Page 51 of 225 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: Louisiana

Default Fourchon Oilman Trout Slam Day 1

Unbelievable day down in Fourchon for the third annual Fourchon Oilmans. I had five boats running today with BISSO Marine. We found crystal clear water at our first stop and put 7 trout and a red in the box. Made a quick move and started hammering the trout every-cast on double rigged Matrix Shad. We had the trout coming in 4-8 at a time. It was as good as it gets and fast and furious as it gets!! After icing down our 100 trout in the K2 we made a move to the reds. We topped off the box with 7 reds, 8 bay snapper, 1 flounder, and a few channel mullet. Made it back to the camp for a incredible lunch.

Between our five boats we had 400 trout, 48 reds, 15 channel mullet, 15 bay snapper, 3 puppy drum, and 1 flounder.

Big thanks to Capts Travis, Chris, Anthony, and Joel for putting their crews on the fish.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    www.absolutefishingcharters.com
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    Absolute Fishing Charters, LLC
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Bass N Reds Slam

David Hebert joined me today down in Dularge. David wanted to catch some bass and reds, no problem!! We had the bass jumping in the boat at our first stop!! Not fast and furious like past trips but steady. We weren't going to keep any fish but decided to keep a few!! After catching enough and giving the nicer fish a ice bath, it was time for reds. Didn't take long as our first stop and cast produced a solid sight casted red!! We iced down a few in one spot and missed several more. Our next stop produced a couple more, and so on. We caught fish at every stop today. Avocado Matrix shad with gold spinner was the ticket, the fish ate them up!! A great time was had and we were back before noon beating the rain. Thanks again David as I really enjoyed fishing with you.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Trout On Fire!!

Great having Tim Barras, Nathan Knowles, and Larry Landry back onboard today. After a great night sleep at The Reel Inn Lodge, we departed at daybreak. It was on fire as soon as I stopped the boat. We had the trout coming in 4-8 at a time on double rigged Matrix Shad. The fish were in a frenzy hitting the baits as soon as they hit the water. We had right at 70 trout iced down by 7:00am. The bite came to a halt, we made a move catching another 20 on live shrimp then finished up the last few back on Matrix (I could not take that slow bite sitting in one spot chunking that live stuff!!! Too slow and boring for me). Good times as usual and another solid catch in the books for Tim with me!! Thanks guys for a great time.

Big thanks to Capt Travis Miller for running the second boat with Joseph Ciganek. Joseph experienced the best day fishing of his life. He had never caught more than three fish on a trip before today. Easy limits for all!!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Trout Busting

After a well needed weeks vacation its back to the grind of doing what we do best!!! Great having Bill & Will Reed and Terry & Brad Rodrigue back onboard today. My first few stops didn't go as planned as we were catching all juvenile trout. Persistence was key and our numbers continued to grow!! We had to move a lot today as the most we caught in one spot was 25 fish. Even though we had well over 300 croakers in the live well, only one fish hit a croaker. Double rigged Matrix Shad as always whacked the trout, they just can't resist them!! Avocado, Tiger, and Green Hornet all produced. Thanks again guys for another great day!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Dularge Trout Slamming 7-2-13

It was great having Mark Braud back onboard. Today Mark brought his wife Kristina to join in on a great trout slam. Easy as it gets again today, as the trout can't resist the Matrix Shad Baits. Our first stop had 50 fish taking a ice bath in the K2 before the bite shut down. One more stop and it was all over!!!! Avocado, Tiger, and Green Hornet Matrix Shad reeled in with a slow steady retrieve worked best. The trout ate up the Matrix like there was no tomorrow. Matrix are the best soft plastics on the market hands down. Not sure how others faired out today, as I did not see another boat around reel in a fish (except for some guys throwing live bait catching gafftop catfish). Thanks Mark and Kristina for another exceptional day on the water.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Talking Dularge Fishng!

Dularge Reds & Specks

Quick report, we will resume our charter trips on Monday,July 8 as everyone is taking a break. The past few days I fished with Brian Grona and his 14 yr old son Parker from Ft Worth,Tx. The first day we hit Coon Island picking up 25-30 nice trout and afterwards the guys wanted to battle some south Louisiana reds. Mission accomplished on both species as we whacked the reds too. The next day the weather was rough offshore so we stuck to catching redfish. Parker and his dad had no problem catching their limits as the previous day. The Texas natives loved our south Louisiana fishing and I have no doubt they will be back for more soon. Thanks guys for a great trip! Gotta run, leaving for my 4 day mini vacation!! Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
    985-637-3712

Talking Specks and Reds!

Happy July 4th everyone! This week has been another good one with some good numbers of trout and redfish. We did much better catching redfish this week as beating the banks was more productive than fighting 3 ft seas in the gulf. I thought we would hit the 10,000 mark on trout caught this week but we fell short due to stiff winds in the gulf and a few cancelled trips. About all we could do the last few days was fish the south side of Coon Island by the rocks to find our trout. Taylor Bayou produced some good trout but only for a few calm hours yesterday. I'm confident that we will achieve the mark next week as we have 23 trips on the books! Keep in mind that night fishing is available as Capts Josh & Brady are ready to go at any time. The remainder of this month will be awesome in regards to trout fishing before it slows down in August. Give us a call to book your trip before the month of July passes you by. Good luck fishing.

Capt Bill Lake
    985-637-3712

Default Easy Trout Limits! 7-1-13

Leroy and Jacques Boutin joined me today for a trout slam. We departed The Reel Inn Lodge at daybreak and found a little bite along the coast, but it was a little slow. We made a few moves till we found trout water and that was all she wrote!!! Double rigged Matrix Shad dominating Dularge!! The trout can't resist them, as no live bait is needed right now. We had them coming in the boat from all directions. Biggest fish today hit three pounds with most averaging 1.5-2 pounds. Avocado, Green Hornet, Tiger, and Lemon Head Matrix all produced. Slow steady retrieve is all you had to do and wait for the hit! A great time was had by all as the day could not have been any better. Thanks again guys for a magnificent day on the water. Look forward to seeing y'all again!!

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default Incredible Day on the Du 6-30-13

Great having Cody Lenert from Shreveport back onboard the big Bluewave today. Joining Cody were Pat Temple and Chandler Phillips. We departed from The Reel Inn Lodge around 6 am. We headed straight for the green trout honey hole. One stop and we drifted 20 yards, dropped the PowerPole and it was a done deal. It took us right at about 30 minutes to catch our limit of 40 bass. We never moved the boat and we had them coming in almost everycast. If you weren't reeling one in you had missed one. Quick and easy and we were off to find reds. Our first stop only produced a few throwbacks, so off we went!! Found what we were looking for at our second stop. Crystal clear water in the pockets of grass had us sight casting every red we caught today. The reds were finicky as I lost count of the fish that would follow the spoons or spinners and just bump them not eating them. Crazy as we watched them clear as day. It's always a blast fishing with Cody an his crew. I had more fun today watching them hook into all the reds. Incredible sight to see. Thanks again guys and I look forward to our next upcoming trip.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Default MoonLight Trout!!

Gaiennie Lumber Co was back onboard the big Bluewave last night!! We had two boats running. We departed from The Reel Inn Lodge before dark and settled in on the fishing grounds. The evening started off slow but as night progressed so did the bite. The guys had some solid fish coming into the boat with the biggest fish going almost 23 inches. Good times were had as always. Of course, all fish were caught on the now famous Matrix Shad!!! The fish really wanted the Green Hornet last night. Big thanks to Scotty Muller with Gaiennie Lumber for the continued business. Also big thanks to Capt Travis Miller for running the second boat.

Thanks also to Capt Aaron Julien who fished with John Murray today. The guys had a blast reeling in reds and puppy drum in the marsh.

Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985-856-4477
    Capt. Marty LaCoste
    985 856 4477
    captmartyl@yahoo.com

Page 51 of 225 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast