Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida

Blog Entries

Default posting test for forum

this is a test post
    Saltwater Fishing Articles & More by Outdoor Writer Jerry LaBella
    http://www.jerrylabella.com/forums
    http://jerrylabella.com

After a few days of cold temperatures, high winds, and rough seas, causing me to cancel a couple of trips, Saturday, 1/20/18, was finally calm enough to get offshore. I fished in spots from 18 to 28 miles west of New Pass with Joe Hahn and his friends, Bob, Mike, David, and George. The guys used cut-bait and squid to catch and release a bluefish, twenty-some red grouper shorts to 18 inches, as well as five sharks, consisting of four blacktips and one sharpnose, all of which were around the 40-inch mark. We also had a huge shark (variety unknown) grab a piece of cut-bait, run, and break off, exploding the water around us. As for dinner, the guys boxed eighteen keeper lane snapper.

Monday morning, 1/22, I fished 22 miles west of New Pass with Frank Dwyer and his son-in-law, Ryan. The guys used cut-bait and squid to catch and release twenty-six red grouper shorts, and to cull ten keeper lane snapper to 13 inches, along with a half-dozen 13 to 14-inch grunts.

Tuesday morning, 1/23, I headed out in a light drizzle with Drew VanWerden and his two young sons. Seas were calm, and we headed out 22 miles, but the rain persisted, at one point turning into a heavy shower. We had enough wet-weather gear to keep us dry, and the boys didn’t mind fishing in the rain and in the fog that followed. They used squid and cut-bait to catch and release a 17-inch cobia, twenty-one red grouper shorts to 18 inches, and lots of grunts to 12 inches. The lane snapper were biting well, and the guys caught twenty-seven keeper lanes to 13-inches.

Winds picked up ahead of another cool front moving into the area, and that produced some choppy sea conditions on Wednesday, 1/24. But, long-time customers and hardy father-son anglers Larry and Chris Baumgartner weren’t intimidated! They fished 22 miles west of New Pass with me in a stiff 20-to-25 knot wind most of the morning, and used squid and cut-bait to catch a variety of fish. They lost one big grouper that swam to the bottom and cut the line, and they released red grouper shorts, an 18-inch gag grouper, and a 14-inch scamp grouper. They also caught five mangrove snapper, three of which were keepers ranging 13 inches to 15 inches. They caught over twenty grunts, and boxed a few of the largest of those, along with four porgies in the 13-to-14-inch range.

Frequent customer Mike Connealy and his son, Clint, had to trade their offshore plans for some inshore, catch-and-release fishing on a very windy Friday morning, 1/26. There were small craft advisories offshore, and even the bay presented some challenges in a relentless wind of about 25 knots. The guys used live shrimp to catch and release thirteen sheepshead to 13 inches, two crevalle jacks that were each about 12 inches, and a 15-inch black drum.

Winds persisted through the weekend. I fished inshore in southern Estero Bay on Sunday, 1/28, with Stan and Jean Dzedzy and their son and daughter-in-law, Dave and Debbie. The family used live shrimp to catch three keeper sand bream, a 15-inch drum, a 17-inch drum, and a 17-inch pompano. They released fifteen sheepshead shorts and two mangrove snapper shorts. The photo shown is of Dave Dzedzy with a 17-inch pompano, caught on shrimp on his inshore trip 1/28/18.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DaveDzedzy17Pompano (365x274).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	2877

Monday, 1/29, I awoke to light rain and fog, with another cold front expected to arrive over-night and into Tuesday. Seas were choppy first thing in the morning, and it remained misty after the fog lifted, but seas calmed a little by mid-morning. I began fishing at the near-shore reefs with Lee Larsens and his friends, Carey, Jerry, and Rick, but there was very little action there. So, as seas calmed down a bit, we ventured out further to about fifteen miles offshore. Fishing was tough everywhere, and I can’t recall the last time I saw such slow action at several of my typically productive spots. The guys used squid and cut-bait to catch and release two whitings, a few blue runners, one red grouper short, and a few grunts.

With small craft advisories issued for Tuesday, 1/30, and predictions for seas of four-to-six feet, I canceled my planned offshore trip, which had already been rescheduled from the previous week’s rough weather!
    By Thursday, 2/1, seas were finally calm enough to get out about 23 miles west of New Pass, where I fished with frequent customers, Ron Musick, Richard Arnett, and Eddie Alfonso. There were tons of little bait fish everywhere, and lots of undersized fish biting, but the guys were able to box some food-fish, consisting of three keeper lane snapper, a 13-inch mangrove snapper, two porgies, and a few nice-sized grunts. They released twenty-plus red grouper shorts and four mangrove snapper shorts. Everything bit on squid and cut-bait.

