Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas

Default photo's from march & April 2011

ok I am going to combine all my Galveston Texas Fishing trip reports
    March 1-6,2011Well after a few hit or miss trips finally found the fish. The sheepheads and whiting and black drum are finally in . Sorry about all the missing reports lynn has had the flu bug really bad the last 3 weeks . Here is the photo from todays aggie trip. Great bunch of guy's. March13,2010 What a great trip today good customers and a very good deckhand. Had full limit for 6 guys 2 dads and 2 sons, tally for today all sheepheads and they were big enjoy todays pictures. March 15,2011Spring Break you gotta love the seasons here in Texas beautiful weather today and great fishing the sheep head are holding out and once again I had some great customers catching a limit was the adults and kids. We will post up photo's later. Thank you George, Bill March 16,2011Sheephead again haven't been seeing as many boats out I had a 6 person charters and ended up with way to many fish but, my customers had a ball these guys had a lady onboard and every hookup she brought one in we actually limited out in about 2 hrs. stayed out fished around some looking for trout nothing so we went back to the jetties and stated catching again. Eas a good day. Just might bit choppy but, on a 35' boat no problem... March 26,2011 I can see now I am definitly going to have to add more photo pages that way everyone can see all the catch pictures, Todays trip Had canadians onboard these people turned out to be pretty good fishermen to have never experienced saltwater fishing. Think they really liked it. Below top right is the Parkers. with their limit for 6 of sheephead. March 27,2011Well I had a group today that knew how to have a good time. Once again everyone caught fish. Had 1 lady onboard Lisa who seemed to be catching most the fish. We had full limit for 6 people once again and had spanish mackeral starting to be caught managed 2 that were 16-19". a 6 hr. trip turned out to be a very fun day for all of us. Thank you Jacob and Lisa for a another great day on the water. March 28 ,2011 Ran a deepwater trip on Monday yes the predictions were correct it was a good 6-8' rollers out with lots of wind spray but, Toby and his group were ready to fish and gung ho for anything. Catch of the day were vermillion snapper,gray triggers, 2 very nice released grouper, so many red snapper top water you couldn't get through to the kingfish, I can tell you when the boat stopped we had huge snapper comming up all were released and lived. If red snapper limits dont go up this year we will be covered with big snapper. no kingfish were found or caught , no ling yet, limit for 6 lesser amberjack. March 30,2011 Well, you can mark yesterday as a wierd weather day. Had a 75m booked was rough that morning throughout the day so we made the call the jetties would be the plan. Brought in a full limit of sheephead for the Larew's who were real troopers , Alittle disappointed no deep trip could be ran but, safety first. It laid down around 4:00pm but, by then it was just way to late to make a run. It was a pretty good day only saw 1 other small boat at the jetty which didn't hang long and he was gone. I don't have many April days left so if you want to hook up a jetty trip better get in now.

Default Galveston Kids Fishing report

April 3,2011We had a trip today to the jetty with 5 kids + the dad.Turned out to be good day on the water what a sunday This was a great trip we were able to keep the kids busy for 7 hrs. today. The garry's have been with been on several trips and i do believe they have found their captain. Today's catch consisted of Bulreds,blackdrum,sheephead, what was kept was sheephead, Blackdrum is catch and release only. The video turned out great on the kids page you will find the fishing photo's of today and the past few days we also have new video up.

Lynn and Captain Bill Curry
    Workingman Charters
    Finsanity Charters
    713-649-0757

Default Galveston Deep Sea Fishing Report

April 1,2011 Short report got ling (3) ,amberjack-lessor & greater full limits, 6 vermillion and trigger fish, We were going for bigger fish on this trip not snapper, although we did get into some hue snapper all released to live till june

Default March Spring 2011 Fishing Trips

Jerry Thank you for letting us post over here it sure is appreciate.

Now for my reports from march during spring Break 2011. We had some wonderful customers in March everyone tipped perfect no complaints here. Got to enjoy families from Calgary,Nova Scotia, Russian Frieghter captain over on one of his companies ships, spain, and alaska

Just a few pictures the website has the video's
    or go to www.youtube.com and search aggiemomx1 lynn has some good ones there also.

Post New Boat & New Reports

ok Everyone who were at one time reading my reports well I am back. With all new pictures and a new boat to run.
    WorkingmanCharters has now combined with FinsanityCharters yes, we are the same company now.
    So I am running a 35' Donzi now called Finsanity

She is a fishing machine. She is docked at the Galveston Yacht Club and Marina where I now run out of.
    We had a wonderful spring break 2011 this year. We have and are still catching
    redfish( slots and Bulls),puppy drum,sheephead,spanish mackeral. The speckled trout haven't started biting yet but, should be anytime.
    I now have some excellent video's of my trips on the website Workingmancharters.com
    I will be posting up here all week long. with updates on my fishing and whats biting.
    Lynn and Captain Bill Curry
    Workingman Charters
    Finsanity Charters
    713-649-0757

Take care see ya next trip!
    Till the Next Trip
    Master captain Bill Curry 1108123 Captain Onboard Finsanity
    Workingman Charters is now combined with Finsanity Charters
    http://www.workingmancharters.com

Default Galveston Bay Fishing Report 2-10-10

Well it is already Feb. and Spring is coming up. Spring is consistently a great time to fish, getting the kids out for a spring break trip is always a good idea. Nothing is better than seeing a huge smile on a kids face after a great day of fishing. March is also a great time for catching speckled trout and from what I have experienced and have been told by my peers, fishing in Spring and Summer has been outstanding after a very cold winter. So I look forward to some awesome fishing in the next couple of months! Don't worry about a fish kill, most of the fish that has been killed is bait fish and trash fish. Now I'm sure some quality fish have also been effected, but not to a point that it should have any negative effect on future fishing. I haven't been on the water too much lately, due to minor boat repairs, sponsor events and some really cold and windy weather. I have been talking to some guides that have been having some great days on the water and catching some big trout (6-8 pound trout). When the weather has been decent, the fish are being caught. Now as far as location protected areas far north and some areas in West bay have been the best. Most of the same hot spots that people fish every winter. Soft plastics and live shrimp under a cork (if you can find it) has produced the best results. Waders are using top water baits to catch most of those big trout. When I get on the water on a regular basis in about 2 weeks, I will post a more informational report. Well until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
    www.galveston-fishing.com

Default Happy New Year!!!

Hi everyone! Just wanted to wish all of you HAPPY NEW YEARS!!! I want to thank everybody on this forum for all your support this year. We will be starting our fishing reports up again in mid January. See you on the water.
    Capt. Alan
    www.galveston-fishing.com

Default Galveston Bay Texas Fishing Report 12-11-09

Well this time of the year fishing can be outstanding and most anglers just donít take advantage of it! I do understand that the weather plays a huge role in people not fishing this time of the year and people are out shopping or staying home because it is cold, but if you really want to have a great day fishing Dec. is a great month to go. Limits of trout have been the norm lately and the flounder have been biting. I have noticed that the flounder we have been catching seem to be bigger this year. Five pound flounder are being caught daily by most anglers. Of course weather is are main culprit this time of the year, but when we get on the water the fishing has been good. We have been fishing up north for a couple of months now, mainly Trinity Bay using soft plastics to catch most of our fish. The bigger trout are being caught over shell in shallow water. West Bay is starting to produce good trout so we will start fishing it soon. The flounder are still around the channel and around Seawolf Park. In a week or two the flounder run will be over. Even though fishing might not be a priority right now, if you want to get out one last time before next year or purchase a gift certificate for someone special for Christmas give us a call. Well until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
    http://www.galveston-fishing.com/gal...g-reports.html

Default Galveston Bay Texas Fishing Report 11-30-09

Ok new to this forum so HELLO to everyone. I am a fishing guide on Galveston Bay in Texas and I will start posting reports on here. Before I start this report I want to let everyone know that fishing in Galveston is great! I have an article on my fishing blog (Galveston Island One Year After Hurricane Ike) that you should read. Ok here's the report: Fall is here and fishing has started to heat up! Two to three weeks ago fishing was a bit slow, but in the past 2 weeks I have seen a huge change and the fishing has really picked up. At the beginning of fall we were catching fish, but the trout we were catching were undersized trout 13-16 inch trout. Our ratio of throw backs to keepers were around 1 out of 6. Now we are on better schools with more keeper trout and the sand trout and gulf trout action is non stop at times. We are mainly using soft plastics to catch our fish and depending on the weather we have used live shrimp under a cork at some locations. We are pretty much fishing under the birds in Trinity Bay and when they arenít working, we are drifting some reefs or anchored on the shoreline. Fall is typically a great time to take a trip, the weather is usually great and fishing is even better. Itís a great time to get the family out one last time before winter comes. Flounder fishing is at it's best right now, but we aren't booking too many flounder trips due to the limit change (2 per person per day) We should book some trips for December since the limit goes back up to 5 per person. Don't ignore those new limits, I have seen around 10 people get arrested over the past 2 weeks! Ok until next time, see you on the water.

Capt. Alan
    http://www.galveston-fishing.com

Default Galveston 65-75 mile runs

More photos from Captain Bill's deep water runs

Take care see ya next trip!
    Till the Next Trip
    Master captain Bill Curry 1108123
    Workingman Charters

I appreciate everyone who reads our fishing reports we try very hard to be very honest on what's biting, Variety and Return Customers that is what we aim for. If you want on a shark Fishing Charter this summer and don't want the meat please let us know and we can arrange for a donation of the fresh fish at the dock.

Galveston Deep Sea Fishing Galveston Fishing Charters Fishing Dorado,Wahoo,Kingfish,Grouper,Shark,Ling,Red Snapper Galveston Offshore Fishing Texas Offshore Fishing Galveston Bay Fishing Guides galveston fishing trips Texas Fishing Guides Texas Offshore Fishing Texas Fishing trips