Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dominican Republic

claudel Platel (Firstclf) Guest

Default sport fishing in Punta cana Re

sport fishing in Punta cana Report by Vicent Vacca

During my 1 week stay in the Dominican Republic I wanted to do some fishing and was directed to First Class Fishing. They told me of the top notch service, boats, equipment and crew they run. THEY WERE CORRECT. We started out fishing about 2 miles off the coast trolling fresh ballyhoo and each fisherman had his own rod. About an hour into the fishing a big school of Mahi-Mahi came through and everyone was hooked up. Everyone landed their fish and then some. The 5 man charter ended up with 16 Mahi-Mahi up to 15 lbs and a BIG barracuda. The captain Manuel made sure we had fish for our trip and the mate Marcos was extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend these guys. GREAT JOB GUYS. THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT

Sport Deep sea fishing report by First Class Fishing charters from Punta cana Dominican Republic.
    Fishermen been having a great moment with our fishing trips experience, coinciding with good weather conditions. It definitely has been tough for the new anglers and this week was a prime example. our captains reported excellent fishing on Monday with flat conditions and warm temperatures in the Punta cana areas. Fishermen from all regions of the world are starting to fish in our local water.

Many schools of Big bull head (Mahi mahi or dolphin) and bonitos are finding at 3 to 8 miles offshore now.Many fishermen have begun to troll deep along punta cana and catching nice saifishes. Punta cana is still a good deep sea fishing destination that still remain a secret to discorver in the caribbean’s region.The blue marlins are still finding at couple miles behind the small mahi mahi and bonitos in the feeding area, baitfish are migrating under anything floting and they have been intercepting by the big predators.They are swept along in the current.
    In all regions of punta cana have being caught 10 to 65 pounds dolphin,Fishermen are also chumming with good success for barracuda,wahoo are also still catching blue marlin,bonito,yelow fin tuna, with ballyhoo and plastic lures.The 2006 sailfish sport fishing season could be one of the best we ever had, firstclassfishing.com will inform with the lastest deep sea fishing news in Punta cana Dominican Republic.

www.firstclassfishing.com
    support@firstclassfishing.com
    809-8670381,809-8528737

Default Sport Fishing Report in Punta

Sport Fishing Report in Punta cana Dominican Republic By Client Vicent Vacca.
    During my 1 week stay in the Dominican Republic I wanted to do some fishing and was directed to First Class Fishing. They told me of the top notch service, boats, equipment and crew they run. THEY WERE CORRECT. We started out fishing about 2 miles off the coast trolling fresh ballyhoo and each fisherman had his own rod. About an hour into the fishing a big school of Mahi-Mahi came through and everyone was hooked up. Everyone landed their fish and then some. The 5 man charter ended up with 16 Mahi-Mahi up to 15 lbs and a BIG barracuda. The captain Manuel made sure we had fish for our trip and the mate Marcos was extremely helpful. I would definitely recommend these guys. GREAT JOB GUYS. THANKS AGAIN FOR A GREAT TRIP. GRACIAS PARA TODO!!!!

Default This is our sport fishing news

This is our sport fishing news for Punta cana Dominican Republic at firstclassfishing.com.we are using light tacles 20-30 at 3 to 8 miles offshore,with our sports fishing boats;Shekinah,Alta Mar,Intrepido our charter captains Manuel Mota,Luis Alberto and Emilio Santana hope a better season is coming soon during the winter.
    The sea condition is stady,clear,2-3 feet wave and the fishing action is just as hot. Solid catches of 20-30 pounds dorados are being taken throughout the region, particularly around Punta cana. School size yellowfin tuna are abundant at four miles offshore. There have also been good catches of Sailfish three miles offshore and multiple sailfish released in the area. Wahoo have also been caught offshore and several Blue Marlin have been released in the same area in the past several days.

Things are looking good and shaping up nicely saifish and mahi mahi Season, particularly in Punta cana the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic.First Class Fishing Charter keep you update with lastest accomplishment.

809-8670381,809-8528737

Default Dominican republic east coast,

Dominican republic east coast,Punta cana deep sea fishing charters report the last sport fishing trip on our
    Sport fishing boats;Intrepido and Shekinah with Manuel Mota and Emilio Santana as skipper.

The sports fishing trip during the first week of october have been successful,our charters captains and mates are motivate than ever. The sky is partialy cloudy ,2-4 feet wave,trolling 3-4 knoots wind ,2-10 miles offshore. excelente sea condition for dolphin and wahoo. In Punta cana the weater condition its been good caparing with years before during the huracan season.
    We have been fishing with light tacle (20-30 line) and ballyhoo prepared with steel wire for wahoos,barracuda and mahi mahi,we were also using the kona head for big blue marlin but we could not get what we were looking for ,only we had 7 hits but we fought 2 betwee 150-180 pounds released and five scaped.Big schools of mahi mahi on floting wood,we caught almost 325(5 to 20 kg )in 15 day trip, the wahoo fishing been owsome almost 2 per trip (7-15 kg).
    We hope to bring the doble of those amount on board during the last quarter moon,of course the sailfish sponing season is cominig soon.
    firstclassfishing.com will post every fishing news from Punta cana in the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic.

809-8670381,809-8528737

Default The deep sea fishing in punta

The deep sea fishing in punta cana have been great and successful during september.the weather was alright comparing with years before,slow wind and sunny,the ocean was normal (1 to 3 feet wave) perfect for the easrtern coast of the Dominican Republic.
    Our charter Captain Emilio Santana on our sportfishing boat named INTREPIDO has had one of his best sports fishing season in punta cana,the bigest surprise was at the biggining of september when him and his firstmate Marcos ventura caught 4 billfishes at only 3-7 miles offshore with light tacle 20 and 30pds penn international reel, in this catch they had 3 sailfishes bite at once and 1 white marlin around 68 pounds,wich were all released.
    The mahi mahi season is been also spectacular this month our skippers report 200 pieces (12-50 pounds) during september wich were very good for the BBQ.

Our skipper Manuel Mota on our sport fishing boat Bertram42 named SHEKINAH reports 3 blues marlin,2 sailfishes,1 white marlin and 150 dorados during september.
    In october we espect to break this number because the winter is almost arriving and it atract mahi mahi,bonito in big shools to the feeting spots,
    In First Class Fishing Charter as salt water fishing outffiter we will keep you update with the latest fishing report from Punta cana Domnican Republic.

809-8670381,809-8528737

Michael Wagner (Mikefisher) Guest

Default What a lucky son of a b...Brav

What a lucky son of a b...Brave Fisherman!

We are in mid Hurricane Season for our local waters, off the Dominican Republic's east coast, out of Punta Cana, but this lovely sunny saturday morning we have winds of 5Knots and less, sea 2ft max, sun is the typical caribbean power plant.

We are mid Blue Marlin Season, but 42ft Post named Intrepido is running out fishing with my friend Gabi, her brother and his 3 kiddies, all firsttimers, so Skipper Ramon Emilio frequents the close to shore waters 2-4nmls off El Cortecito to target Dorados and Wahoo on light tackle, Kiddies stuff.

5 lines on 20 and 30lbs Penn Int.'s in the water for around 30 minutes the portside longrigger clicks, Ballyhoo in the mouth of a small 150lbs Blue Marlin, hooked himself, the unexpected fight is on by a 20lbs reel and line. Fighting down a Blue on that tackle would bring the Billy more dead than alive to the boat for the long fighting time, Ramon is chasing him mostly with the boat, so after 30 minutes Marcos gets a hand on the Bill to loose the hook, away he goes.

the next 1 1/2 hr brings the targetted Dorados fishing a weedline, all 10-15lbs class, the right stuff for our new offshore anglers. Still running on slow trolling along the weedline for more BBQ meet Ramon can see from the bridge what is coming up next, a once a lifetime hit, 4 Sailfishes on only 5-6 knots trolling speed in the spray at once, he hooks the one on the center line on the Bridge, Marcos failes one but hooks the other two and they fight 3 midsized Sails of around 40-50lbs the same time, a 14 year old boy, his father and the third one been for Mate Marcos, because the rest of the kiddies been aged 4-7, a bit too early.

I never in my life got 3 Billfishes hooked at once, so Ramon and Marcos had THEIR day today. After 40 minutes the last one been released and they went back inshore, BBQ waiting for the Dorados. For sure an unforgetable day for the firsttimers, even for an experienced crew.

We should target Dorados more often during Blue Marlin Season.

tight lines

Mike

Default after heavy rainfalls and thun

after heavy rainfalls and thunderstorms blowing over the area the last two weeks it looks like we come back to normal this week for the local waters offshore Punta Cana.
    so this tuesday august 16th 42ft Bertram Shekinah took a half day charter to target our atlantic Blues and had to pass only one fight for the morning. around 10AM with Mate Chino on the weel Skipper Jose Manuel Mota hooked the first hit of the morning, a blue Marlin taking the small lure running on the long outrigger line on portside, hook set nice and easy in the sword's base and charter client Charles Wells had it's 90 minutes fight on a 30 lbs line, before they released an 200+ blue marlin.
    the afternoon of the same day didn't went that bad neither, 2 blue Marlin hits missed to hook within the first 1 1/2 hrs and a 35 minutes fight on the 3rd hit on a 50lbs line to release a blue marlin of max 200lbs. winner of the day been the uncle of Jose Manuel, fishing as the skipper on a private owned boat taking a Blue Marlin of 590 lbs, the biggest one this month so far, fishing 80lbs tackle and fighting 2hrs within several friends.
    winds on a 10knots blowing ENE (70') and visibility a 10nmls we hope to stay on that quiet conditions for a while to come back to the rhytm to rock'n'roll on the Blues.
    hopefully to be continued
    Mike

Default Italian customer Fabio Steccan

Italian customer Fabio Steccanella had only one dream in mind when he contacted Mike at first early 2006, " i want to catch a Blue Marlin ".
    we figured out together when the best time during the 2006 Blue Marlin Season on the Dominican east coast would be, fishing out of Punta Cana, so at the end i decided by weather/moon/tide predictions to recommend the days before the full moon in august, so Fabio chartered my 42ft Bertram Shekinah with charter captains Jose Manuel Mota and Luis Alberto Caridad and their mate Chino for 5 consecutive full days starting Saturday August 5th til Wednesday august 9th.
    the first day, saturday, Sea was very calm, no waves, slow breeze, more the conditions for a boat ride, so he brought his wife Ariana with him. til 1PM they got only 1 Blue Marlin up in the spray but failed to attract him enough to take the lure, no hook set, no fight and then the weather changed quickly, by 3PM they run in under heavy rain and thunderstorms, weather conditions can change fast like that during hurricane season.
    day number 2, sunday morning, Sea on 5-6 ft, winds around 15 knots with higher gusts, the wife stayed at the resort. that day the boat did 9 hrs and again it was not a successful day, only 3 Blue Marlins up and no hook set nice, no fight, sunday night the crew changed all lures/hooks, if an equipment is without luck on one day it will never work.
    today is day number 3, the boat is still out, but Jose Manuel Mota sent me the report for the first half of todays trip by mail.
    at 11:40AM Jose set the hook on a Blue Marlin female, 9/0 Penn reel, 50lbs line on, the hooks set right and Fabio has the first Blue Marlin fight of his life. the fight lasted 11:40AM til 2:06 PM, 2hrs 26 min, during that time the crew of 3 had no chance to give their customer a hand, he wanted to get his fish on his own, no help wanted, and he won. Manuel told me by phone a minute ago that Fabio is barely able to walk right now, but he has still a very wide smile on his face.
    lines are wet again, they have 2 more hrs left today and of course wednesday and thursday are two more days to beat the size of todays female, the crew counts it on an 300+lbs, so there's plenty of space to top this weight upwards.

i will download the pics from the cams tonight and post them by tomorrow afternoon.

Default [img]http://jerrylabella.com/d

take a lovely day in the north caribbean, out of Punta Cana on the Dominican East Coast, take 3 buddies named Ron Szotak, Armando Rebelo and Shawn Strauss, put them on board of Mike's 42ft Bertram named Shekinah for just 4 hrs offshore and be sure the guys bring the action on.

lines wet shortly after they cleared the reef, skipper Jose Manuel Mota stays with nice baitfish activities around 5 nmls offshore and they get today's first hit, a white Marlin double, one hooked one lost the first action is on, light tackle 30lbs is the right choice for the 50+lbs marlin which they release after the fight. Area still hot on bait they keep trolling over there and get the next white Marlin hit, 20lbs tackle this time and at the end the gaf comes out to send the injured smaller white of around 35lbs to the BBQ. Just 1 hrs later, no more than 7 nmls off the coast they get the next white Marlin up, hook set right and again on the 30lbs tackle they get the fight on, over 30 minutes this time and the released white Marlin got his 60+lbs.

for a half day trip a great action in our local waters out of Punta Cana, and for sure Ron Szotak, Armando Rebelo and Shawn Strauss had their expected fun and action offshore the Dominican East today.

Pics are take by the three friends themselves

Mike

http://www.mikesmarina.info

(Message edited by mikefisher on July 30, 2006)

Default Fishing in Punta Cana, by Mike

Fishing in Punta Cana, by Mike's Marina Fishing Charters S.A.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally got my first marlin caught on one of Mikes boats from www.MikesMarina.info ...yea i got sea sick...for the first time ever but it was deff worth it.
    It was a great trip...we also caught 2 dolphins and 2 small barracudas...i was sleeping on the deck it was bad...i hate sleeping on a boat im there to be fishing not sleeping but i was done and had no choice...i heard the mate say mahi mahi twice and i was like no way am i getting up for that i want a marlin...as soon as i heard marlin i jumped up and grabbed the rod right out of the mates hand...it was great ill post more piks

Nick, from the Patty Lee

http://www.mikesmarina.info