Friday morning, 2/2, seas were calm when I fished a catch-and-release trip 19 miles west of New Pass with William Connors, Mike Connors, and friends Dan, Mark, and Pat. The guys used squid and cut bait to catch and release twenty-four red grouper shorts, a mess of grunts, and mangrove snapper to 16 inches. The photo shown is of Mike Connors with a 16-inch mangrove snapper, caught on squid on his offshore trip 2/2/18.

Name:	MikeConnors16Mang (365x274).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	2876

Winds picked up on Saturday, 2/3, and we were back to choppy seas offshore, with a small craft advisory issued. So, Roman Jahnke and his dad, Tom, who were treating Roman’s son, Roarke, to a fishing trip for his tenth birthday, traded offshore plans for some inshore fishing on the flats of southern Estero Bay. The family used live shrimp to catch five keeper black drum to 16 inches, and they released ten sheepshead shorts, a crevalle jack, and two stingray that were each about three pounds.

You can see all of our fishing action videos at http://fishbustercharters.com/fishingvideos.html
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net
    http://www.fishbustercharters.com

As 2017 was drawing to a close, I had hoped that the good fishing weather we had over Christmas week would hold steady. But on Saturday, 12/30/17, when I fished with Rich Driscoll, Sr. and Rich Jr., joined by son Jack and his cousin, Sadie, sea conditions changed by about mid-day, and got progressively choppier, as the winds changed direction and picked up speed. We had made it out 22 miles from New Pass, and the group used squid and cut-bait to catch and release nearly forty red grouper shorts, along with a few puffer-fish. They had a couple of good battles with shark also, but never got them boat-side, since they broke the line before that could happen. The family boxed a few food-fish, including three keeper lane snapper, some grunts, and a porgy.

Given the choppy conditions of the previous day, despite NOAA’s predictions for two-to three foot seas offshore, I advised Mark Smith, his two young sons, Harry and Charlie, and his father-in-law, Harry Stevenson, to fish inshore in southern Estero Bay on Sunday morning, 12/31. We fished an incoming tide, and the family had good action on live shrimp. They caught nine keeper black drum to 18 inches and a 16-inch sheepshead. They released a dozen shorter sheepshead, a sand bream, and a 20-inch snook.

Chris Pammer, his ten-year-old son, Jack, and his eleven-year-old brother, Jake, fished a chilly and windy mid-morning inshore trip with me in southern Estero Bay on Thursday, 1/4. We allowed the sun to warm things up a bit before we departed at 10AM, but it remained chilly, thanks to this strong cold-front that is visiting us for a few days. The boys had fun using shrimp to catch twenty sheepshead, including four nice keepers to 16 inches. They also released a 16-inch redfish, and a few small black drum.

Friday morning, 1/5, was another chilly, windy one. Isaac Wengerd treated his eight-year-old son, Henry, and four-year-old son, Gus, to a backwater fishing trip in southern Estero Bay. The boys bundled up, and had fun using live shrimp to catch seventeen sheepshead, including five keepers ranging in size from 13 to 16 inches. They also caught a 16-inch black drum, and they released a 16-inch snook and one mangrove snapper short.

Seas were pretty rough throughout the weekend and first part of the next week. Thursday was finally calm, and long-time customer, Ron Musick, was ready for his first offshore trip of the season, joined by friends, Eddie Alfonso and Richard Arnett. The guys fished in various spots from 18 to 22 miles west of New Pass, using squid and cut-bait. They boxed twenty-five grunts to 14 inches, along with five keeper lane snapper and four porgies. They released a dozen red grouper shorts.

Friday, 1/12, was a windy day, just ahead of another strong cold front headed to our area. With four-foot seas offshore, John Thomas, Matt Smith, Craig Sims and Steve McKey traded in their offshore plans for a morning of fishing in the backwaters of southern Estero Bay, where they used live shrimp to catch a conglomerate of over fifty fish. The guys were in town for a conference, and had no need for keeping fish, so they released all, including about forty sheepshead to 15 inches, nine black drum to 16 inches, and several crevalle jacks.

The photo shown below is of John Thomas with a 16-inch black drum, caught on shrimp in Estero Bay.

Name:	JohnThomas16Drum  (365x274).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	2869

It was tough fishing in Estero Bay on Monday, 1/15, with the cold front having sucked the water out of the backwaters, and extreme low tides, even at their highest point. Jack Oberlin and friend, Perry, were not interested in keeping fish, since they were on a short stay at an area hotel, so, we’d planned on a catch-and-release trip. The guys used live shrimp to catch and release fifteen sheepshead to 14 inches, and that was the only species biting, so they didn’t get much variety, but at least got some action!

Another cold front arrived on the heels of the previous one, with high winds and seas accompanying it, as well as some pretty frigid temperatures for SW FL! Looks like conditions will normalize for the weekend, so I’m looking forward to a planned offshore trip for Saturday.

The photo shown is of Mark Venturin with a nearly 20-inch red grouper, caught on squid and released on a recent offshore trip.

Name:	MarkVenturinNear20RedGr (365x274).jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	2868

You can view our fishing action videos at http://fishbustercharters.com/fishing videos.html
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net

Januaryhas finally brought cold and windy conditions. This weather is greatfor stirring up the water s getting those fish inshore moving around.Figure out the patterns and you will be rewarded, patience is a must.

Theinshore waters are teaming with life, with many species to targetwhether you are fly fishing, live baiting, or using artificial lures,you can get your rod bent. Sheepshead have been all over sea wallsand dock pilings. They will not shy away from live shrimp or crabs.In the mix with the sheepshead, snook are holding near seawalls aswell in search of heat. The snook are biting great in the midafternoon on , live bait and DOA C.A.L. 3” shad tail.

Tarponare roaming the back waters, sleek silver giant, this fish will getthe heart thumping. Tarpon are full of so much energy, its hard notto get excited when you feel the drag screaming and the acrobaticsleaps of the silver king. The back bays have been excellent fortargeting the silver king with top water plugs, live bait and DOATerror Eyz.

TheGrass flats are still great areas to catch a plethora of speciesconsisting of ladyfish, trout, pompano, snapper, drum, and jacks.All of these species will gladly take a DOA C.A.L. 3' shad tail orlive shrimp in there vicinity.

Freshwateraction has been consistent even with the cool weather. The peacockbass and the large mouth bass are both staging in deep holes. Liveshiners and DOA C.A.L. 3' shad and DOA Terror Eyz great choices toget the rod bent. Mid day produces the best bite for anglers.

Wellthat is the fishing report for the past week, hope you all enjoyed.Remember you cant catch them from the couch, so get out there and gethooked up. Tight Lines! Craig Korczynski, PhlatsInshoreFishing.com,561-644-4371

On Wednesday, 12/20, John and Kim Zitur treated their six-year-old daughter, Carlyn, and their five-year-old son, Quinten, to a catch-and-release trip in southern Estero Bay. The kids had a great time using live shrimp to catch and release a 15-inch black drum, fifteen sheepshead to 13 inches, a sand bream, a 15-inch crevalle jack, a 10-inch mangrove snapper, and a two-pound stingray.

Thursday, 12/21, I headed 22 miles offshore with Al Hauer, his daughter, Elise, and her husband, Kevin. The family used squid and cut-bait to catch twenty-seven grunts, of which they kept fifteen of the largest. They added to the fish box two keeper lane snapper and two fourteen-inch porgies. They released twenty red grouper shorts, one short porgy, and two under-sized and out-of-season triggerfish.

Friday, 12/22, seas were pretty clam and, after the early morning fog lifted, conditions were good 17 to 22 miles west of New Pass, where I fished with Mark Huneke and family. They used cut-bait and squid to box fifteen grunts around the 13-inch mark, and three porgies. They released a dozen red grouper shorts, along with a 3-foot blacktip shark.
    The photo shown below is of Mark Huenke with that 36-inch blacktip.

Name:	MarkHuneke36Blacktip (365x274).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	2864
    Saturday, 12/23, I returned to some offshore spots 22 miles west of New Pass, this time with Mark Venturin and family members, Tim, Carter, Bradley, and Scott and Carie. The red grouper bite was on, and the group released more than thirty of those. Unfortunately, the largest was just 1/8-inch short of legal size. But the fish box filled up with twenty keeper lane snapper to 15 inches, along with fifteen 13-14-inch grunts, which were the largest of more grunts caught than we could count! Everything bit on squid and cut-bait.

After Christmas-eve and Christmas Day off the water, I fished on 12/26 in southern Estero Bay, with Mike Rohrbacher and his grandsons, Mike and Matthew. The family used shrimp on a challenging outgoing tide to catch a 13-inch keeper sheepshead, while releasing at least a dozen short ones. They also caught a 14-inch black drum, and released a 15-inch redfish and a two-pound stingray.

Tina Taylor took five young anglers with her on an offshore trip with me on Wednesday, 12/27. The group fished in spots ranging from 17 to 22 miles west of New Pass, using cut-bait and squid. They caught and released two dozen red grouper shorts to 18 inches, and they boxed seventeen lane snapper keepers to 13 inches, along with a few grunts.

Bob Eckle, his sons, Nick and Jason, and their friends, Tyler and Brenna, fished 22 miles offshore with me on Thursday, 12/28. They used squid and cut-bait to release twenty-four red grouper shorts, along with a three-foot remora. They boxed a couple dozen lane snappers to 15 inches.

Peter Halunen and his son, Clayton, joined by niece and nephew Johnny and Emily, fished 22 miles west of New Pass with me in choppy seas on Friday morning, 12/29. We had heavy fog to contend with early on, followed by some choppy conditions, but the group toughed it out, and used squid and cut-bait to catch and release twenty-five red grouper shorts and nine mangrove snapper that were just short of the 12-inch legal size for federal waters. They did box some food-fish, though, consisting of sixteen lane snapper to 14 inches, along with a mess of grunts.

The photo shown below is of John Ziffle with a 16-inch sheepshead , caught shrimp in Estero Bay on a recent inshore trip.

Name:	JohnZiffle16Sheep (365x274).jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	2863
    You can view our fishing action videos at the link shown below.

Happy New Year to all!
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net

[SIZE=true]Happy Holidays! Seasonable weather has provided great boating conditions the past week. As the holidays approach many will be flocking to catch the great bite and Florida sun.[/SIZE]

Backwater fishing has been red hot for a variety of species. The snook, trout, tarpon , jacks and redfish are providing anglers with drag screaming action. DOA lures and live baits will get you r rod bent. Fishing the shallows has been great around high noon as water temps rise.

The snook, tarpon and redfish have been active along channel edges and mangrove shorelines. Anglers can experience the back water slam at times. The snook are striking DOA C.A.L. 3' shad tails and live baits worked along the bottom. Tarpon can be seen rolling on the surface at times allowing anglers to pitch into there area. The tarpon are ranging from 10 to 30 pounds.

The grass flats is another great option for family fishing. The best method is using shrimp under a cork, cast it out and “down periscope fish on”. The flats are teaming with snapper, trout, jacks , lady fish, sheepshead, and many others the will bring smiles to many faces.

Freshwater action for peacock bass has been fantastic. Anglers can catch the these colorful fish with live shiners, DOA lures or by fly rod. The peacock bass are aggressive providing non stop action. The peacock bass are ranging in size from 2 to 6 pounds wit fish reaching up to 8 pounds.

Well that is the fishing report for the past week hope you all enjoyed. Remember you cant catch them from the couch, so get out there and get hooked up. Tight Lines! Capt. Craig Korczynski, PhlatsInshoreFishing.com

Bart Arrigo, his wife, K.C, and their friends, Brian Bialas and Lori, fished 35 miles west of New Pass with me on Friday, 12/1/17. The group used squid and cut-bait to catch seven yellowtail snapper, including three keepers to 13 inches, seven mangrove snapper, including three keepers to 15 inches, a mess of large grunts, of which they kept the seven largest to15 inches, and a 17-inch porgy. They also caught and released lots of red grouper shorts to 19 7/8 inches, two gag grouper that were each about 18 inches, and four banded rudder fish, all about 16 inches.

Monday morning, 12/4, I headed 19 miles offshore in choppy, but tolerable seas, with Bob, Troy, Tim and Tom Gregoire. Using squid and cut-bait, the guys caught and released twenty red grouper shorts, and a few snapper shorts. They boxed four nice porgies that were all around 14-inches, three whitebones and one silver. They added three, 14-inch grunts to the fish box, and released several more.

Tuesday morning, 12/5, it was choppy heading out to 22 miles west of New Pass, but calm enough while fishing and heading back in. Brent Jones, Aaron Mead, Joe Meier, and John Rieckenberg uses squid and cut-bait to catch and release twenty-five red grouper to 19 ˝ inches. They also released a 17-pound goliath grouper and a 14-inch triggerfish. The guys brought home seventeen lane snapper to 15 inches and a mess of 14-inch grunts.

Wednesday, 12/6, Jeff Mills and his friend, Brad, fished offshore with me in spots ranging from 15 to 35 miles west of New Pass, using squid and cut-bait. We had good action all day, and the guys released fifty plus red grouper shorts to 19 inches, two 18-inch gag grouper, a 15 ˝-inch scamp grouper, seven porgies to 14 inches, four 14-inch triggerfish, two mangrove snapper to 13 inches, two lane snapper to 12 inches, five yellowtail shorts, three banded rudder fish all about 20 inches long, and four remoras to 36 inches. They also battled three big goliath groupers until they broke the lines and got away.

Frequent angler, Mike Connealy, fished with me on Thursday, 12/7, 22 miles west of New Pass, with squid and cut-bait. Mike boxed five keeper porgies all about 13 inches and a half-dozen keeper lane snapper. He released a 14-inch mutton snapper short and a 15-inch out-of-season triggerfish.

A weather front from the north approached Friday, and rain, wind, rough seas, and chilly temperatures were in store for the weekend and into the next week.

Mike Conneally fished again with me on a catch-and-release inshore trip in the chilly waters of southern Estero Bay on Wednesday, 12/13. Using live shrimp, Mike caught and released two black drum to 13 inches, twenty sheepshead to just under 12 inches, and a 14-inch redfish.

Thursday, 12/14, was the only day this week that was calm enough to get offshore. I fished 23 miles west of New Pass with Cody Sturgill, Kerry Heller, John Hammonf, and Randy Green. We had good action all day on squid and cut-bait. The guys caught 26 red grouper, including one nice keeper at nearly 24 inches. They caught their limit of lane snapper (40 total) to 16 inches, and released thirty additional lanes. They also caught forty-five grunts, and kept the largest fifteen of those to 14 inches. Kerry battled, caught, and released a 47-inch shark, which added a little sport-fishing to the mostly food-fish mission!

The photo shown is of John Hammonf, with a 24-inch red grouper, caught on squid 23 miles west of New Pass on an offshore trip 12/14/17.

Name:	JohnHammonf24RedGr (365x274).jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	2855

http://fishbustercharters.com/image/...0(365x274).jpg

The photo shown below is of Joe Smith, with an14-inch sheepshead, caught on shrimp in Estero Bay on a recent inshore trip.

Name:	JoeSmith14Sheep (365x274).jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	2856

You can view our fishing action videos at http://fishbustercharters.com/fishingvideos.html
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net

Snookseason has come to an end and the season produced nice fish. Topwater action was on fire working the flats and channel edges. Heddonspooks raised plenty of fish, averaging 5 to 20 pounds. Back bays andcanals are holding lots of schooling fish, DOA C.A.L. 3” shad tailand live baits all entice the insiders to chew.

The high noonsun has the tarpon active, evening bite is great as well us live baitfor best opportunities. Channel edges drifted with live bait willhave you bowing down to the silver king. DOA shrimp worked with thecurrent on the bottom produces results as well, last of outgoing andfirst of the incoming have been the best times to fish.

Thedocks and seas walls have are teaming with schooling jacks. The jacksare averaging 5 to 20 pounds and will absolutely hammer a top waterspook. If you like to see explosions target these jacks with a topwater spook or live bait and hold on. Great fishing for the family,especially the kids.

Thepeacock bass and large mouth bass bite has been phenomenal. Thepeacock bass are schooling along channel edges and drop offs strikingtwitch baits, jigs and live baits. Fly fishing for the peacock basshas been great, peacocks are striking poppers and deceiver flies.Large mouth bass have been striking DOA finesse worms and live baitsworked along shorelines and channel edges. The peacocks have beenaveraging in size from 2 to 6 pounds.

Well that is the fishingreport for the past week hope you all enjoyed. Remember you cantcatch them from the couch, so get out there and get hooked up. Tightlines! Capt. Craig Korczynski, P
    hlatsInshoreFishing.com,561-644-4371

Theweather has been perfect this past week, with moderate tempraturesand winds. The big cool fonts will start to appracoh in weeks to comeengancing the inshore fishign with a plerthera of speacies to target.

Snookseason comes to a close December 15 and the fish seem to know this.Snook are stacked up along docks and mangrove shorelines. Live baitsand DOA Lures entice strikes. Night fishing really hot right now,small hook and a live shrimp and the drag is screaming. Double digitnumbers of fish are being caught during half day trips. Four speciesof snook are being caught as well making for the perfect snookslam.

Tarpon can be targeted day or night. Live baits driftedwith current on outgoing tide and you will be bowing to the king.Smaller fish are in canals and bays. Sunrise and sunset offerspectacular views of rolling fish. Small fish are in the back countrybigger fish are near inlets and deeper passes

The local grassflats are holding plenty of jacks, ladies and pompano. Jigs tippedwith shrimp or a docs goofy jig and your are in business. Work areaswere pot holes and drop offs exist. When fishing the flats use windto your advantage try to use trolling motor as least as possible, sofish don’t spook.

Well that is the fishing report for thepast week hope you all enjoyed. Remember you cant catch them from thecouch, so get out there and get hooked up. Tight lines! Capt. CraigKorczynski,
    phlatsinshorefishing.com,561-644-4371

Mike Connealy, a long-time customer, fished southern Estero Bay’s backwaters with me Friday morning, 11/10/17, using live shrimp for bait. We caught fourteen sheepshead, four of which were keepers ranging from 13 to 18 inches, and four mangrove snapper, including an 11-inch keeper. Mike also released a redfish short, eight snook shorts to 18-inches, and three big sailcats that were all about 20 inches.

Saturday morning, 11/11, I fished in southern Estero Bay with Andy Stuhlmiller and Joe Smith. The guys used live shrimp to catch seven sheepshead to 14 inches, including four keepers, a 16-inch black drum, and a sand bream. They released two mangrove snapper shorts and a short snook.

Mike Connealy, who had fished inshore with me the previous week, brought along his brother, Paul, for an offshore trip on Thursday morning, 11/16. Winds had been howling for a couple of days, and we anticipated that the two-to-three foot seas NOAA had predicted for offshore were likely under-estimated. But the tide was low and outgoing in the bay, so the guys decided to stick with their offshore plans. It was pretty sloppy out fifteen miles, but Mike and Paul used cut-bait and squid for a mixture of sport and food fish. They released four blacknose sharks measuring 24 inches, 30 inches, 38 inches and 48 inches, along with six red grouper shorts to 17 inches. They boxed a dozen keeper lane snapper, all of which were around 11 inches, along with some grunts and a 20-inch Spanish mackerel.

Name:	MikeConnealy48Blacknose (365x274).jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	2852

The photo shown is of Mike Connealy, with a 48-inch blacknose shark, caught on cut-bait, 15 miles west of New Pass.

Monday morning, 11/20, was very windy, and much too rough to fish offshore. I fished in southern Estero Bay with Marc Muinzer and his two young sons, Preston and Pierce. The boys used live shrimp to catch four black drum to 16 inches, six sheepshead to 15 inches, and seven keeper sand bream. They released a small crevalle jack and two two-pound stingrays.

Name:	PierceMuinzer16Drum (365x274).jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	2853

The photo shown is of young angler Pierce Muinzer, with a 16-inch black drum, caught on shrimp in Estero Bay.

Father and son team, Frank and Ryan Dwyer, fished 17 miles west of New Pass with me on Tuesday morning, 11/21. Seas were sloppy heading out and until we were well anchored, but fishing was good once we settled in. The guys used squid and cut-bait to box twenty of the thirty-five lane snapper they caught, to 14 inches. They added eight grunts to the box, and released fifteen red grouper shorts, along with a 19-inch bluefish.
    Long-time customer

David Bloomfield, along with his son, Paul, and grandsons, Ross and Hogan, fished 22 miles west of New Pass with me on Wednesday morning, 11/22. The family used squid and cut-bait to box thirty-one keeper lane snapper to 13 inches, along with a few grunts. They released several red grouper shorts.

The morning after the Thanksgiving holiday, 11/24, I was looking forward to the calm, two-foot seas that NOAA had predicted for my planned offshore trip with Chris Dominik, his son, Nathan, and his son-in-law, Nick. We had escaped what was originally a rainy forecast, with the rains having moved through on Thanksgiving Day, leaving us with dry air for Friday. But the seas predictions were way off base. We saw two-footers in the bay! Out in the gulf, it was more like three-to-fours, but my hardy anglers persisted, and we got out 22 miles west of New Pass, where we fished with squid and cut-bait. The guys boxed two dozen keeper lane snapper to 14 inches, along with a few grunts, and they released a dozen red grouper shorts.

You can view our fishing action videos at http://fishbustercharters.com/fishingvideos.html
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net