Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida

Default South Indian River Fishing Report - 6/12

June 12, 2009

INSHORE:

The recent full moon and warm weather slowed down the fishing this week, but you can find some fish out there willing to bite. I was out this week and found easily 30 snook around one dock south of Fort Pierce that were just taking it easy and not in the mood to eat after the recent full moon. Most of them were slot size or bigger, but no takers. As the moon wanes, look for fishing to pick up on the flats.

Early morning is the prime time to be on the water. Top water at first light can get you some good hits from trout and snook. Trout fishing will get back to normal now and you can find some good size trout on the grass flats. Fishing will just continue to get better out there this month. With the Fourth of July just around the corner, here are some ideas to help make it better for everyone.

Holiday Safe Boating Tips

It's hard to believe that July 4th is just around the corner and that means lots of picnics, celebrations and boaters. Holidays always bring out the usual boaters along with lots of new boaters and those that only go out a few times a year. A little common sense and preparation can make your holiday on the water a fun adventure and not a befuzzling mess. Here are a few common sense tips to help get you ready for that enjoyable weekend.

Prior to the Holiday:
    1. Make sure all batteries are in good working condition and fully charged.
    2. Put gas in the boat.
    3. Start your motor before you leave the house.
    4. Stow as much gear, etc in the boat before leaving.
    5. Check the trailer early enough to have the time to repair lights, tires, etc.

At the ramp:
    1. Get your boat ready before pulling into the ramp. (All equipment on board - lines ready )
    2. Back in - launch the boat - move the boat out of the ramp area - get parked and back to the boat.
    3. Get out of the ramp area if you are waiting on others, need to get things arranged, or have problems.
    4. If you have problems, get out of the way of those launching. Don't tie up others for your problems at the ramp.

On the water:
    1. Know the rules of the road or use common sense and courtesy.
    2. Don't be aggressive on the water. Allow plenty of room to other boats and slow down around heavy boat traffic.
    3. Remember, your wake affects others. Again, common sense and courtesy.
    4. Obey the laws! The signs are their for a reason, so just follow the rules and everyone will have an enjoyable day.
    5. Don't drink and drive! Have an experienced boater to be the designated driver for that day.
    6. Courtesy goes a long, long way!!
    Back at the ramp:
    1. Don't tie up a ramp while you get your vehicle. Most likely, someone is already getting theirs and should have first rights to pulling their boat out.
    2. Patience is a virtue....someone said. Don't be in a hurry. You will get your boat out, just wait your turn.
    3. Pull well away of the ramp area when securing your boat and gear. Allow others the courtesy of pulling their boats timely.
    4. Make sure everything is secure for a safe trip home from a wonderful Holiday weekend on the water!

It's nothing new or bizarre, just simple things to help yourself and others around you to have a great Holiday Weekend! Have a safe and fun Fourth of July!

As always, remember, fishing is not just another hobby....it's an ADVENTURE!!

Good Fishing and Be Safe,
    Captain Charlie Conner
    www.fishtalescharter.com

email: captaincharlie@fishtalescharter.com

772-284-3852

A few photos from this week. Can you spot the snook?

Default Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island Fishing Report

I’m Still Thinking About An East Coast Slam

I never should have started reporting on this slam thing. Now it haunts me on every trip. One day this week was good for two varieties of the slam - snook and trout but no redfish. Another day was potentially good for completing the slam as snook, redfish and trout were hooked but two snook managed to throw the hook and swim to freedom. However, the message remains the same. The time is still ripe for completing the east coast slam of redfish, trout and snook. I think chances are as good in May and June as any other month of the year.

With all the rain we have experienced there has been little opportunity to get out on the water. Also, the Banana River is up more than a foot in water depth and the fish have many new places to go, so keep looking for the bait to find the fish and don’t be afraid to try new places. The mullet are still very numerous in the river and sometimes you find the glass minnows so thick you would wonder why any fish in the river is not full and unwilling to bite. Fortunately, that is not the way it works and some of our best fishing is experienced when the bait are most plentiful!

On the first day I mentioned above, the snook came on a Top Pup. Fishing this lure with a walk-the-dog presentation is something snook and big trout just can’t seem to pass up. On this morning both trout and snook were willing to chase down the Pink Top Pup I was casting. I should say early morning, because the bite seemed to be over by 8:00. More trout were caught using my old standby RipTide 3 inch mullet in the silver mullet color. Rigged on a ¼ ounce Pro Jig Head this bait is deadly on hungry trout. It also tempted some ladyfish and jacks to bend the pole.

On the second day Brian and his Dad, Ted, came over from the Orlando area to enjoy some Banana River fishing. This is the second year Brian treated his dad to a special birthday party on the water. It turns out Ted and I graduated from Wichita High School East in the same year so we have a little in common. Mostly, we agree, we are just great fishermen. We got a good early start leaving the dock about 6:00 am. Ted was the first to hook up with a nice snook. He was pitching a Top Pup parallel to a rocky shoreline looking specifically for snook. Sure enough it didn’t take long and he expertly fought the fish to the boat. Then, as sometimes happens, the hook pulled and the fish was gone. It looked like it was going to be very close to a slot-sized fish.

A little later a nice sized bluefish attacked Ted’s lure. He had changed over to a RipTide Mullet and was casting to some deeper water when the unexpected bluefish tagged him good and then came jumping out of the water. This was one of the best aerial shows I have ever witnessed from a bluefish. From where it first came out of the water to the last jump was probably 25 feet and it jumped 3 or 4 times in between. Not to unexpectedly the final jump resulted in a cut line and that fish was gone too. As everyone knows, you really need a little wire leader or at least an extra long shank hook to successfully land the blues, but we were not targeting them so the result was a lost lure and fish.

The next fish was another snook, once again on a Top Pup. It was a different location but similar to the previous one that produced the earlier snook - a rocky shoreline holding lots of mullet. Many casts were made with various retrieves in an attempt to elicit a strike. The bite had been slow all morning and I was instructing Brian on how to fish the “Pup” a little faster when the strike occurred. Unfortunately, like before the fish pulled loose and swam to safety. On days when the bite is slow sometimes you can bring on an anger strike from a fish with a little faster retrieve.

As the low light conditions of the morning waned we moved again and tried some live shrimp to see what we could summon to our hook. It was not long after anchoring near a shallow ridge that Ted hooked up again. In normal water levels this ridge would be only 6 inches under the water and easily visible - now, with the water up its more like 18 inches deep and a lot harder to locate. It was immediately apparent that this was not an average fish. As it got closer to the boat we all saw a giant gator trout. We took a couple quick pictures and Ted elected to release the oversized trout so she could reproduce and provide some more trout to hopefully grow up like her.

Brian added a smaller trout and Ted added a sheepshead before we moved on again.

We fished some docks without success and then moved to the mouth of a residential canal where Brian added the redfish that would have completed the slam if the snook had not gotten away. It was a beauty of a fish with a real dark red hue and an extra spot on each side. The fish measured 20 inches and, as it turned out, was Brian’s first redfish. Now he is hooked and wants some more.

With the thunder clouds building in the west we called it a day and headed for the dock after a fun day on the water. It was tough fishing, but with two anglers with the right attitude to make the birthday party a success. Their persistence and never say die approach brought fish to the boat on a slow bite day and with a little luck we would have had our slam. We were joined during the outing by dolphin, manatees, osprey, pelicans and other party crashers but they simply added to the enjoyment of a day on the water.

That’s what it’s all about. Good fishin’.

Announcement: I want to take this opportunity to announce my upcoming book entitled Secrets From Florida’s Master Anglers. It is a book intended to provide many tips and pro secrets to fishing success. It is based on interviews with 20 of Florida’s top guides on various fishing topics. The book is being published by University Press of Florida. It will be available in bookstore across the state, on Amazon.com or from the publisher directly, sometime this fall. Regardless of your level of fishing skill this book will have something for you.

Here is what some early readers of the book say:

"Ron's highly privileged interviews with many of Florida's top guides expose lots of secrets that are sure to improve fishing success."--Phil Chapman

"A great peek into twenty of the finest fishing minds of Florida! No matter your current skill level, this book will improve your confidence on the water."--Brett Fitzgerald

"Unique in that it includes a variety of approaches to inshore saltwater fishing, provided by a broad selection of some of Florida's finest fishing guides. There is something for almost everyone who fishes the Florida coast."--Richard A. Davidson

Cool SW FL-Bonita Beach: Nice Muttons Offshore;Trout Inshore

Tuesday, 5/26, I fished central Estero Bay with Wayne Hawkins and his niece, Lauren Mullinax, both from Cumming, GA. We used live shrimp and popping corks to catch three keeper trout to 18 inches and release lots of smaller trout. We also caught two keeper sheepshead, and we released a 23 inch snook.

