rorison
    United Charters
    Shell Beach, LA
    504-439-1680
    rory@unitedcharters.com
    www.unitedcharters.com
    @CaptRoryRorison

Default Thursday Trout Reds Heads

Day two with Ryan Belanger and crew found perfect conditions. We started the morning off catching trout a little faster than yesterday, so I thought it was on!! Not the case!! We iced down ten Trout and it slowed down. Stick and moved at 5-6 more places only finding a few more fish. The guys opted for plan B, so we headed to the honey hole for reds!!! The reds cooperated as we probably caught 30-40 keeping 13 and adding 14 bay snapper. Everyone had a fun time and we ended with a respectable catch.

Capt Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Wednesday Trout Reds Heads

Name:	IMG_0475.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	2886

Ryan Belanger and his buddy were back on the #bluewaveboats with me today. We were greeted with fairly calm winds this morning and found clean water at our first stop. Within a few cast we had our first trout and thought it was going to be on! Well, we grinded and grinded and grinded the rest of the day fishing hard for our catch. We covered some water and fished late searching for a bite, but they never turned on. Purple Haze #matrixshad tightlined caught most of our trout and maybe two came under a cork on shrimp Creole. The reds and heads hit bait shrimp. We didn't set any records today but still managed a decent mess of fish. Enjoyed fishing with these guys again.

Capt Marty LaCoste985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Tuesday Trout and Reds

Brad Elliot and family drove down from Mississippi to fish today. With a lil better wind forecast and nice blue clear skies we headed out in the #bluewaveboats. Our first two stops produced 20 specks all on Purple Haze #matrixshad tight lined. With the bite rather slow we decided to switch gears to reds. We went to where I found them piled up yesterday and slowly started picking away at reds and bay snapper. Lots of small fish today as we weeded through 40-50 reds keeping 13. My crew were excited and enjoyed catching all the fish even though we couldn't keep them all. We needed the day with a nice mess of fish and everyone with big smiles. Thanks again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	2885

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Page 3 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast