Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Costa Rica

Default December 30, 2008

The fishing was good again today out of the Los Suenos Marina…although more scattered than yesterday the marlin bite was still hot and there were a bunch of boats offshore and almost everyone still seemed to be catching marlin.
    Captain Dana on the Hoo’s your Daddy went 3 for 5 on marlin, Captain Brandon on the [...]

Read more at Costa Rica Fishing Report

Default Happy New Year!

The best to you and yours in 2009

Default December 31, 2008

Happy New Year from Costa Rica…
    The marlin bite was off the hook again today.* The guys are fishing 30 to 50 miles out and everyone is getting a chance at marlin.
    Captain Bill on the Sailfish caught a slam today about 40 miles out…they had a blue marlin, striped marlin, 2sailfish and 6 mahi mahi.
    Captain Dave [...]

Default December 29, 2008

The fishing was red hot today out of the Los Suenos Marina.* The marlin bite is probably the best it has ever been according to several seasoned captains.* It seemed like everyone caught marlin today with some sailfish and mahi mahi mixed in.
    Captain Brandon on the Fish Whistle caught a stripe marlin, a blue marlin [...]

Default December 28, 2008

The fishing the past couple days continues to be good out of the Los Suenos Marina near Jaco Beach.* Everyone is catching some fish and lots of boats are getting a shot at a marlin.
    Captain Brandon on the Fish Whistle took a father and his sons offshore and they released 5 sailfish, caught 8 mahi [...]

Default December 26, 2008

The fishing heated up today out of the Los Suenos Marina.* The marlin bite was especially good with several boats getting marlin bites.
    Captain Dave on the Missbehavin went 30 miles out and caught a slam today with a 300 blue marlin, striped marlin, 4 sailfish and 3 mahi mahi.
    Captain Rusty on the Prime Time was [...]

Default Happy Holidays from Costa Rica

There were a couple boats fishing out of the Los Suenos Marina the past few days.** Everyone seems to be averaging 4 or 5 sailfishand a few mahi mahi per day.* Some of the bigger boats have been running way offshore (55 miles) and rumors are they are having a good striped marlin bite.* A [...]

Default December 22, 2008

I have had some computer problems so I wasn’t able to update my fishing report until today.** The fishing out of the Los Suenos Marina the past week has been about average. * The fishing seemed to slow down a little but everyone is still catching some fish.
    I went out on the Dragin Fly last [...]

Default December 16, 2008

The fishing continues to be steady out of the Los Suenos Marina.* The holiday crowd hasn’t showed up yet but there are still boats going out and we are still catching fish.
    I went out today with some friends from St Louis.* We fished with my friends on the Desperado.* We fished 30-40 miles out and [...]

Default December 12, 2008

The charter dock at Los Suenos has been a little slow the past week.* These are the last slow days we will have until the holiday crowds start to show up around the 18th of December.* The boats that are going out are still having some luck.
    Captain Jeremy on the R&J took a group offshore [...]