Wednesday morning, I headed out of New Pass to 43 feet to fish offshore with George Noonan and his two sons. We fished with shrimp, hoping to catch some nice mutton snapper, like I had last week. But the goliath grouper had other ideas and ate two of those before we could get them off the bottom. We managed to beat out the goliaths and keep a nice yellowtail, some porgies and grunts, and two king mackerel at 25 inches and 32 inches. We also caught and released a 25 pound goliath grouper, along with lots of mangrove and yellowtail snapper shorts, undersized gag grouper and smaller kingfish.

I headed offshore Saturday morning with Leon Mead and son, Spencer, but we only made it to the near-shore reefs because of three-to-four foot seas, even near-shore. We used shrimp to catch keeper mangrove snapper, grunts and Spanish mackerel, and we released grouper shorts, smaller mackerel and blue runners.

Fishing Estero Bay Sunday with Steve Vender and Shawn Hennessey yielded some decent trout to 19 inches. Steve fished with me a couple more times this week too, on Tuesday and Thursday.

Tuesday, 6/2, we headed offshore to 43 feet, about 20 miles west of New Pass. We caught three mutton snapper at 16 ½ inches, 18 inches and 19 ¾ inches. We lost another big one when it cut the line and also hooked a hogfish that got free about three feet from the boat. We also caught whitebone porgies and Spanish mackerel, and released triggerfish, grouper shorts, grunts and blue runners.

Thursday, we’d planned to head out for more muttons but the rain offshore kept us in the backwaters, where we caught a 24 ½ inch redfish, a 14 inch sheepshead and a few keeper mangrove snapper.

Backwaters fishing Friday morning with Dave Koenigsmark and his five-year-old son, Tyler, was good for three keeper trout, two at 18 ½ inches and one at 17 inches, on shrimp with popping corks. We also caught a few keeper mangrove snapper to 13 inches.

The photo shown is of angler, Gary Click, with a 23 inch trout, caught on shrimp, on a recent inshore trip.
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net
    http://www.fishbustercharters.com

Default Fort Lauderdale Daytime Swordfish Report

Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

On Sunday morning, a crew of Alison, Dustin, Dustin’s father, Captain Paul and I set sail aboard the Lady Pamela II for Dustin’s birthday. What a better way to spend your birthday than deep sea fishing offshore in Fort Lauderdale. The plan was to go daytime sword fishing and put Dustin on a big one. We were successful.

We left Lauderdale Marina bright and early and ready to catch some fish. The weather was wonderful and the fishing wasn’t half bad either. We started off our trip trolling to Swordfish land and hooked up with a handful of Kingfish and a good size Mahi.

Attachment 708

Once we reached our destination, Captain Paul dropped ‘er down 1,800 ft and did the fish dance. Our crew was on full alert. Captain Paul and I kept a close eye on the rod because a bite by a powerful Broadbill on the bottom might not be anything more than a slight bend in the tip. Once he was on, he was on. Captain Paul got Dustin situated and he went to town. After a brutal fight in 90 degree heat, the fish came into view of the boat, fighting its way to the transom.

Attachment 709

Attachment 710

Attachment 711

There were several high fives and handshakes given after Dustin landed his 100 lb Swordfish. I think I may have heard him say it was his best birthday ever on the way in.

Happy Birthday Dustin!

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

E-MAIL: ladypamela2@bellsouth.net

954-761-8045

Default South Indian River Fishing Report - 6/3

June 3, 2009

INSHORE:

There is something about the arrival of summer fishing that I look forward to each year. Calm waters and lots of bait around the river has the fish in the mood to eat. It makes for great days fishing around the Treasure Coast and provides a variety of ways to fish the river. It's great to live and fish here!

I had the pleasure of having Frank and Rick on the boat this week. Frank was celebrating his 50th birthday and the fish were cooperating to make it a wonderful time. They boated 5 reds, which a couple were oversize, and a dozen nice trout up to 24" on the flats. Happy Birthday Frank! Richie and JoAnn were back for another adventure on the river this week as well. The weather again cooperated and gave us a chance to fish some areas that have been producing some nice fish. They teamed up to boat 6 reds up to 29" and lost a few more in the process. We moved over to the other side of the river and boated a dozen trout up to 22" that day. There were also the usual jacks and ladyfish to add to a fun day of fishing. JoAnn and I were careful to keep Richie dry this year......

Trout continue to hang along the flats, especially the edges, in two to four feet of water. Live shrimp or DOA Deadly Combos are our first choice for some nice trout. Queen's Cove and Harbor Branch have been our best flats of late. Redfish are showing up in the mood to feed and it's the time of year that I really enjoy. I look for flats that have lots of sandy areas along with some grass. They are shallow now so keep the noise down in the boat. Snook fishing has slowed down quite a bit since the season closed. It's catch and release until September.

Snapper have been showing up on the channel edges. You can have some fun with all the ladyfish and jacks around the river. The catwalks have been pretty quiet for now, but sheephead are still around the piliings. The river to the north of Fort Pierce has been more on the cloudy side this week, but the flats to the south have held up very well and most are pretty clean and clear right now.

Tip of the Week:

It's that time of year to break out the fish traps and catch a load of pig or pinfish. Trout, reds and snook all love them. They are just the right size to use with a popping cork and can produce some good size fish. You can find lots of baitfish around the river right now, so get out and have some fun!

Captain Charlie Conner
    www.fishtalescharter.com

772-284-3852

Happy 50th Frank!

[IMG]

Richie and JoAnn's Adventures this week!

Default Mahi - Mahi Migration in Fort Lauderdale

Lady Pamela II Sportfishing Charters

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

www.ladypamela2.com

954-761-8045

Mahi-Mahi Madness!

Deep Sea fishing offshore Fort Lauderdale has been great this week. Although the weather hasn’t been picture perfect, the seas have been comfortable and the fish have been biting! There’s been tons of action on the reef for our morning and afternoon fishing trips. The Sailfish bite has petered out but the Mahi – Mahi have moved on in!

Al and his colleges set sail aboard the Lady Pamela II while in Fort Lauderdale for a work convention. Today was there window of opportunity to catch a break from the office and enjoy sunny South Florida. We left Lauderdale Marina bright and early and on a mission. Once we got out of Port Everglades we visited our friend, the local buoy, for bluerunners and speedos. We trolled the reef and landed a handful of King Mackerel and Bonito. Lately, it’s been common to run into a school or two of Mahi – Mahi in 500 ft of water. Right around 450 ft of water we came across three schools of nice size Dolphin ranging anywhere from 5 – 8 lbs. There were a few 12 - 15 lb'ers in the mix, too.

Attachment 698

Attachment 699

Attachment 700

The Mahi – Mahi are running right now and there’s nothing like a homemade Dolphin sandwich!

Sea ya on the water.

Tight Lines!

Captain David Ide

E-MAIL: ladypamela2@bellsouth.net

954-761-8045

Default South Indian River Fishing Report - 5/28

May 28, 2009

Aside from the usual rainy weather we have had lately, the mornings have provided some great fishing opportunities for anglers throughout the Treasure Coast. As the close of snook season fast approaches, you can find lots of fishermen out trying for that last chance at a slot snook. It has been a fantastic week for fishing around the area.

The redfish bite picked up this week with some nice sized fish being taken on the flats. Mike Lasorik and his dad joined me again this year and enjoyed a day catching four redfish up to 28 1/2 inches along with some trout and jacks around the river. Wayne Foisy was out with me also this week and caught his first redfish that also measured 28 1/2 inches. Live bait or DOA TerrorEyz have worked well on redfish. We also boated snook, jacks and a nice flounder that also were fooled by the reliable TerrorEyz. Bob Bergen phoned me just after he had lost one of the biggest reds that he has seen on the flats here. It's been a good week!

The snook bite has been fantastic around the spillways. They have been crowded with anglers and lots of oversize fish are being caught. DOA TerrorEyz and live bait are very popular right now. Snook season closes May 31st, so time is running short for catching a keeper fish. Trout are still being caught around the flats. Harbor Branch, Round Island and the Power Plant have been good areas to target. DOA Deadly Combos continue to put trout in the boat.

Lots of dolphin are still being taken anywhere from 150' out. Many big fish are being reported by almost anyone out trolling ballyhoo. May has turned out to give us some fantastic fishing adventures and it should only get better as the weather cooperates. Have some fun and get out fishing!

Tip of the Week:

The water has remained quite clean on the flats, even with all the rain. Clear water provides fish with much better vision and they can become skittish in these conditions. Keeping things quiet can increase your chances on the flats. Fish in shallow water are already nervous about being there and they run for deeper water at the first sign of anything out of the norm. Keep the noise down and you can improve your catches on the flats.

Captain Charlie Conner
    www.fishtalescharter.com

772-284-3852

Wayne Foisy with his first redfish - 28.5 inches and having some fun on the river.

Mike Lasorik with his 28.5 inch redfish and dad with a jack.

Default Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island Fishing Report

Road Trip, Disaster and Rainout

I took a short road trip to Georgia last week. On the way I stopped at Amelia Island, Florida and took in a days fishing. That evening while in the hotel room, that overlook a marina and boat dock, I heard a loud noise. I looked out the window and black smoke filled the air and drifted out towards the sea. As I searched for the source of the smoke I spotted a 40 foot boat in flames at the far end of the dock.

Later investigation determined that the owner had earlier loaded and gassed the boat for an early morning departure for the Bahamas. It took some time for the firemen to stretch fire house out the T shaped dock and East along the decking. It was too late. The boat was a total loss. I later overheard a lady on a cell phone to relatives say, “Everything we have is on that boat, including a $1,000 in cash.” What a devastating reminder to always take full precautions when dealing with gasoline. Accidents happen, but always following recommended practices for fueling and starting a boat. Don’t let this happen to you.

Georgia Sea Trout

Once I got to Georgia my wife and I checked in to a downtown riverfront hotel. We did the thing on the waterfront and drove by Paul Dean’s Restaurant (If you guys don’t know who that is, just ask your wife, she probably does.) The next day was a drive out to Tybee Island for more sightseeing. What a great little beach town. We headed directly back to Savanna and checked out early - went back to Tybee Island and found a room. Lots of good food (I especially recommend the Breakfast Club for breakfast) and a beautiful beach. We found the public library which was perfect for checking emails and catching up on a little work. I know, should have left it at home but that’s just the world I live in. Some things can’t wait.

The next morning I got up early and headed for Hogan’s Marina where I would meet up with Capt. Charlie Warren. Capt. Charlie is a tug boat captain where he docks and undocks ships in the Savanna Harbor. He was born and raised in Savannah and knows the area like the back of his hand. We fished oyster bars for speckled trout and did very well. I commented to Charlie that the fish seemed particularly fat and healthy. So much so they almost looked like a different species than we catch at home. They are also plentiful. The legal limit in Georgia is 15 fish with a minimum length of 12 inches.

We fished live shrimp under popping corks to keep the bait above the oyster bars. An occasional pop of the cork served to draw the feeding fish to the shrimp. After catching several I replaced the live shrimp with a RipTide 3 inch mullet (no surprise to you who read my reports regularly) and quickly hooked up on the silver shad color. After a few hours of catching trout we headed back to the dock to pick up my wife. She wanted a closer look at Paul Dean’s house that wasn’t far away. Capt. Charlie was very accommodating and took her nearly to Paul’s back door. If you every want to do try some Georgia Sea Trout fishing just give Charlie a call at 912-313-6718. You can visit his website at www.savannahfishingguide.com. If you get there the right time of year he is also a cobia fanatic and will be happy to take you in search of the brown bomber.
    Rainout
    After returning home it has been nothing but rain. Some portions of Central Florida have had up to 30 inches. All trips had to be canceled and rescheduled. I am really anxious to get back on the water. The weather is a little better today with no rain yet although afternoon thunder storms will become a part of our normal weather pattern.

Who knows were the fish will be with a water level more than a foot above where it was only a week ago. The first trip out will be a prospecting trip for sure. Don’t be afraid to check out new areas you have not been able to get to because of water depth. The fish are sure to move on up into the newly flooded areas. I will continue to cast my favorite RipTide 3 inch mullet because as a prospecting bait you can cover a lot of territory with it. If the winds are not too great top water baits also make a good search bait. We will all just have to adapt to the new water level. The fish are still there, but probably not where they were before.

That's what it's all about. Good fishin'.

Capt. Ron Presley

Cool SW FL-Bonita Beach: Backwater Reds, Trout & Shark; Yell

Monday morning, 5/18, Tim Guthman and his six-year-old son, Tyler, had hoped to go fishing offshore. But the time-line on an approaching weather front was uncertain and had me concerned about rough seas offshore for the little guy so I recommended we fish the backwaters. We did well with shrimp in central Estero Bay, and Tyler caught a keeper redfish at 18 1/2 inches. We also caught four keeper trout to 19 1/2 inches, and we released a three-foot bonnethead shark, a three-pound crevalle jack, and undersized snapper, jack, snook and trout.

Wednesday morning, father and son anglers, Gary and Bryant Click, fished Estero Bay with me, having given up plans to fish offshore because of four-to-six foot seas out there. We had a very good morning of fishing in the central bay, using shrimp and popping corks. We caught three trout, two at 23 inches and one at 20 inches, and we released some smaller ones. We also got two keeper redfish at 21 inches and 23 ½ inches, two keeper mangrove snapper, a keeper sheepshead at 13 inches. We released two snook, 21 inches and 23 inches.

Gary and Bryant fished with me again Thursday morning, and we caught numerous trout, seven of which were keepers to 20 inches. We also caught a keeper redfish at 18 ½ inches and a keeper sheepshead at 14 inches. We again fished with shrimp and popping corks. Although the guys had hoped for one morning offshore and one in the backwaters, we ended up fishing both mornings in Estero Bay, due to high seas offshore.

After a rainy Friday, Saturday presented my first opportunity to fish offshore this week. Mack Wilson and son-in-law, John France, headed out 22 miles west of New Pass to fish in 45 feet. We did well with shrimp for snapper, and caught nine yellowtail to 14 inches, three mutton snapper, 16 ½, 17 ½ and 19 inches, and ten whitebone porgies to 15 inches. We released smaller porgies, along with undersized triggerfish and grouper.

The photo shown is of angler John Kakatsch, with a 19 inch sheepshead, caught on shrimp, earlier this month on an inshore trip. It was kind of a surprise to find this big of a sheepie in bay waters this late in the season.
    Captain Dave Hanson
    Fishbuster Charters, Inc.
    Bonita Beach, FL
    239 947-1688
    fishbuster@comcast.net
    http://www.fishbustercharters.com

Default Islamorada Tarpon, Permits and bones

Islamorada Tarpon Permit and Bones
    In mid May 2009

Finally the wind has died at least for now and we are getting mirror conditions early in the morning, these conditions are great for finding the large schools of Permit and smaller schools of tailing Bonefish that are cruising the flats of Biscayne Bay and in Islamorada.
    Yesterday we saw over 300 Permit floating in Biscayne Bay with plenty of shots at them but our anglers could not connect…In their defense the fish were a little spooky and the casts were a few feet from the mark. And on the ocean side we hooked a 50 lb Tarpon on a hand picked live shrimp but the poon spit the hook.
    Over the last week I fished the Key Morada fishing tournament at Hawks Cay on Duck Key to benefit the Crohns and Colitis foundation of America and had the pleasure to meet and fish with some very nice people. Anthony Conetta of Columbia Sportswear, John Arrastia, Jr. caught a 8 lb Islamorada Bonefish, Kristie Sanders caught a 31 inch 11 lb Redfish and to close it out David Vetter caught his first 2 reds on fly and a 40 plus pound Permit in the backcountry, thanks to all of you and hope to see you soon.
    On the ocean side flats from Biscayne Bay to Marathon and especially in Islamorada there is a great push of migrating Tarpon to be seen….caught is up to the Tarpon and angler, if you do go a very small fly is the best on a 12 wt fly rod with plenty of backing on the reel! We are feeding on the average 7 fish per day with some days up to 12 and landing 2 to 3 Tarpon a day up to 120 lbs. There are plenty of laid up Tarpon in the back as well these guys will eat flies live shrimp and crabs.
    In Flamingo there are plenty of Reds and Snook on the flats but some days they have had lock jaw but after the full moon they should eat well, This time of year we also have large amounts of Snook on (certain) beaches so that is always an option as well as mucho big Tarpon in the Gulf.

Till next time….”Good luck”
    Capt. Jim Hale
    786-255-1788
    www.floridasportfishingcharters.com

Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast